[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>latest trailer of Spiderman homecoming literally spoils

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 37

File: jl was a mistake.png (859KB, 930x899px) Image search: [Google]
jl was a mistake.png
859KB, 930x899px
>latest trailer of Spiderman homecoming literally spoils most of the movie
>JL's trailer was the one that fucked up!

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/28/15094054/spider-man-trailer-justice-league-faceless-steppenwolf-

What is it with DC stuff that sets these bloggers off? It can't just be the meme complaints like the toxic masculinity or "muh color" cucks, right?
>>
>>81039933
People hate what they dont understand but in time they will join us in the sun
>>
>>81039933
>Ben Kuchera
should've known better.
>>
>>81039933
Marvel is Hilary aka left
DC is Trump aka right
>>
The trailer was just a jumbled mess that told me nothing about the movie except that Iron Man is in it.
>>
The Justice League trailer does absolutely nothing — outside of very basic fan service — to get us to care about this conflict. The planet or galaxy hangs in the balance, we think, but the trailer relies on the same faceless horde of disposable bad guys that we saw in the Batman dream sequence from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Our heroes dutifully beat up the aliens while quipping to each other about this and that, but there never seems to be anything actually at stake.

“There’s an attack coming, from far away,” Bruce Wayne says in his heaviest of heavy voices but ... why is that scary? We have a big group of heroes who seems in charge of the situation through the whole trailer. There are no stakes, there is no bad guy to fear and no reason given for why these characters need to team up. They are in control of every situation in the trailer, and there are no character arcs even hinted at. Bruce Wayne is rich, The Flash is fast, and Cyborg is bad CG. They beat up on the would-be Chitauri and that’s that.
>>
File: marvel-dc-comic.jpg (130KB, 878x638px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-dc-comic.jpg
130KB, 878x638px
Liberals hate DC. I think it's because DC is all about old-fashioned heroes battling a disgusting new orld whereas Marvel is about how great that new world is and generally treats the old as something bad.
>>
>>81040120
“There's certainly logic to amassing an army against a super-team, especially on the big screen: It stops your protagonists from looking like bullies (who really wants to watch a five-against-one fight?) while giving each of them something to do simultaneously; it is, after all, harder to temporarily ‘hide’ that characters are present in a scene (or a physical space) onscreen compared with a comic book,” a Hollywood Reporter story about the use of faceless drones in superhero films states. “That setting your heroes loose against an army also allows for multiple action sequences and the good guys get to look kick-ass and productive without ending the movie too early is just an added bonus.”

The problem is that we have no reason to root for our heroes when they don’t seem to have anything to overcome. The speculation is that Superman returns as a bad guy — and that’s cringe inducing for a whole host of reasons — and of course we know who the actual bad guy is due to cut scenes and interviews, but the trailer fails to give us any hint of drama or struggle. There should be something big happening to give all these legendary characters a reason to work together, and the best the trailer can do is say bad dudes are on their way. Thanks?
DCucks BTFO.
>>
File: 1490710603947.jpg (149KB, 1140x670px) Image search: [Google]
1490710603947.jpg
149KB, 1140x670px
>>81040120
It's a trailer, it's not supposed to spoil the movie you fucking retard.
>>
>>81040146
>literally begging for spoilers
Why are MCUcks so retarded?
>>
>>81039933
I honestly think people are slowly turning into vegetables...
>>
>>81039933
>polygon
not even once
>>
>>81040152
wow that looks realer than real life
>>
>>81040120
>>81040146
Nigger, Marvel literally pulled a BvS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yViIi3gie2c
>>
>>81039933
I dont really care about capeshit wars but no matter what happens DC cannot win. They release a shit trailer like the one Spiderman had for BvS, everyone loses their mind about the spoilers. They release a really great trailer for JL, everyone loses their mind because they didn't get to see the whole movie in 2 minutes.
>>
>>81040152
That is the worst CGI I've seen in a mainstream film in quite a while.
>>
>>81040152
that reminds me the cathedral shot from Warcraft
>>
>>81040219
So you haven't watched the Justice League trailer?
>>
>>81039933
Literally shills, Spiderman's trailer was a disaster and even the comments are calling them out
>>
>>81040152
And these mouse cucks bitched and moaned about Snyder's Abrahamic imagery and CGI....
>>
They are just preparing themselves to be able to say "I told you so!" when JL releases and is garbage.
Always bet on the winning horse anon.
>>
>>81039933
>no smear campaign I swear buy baby groot t-shirts!
Fucking hell
>>
>>81040237
Cyborg looks like shite, other than that, its not as bad.
>>
>>81040237
I have; this is worse
>>
>>81040238
>even the comments are calling them out
there was this other thread a few days back with an article from Wired saying how "JL's trailer was still dark" and the comments section was also calling them out for clickbait.

I know mouseketeers here like to snicker and sneer about JL not getting a fair shake on RT with paid critics, but there is clearly some fuckery happening here.
>>
>>81040237
Damage Control
>>
>>81040298
Worse than Cyborg?
Come on.
>>
>>81040237
Everybody has, unlike Spiderman's
>>
>>81040297
So did Iron-man.
>autist finds out that movies are fake.
>>
File: marvel doesn't bribe at all.jpg (166KB, 737x635px) Image search: [Google]
marvel doesn't bribe at all.jpg
166KB, 737x635px
Why is the media shilling so hard for Marvel? When did critics and "journalists" just become an extension of corporate PR?
>>
>>81040318
I was shitting on the Spiderman trailer in an earlier post.
Not everyone is a retarded fanboy who thinks he has to "choose a side".
>>
>>81040301
Never bought into conspiracy theories of DCUcks but Im beginning to think there really is some agenda
>>
>>81040332
I'm just tired of these by-the-numbers plots. They get old after a while.

At least Logan tried something different and succeeded because of that.
>>
>>81040353
You were the one who brought up brand wars.

I'm on neither side but you are fanboy if you think that in JL was worse CG that what >>81040152 presented.
>>
>>81040353
Sure you were, Disney Pedro. Sure you were...
>>
>>81040319
Watch them both closely and then take into account one is 3 month's away from release
>>
>>81039933
They don't even hide it anymore and they didn't learn anything from the elections. They are doing more to expand the DCEU ever growing fanbase than the actual movies
>>
>cyborg CGI looked worse than Sony Game's Iron Man 4, Enters the Spiderman soon in all platforms except PC
t. shills giving themselves away
>>
>>81040397
They won't be able to make Cyborg not look like shit in just 3 months.
>>
>>81040152
CGI was a mistake.
>>
>>81040397
Do trailers always use early footage like this?
>>
>>81040332
surprised Nocturnal Animals received that score considering all the women it triggered
>>
>>81040120
>They beat up on the would-be Chitauri and that’s that.
>this faggot is implying motherfucking parademons are would-be Chitauri

I'm platinum mad.
>>
>>81040446
>this denial
cute
>>
>>81039933
>>Ben Kuchera is a marvel shill
Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>81040437
>cheap Transformers knockoff with a face photoshopped is much better I swear
>>
File: bvstrump.jpg (368KB, 1065x1233px) Image search: [Google]
bvstrump.jpg
368KB, 1065x1233px
Bros, why does the media hate DChads? Did Snyder personally fuck their wives? I didn't want this political shitflinging impacting my movies but it seems it's inevitable in an America "where every act is a political act".
>>
File: Bitter.jpg (463KB, 1032x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Bitter.jpg
463KB, 1032x1026px
>>81039933
>polygon
There is your mistake OP
>>
File: 1490709311184.jpg (200KB, 1669x689px) Image search: [Google]
1490709311184.jpg
200KB, 1669x689px
>>81040474
t. shill exposing himself
>>
>even the numales on the comments are calling bullshit on the blatant shilling
What a time to be alive
>>
File: 1490395014991.jpg (404KB, 1536x1025px) Image search: [Google]
1490395014991.jpg
404KB, 1536x1025px
>>81040494
Snyder BTFO

How does Marvel do it every time? A thousand Disney shills can't be wrong!
>>
>>81040480
>Rob Salkowitz
>>
>>81040377
MCU doesn't have anything different to offer. The movies are made for an audience that is there to buy a ticket, eat a bucket for popcorn and then buy some merchandise of a forgettable movie. The franchise lives on hype alone. I hate that the ''hurr watch those 15 solo movies so you can watch a team up movie'' is something that people look forward to, when every movie is the same, completely void of dialogue of characters.
I kinda like the DC approach and their way of setting up their movies. Hopefully, Justice League works out for them. I mean in the end of the day, DCEU is there to make money as well but at least I only had to watch 2 mediocre and 1 bad movie different from each other instead of 20 mediocre movies that almost feel identical.
>>
>Oh, boy. Where do we start?

