[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /tv/ either love or hate this movie? >implying /tv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: 28-days-later-2002-image-3.jpg (57KB, 960x517px) Image search: [Google]
28-days-later-2002-image-3.jpg
57KB, 960x517px
Why does /tv/ either love or hate this movie?

>implying /tv/ is one person

yeah yeah I know but every time I see it discussed here people always say it was pure zombie kino or so bad that fans should kill themselves.

What do you think?
>>
>>81056839
I love this movie.
>>
>>81056839
I hate this movie.
>>
>>81056839
Boyle used horribly fucking shit cameras because he could set them up really quickly for the exterior London shots, which they had a limited time to film. These cameras are of such poor quality that they're a distraction and detract from the movie. Like most Boyle films it falls apart in the 3rd act. Everything in the mansion just screams "we didn't know how to end this movie."

In spite of those points I still enjoyed the movie. I think it's a 7/10 for me.
>>
>>81056839
Hang on isn't that the time the Westminster attacks just happened wtf?
>>
>>81056972
Kill yourself faaaag.
>>
I think it's a masterpiece, but no one will agree with me for years
>>
>>81057048
This probably the reason. I got the movie on blu ray years ago and it is far and away the worst looking blu ray I own. Other than that I love the movie but the ending is such a change of pace it has the same effect that sunshines late act has on people. They either hate it or love it.
>>
>>81057048
i liked the low res cams
really gave it that gritty and dirty feel that all horror movies lack
3rd act would be a lot better if they stuck with the original ending (guy dies on the hospital and the negress and the girl are alone)
>>
>>81057048
>tfw I wasn't sure if I just downloaded a shitty rip when I first saw it
>>
>>81056839
I love this movie, despite the nu-male SJW victory.
>>
It would've been GOAT if it ended with the dream of them leaving him
>>
>>81057069
nice.
>>
File: 1404743668287-3.jpg (19KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
1404743668287-3.jpg
19KB, 300x279px
>>81056839
>So what if 28 Weeks Later is superior to its prequel? 28 Days Later isn’t hard to top; it was one of the least imaginative horror movies since The Blair Witch Project. It also marked a new low point in movie professionalism due to trend-chasing director Danny Boyle’s use of darker-than-dark videography that obscured the already predictable action.

>(Watching 28 Days Later was torture but also an act of wishing; audiences hoped to see something scary even though they literally couldn’t see anything for most of the movie.)
>>
>>81057211
This is actually what I like most about it.

You also very rarely see the infected clearly. Halloween did this, almost never showing Michael until the end, and it was scarier that way. Horror movies nowadays give you nice, long, detailed views of your villains, and to me it detracts from the experience.

The fact that almost every time you see the infected they're gritty-looking and usually appears as shadowy figures (getting real fucking scary when they're in the light) works.

Boyle did admit he wished he'd used better cameras, but back then he was still a pretty much unknown director working with a low budget and the new idea of a zombie movie but not zombies.
>>
File: IMG_1344.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1344.png
1MB, 1136x640px
>>81056839
K I N O
The low quality cameras sell the abandoned London concept. The acting is great, a surprise for a "zombie" film. 3rd act is kinda shit though, like you said. The dream scene and the introduction are my favorite scenes
>>
>>81057423
>gave jack and jill a good review
>thinking his opinion matters
>>
>>81057423
TOO FAR ARMOND
>>
>>81057478
>>81057128

The third act is definitely a change of pace and hit or miss, and I feel like that's what makes this movie divisive. You either really love or really loathe the third act.
>>
>that sequence of abandoned London with East Hastings in the background
gets me every time
>>
>>81056972
>>81057000
this.
>>
>>81057544
Just like Sunshine, another Boyle film starring Cillian >>81057548
Murphy as the lead. Damn.
>>
>>81057548
jim walking through london desperately calling out for just someone to answer him is one of my favorite scenes in cinema altogether. it's a powerful thing and harrowing to imagine someone walking through one of the world's largest cities with not a single soul or sound anywhere and no idea why, like a last man on earth horror story.
>>
>the army turn into uncontrollable rapists because they haven't shagged anyone in less than a month

