[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please recommend some movies or TV series with good acting. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

Please recommend some movies or TV series with good acting. I'm not so concerned with the genre or plot, I just want the acting to be believable.

Pic related.
>>
The Sopranos. Nothing else even comes close.
>>
>Vikings, give it time and there's no way you wont love Travis Fimmel, though Ragnar being a god-tier character helps
>House of Cards, best acting in a series I've watched, together with True Detective
>If you watched Breaking Bad, which I'm not even including in the list cause I believe everyone has seen BB already, watch Better Call Saul. Bob Odenkirk is criminally underated
>Twin Peaks, It's Lynch, so the acting from all cast is just perfect
>Sherlock has great acting too, especially Martin Freeman
>If you're just caring for acting, watch S02 of True Detective, the acting is great
>>
>>81071888
Quarry.
>>
>>81071888
Kings was pure acting kino. Shame it got canned after one season.
>>
Hannibal has pretty good performances.
>>
>>81072245
>Twin Peaks
>Good acting
>>
>>81071888
Six Feet Under
>>
>>81072283
That and the new amazon show Patriot.
>>
Westworld, Anthony Hopkins does an amazing job.
>>
>>81072199
Fpbp

Came here post this

Checked
>>
>>81071888
The Leftovers. Can be kind of hit or miss with S1 but goddamn S2 had some phenomenal performances
>>
>>81072245
>Sherlock
Within a few hours of watching Mary is going to appear and then you'll have to deal with her atrocious acting
>>
This is pretty good op, short series.
>>
>>81072199
a lot of it is in the dialogue but yeah this is as good as it gets
>>
Game of Thrones, for most of the cast. Emilia Clarke is hot shit though
>>
File: 1434692709951.jpg (23KB, 240x251px) Image search: [Google]
1434692709951.jpg
23KB, 240x251px
>>81077350
>GoT
>Good Acting
Pick 1... there are few passable performances but in general the show is shit
>>
>>81071888
>>
Is Vikings something one should watch? I gave the first season a whirl, it didnt really do much for me. Are the later seasons good? I never got much out of the main dude
>>
>>81072931
To be fair, there are some great performances in Twin Peaks, Ray Wise, for instance. It's the style of the acting that's somewhat off-putting, but once you get into the vibe, you can appreciate the work a lot more, and they do break out of the soap style occasionally in pivotal scenes.
Now the film, Fire Walk With Me, has really excellent performances all around.
>>
File: 1488510372815.png (131KB, 318x335px) Image search: [Google]
1488510372815.png
131KB, 318x335px
>no mention of Mad Men
Plebs, the lot of you.
>>
>>81071888
All Quiet On The Western Front (1930)
>>
>>81079884
Goes downhill fast after season one
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.