>First off, the Spider-Man trailer is its second official one. The movie comes out in just a little over 3 months. Justice League’s trailer is its first one, and the movie won’t be out for 7 months.

>Then there’s the complaint about trailers spoiling plot beats. BvS’s trailer got so much slack for spoiling Doomsday. Maybe WB is learning from that, in not spoiling anything especially this soon into the marketing. Meanwhile, I’ve seen people beginning to complain that this Spider-Man trailer felt like it already showed you most of the story beats. The biggest issue I’ve seen people have so far is the fact that we know now why Peter is wearing his old makeshift costume again.

>Dissection is fine. Comparison is fine. But a wider perspective is more than welcome. At face value, this feels just like another attempt at igniting a fan war and getting the number of clicks and comments that these kind of articles usually get here.

Even the nu-males browsing Polygon thinks the writer went too far.

Are we heading into the era where the media is too cuckolded even by nu-male standards?
>>
>>81040494
This looks worse than Cyborg and if you want me to change my mind Disney has to hire me to say otherwise too
>>
>>81039933
Polygon was pumping out article after article about how you shouldn't MORALLY go see Batman vs. Superman a full month before it was even released. They're absolute scum payed off by Disney. Used to be funded by Microshit for a while, too.
>>
>>81040091
Marvel CEO literally suported Trump, you DCuck.
>>
>>81040538
>At face value, this feels just like another attempt at igniting a fan war and getting the number of clicks and comments that these kind of articles usually get here.
Shills BTFO forever, no recovery, no way back
>>
>>81040152
This can't be real footage. They really do blow all of their fucking money on RDJ and save up on the rest.
>>
>>81040512
What did WB pay Snyder to forget that there are more than 2 colors?
>>
>>81040550
Wtf morally?
>>
>>81040550
>pumping out article after article about how you shouldn't MORALLY go see Batman vs. Superman a full month before it was even released
Normally I wouldn't believe you and say that you're full of shit.

But this is Polygon we are talking about
>>
File: Zack-Snyder-Batman-Gauntlet.jpg (86KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Zack-Snyder-Batman-Gauntlet.jpg
86KB, 800x534px
>>81040480
Snyder needs to lay off the gym and get himself a plaid rolled up shirt with black framed glasses and spout feminist buzzwords.

It's weird that hipsters are all about hating mainstream shit, you know the type, the ones that would be fellating themselves for seeing some black & white pretentious European movie, yet they dick ride Disney movies, the biggest conglomerate power house in living memory like a dog in heat. What gives?
>>
>>81040552
>In September 2015, Perlmutter stopped overseeing the development of Marvel Studios. Disney felt the studio head, Kevin Feige, should report directly to the chief of Disney Studios, Alan Horn, so all cinematic properties of Disney, including Pixar and Lucasfilm, were under one management structure. The restructuring was allegedly due to Feige's "frustration" of working with Perlmutter as well as some alleged controversial comments and actions by Perlmutter, such as replacing the casting of Terrence Howard as James Rhodes with Don Cheadle because black people "look the same."[11]

He was fired by Disney from the MCU. Kevin Feige the cuckold backstabbed him.
>>
>>81040152
Three months until release, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>81040494
Jesus...
>>
>>81040113
You're joking right?
>Spiderman is active, Stark tells him to do low profile stuff but he wants to be an Avenger
>Spiderman ignores this and gets in over his head (the boat being cut in half)
>Iron Man saves the day, takes his suit
>Spiderman isn't sure if he should keep fighting
>Spiderman decides to take action against the wing guy and the other robot villain (they've warned him to leave them alone so he has a way out there)
>final fight is on top of a crumbling plane, with Spidey in his old suit
>>
File: perlmutter.jpg (105KB, 590x295px) Image search: [Google]
perlmutter.jpg
105KB, 590x295px
>>81040593
>displeasing the mouse

Perlmutter is finished.
>>
File: 1489753996949.png (644KB, 1093x680px) Image search: [Google]
1489753996949.png
644KB, 1093x680px
>>81040134
This is actually pretty accurate
>>
>>81039933
>>81039933
>>81039933

>"no, there's no agenda against DC at all!!!"

everyone who still believes this is seriously stupid

at this point, DC could do literally anything, they would get shit on regardless of the quality of what they do

it's fucking pathetic that every single time DC comes out with something good, even if just a trailer, some "journalists" will come out and compare it to the latest Marvel thing and for no reason at all say it's better

The Spider-Man trailer showed the entire movie BUT, guys, JL was shittier!!!!
>>
>>81040449
All the time.
>>
>>81040636
Yet he is still CEO over at Marvel, killing mutants to replace them with Inhuman scum
>>
File: suicide squad.jpg (136KB, 1246x942px) Image search: [Google]
suicide squad.jpg
136KB, 1246x942px
Uh-oh, someone needs to go tell Margot she's just a victim of male oppression.

Poor girl!
>>
>>81040678
What? JL trailer was better though... also how retarded is it that people are arguing over trailers
>>
So Justice League's trailer was a fun callback to the 90s blockbusters, full metal, managed to make Aquaman badass and it was received with UNIVERSAL praise

Spiderman's trailer, on the other hand, is a fucking mess that reveals too much of the plot, shows embarrasingly amateur CGI that makes Civil War look good and even the comments on the video were complaining. It couldn't even trend on twitter, some anime ending was more popular.

Not even three days later all the Disney media start making propaganda pieces like these. Regardless if you like the movies or not, it's obvious that there is a smear campaign against DC. This cannot be denied. My question is, knowing this, how much of a stretch is to assume that they not only pay these numale cucks but also shills on the main forums to push the same ideas?
>>
>>81040678
>at this point, DC could do literally anything, they would get shit on regardless of the quality of what they do
How about making a good movie?

I didn't see critics hating TDK.
>>
>>81040538

that comment actually perfectly sums it up. it's all about clickbait nowadays, which I wish these websites wouldn't get

like, how are people so fucking retarded to regularly visit and read these shitty articles?

if you want comic adaption news, why not just go to superherohype or aintitcool? I would've never thought that I'd say it but those sites are far more objective in their articles
>>
File: 1447723861979.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447723861979.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>81040552
Marvel CEO guy is a self-made man like Trump (probably honestly more self made than him considering he started from nothing) and a war-vet to my understanding. So of course he'll respect another self made guy who also claims to support war vets. But of course, this totally goes against Marvel's PR of being champions of diversity.

There is this trend going on where Marvel's diversity is over rated while DC's both movies and comics are under-rated, only because DC doesn't try to spend millions on The View to parade their tokens.
>>
>>81040731
TDK came out before the capesgit wars
>>
>>81039933
>Spiderman's trailer did a lot of things right
Stopped reading
>>
>>81040480
Heard someone talk about this.

>Like DC movies aren't just bad, they've somehow come to represent TRUMP, MALE GAZE, ISLAMAPHOBIA, WAGE GAP, GAMER GATE, everything

Basically people think that is something affirms their political beliefs it must be good, so if they think it's bad it must also be in allegiance with everything political that they loathe. Honestly BvS is kinda left wing, it's critical of drone warfare, tech billionaires, police brutality, and puts the lie to democracy to showcase naked power at work at all levels of our society.
>>
>>81040332
>Nocturnal Animals 75%

Jesus Christ.

