[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRX WkBQ80hs IT trailer is out.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 8

File: it.png (420KB, 843x348px) Image search: [Google]
it.png
420KB, 843x348px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRXWkBQ80hs

IT trailer is out.
>>
that slide projector scene was kinda neat

i was hoping on not too many jump scares but eh

i swear i could hear the screams from the prometheus trailer
>>
File: IMG_4080.jpg (16KB, 296x167px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4080.jpg
16KB, 296x167px
Oh fuck it looks like the film is still in the 80's, and the cast is still kids. I was expecting some modern day remake with teens or some shit. This looks like.
>>
>>81047629
i always thought this was about a clown serial murderer but its with le ebin ghosts shit?

damn thats overrated as fuck
>>
>>81048627
The part with the kids is supposed to be set in the 50's you retard. They've just gone with the 80's because of the stranger things meme. The part with adults will be set in modern times.
>>
I thought I saw the mike witnessing the black spot fire but I really hope they save that for his father to retell it in part two
>>
File: tweet.png (50KB, 598x320px) Image search: [Google]
tweet.png
50KB, 598x320px
I hear it's perfectly adequate.
>>
>>81047629

Eh, not very hopeful about this. Le you'll float! By the way did you know you'll float? You'll float too haha! They all float down here.

Float.

I hope it's not repeated as much in the movie. I still think the clown looks fucking retarded and I laughed at the clown charging like a crazed Zoidberg.
>>
File: retarded.jpg (152KB, 1876x801px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.jpg
152KB, 1876x801px
>FAST MOVING CGI DEMONIC LOOKING CLOWN OH LAWD

I expected nothing less from the director of Mama.
>>
File: F- Appy yourself.jpg (32KB, 498x614px) Image search: [Google]
F- Appy yourself.jpg
32KB, 498x614px
>>81049214
>>
File: asdfjk.jpg (170KB, 1890x788px) Image search: [Google]
asdfjk.jpg
170KB, 1890x788px
CGI and jumpscares abound
>>
Is this an accurate description of the book?
>Honestly I thought it was too long winded. If King wasn't an autistic piece of shit hack the book would be about 500 pages long. Across ten pages you'll have about five paragraphs of substance, rest is filler nonsense. For example, in a sequence where a child is running away from school bullies they'll run past a fire hydrant. Then the character will go on a four page tangent recalling how he had a head on collision with the hydrant with his bicycle. Tangent over, resume the chase. A paragraph or two of the character running. Then he passes a baseball field. Cue a six page tangent about how he would always play with his brother at this baseball field. Tangent over, one paragraph describing him running. Now he'll pass a billboard advertising cheese. He'll go on a 15 page tangent about how one of his fondest memories were spending weekends down his aunt's house eating cheese with her home made crackers. Tangent over, resume chase, one or two paragraphs of relevancy before something triggers another 20 page tangent about boring, irrelevant garbage you don't give a flying fuck about.

>Book has it's moments when it's talking about shit which is actually relevant to the characters or story, but 75% of it is filled with autistic tangents that have no relevance.
>>
>>81049904
How is that CGI or a jump scare?
>>
>>81049633
The same man who said Hush is the new Halloween now says It succeeds his expectations? Doesn't exactly entice me.
>>
i cackled when clownman started running towards that kid but otherwise it looks okay

it'll probably be bad though
>>
>>81049945
Did you not watch the trailer?
>>
>>81049927
Not at all.
>>
>>81049633
as much as i liked King's books, i wouldnt take his modern opinion on anything at face value
>>
>>81049984
Yes? The trailer had 0 jump scares.
>>
>>81050030
Go back and watch it again. The scene that I screencapped with Pennywise popping up in the sewer. Fucking watch it again.
>>
>>81049303
they decided on 80s before stranger things. its because studio execs know how to cash in on 80s nostalgia thats going in right now, it also will save money on part 2 since they can set it in the present day and not have to design an 80s set
>>
>>81049214
It is a demon serial murderer
>>
>>81050062
His head steadily rises up. Just because the trailer added audio doesn't mean the scene is a jumpscare.
>>
>>81049927
no. the tangents dont interuppt shit like that constantly.
to be honest IT was one of the best flowing books when it came to sentence structure. its a smooth read.
>>
>>81049748
>I expected nothing less from the director of Mama.
This will go down as a tragedy for the horror genre. The Carey guy who made True Detective wanted to make this It remake, he actually choose this project because it was something he was very passionate about him. The studio wanted it to be a generic horror movie filled with jump scares but Carey isn't a beta piece of shit, he was putting up with their nonsense and ultimately had to part ways. I'm sure it broke his heart, he really wanted to make this and although I didn't even like True Detective that much I'm sure he had a worthwhile vision for this remake.

