[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so fucking right with Raimi's spider-man movies.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (560KB, 656x343px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
560KB, 656x343px
What went so fucking right with Raimi's spider-man movies. AND WHY THE FUCK CAN'T THEY GET THEM RIGHT SINCE?
>>
>>81068743

Because Film Execs view the current populace as low attention subhumans with a lack of intelligence unable to pick up on the nuance of dramatic build up and tension so they make every flick explosion after explosion with quips in between as exposition.

When Spider-Man 2 came out, most audiences found the movie boring until the last 30 minutes, so the Producers at Sony decided to make Spider-Man 3 action pack filled from start to end with a large cast of villians for Spidey to go up against.
>>
>>81068919
Spider-Man 2 is fucking boring. First act is a montage of Peter being late to shit, the second act is him not being Spider-Man and being on time to things, and then the third act is a Spider-Man movie
>>
They weren't that good. SM2 had some strong points, SM1 was okay, SM3 was bad start to finish.
>>
I don't understand why everyone looks at the new Spider-Man trailer and says "Finally a Spider-Man who says wisecracks! Now this will be funny!" Raimi understood that endless wisecracks just get boring after a while, but you know what's always funny? Tobey as Peter Parker being humiliated, that's the good shit.
>>
>>81068976

I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. Spider-Man 2 was great from start to finish and quite possibly the best cape ever made
>>
File: Night on Bald Mountain.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Night on Bald Mountain.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>81068743
Homecoming looks good, mostly due to Disney-tier CGI and based Keaton.

Also, nothing will beat Spiderman 2, but the Amazing SM movies weren't full-on garbage...parts of them we're okay.
>>
>>81069072
I look at the new trailer and all I see is a sterile piece of shit made in a studio for the sole purpose of making money. Spider-Man 1 and 2 are timeless works of are compared to this pigslop.
>>
>>81068743
They were pretty campy and camp & comedy were pretty popular with the kiddos at the time. I ended up seeing Spiderman 1 three times in the theater with different friends over it's run. It was just a really fun movie, and had great special effects for the time as well.

Spider-Man 3 pushed too hard with the camp though, and it was just too cringy to enjoy.
>>
>>81069175
this
>>
>what went right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ac4xamCIgY
>>
We all felt like Peter Parker, and Tobey is an actual square and not Jewish. Sam's sense of humor, timing and relatioships with loved ones made it a very comfy trilogy. Spare me your quibbles with 3, I don't care. Dark Knight is best, after Raimi Spidey., because of the contrast between Batman and Joker's modus operandi.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.