>>81040457
Why did it trigger women? Pretty sure everyone in that film was an asshole except maybe Gyllenhal's characters

>>81040449
Civil War did for Black Panther
>>
>>81040728

it was better but that doesn't mean that all these fanboys won't waste their time in trying to convince everyone of the opposite

>>81040731

because TDK came out when Marvel didn't have a 10+ movie franchise you dipshit. hell, those fuckers would surely find a way to hate on TDK nowadays
>>
File: wonder woman.jpg (118KB, 1376x434px) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman.jpg
118KB, 1376x434px
>complains about Wonder Woman's hairless armpits
>suggested article
>why you should fuck a man in marriage
wtf I love degeneracy now
>>
>>81040152
Legit embarrassing
>>
>>81040727
lol bitch doesn't need this job, her husband owns a film production that's part of the WB chain if I recall. "Deserves better" my taint!
>>
>>81040794
Women hated it inpart due to the "unnecessary" depiction of rape

There was even an article complaining about the nude female butt shot
>>
>>81040789

all that politics shit is stupid. only americans be projecting THAT fucking hard, jesus christ

the only way in that the Marvel and DC thing resembles politics is that everybody is shitting on DC (trump) all the time while ignoring every single bad thing Marvel (hillary) ever does

you can't honestly believe that a movie in itself stands for some left or right wing values, get a fucking grip clapistans
>>
>>81040729
>It couldn't even trend on twitter, some anime ending was more popular.

What, Naruto?
>>
File: Digust.webm (393KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Digust.webm
393KB, 720x480px
>>81040799
>Why I slept with a married man, and what I learnt
>>
>>81040332
but Doctor Strange is really good desu
>>
>>81040794
>Why did it trigger women?
Not all women are triggered feminists, some of them loved NA Don't ask how I know this
>>
>>81040332

nocturnal animals actually has a higher score than Dr. Strange though. RT should definitely give up on that positive/negative shit. it totally overshadows the value of the actual review scores
>>
>>81040861
This was true until Marvel made that gay video where Sersh cried and it was heavily implied the Avengers wouldn't vote for Trump in the Marvel universe, it was ridiculous
>>
>>81040861
BvS wants to remain apolitical. But it seems even the writers knew it would end up in a shitstorm of controversy.

"On this planet, every act is a political act*

While Superman wants to remain apolitical and be a good guy that helps people, the world he's in wants to force him into taking political stands.

In some ways, that also became the dilemma of BvS as whole.
>>
>>81040889

I would describe every movie after Avengers 1 except for Winter Soldier and Ant-Man as "alright". they're not good, they're just generic and safe. the directors don't take any freedoms with their visions regarding the movies, you can just see that they are told what to do by someone else
>>
>>81040894
Are you a fucking roastie or a normie? Either way gtfo
>>
>>81040896
Not anymore
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/nocturnal_animals/
7/10
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/doctor_strange_2016/
7.3/10
Nocturnal Animals isn't that great either but Doctor Strange really is a piece of shit of the worst kind, relying in ripped off visuals and star power and brand value to hide how fucking generic and just plain BAD the movie actually is
>>
File: 1468565479375.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468565479375.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>81040912
Marvel made sersha cry? UNFORGIVABLE!
>>
>>81040943
Both
>>
>>81040770
Marvel CEO is a scumbag
>Isaac Perlmutter was born to a Jewish family in pre-statehood Israel. He emigrated to the United States after serving in the Israeli Army during the Six-Day War of 1967
>Marvel CEO Isaac 'Ike' Perlmutter met with President-elect Donald Trump at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida, on Wednesday. Reuters photographer Jonathan Ernst snapped a photo of the 74-year-old and Trump through a window on the property on Wednesday. It was the first image of him known to exist - except for a dated 'official' portrait published by Forbes magazine
>It was the first image of him known to exist

>There was the alleged statement to then-Marvel-editor-in-chief Bob Harras that if his children turned out to be gay (like Marvel exec Eric Ellenbogen) that he should kill them
>There were the stories about shouting in the office about wasting money – from leaving on light bulbs, wasting paper clips, notepad paper and coffee pots, – but also this was done very publicly, to make a point. And carried over into his decision to restrict trade paperback stocks for the publisher and repeatedly fire people just to see if the company could continue without them,
>There was also the cancellation of the Fantastic Four comic and licensing, and the reduction of the prominence of the X-Men due to his falling out with Fox Studios in negotiation over the film rights they owned
>>
>>81040912

what? I don't understand a fucking thing you are saying. who the fuck is Sersh and why the hell would anyone say shit like "the Avengers (literally made up charaters) wouldn't vote for X in real life "

>>81040917

that's actually a good argument. the funny thing is that Disney and WB actually want to make a solid buck off their franchises but the media (and some retarded fans) keep on pushing the Marvel-DC war

>we don't wanna fight
>MARVEL/DC IS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

you know that society has gone to fucking shit when people think capeshit movies represent political views
>>
>>81040799
N-not many people unironically support that shit, r-right guys? I-It's just a trolling, r-right?
>>
>>81040933
Deadpool certainly wasn't safe.
>>
>>81040846
>nude female butt shot
After all that fucking build-up and tension they couldn't NOT show something, what did they want, bloodied and beaten, CLOTHED rape-murder victims? The shot was also ambiguous to me so even after I saw it I didn't know if they were okay. That shot was great, and added to the scene.

>>81040894
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>81040933
Confirmed fact

>http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/24/civil-war-spider-man-2-and-the-dangers-of-assumed-empathy

>To go from championing what Marvel was doing to glancing around the room to see who else can smell the poop. And in case it isn't obvious, all of these standards comes from the fact that hulk loves the Marvel universe. Hulk grew up reading the comics, watching the old tv shows, all that stuff. And to grow up and see the way all these characters came to the forefront of the pop lexicon is, as a fan, a dream realized. The high point of which is probably The Avengers, which is a not so much a good movie as it is a spectacular conclusion.

>And since then, Marvel has figured this weird way of making serviceable movies by taking the lessons of that last act and working backward to emulate it at all times, but not doing the real work that gets you there. Meaning it has become the studio's weird quest to remove the 'bad scenes" aka the scenes audiences don't "Like" and as such it has indoctrinated one of the weirdest working modus operandis Hulk can think of. This is the genuine process btw: they put together inoffensive character-centric scripts where no one sees the huge story problems on the page (people are bad at reading scripts across the board). They hire great actors. They put action scenes into second unit hands. They shoot the sucker then get into the edit. And because people are better with seeing movies then they are at reading scripts, they then realize the story doesn't work. So they re-shoot half the movie (this is all planned beforehand) and include a lot of the stuff they thought they needed in the first place to make it work. They then tailor the final product to be as round and safe as possible. The movie is then greeted with either with a shrug or a hearty laugh and a slow slide into forgetting.
>>
>>81040983

even though I like some MCU movies I will always have the opinion that these movies pander to the lowest common denominator of mass audiences

literally everyone I talk to that tells me that Dr. Strange, Avengers 1 or whatever the fuck was a good movie, not even ONCE did these people have a good taste in movies. hell, these people usually tell me that the best movie in the world is pulp fiction or some other pleb ass shit

Disney is the smartest company in the world since they know how to cater to stupid people
>>
File: 1488246283128.jpg (76KB, 610x660px) Image search: [Google]
1488246283128.jpg
76KB, 610x660px
It's another "critic makes a valid criticism but the contrarians at /tv/ pull out superior mental gymnastics to tell them they're wrong"

The Justice League trailer does look horrible, it reeks of generic "big blockbuster with explosions and guns alongside a horrible excuse of a story" to the point it would make Michael Bay blush. The Homecoming trailer is poorly edited and spoilerific, but it does show that the movie has different stakes, a different take and is far more of a character drama than the ugly mishmash coming out of WB's studios.