Now Carey is out they attached the Mama director this who is infamous for being a fucking doormat. He let's the producers walk all over him, push him around. He's a soulless yes man who doesn't give a shit about making a quality movie, he'll just do everything the studio tell him to do. Rather than an artist with a vision we're getting a beta fuck to make the movie. He let the producers bully him around during the production of Mama, this will be no different.

The Mama director is the Marc Webb of horror movies.
>>
>>81050030
The trailer had 2 jumpscares at the start and finish, the rest I don't know if it's that scary, the projector was kind of I guess
>>
>>81049748

Is henry cavill playing the clown?
>>
>>81050106
You're as retarded as this looks
>>81049748
>>
Where's the underage gang-bang
>>
>>81050167
>the trailer quickly cuts scenes together that must mean it's full of jumpscares
Yeah I'M the retard.
>>
Atleast were getting the cosmic turtle in the second movie
>>
>>81049633
He said the made for tv The Shining movie was better than Kubrick's movie. King is a pleb.
>>
>>81050115
that fuku douchebag had a terrible fucking script and would have destroyed this movie.
fuck off fanboy
>>
someone here afraid of clones? if so how scary is it 4u?
>>
>>81050227
How would you know? Even if you read the script you haven't seen this movie.
>>
>>81050151
no, it is alexander skarsgard's brother, bill.
>>
>>81049748
The giant 5 head makes him look like a disabled child
>>
>>81050233
clowns*
>>
>>81050025

plus its just clearly promotion work he is doing
>>
>>81050250
because the script changed everything good about the story and fuku and his friends shoehorned in their childhood trauma in it.
for god fucking sake they kill pennywise with shed tools. that alone makes it a 0/10 no matter the rest of it.
again
fuck off fanboy
>>
>>81050218

Kubrick's version was pretty shit, though, once you get past all the beautiful cinematography.
>>
>>81050250
Not him but I've read the script and can confirm it's total shit
>>
Doesn't look good.
>>
>>81050115
Fucknigga had a shit script. "The movie a made was a personal story of my childhood fears" BULL SHIT. How is ripping off the bath tub scene of the Shining related to his childhood? How is making Patrick a zombie in the morgue related to his childhood? How is a giant starfish related to his childhood? Pennywise wasn't even comical at all. He already acts sillier in this trailer than in this https://mega.nz/#!tF1kDK4T!K1vG082gTOvYZ2GCBIJ2TuqHxOn9RtRX_blxRUv_k-A . I have 0 clue why he got huffy with the studios.
>>
>>81049927
>Across ten pages you'll have about five paragraphs of substance, rest is filler nonsense.
King is notorious for going on long winded descriptions of the scenery and other meaningless shit. It's just one of his quirks. I haven't read It in over ten years so I don't remember if it was especially bad in that regard, but many of his books do feature it to some degree.
>>
>>81050326

what childhood trauma?
>>
>>81050363
The only other King book I've read is The Long Walk. It was only like 400 pages and it stayed on topic through and through.
>>
>>81050347
Even if that were true and we both know it's not, the tv movie was godawful in every single category.
>>
Can someone explain to me what is that Black spot you talk about?
>>
>>81050402
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY59mR44TLs
>>
>>81050387
The Bachman books are definitely some of his most efficient stories, but every book of his that is close to or over 1000 pages does nothing to justify the length.
>>
>>81050218
Better adaptation of the source material. Not a better movie.
>>
>>81050423
But why is that in the film? I mean, Derry is fictional town or not?
>>
>>81050461
Based on a real place but King changes things to suit his story if he wants.
>>
>>81050402
i think it was during 1930s, but pennywise amplifies the racist thoughts of the white townsfolk in derry to burn down the black nightclub and lock them all inside.
black kids dad is one of the only survivors.
>>
>>81050461
The Black Spot is a night club that burns down. It plays out exactly like the Station Nightclub did, everyone went for the entrance, causing a door jam like a Three Stooges sketch and most of them burned to death at the front door because no one thought to look for an alternative exit. The Black Spot has nothing to do with the main characters, it's just an unconnected side story which is told in a self-contained chapter. I think it's implied that Pennywise started the fire or maybe one of the bullies, I cant remember.
>>
I think this movie will end up being okay. Not amazing, but right in that region where it's a good watch.
>>
>>81050450
He said he liked it more. That's a pleb a tendency no matter the justification.
>>
Post please Fukunaga's script. I know you have it.
>>
File: 115415415948.png (295KB, 341x402px) Image search: [Google]
115415415948.png
295KB, 341x402px
Meh. The book was a 6/10 anyway so i can't imagine this will be good
>>
>>81047784
le quirky sinister moment
>>81049303
Can't wait for pennywise to send them a facebook request in the sequel
>>
>>81050202
BUT HE SHOWS UP IN THEIR CHILDHOOD AS WELL
>>
>>81050660
>Can't wait for pennywise to send them a facebook request in the sequel
Honestly seems like something he would do
>>
>>81047629
Is there some hidden meaning to "they all float down here" or is just a gag about how corpses float once bloated much like buoyant boats?
>>
>>81050660
>>81050739
>Can't wait for pennywise to send them a facebook request in the sequel
Honestly that would be a great moment.
>>
>>81050739
I see Pennywise dropping an easteregg in a news article that adult Mike recognizes. He did something like that with newspapers or something. I can't remember I haven't read the book in years.
>>
>>81049633
He eats shit for breakfast.
>>
>>81050745
There's no deeper meaning to it, what you said is what it is.
>>
>>81049303
>They've just gone with the 80's because of the stranger things meme