The third act is unforgivable.
>>
>>81056839
It was okay. Better than most Zombie movies...which isn't really saying much. It's still laughable.
>>
>>81057752
>the army wants sex from the women because they believe they may be the last humans left in britain and the colonel has discovered that the infected eventually starve
>considering the possibility of the world having fallen to the outbreak he deems the cure necessary to infection to be waiting out for the infected to starve and then repopulating the world
>the women become understandably violent causing these unstable men who have witnessed their entire society collapse, their friends and family get devoured or turned into infected, and have been held out in a small manor for a month retaliate and try to force the women to fuck them
>this displays the process of humanity downgrading, with the soldiers giving in to the desires of lust and the stir-craziness of isolation, with selena abandoning her humanity and vowing to kill even friends and loved ones if they turn infected, and jim seemingly becoming one of the infected himself, echoing age old romero-era themes of humans being monsters deep down and displaying how fragile society is from keeping base human instinct at bay

fixed for ya
>>
File: 28-days-later-bus.jpg (47KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
28-days-later-bus.jpg
47KB, 720x405px
I really liked it, used to love it when I was younger but have since gone off it a bit. I agree that the grainy cams add to the horror and gritty feel of it, and to be honest it wouldn't be the same without, but some of the shots it looks glaringly bad (see: the shot of the city with a reflection in the foreground) and some it works really well, like when Jim is in the blockade towards the end in the rain.

Hannah's acting is god awful which is probably my least favorite bit of the film, but she at least carries the kind of desensitized ptsd feel even if it wasn't intended.

Army bit all seemed fine to me, sure it's a bit far fetched that it would come down to rape but they've probably all seen some shit and know nobody is coming for them. I don't know, not trying to rationalize it, but I think the whole 3rd act was great apart from Hannah's acting and the bit where she hides behind the mirror
>>
>>81057964
>the mirror

It was a little silly but it wasn't the worst idea. She's trapped in a small room with a zombie coming for her. It was at least more clever than just hiding under a bed or something. Wasn't anything else she could do.
>>
>>81057752
that's pretty accurate to every war in human history
>>
>>81058047
t. antifa numale who hates the troops who fight for his freedom
>>
>>81057752
Kinda makes me want to enlist
>>
File: HannahAtWorsleyHouseDinner.png (601KB, 1191x735px) Image search: [Google]
HannahAtWorsleyHouseDinner.png
601KB, 1191x735px
I thought it was great, only thing I disliked was this girls atrocious acting.
>>
>>81058097
why would I hate the army for raping some sluts? They deserve it
>>
>>81058046

Oh yeah, not saying she was dumb for doing it, just that it was pretty silly for them to write it in

Forgot to mention that the movie eventually had me find Godspeed You! and started a whole year of new music so can't complain too much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVekJTmtwqM
>>
File: Megan_Burns_as_Betty_Curse-01.jpg (49KB, 397x537px) Image search: [Google]
Megan_Burns_as_Betty_Curse-01.jpg
49KB, 397x537px
>>81058149

DAD?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIEYBKHQUAQ
>>
It's okay but feels too historical now, I can't imagine white people living in 2017 London
>>
>>81058097

>was in army
>lived in catterick for years
>most of my company were absolute mongs

I don't hate them but I know half of them would rape something the first chance they got, they literally just had nowhere better to go.
>>
>>81058149
not the worst child actor

more bearable than carl or anakin
>>
>>81058250
thank you for Correcting The Record
>>
>>81058216
She literally sings the same way she acts, boring and monotone.
>>
File: 1470690613313.jpg (152KB, 1080x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1470690613313.jpg
152KB, 1080x1065px
>>81056839
>THREAD THEME https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAIrWZrEAeM
>>
>>81056839
It's the only zombie movie I tolerate, I fucking hate zombies on any medium.
>>
>the infected
Utter dogshit.
>>
The world design of 28 Days Later is more fascinating to me than the movie itself. We know Britain became infested and like that one soldier ranted, it was a diseased island that the rest of the world quarantined. But what about Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man?

We know in 28 Weeks Later, there was a British government-in-exile and tons of Brits overseas at the time of the infection, but how did Canada, Australia, and New Zealand react since the Queen is their head of state?