Critical consesus across the internet is overwhelmingly negative to the JL trailer, so once again /tv/ wants to be the one corner of the internet that is willing to praise this transformers-tier 'trailer'.
>>
>>81041019
> I don't understand a fucking thing you are saying
You must be new around here, or have missed the gayest shit ever put to film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRp1CK_X_Yw
>>
>>81041015
>There was also the cancellation of the Fantastic Four comic and licensing, and the reduction of the prominence of the X-Men due to his falling out with Fox Studios in negotiation over the film rights they owned

the strategy here is that if they cancel those, Fox won't have much material to adapt and maybe hope that Fox will just cease renewing the rights.
>>
>>81039933
I hate capeshit threads, but jesus, did they just praise literally what is wrong with modern trailers? Capeshit trailers always ended up being better than the whole movies, because they always showed what was remotely interesting in the movie without being a 2 hours torture. They always made the movies even more dull.
How fucking dumb do you have to be to read news from these sites? I would really like to find this Kuchera guy and ask him what the fuck is wrong with his juvenile brain. Fuck I am triggered.
>>
>>81041024

I was obviously talking about the MCU

also, Deadpool was safe as fuck. comedy is always safe as fuck. just imagine had they not put in all those jokes and made the movie gritty. the marketing definitely wouldn't have went off the way it did

>take a violent character
>make him quippy and funny
>profit

that's the way it goes

now your argument does apply to wolverine even though I must say that him being in the whole X-Men franchise helped a bit with the numbers
>>
>>81041079
Some Disney Pedro unironically typed this and thought he would sound clever.
>>
>>81041064
>Disney is the smartest company in the world since they know how to cater to stupid people
Exactly. When I think in this absurd Disney/WB competition I use to think that WB does decent blockbusters from time to time, like Inception or Mad Max. Nothing groundbreaking but miles ahead Doctor Quips and the like. Disney is just the king of making shit movies, no one do them better
>>
>>81040933
GotG is worth mentioning for somewhat breaking from the Marvel Story Formula and being more comedic and visually creative
>>
>>81041113
>hard R
>safe
Are you retarded?
>>
>>81041024
>>81041113
It wasn't a risk either. It had an R rating meaning that it wasn't going to get a 9 digit check. Even Jackman had to take a paycut for their R rating.
>>
>>81041024
How is Deadpool not safe ?
They even made it safer than it needed to be by having a romance and a bad guy fight at the end
>>
>>81041079
>big blockbuster with explosions and superheroes alongside a horrible excuse of a story
Bravo, you just summarized every MCU ever.
>>
>>81041082
And are fans of X-men or Fantastic Four supposed to be happy about this?
>>
File: Screenshot (24).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (24).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
CGI is horrendous
>>
>reviewing trailers
>>
>>81041079
>Critical consesus across the internet is overwhelmingly negative to the JL trailer
Just how fucking delusional you are. Even in fucking Polygon are calling the cuck out on his bullshit. The reception has been massive and as positive as it gets you fucking shill
>>
>>81039933
>Needing to be spoonfed by the second trailer to feel spoiled

How did you NOT figure out Tony took the suit???
>>
>>81041123
Marvel often have interesting director choices.

I don't understand why DC keeps using Snyder.
>>
>>81041079
>its a political thriller!
>its a heist film!
>its a space opera!
>its a character drama!
>it just happens to have every marvel movie trope and formula in it
>>
>>81041113
>Safe as fuck
>Pegging scene

Pick one fanboy
>>
>>81041161
Whatever it takes to smear campaign DC, the media will do it, even if it is doing retarded shit such as "reviewing" trailers. They just want that narrative against DC set up.
>>
File: wonder woman mansplaining.jpg (141KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman mansplaining.jpg
141KB, 680x1024px
>>81040770
>>81040134
what's with this thinking that DC isn't feminist pandering?
>>
>>81041155
Fan of the comics don't matter, they don't represent a big part of the movie audience and i'm happy about this, because comic books are mostly shit
>>
>121 / 17 / 36 / 1
*exhales*
>>
>>81040830
Her husband's company (they had no movies out before) was assimilated to WB after Margot's success in SS.
>>
>>81041168
>Twitter hates it
>Facebook hates it
>Tumblr has an entire tag about how bad it is
>Multiple movie critic sites lambasting it
>Reaction videos on youtube are negative to it
But sure a handful of posters on polygon and /tv/ contrarians are definitely larger in number

You really made me think
>>
>>81041079
>Critical consesus across the internet is overwhelmingly negative to the JL trailer
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
*sips tea*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
>>
>>81040512
Jesus Christ.
>>
Why is Michael Keaton in this movie. Why is there a fat Asian friend. Where is Mary Jane. Is there going to be no romance? Why are marvel films so against relationships?
>>
>>81040526
winter soldier is better than any DCEU movie so far.
>>
>>81041194
Humour doesn't make a movie not safe.
>>
>>81041201
>Mansplanning
Color me triggered
>>
>>81040624
Nope. That doesn't explain the web wings. Crumbling wing is likely going to be part of his first encounter with Vulture. The plane crashes on the Beach. Tony gives Peter his suit back this time upgraded, because whatever takes Peter's class to DC is what the vulture would need. This leads to the Washington Monument sequence.
>>
>>81041218
>Critical consesus
>Twitter
>Facebook
>Tumblr
>>
>>81041218
>It's a MCUck wants to paint a world vs DC scenario episode
Try harder Pedro
>>
>>81041201
>not even official webcomic
>artist were fired right after that
>>
>>81041232
Pegging isn't mainstream humor
>>
>>81041079
This is your brain on brand wars. The trailer was a trending topic for hours and it was nothing but praise. It's amazing how detached from reality some people are
>>
>>81041218
>Buh-Buhlieve me DCuck, muh Mickey Mouse manager just told me we're wuh-winning
>>
>>81041232
>>81041148
>>81041151
R rated capeshit, that by default makes it less safe than any pg/pg13 ones.
>>
>>81041057

holy shit, this is actually a very good reasoning and description

MCU movies really do fade into oblivion, maybe except for the entire phase 1 thing sans Avengers
>>
File: 367.jpg (17KB, 684x674px) Image search: [Google]
367.jpg
17KB, 684x674px
>>81041218
>Reaction videos on youtube are negative to it
>>
>>81041249
>>81041250
But he is right, you know. Common auidence feels about DCEU just like about Transformers or Fast and Furious. Everyone agrees that DC is superior in all terms, but modern movies and tv shows.
>>
>>81041230
It doesn't have a single memorable scene or line of dialogue.
>>
I don't care about the trailer, but I thought Tony's bodyguard died in Iron Man 3?
>>
>>81040552
>literally
Not metaphoricaly ?
>>
File: tdkr rt.png (173KB, 736x412px) Image search: [Google]
tdkr rt.png
173KB, 736x412px
>>81040332
This excuse again?
>>
>>81041218
>>Twitter hates it
Demonstrably not true.
>>Facebook hates it
Not what I've seen
>>Tumblr has an entire tag about how bad it is
I wouldn't know
>>Multiple movie critic sites lambasting it
Maybe
>>Reaction videos on youtube are negative to it
EASILY demonstrably not true
>>
>>81041079

>calling DC generic
>refuse to call the Spidey trailer generic
>calls it poorly edited and spoilerific instead
>says it shows stakes

you wanna know how I know that you're a Marvel shill? just fuck off with your stupid copied arguments
>>
>>81041300
No they don't and if they did there wouldn't be 70%+ drop off in week two viewings
>>
>>81040332
Doc Strange and ant man was fucking shit

Its like those Disney Chanel original TV movies
>>
File: 1478565064660.png (831KB, 1280x1381px) Image search: [Google]
1478565064660.png
831KB, 1280x1381px
>/tv/ has become /v/
>With capeshit instead of consoles
Why did you let it happen?
>>
>>81041314
>Oh god, Nolan, *SSLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*
>>
>>81041305
Still more entertaining and varied than a DCEU movie.
>>
>>81041340
I warned you about the Disney shills years ago. And you weren't listening.
>>
>>81041203
The thing is that the people who watch the movies don't necessary read the comics
>>81041251
But was the writer fired? After all it was the writer who wrote that
>>
>>81041218
10/10 bait or 0/10 shill, I can't say
>>
>>81041080

ah, I know that clip

using movie stars for politics is a disgrace.

and you just know that even though they are not talking about left or right, they will be in some talkshow where they will be asked....