Also the book was published in the 80s so they could allow the adults part to take place in modern times.
>>
casting for Bev is fucking atrocious. a couple of the boys are cuter than she is ffs.
>>
>>81047629
It's time like this I wish it wasn't a pussy when it comes to horror movies.
>>
>>81050528
What, no the fire at the Black Spot happened to Mike Hanlons father. What happened was the "The Legion of White Decency" or whatever it was called, found out about the black soldiers had the club, they went down, blocked the doors and burned everyone up. But Mike Hanlon's father saw a big bird with balloons, and clown buttons on.

Fun fact, Dick Holleran(sp) from the Shining was in that fire.
>>
>>81050829
you might be gay anon
>>
>>81050874
sounds fun. you should cherish that.
>>
>>81050791
Nah, he didn't do anything like that if I can recall. The only thing involving print was like "RICHIE TOZIER AND THE "ALL DEAD" ROCK TOUR"
>>
This will make over a billion at box office, screenshot this.
>>
>>81047784

The slide projector scene is a positive change. What happened in the books at that part was less creepy
>>
>>81047629
>muh frenetic moving-in-fast-forward monster at 2:16
>paired with that scream
I snickered. Has anyone ever in the history of horror movies found the FFW effect frightening?
>>
>>81050195
This
>>
>>81051064
In the book they were looking through and old photo album right? Then they photos start moving and pennywise is dancing or something like that
>>
>>81049633
Every movie he's been directly involved with (except Creepshow) was utter shit, so I'm not trusting his judgement.
>>
File: 13143515.jpg (25KB, 319x315px) Image search: [Google]
13143515.jpg
25KB, 319x315px
>>81050195
Worst part of the book. Completely ruined beverly as a character
>>
>>81051239

Yes. I don't it would be much scary in movie form
>>
>>81051300
Gotta copy that sinister le quirky old cam footage
>>
>>81047629
Looks pretty good. The boat scene is like I imagined it pretty much.
>>
Somebody please mix this trailer with the "oh no nono look at the top of his head" audio. Please
>>
>>81051263

Maximum Overdrive was pretty fun. And I dunno how involved he was with Pet Semetary other than a cameo, but that shit was amazing.
>>
>>81050363
Not as bad as Tolkein desu senpai.

>Here's 500000 pages of the Hobbits walking through the fucking woods where nothing of consequence happens! Why is this included? Because I needed to put my fucking kids to sleep!
>>
>>81051348
Pet Semetary was pretty good, though they dragged on the pascal stuff too long, and left out some stuff. I wish they had kept in the coolest scene in the book, where something stops Louis's doctor friend, reaches out and almost touches him, his hair turned white and ran the fuck away.

Would have been cool to show that the ground wasn't just turned bad, that the Wendigo was still there.
>>
>>81051381

This is especially jarring when there's also shit like

>Okay then fifty years passed in a because I need to get this shit going.
>>
>>81051273
No. It was necessary to shedding their childhood innocence. It continued the cycle and allowed them to escape the sewer, forget IT, and move on. It was an act of love and survival. Context matters. You can say childhood gangbang all you want, but it doesn't change its importance.

If we're talking about Beverly as a character it was her abusive child molester father who ruined her. He paved the way for her to seek out abusive men who reminded her of him as an adult. If we're talking about the character of the character, I'd say she's shit for fucking Bill, who was in a loving marriage, behind Ben's back, which brings us to the most important thing: Ben is a cuck.
>>
Did It also had a connection to the Dark Tower series?
>>
>>81051860
Later on it did. The novel Insomnia takes place there, and there are references to IT in Derry. The King Fisher (Crimson King I can't remember) talks about how shape shifting has a strong history in Derry.

Also it explored the idea of The White, and Ka-tet, etc. Plus the Turtle is in it
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.