[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about how great Yasujiro Ozu was? >wooden acting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: tokyoStory.jpg (20KB, 347x347px) Image search: [Google]
tokyoStory.jpg
20KB, 347x347px
Can we talk about how great Yasujiro Ozu was?

>wooden acting
>basically no plots
>constantly ignored the rules of pacing and cinematography
>never even moved the damn camera during a shot
>STILL some of the comfiest and most beautiful films of all time

Why aren't you watching one right now /tv/?
>>
>>81073295
i'm not an aniweeb
>>
>muh tight framing
>muh dearth of horizontal motion within frame
>muh front-back motion
>muh composition at the expense of continuity
>muh tatami
>>
>>81073295
>rules of pacing

Kill yourself.
>>
>>81073443
putting muh before things does literally nothing to devalue them...
>>
>>81073518
putting literally before things does
>>
from ozu i like tokyo twilight best
>>
File: 1490718558368.jpg (25KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1490718558368.jpg
25KB, 641x530px
>>81073752
are you me?

thought i was the only one
>>
setsuko hara is the supreme qt of cinema history
>>
>>81073518
it's done to point out that the poster is aware of the likely points the other person will make, so that they can be avoided.
>>
>>81073469
The rules of pacing are exactly the same for all fiction:
>does it advance the plot?
>does it develop the characters?

If it does neither then it needs to be cut, no exceptions. I don't care how pretty it looks, it's wasting my time.
>>
File: 1486853305099.png (513KB, 449x506px) Image search: [Google]
1486853305099.png
513KB, 449x506px
I liked the one where the daughter wasn't married yet
>>
late spring is one of the best movies i've ever seen
>>
>>81073295
These movies look like science fiction. Every scene, room, prop, are clean and tidy. Every person are acting in a very controlled and stiff way.

I don't think even science fiction movie is ever so tidy. Not even 2001 is that tidy
>>
>>81076063
That's just Japanese culture. Shameful to be untidy and show too much emotion even in a movie.
>>
>>81073663
>>81074446
yeah no you are idiots...
>>
>>81076063
they took 100 identical takes of every scene and then meticulously apologised and agonized over cutting, despite the fact it was the same every time.

anime is just their weaponized autism, it's revenge for the bombs.
>>
>>81077809
No. other Japanese movies aren't like that.
>>
im only going to watch one of this guys movies, which one is maximum?
>>
>>81074526
>more like the Rules of Nature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0
>>
>>81077939
Floating Weeds
>>
I could never finish a Ozu movie. Meanwhile I have watched all of Tarkovsky's and Tarr's movies (except Satantango), so no, I don't hate slow movies. I don't get why his cinema is so revered, might as well be an internal joke by the critics.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.