>right at this moment RDJ is almost crying

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FAKE ASS SHIT?!?!?
>>
>>81041331
They were competent popcorn flicks.
That alone puts it above anything DC released lately.
>>
>>81041155
If Marvel gave a fuck about fans, they wouldn't be doing half the shit that they do in comics nowadays (Hydra Cap and Whor) These comics serve as movie pitches at this point. As well as 20 page click bait [EXPLICIT OPINIONS OF ISRAEL]
>>
File: Yeah it's well loved.png (226KB, 1916x953px) Image search: [Google]
Yeah it's well loved.png
226KB, 1916x953px
>>81041219
>>81041249
>>81041250
>>81041266
>>81041269
>>81041292
>>81041323
:thinking:
>>
>>81041340
Shills ticked people into picking a side instead of just wanting to watch good movies.
>>
>>81039933
honestly its just money. bloggers are paid frequently by all studios, they just sign scary NDA's and don't want to be black listed speaking out on it.
>>
File: femthor.png (322KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
femthor.png
322KB, 612x380px
>>81041362
>But was the writer fired?
She was but don't worry, she found another job real quick
>>
>>81040798
>>because TDK came out when Marvel didn't have a 10+ movie franchise you dipshit
TDKR came out in 2012 and it was met with praise though.
>>
>>81041366

sorry, didn't watch the whole clip

>they start shitting on trump

now that is fucking pathetic. this is propaganda and manipulation by the media at its finest

trump is a literal retard but this just goes way too far. I am sure trump wouldn't have been voted if hillary wasn't painted as the saint that she was not
>>
>>81041201
>Nu52
>>
>>81041391
lol as if that couldn't be any more transparent someone had an axe to grind
>>
>>81041362
Yeah, I mean writer, not artitst.
>>
>>81041373
Look who the fuck is in charge of Marvel
>There were the stories about shouting in the office about wasting money – from leaving on light bulbs, wasting paper clips, notepad paper and coffee pots
So this guy is not the type of person who pleases fans.
>>81041391
That piece of writing only exists because of how people reacted to the FemThor reveal
>>
>>81039933
You can't really compare a 2nd trailer of a movie with the first trailer of another movie.
>>
>>81041377
>polygon
>wired
This is what marvel shills have been reduced to
>>
>>81041370
No not really they are bellow them imo

They're so cheap
>>
I'm going to watch and enjoy both of them.
>>
>>81041340
So that means
DC = Sony
Marvel = Nintendo
Fox = Microsoft
>>
>>81041447
I'm gonna watch and hate both of them
>>
>>81041447
I'm happy for you
>>
>>81041447
I'm going to watch both of them.

But I know I'm only going to enjoy one (1).
>>
>>81040731
That's not current DC, in the same way Raimi Spiderman isn't current Marvel.
>>
>>81041457
>Marvel = Nintendo

But everybody goes to see Marvel movies...
>>
>>81039933
>Make outlandish statement
>Outraged faggot takes time out of his day to share your article with others so they can get mad, and you can get more hits
Fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1483631529725.png (551KB, 744x447px) Image search: [Google]
1483631529725.png
551KB, 744x447px
>>81039933
Wth is this sarcasm?

The Spiderman trailer spoiled the fucking movie.

Justice League's trailer didnt and I guess they learned from BvS

Why are they so on the edge whenever DC does something?

>DC makes a trailer that doesnt spoil movie
OMG WHAT IS THE PLOT OF THIS MOVIE?
THEY SHOULD SEE SONY'S SPIDERMAN TRAILER

>DC does another BvS spoilery trailer
OMG THEY SPOILED THE ENTIRE MOVIE!

>DC adds abit of quips
OMG THEY'RE COPYING MARVEL NOW

Not even a capeshitter but this is getting irritating. This just shows there's really a huge bias against DC and I'm now inclined to believe about the existence of Marvel-paid pakis that keeps shilling their shit on /tv/.
>>
>>81041483
It's also the kid friendly product
>>
>>81041280
>R rated capeshit, that by default makes it less safe than any pg/pg13 ones.

Watchmen with 130 million with a R rating is risky. Deadpool with 58 million is not because it's mostly guaranteed to break even with a budget that low. To fox, it'd be great if it was a success, but if it flopped, not really that hard of a loss.
>>
>>81040120

The Justice League one was a teaser trailer though, while Spider-man was a main trailer. Main trailers always give away more of the plot than teasers.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (37KB, 404x482px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
37KB, 404x482px
>>81041314
>dc fanboys on /tv/ claim critics hated BvS because they hate serious capeshit and only want quips
>TDKR has 87% on RT
>''n-n-no it has to be MORE recent to count''
>Logan comes out and gets 92%
>>
>>81041395
TDKR wasn't met with praise, a lot of people were saying it wasn't bad, but that wasn't due to the MCU imo, but because it wasn't as good as the first two Nolan Batman
>>
>>81041218
Poor Marvel, how the mighty have fallen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnkKTN0OYdk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU7K_kCcVzc
>>
>>81041499
Deadpool and Logan are Marvel.
>>
>>81041122

cmon, disney is not the king of making shit movies. they make alright movies. nothing bad, nothing good. they don't take any risks, resulting in high profits. it's basic business which the masses don't seem to get

>>81041123

you're right but I fucking hated GotG because of all the comedy. It totally took away from the immersion and the stuff that was happening like the whole Nova Corp dying. Ant-Man was a good comedy though

>>81041135

you seem to forget that R rated comedies make far more money though. also, this was capeshit, so two variables that generate money

>>81041218

>reaction videos on youtube are negative

you are just talking straight out of your ass. this is the one time I have actually watched reaction videos and ALL of them were positive you retard

>>81041395

>TDKR
>praise

what? TDKR was the definition of mixed reception as far as I recall. they only gave it a decent score because the people who watched it liked Begins and TDK. TDK is my favourite capeshit movie but I flat out hate TDKR
>>
>>81040237

I have. Much better visuals and effects
>>
>>81041501
It wasn't a teaser though
>>
>>81040480
Because the best of the DC comic books have all had somewhat of a right wing spin on them, and many of their movies are either right wing or exuberantly pro-american.
>>
>>81041510
>>81041528
>TDKR wasn't met with praise
87% on RT folks.
>>
I hate trailers now, they how you everything thats going to happen in a movie.
>>
>>81041447

I actually don't know whether I'm going to watch Homecoming. This might be the first Marvel movie I might take a pass on because of all the fan pandering and shit. Also, I really don't like the character at all
>>
So now that DC makes better movies on top of videogames, comics, tv shows and everything else, what is going to happen to our beloved SHILLS? This is partly their fault after all
>>
>>81041495
For DCEU, it's impossible to win. Little wonder that Snyder seems to dismiss the BvS reviews because he realizes it's outside of his influence. My biggest fear has been that he'll come out and say he regrets BvS. But instead he has held strong and decided to push on with no remorse.
>>
>>81041509
>Logan comes out and gets 92%
pretty hard to fail when all you have to do is copy TLoU and add the ever popular Wolverine to it.
>>
>>81041084
something to understand about Polygon or whatever the fuck "muh nerdy culture" problematic publication is understanding they are owned by Vox media. Vox Media and Polygon have only existed for four year, and was a multi arm media company made from some of the top share holders from Universal/Comcast, and various other media and news investors.
Oh and some fund raisers for various political parties and people.

It was over a billion dollar investment. So far the company has only made a little over $150 million back in the four years since, maybe more.
Tell me why would a bunch of people invest so much money at a rate of 20 years before profitability?
Propaganda and social media narrative dominance.
4d chess shit.
>>
>>81041573
Here come the excuses that dodge the point of critics praising serious capeshit movies.
>>
>>81040526
DCs movies are worse but are real, crafted movies. MCU movies feel like products on a manufacturing line, where they are all made with the same frame, with the only difference being the paint color (characters).
>>
>>81041566
>My biggest fear has been that he'll come out and say he regrets BvS
Why would you fear that?
How would it affect you?
>>
>the salt on that article
Justice League really did BTFO Spiderman jesus christ
>>
>>81041500
Are you serious? Everyone is saying how their risk paid off. If they weren't risking then they wouldn't have made it R rated in the first place.
>>
>>81041604
These people don't realize how fucking stupid they sound
>>
>>81041604
Because BvS was geniunely great and him regretting it would mean less movies of that calibre in the future.