And I'm surprised NATO and/or the EU didn't just firebomb the shit out of Britain after the 1st month. Better safe than sorry.
>>
>>81058803
>how did Canada, Australia, and New Zealand react since the Queen is their head of state

Probably.

>holy shit I hope that shit doesn't come here I'm glad it's stuck on that dinky island
>>
>>81058803
Britain was/is a major part of the world economy, and rendering it uninhabitable would've caused huge economic problems and would've been unpopular with its people overseas. Plus, NATO learned the infected eventually starve since they don't actually eat people, just bite and claw them. They do firebomb London at the end of 28 Weeks as you know, but at that point it's too late.
>>
>>81056839
I loved it. The final mansion scene with the theme song really made it eery and nerve racking.
>>
>>81058884
Britain needs decades upon decades to recover as a nation. At best, there'd be something like 2 maybe 3 million British expats working and living overseas or British exchange students or British tourists on vacation at the time of the outbreak. And of course, the Royal Family, politicians, and other important figures.

The UK still retains its assets and whatnot so there's plenty of capital for the survivors to use to rebuild their lives. However, there's no fucking way the US and NATO would've repopulated Britain that soon in 28 Weeks Later.

Realistically, select teams of scientists in Hazmat suits would carefully monitor and test England, Wales, and Scotland for signs that the infection spread to animals or it's lying dormant somewhere. That could take years if not decades.

The kids in 28 Weeks mentioned they were in a refugee camp on the continent. What's the short-term fate of all those Britons who are stranded without their homes and country anymore?

>>81058874
Obviously that, but the infection puts those 3 countries in a superior position than the UK. It might make them rethink their relationship seeing how they're the ones with the population, infrastructure, and resources to assert themselves contrary to what the British government that's left wants.

Northern Ireland is especially a thorny issue because nationalists in the southern republic would be very wary of accepting any influx of British refugees in fear of being infected.
>>
>>81056839

it's a legitimately good movie but also popular so the contrarians come out to play
>>
>>81059288

m8 it's only Northern Ireland that's governed directly by the UK. They'd carry on as normal besides an economic hit and probably panic from one of the most prominent countries in the world being wiped away. The Queen being the head of state doesn't really mean much.
>>
>>81059299
The criticisms in this thread have merit.
>>
>>81057423
>Adam Sandler’s comedies are not “dumb fun,” maybe that’s why they’re not in critics’ favor. Sandler’s hilarious new film Jack and Jill (in which he portrays both male and female fraternal twins), brings to mind the great line that Ernst Lubitsch’s classic 1946 female plumber comedy Cluny Brown “upset people who didn‘t like to admit they have plumbing.”
In Jack and Jill, Sandler looks at sibling rivalry without that acrid love of dysfunction so popular on TV and Broadway. It’s obvious that Los Angeles ad exec Jack and his hefty, homely, still unmarried sister Jill who visits from New York will mend their rift but the fun is in watching the healing process. The film’s comedy (as in coach potato behavior) shows the depths of kinship–similarities siblings can’t help sharing but learn to accept in themselves. And Sandler’s always protective–as when Jack insults Jill but warns “I can say that because I’m her twin.”
Jack and Jill reveals that Sandler’s best comedies (Grown Ups, Bedtime Stories, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry and the great Spanglish) are really love stories. He explores affection without the class and gender guilt Judd Apatow hides behind (the distraction scuttled Apatow’s grandiose Funny People). Sandler’s willingness to appear “dumb” is what makes his films so cathartic. He thrives on being unembarrassed–the key to classic comedy going back to the Greeks.
Sandler, of course, always goes back to Jewishness. He may be the least ethnically abashed Jewish film comic outside the Borscht Belt which is Jack and Jill’s natural strength. Jack’s self-consciousness about Jill is rooted in Jewish comics’ proverbial self-deprecation (that’s why the twinship premise). Jill’s large features, gaucheness, petulance and unsophisticated ways are not anti-Jewish traits but the qualities that insecure, social-climbing ethnic groups usually evade.
>>
File: 1482474012750.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1482474012750.png
211KB, 327x316px
>>81060365
>Sandler, of course, always goes back to Jewishness
>>
>>81058097
americans are really stupid or this is an excellent bait
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.