Luckily he didn't fall for the media bait. Oh how desperate they are for Snyder breaking down in front of them. They are sharpening their knives for the moment to come.
>>
>>81041573
>pretty hard to fail when all you have to do is copy iconic comoc story and add the ever popular Batman to it
>pretty hard to fail when all you have to do is copy Arkham's Assault and add the ever popular Joker and Harley in it
>>
>>81041555

>trusting RT

get the fuck out with that stupid website. for all we know, the scores (8/10, not your fucking 87% bullshit) could have been based on the success of TDK

hell, the newer MCU movies are definitely based on the success of the former movies. same goes with Force Awakens. It only got good scores because of the old movies
>>
>>81041566
>My biggest fear has been that he'll come out and say he regrets BvS

The Justice League trailer dropped on the anniversary of BvS's release, I think that was a bit of a "piss off" gesture to the haters.
>>
>>81041020
Normal women don't read that shit. It's shit libs and cat ladies who are either massive sluts or are kissless, problem glasses wearing virgins.
>>
>>81041305
>boat siege
>Sam L Jackson car scene
>Cap finds the hidden base by knowing military zoning protocol
>freeway fight with Bucky
>one of the SHIELD directors is a HYDRA agent
>Bucky saves Cap from drowning and leaves him on the shore
>bants and learning to spy with Romanov, which helps flesh out Rogers as well

The inclusion of Falcon was basically just roster building, and the finale on the helicarriers was pretty much standard capeshit but otherwise it was way above and beyond what a Marvel movie should be
>>
>>81041634
And they didn't, both movies made much more than logan
>>
>>81041638
>TFA has a 92% and 82./10 on RT

This will never NOT make me mad.

Also what about ScreenJunkies. They were always massive Disneyshills (especially Hal who I fucking hate). Are they still being the snobbish shills they always were?
>>
I liked Man of Steel and to this day i don't understand why people don't like it. It's a dark superhero movie but i think it has good themes and the plot is nice, good visuals, the fights are good.

However, BvS is trully shit, no one should defend that.
>>
>>81041598
Logan was also free of any spin and negative buzz because Marvel got a cut either way, ownership of the IP or not. Wake me up when MCU does something int he same vein as Logan (they wont ever)
>>
>>81041641
Yeah, in interviews and so on, he's very optimistic guy and hasn't expressed a single word of regret regarding BvS. Imagine how much that pisses of the "critics" that dedicated so much energy burying him. Imagine the look on their faces seeing a happy and good Snyder drop in and say he loves this shit and he'll continue making this shit no matter what.

They can't touch him. Which is why they hate him.
>>
>>81041621

>everyone

dude, who the fuck says that? right, only people who don't understand modern business practices at all

why do people fail to see this simple logic?

>capeshit is trending
>comedy is always trending
>R rated serious movies make less money
>put capeshit and comedy into R rated movie
>make character likable and make jokes accessible to teenagers and young adults

shit, I feel like I'm trying to make a Sony presentation here
>>
>>81041314
>posting a comedy
>>
>>81039933
>It can't just be the meme complaints like the toxic masculinity
It's exactly that
>>
Guys, the only reason the JL trailer is more popular and well received than the Spiderman trailer is because it's objectively a better trailer. Even Cyborg's CGI looked better than the CGI in Spiderman. There's nothing more to it, move on lads
>>
>>81041638
>>trusting RT
why shouldn't I trust it? why should I trust you over a review aggregator?
> the scores (8/10, not your fucking 87% bullshit) could have been based on the success of TDK
As if 8/10 wasn't positive and as if that excuse was valid, like, the previous movie being good made people like this one? I guess that's why everyone loves most shitty ass movie sequels to famous movies like Blair witch 2 right? And why weren't later DC movies magically ''based on the success'' of TDK then?

The point here is that it got praise, regardless of how you desperately try to spin it.
>>
>>81041201
>lasso makes people tell the truth but can't stop mansplaining
So, everything he was saying was true?
>>
>>81041201
Artist was fired, and DC doesn't do stupid shit like change the genders and races of all their characters. Who cares anyway, comic books are dead in terms of quality, as most of the good stories have been written and the industry is so loaded with affirmative action and (((nepotism))) that nothing good can come of it.
>>
>>81041682
But the point here is that critics do praise serious capeshit, as if Nolan's Batman didn't already do that.
>>
>>81041656
We were talking about critical and audience acceptence, but still, Logan's budget is near 100 mil. SS is near 200 and BvS is near 250. Also SS has biggest marketing company of 2016 even more loud than memepool's one. So? Actuall proft from BvS was near 100 million with all the spending on production and marketing.
>>
>>81041673

>tfw hyped for TFA
>tfw watch it and it turns out to be goofy and generic as fuck
>tfw it has no vision, especially not the one of Lucas
>tfw every scene feels generic and forced (kek) and pulled out of JJ's ass

imagine me coming out of the theater, confused as fuck because of seeing a bland star wars movie, going online and seeing everyone praising this to death

this was the movie that showed me that there is definitely no common thinking in society when it comes to movies anymore. no smart audiences, no objective critics, just fan pandering

>see Rogue One
>a bland movie again
>go online
>everybody saying it's the best star wars ever made

this is an insult to the whole fucking franchise, especially the original trilogy
>>
>>81041621
Logan was probably riskier than Deadpool, but even then it had Wolverine to rely on.

>main character is sad and dying
>fatherly figure is crazy, ill and dying
>experiment on children (i was really disturbed during the video scene)
>a lot of gory violence and not a lot of humour
>the hero dies at the end
>>
>>81041362
>>81041251
>But was the writer fired? After all it was the writer who wrote that

I thought DC was thinking of hiring her, but she said some stupid shit or did something stupid in a marvel comic that terminated it.
>>
>>81041709
And then it got 1-2 years of nonstop shitting on from everyone.

For all the problems there are w. TDKR, at least I can say it looks and feels like a cinematic experience. Marvel is a bunch of made-for-TV-level flicks with zero cinematography, no memorable sets, and no memorable music (save for the Avengers theme back in 2012).

Makes sense given most recent Marvel films have been directed by television directors like the Russos.
>>
>>81041687
Nothing you say will change the fact that they took a risk by making it R rated when they could have perfectly made it pg13.
>>
>>81041742
No, it's a conspiracy against DC movies!
BvE was a masterfully done auteur piece!
>>
>>81041709

>why should I trust you over a review aggregator?

kek, I'll fix that for you in a second

>why should I trust you over a review aggregator filled with paid critics?

you are definitely the dumbest person in this thread
>>
>>81041769
It's interesting. Seems like every professional in showbiz likes Snyder, yet the only people who seem to disagree or numale bloggers. Why is that?
>>
>>81041759
>And then it got 1-2 years of nonstop shitting on from everyone.
where?

How desperate are you going to get to change the fact that TDKR has 87% on RT?
>>81041771
So DC pays reviewers is what you're saying?
>>
>>81040573
literally thats what they do. the blow half or more of their budget on their big named actors, some of who will only be on the movie for less than 5 minutes, and then skimp on everything else. Disney knows that anything they shovel out will make a profit, and thats why they makes movies like Civil War
>>
File: KhwWuzz.png (20KB, 979x731px) Image search: [Google]
KhwWuzz.png
20KB, 979x731px
>>81041762
>MUH RISKY
>>
I wonder if these threads are made solely by /v/edditors. Seriously, if you go to /v/ it's the same thread, just change Marvel/DC with Sony/Nintendo.
I honestly wish that Hiroshima would make that /film/ board already that permabanned anyone that posted about capeshit.
>>
>>81041377
>cuck nu male bloggers
The people loved the trailer. Retarded liberals don't represent anyone (remember the elections?)
>>
>>81041789
Yes who could forgot all his critically-acclaimed masterworks like Sucker Punch.
>>
>>81041762

I actually wouldn't even take it that far. usually, I would tell you that you're right but regarding deadpool, I would say that the R rating brought some sort of forbidden fruit factor to it

also, here in germany it was rated 16 so a lot of "kids" could actually see it here
>>
I don't give a fuck about capeshit but if polygon hates DC, I'm DChad all the way. The trailer was rad too
>>
>>81040091
>>81040134
If this is true then actual DC fans would hate the Aquman race bend, WonderJew and Fem Asiatic flash

At least cyborg is black right from the getgo
>>
>>81041721
>and DC doesn't do stupid shit like change the genders and races of all their characters
Nigga you don't even know about black Green Lantern?
>>
How come DC has managed to create everything Marlel intended without asking for credit? They are the more racially diverse franchise ever, loved as such by minorities. They already have one movie with a female lead and soon there will another one, and that movie was loved by women too and it has become a cultural event among them. They made a lot of money without selling out to the chinks and they have a full gallery of 11/10 qts and husbandos. Also they are killing it in the comic and videogame market

Literally /ourguys/ god damn it
>>
File: 1487103682560.jpg (69KB, 640x527px) Image search: [Google]
1487103682560.jpg
69KB, 640x527px
>numale cuckwievers can't handle DC being so popular
Shocker!
>>
>>81041790

>every DC movie is getting shit on except for the Dark Knight trilogy
>every bad MCU and Disney movie is getting fantastic reviews

you are fucking retarded dude

it is common practice for disney to invite youtubers and critics to meet stars, stay in hotels and all of that shit. you do realise that "paid criticism" doesn't equal "I give you money, you give me a good review", right?

I bet you never heard of the term guanxi before, you stupid fuck
>>
>>81041789
> Seems like every professional in showbiz likes Snyder, yet the only people who seem to disagree or numale bloggers
Holy hell the amount of delusion dc fanboys tell themselves.
>>
>>81041762
Deadpool is the embodiment of a teenager movie.

It's aimed toward 12 to 25 years old

It has sex, violence and swearing in it.
Hell, in my country it was only "not recommended for kid younger than 12"
>>
>>81041526
The comics, yeah. The movies are Fox though.
>>
>>81041838

actually a good point

I really see few people complain about the racebending of the JL characters

meanwhile, every "marvel fan" is complaining about literally every change made in the MCU universe. hell, just look at iron fist as the most recent example. motherfucker was even white in the comics and they tore him apart. the hand that keeps on giving....
>>
>>81041746
I think a lot of it has to do with the bandwagon jumping on the prequel hate a lot of these critics and sites have done for the past decade.

Yes, the prequels were shitty films but I do give Lucas credit for trying to think outside the box a bit.

TFA was Disney/JJ Abram's answer to the fans complaining about the prequels. That's why the literal first line of the movie is 'this will begin to make things right,' and TFA does tackle most of the things these 'critics' and 'fanboys' complained about (muh practical effects, etc.)

The problem is the rest of the film is shit. It's not even that its unoriginal and a blatant rehash (which it is undoubtedly), but that it's actually a shitty film with fucking awful dialogue, FORGETTABLE John Williams music (even the prequels had memorable scores -- what's this film's excuse?), and shitty editing. How this movie got nominated for a Best Film Editing Oscar disgusts me to no end -- it might be the worst aspect of the film and it got a nom. What the fuck.
>>
>>81041933

(cont.. from >>81041933)

In other words -- do you think these critics who spent years devoted to saying 'THIS is why the prequels suck, THIS is how you can make a better Star Wars film, I know better than Lucas' and were praising the heavens that Disney took the controls were going to admit that despite their concerns being addressed the film still sucked?

That maybe, just maybe, they aren't the 'experts' on what makes a good movie they, in their arrogance, thought they were? Also I do firmly believe while Disney may not outright pay off most critics, they certainly take advantage of free screenings and merchandise. After all, considering most modern 'film critics' are Star Wars geeks and Marvel/comic book geeks its easy to nudge them in the right direction. Also I think with how 'big' geek culture is a lot of these critics jump onto the bandwagon to get more clicks.

After all, film critics who pander to the Star Wars fanbase w. speculation videos and talking about nostalgia will get more clicks than someone who talks about Michelangelo Antonioni or Ingmar Bergman films.
>>
>DC is more culturally relevant after three movies than Marvel after 14
>aquaman is more popular after a trailer than thor after three movies
Why can't Marvel stop being generic lads?
>>
>>81041894
This sounds like its probably 100% true.

Do you really think Disney wouldn't pass up on giving free merch and screening to people on Yt like Stuckmann, Screenjunkies, Jahns and Schmoes? People who are massive comic book and Star Wars geeks and also "film critics" who can help tip the RT scale in your favor?
>>
>>81041933
The prequels were soulless garbage that tried to pander to every demographic and combines shit for infants and brutal murder in an awful mishmash.
>>
>>81041894
So you're saying that Disney paid critics to shit on DC even though TDKR came out in 2012? You're just gonna ignore that and make excuses for it as to why it doesn't count?

And how come they didn't pay critics to praise Iron Fist?

I'm not saying companies are innocent but your logic doesn't add up.
>>
>>81041826
Every director is allowed to have blemish in their catalog, anon.

>>81041899
What does it feel like the directors of your marvel flicks seem to sing high praises of him?
>>
>>81041573
>copy TLoU

Yeah totally Logan copied a game that stole its central relation ship from two unknown character in a x-men comics called Wolverine and Rogue or Wolverine and Jubilee or Wolverine and X23 nearly a fucking decade before. I totally copied its story from a game that stole its story from a comic called Old man logan or Days of future past or Walking dead.

Sony fans got to be like 12 if they think anything sony makes is "original" all they do is rip off other and get their fans to blindly follow.
>>
>>81039933
Marlet can't get good reviews without shoving some $$$ up critic's ass. If you wanna see true score if every MCU movie, just look at tomatometer of iron fist(which is better than avengers any time)
>>
>>81041874
Hal Jordan isn't the only green lantern ya dope
>>
File: thor ragnaquips.jpg (41KB, 744x496px) Image search: [Google]
thor ragnaquips.jpg
41KB, 744x496px
>>81041958
P-PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO US GIRLS, YOU CAN ALSO DRESS AS MARVEL CHARACTER FOR HALLOWEEN OK??
>>
>>81041673

TFA made me realize I wasn't really a Star Wars fan. Just someone who liked certain aspects and ideas of Star Wars.
>>
>>81041894
I know for a fact this is true. Also free merchandising up of their asses
>>
>>81041789
where were those ''professional'' fellas during MoS and BvS reviews?
>>
>>81041994
If it's so easy to make your garbage have good reviews, why isn't WB doing it? They have money.
>>
>>81042003
So? The human green lantern role was passed from Hal to John.
>>
File: val zod.jpg (94KB, 598x590px) Image search: [Google]
val zod.jpg
94KB, 598x590px
>>81041721
>>
>>81042043
Not him, and while WB might be doing it on a smaller scale -- Disney not only has enough money and power, but enough of the public who will always support them no matter what they do, that they can get away with this shady shit.
>>
>>81042062
No John also got a ring, so did that fucker with the bowl cut and the weeb.

Also things that have gotten a rings:
A cat
A planet
A squirrel
A ghost
The Flash
batman
Scarecrow
Me that one time I got drunk and started yelling at Carrot top
>>
didn't people complain about Black widow looking like a slut in the movies?
>>
>>81041721
Just look at aqua man he's race bended
>>
>>81042062
I really don't see your point. A black green lantern wasn't a racebend because it was an entirely new character. "Green lantern" isn't a character, it's a title, he's part of a corp.
>>
>>81042033
The pros are small compared to the ignorant masses, anon. It's like we've said. People are afraid of what they don't understand.
>>
>20,000,000 views
>350,000 likes
>already BTFOing everything released for the Marvel roster this year
>nothing but praise on social media
>Disney propaganda machine already in panic
wew lad
>>
>>81042143
>ck green lantern wasn't a racebend because it was an entirely new character
You mean like it has been everytime? Even whor isn't actually Thor himself. That's what people are complaining about.
>>
>>81042123
Is there a way to make ScarJo not look like a slut?
>>
>>81042158
Justice League will usher in a new age of humanity
Disney, with all there billions, can't stop progress. They can't stop people from waking up

And eventually, the mouse too will join us in the sun
>>
>>81042145
Pfft, this is fucking hilarious. So the numale bloggers liked TDK and TDKR hence their high scores is what you're saying?
>>
>>81042087
Have you ever seen him advertised in the same way as Hydra cap or Whor?
>>
>>81041748
Not to mention nobody gets a truly defined happy ending, the two series mainstays from the very first film in the series are killed, the hero doesn't achieve his goal

The whole movie was bleak as fuck. Would have loved for X-23 to cross the border to find Magneto as that final slap in the face for the whole franchise
>>
>>81042158
It's 23 million views on Facebook and 20 on YouTube, not counting the other accounts that uploaded it. Impressive.
>>
>>81042195
nah, most likely those same bloggers shat on those films too.
>>
>>81042196
Now the point is about how they're advertised?
>>
>>81042158
>20,000,000 views
>350,000 likes
>20,000 dislikes

Memepool 2
>30,000,000 views
>500,000 likes
>17,000 dislikes

dude...
>>
>>81042216
But those movies have a high score like I said, dude, your logic doesn't make sense.
>>
>>81042158
SHILLS FOREVER BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
File: star wars review.jpg (65KB, 789x341px) Image search: [Google]
star wars review.jpg
65KB, 789x341px
>>81041673
>>81041746
Fucking this. But at least Rogue One respected the franchise and George's vision.
I never relied on ratings or scores before but after seeing I was 100% sure that "critics" today have no idea what they're talking about.
>>
>>81042246
>George's vision
Midichlorians?
>>
>>81042246
Rogue One was a piece of shit.
George's vision of Star Wars is retarded.

kys fanboy
>>
>>81042266
here's your reply
>>
>>81042165
I don't know man, I think people complained about female thor because she doesn't exist in Norse mythology, so it was just a literal genderbend for no reason. Black green lantern is just another member of the gl corps so it seemed less like pandering.
>>
>>81042220
Not really, because Black Supes never really replaced white Clark as Marvel seems to tried to do that with Ironman, Thor, and Caps. I guess the goal post is rather now if DC even gave much of a shit after awhile when it didn't turn up any new readers.
>>
>>81042281
>>
>>81039933 (OP)

Gee, I wonder who can be behind these articles
>>
>>81042158
whats the numbers for Spiderman in comparison?
>>
>>81042310
We should ban people with an IQ under 18 too.
>>
>>81042281
you must be one of those who watches your friend simulator videos and takes every word they say as law.
>>
File: merchant mouse posting.png (25KB, 270x284px) Image search: [Google]
merchant mouse posting.png
25KB, 270x284px
>>81039933
>>81042330
Forgot pic
>>
>10 Reasons Why Spoiling A Movie On The Trailer Is A Good Thing As Long Is Marvel Who Does IT
>you won't believe the 4!
>>
>>81042340
That goes for you, anon.
>>
>>81042158
Also released on BvS first year anniversary to pay tribute to it.
>>
>>81042288
>>81042298
It's still a ''racebend'' as far as every other racebend is concerned, because the character role of ''green lantern'', the human one we see in the justice league, was John for a while. Different characters having the name of a superhero is a decades old tradition and has been done a shitton of times, it's nothing special. There's like 300 Superman copycats like Prime and Earth-2 Superman.

They are what they are, temporary replacements, also I think cap could lift the mjolnir so even he could be the next ''thor'', Thor's still around too afaik, just with the name Odinson.
>>
>>81042401
based
>>
>>81042349
you must be one of those who jerks off with a light sabre replica in his butt and takes every word rich jews say as law
>>
>>81042451
Sounds like a description of TFA cucks 2bh.
>>
>>81041501
JL had a teaser a few months ago, the new video is literally titled Official TRAILER 1
>>
>>81040577
what did marvel pay for their washout look?
>>
>>81042486
They're both shitty nostalgia bait, so why make a distinction?
>>
>>81042298
the point was claiming that DC never changed their characters race or sex, they do, regardless of whether or not they're part of the main canon forever, like black Flash, not talking about the skeleton guy mind you.

plus, racebending isn't the only thing DC's done for the sake of pandering, remember the not-ferguson Superman issue?
>>
File: The Kinomaker.jpg (129KB, 275x400px) Image search: [Google]
The Kinomaker.jpg
129KB, 275x400px
>>81042401
>media thinks Snyder is going to do a 180 and bend to their wills like the bitch MCU directors
>does this instead
Will they ever tame him?
>>
THE AGE OF NUMALE KEKS IS OVER

MOUSEKIKES AND THEIR MINIONS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>81042552
But the media did make DC reshoot shit and twist SS into the abomination it became for the theatrical release, to the point where Jared Leto pubicly insulted DC for the butchering.
>>
>>81039933
This is on the author's profile

http://www.polygon.com/users/Ben%20Kuchera
>Ethics Disclosure:
I back the following writers or content creators on Patreon: Daphny Drucilla Delight David, Mattie Brice, Zoe Quinn, Erika Moen, Cara Ellison, Critical Distance, Indie Haven, Jenn Frank
>>
>>81041604
>>81041625
They don't realize they sound more shill-like than the supposed /tv/ disney drones they keep pointing their fingers at.
>>
>>81042604
>supposed disney drones
>supposed
>>
>>81042612
Why are all marvel shills such cucks?
>>
>>81042246
Jesus Christ.
Duralde's a fucking idiot.
>>
>>81042612
>likes Zoe Quinn
>hates Snyder
Feel the pottery
>>
>>81041981
Honestly most of that sounds like TFA as well man.
Fucking focus group film if there ever was one.
>>
>>81042710
The difference is that TFA did it with more competence.
>>
>>81042514
one isn't a blatant plagiarism.
>>
File: 1456117524225.jpg (71KB, 499x756px) Image search: [Google]
1456117524225.jpg
71KB, 499x756px
>one year after its release and despite all its flaws BvS is still a controversial topic of discussion
>MCU movies are forgotten one month after their release and post credit scenes are needed to make the audience hyped because the movie itself could not
pottery
oyy vey goyims don't forget to look forward our next MCU solo movie #17
>>
>>81042552
>media thinks Snyder is going to do a 180 and bend to their wills like the bitch MCU directors
>JL is a literally dark-filtered Avengers quipfest
Well, he did. He is not a bitch of the media, but his wife.
>>
>>81041457
DC = japanese industry
Marvel = american industry
Fox = european industry
>>
>>81040152
>RDJ wants to stop doing the complicated suit up scenes from Iron Man 1 and 2
>"K that's fine, just show up on set in a suit or something, we'll fix it in post"
>>
>>81041986

I see where your confusion is coming from so I'll try to explain it as good as I can

TDKR praise was due to TDK so the year doesn't really count. TDKR reviews are unjustified in every aspect

what we are talking about here is a NEW franchise which didn't have any movie before it to refer to

>And how come they didn't pay critics to praise Iron Fist?

you seem to forget that somewhere down the line, whitewashing became an actual argument even when there hasn't been any whitewashing whatsoever

racism is a bandwagon many people nowadays like to ride on so in my eyes, Marvel was unlucky enough to not see that shit coming beforehand.

what do you think why marvel always plays it safe? because of bullshit like that. when Disney decides to take a risk in ANY aspect whatsoever, they instantly get shit on.

Now compare that to a franchise that didn't play it safe at all in the first two movies. Two movies which were not the "regular" experience that movies nowadays usually offer. Those movies instantly got shit on for being "too symbolic" and complicated (people literally didn't understand why the things that did happen to superman happened)

now fast forward to suicide squad. WB decides to appeal to the masses for once and what do they get? shitty reviews by the same "paid" reviewers as before because Marvel already put the seeds in them

BUT they also get huge box office numbers due to the masses buying in on the pleb shit

it's not really hard to understand when you know how media works
>>
>>81040573
RDJ really does get paid a lot

eg: Civil War is technically Captain America 3, Evans is the protagonist

yet evans got paid only 50k and RDJ got paid 50m
>>
>>81042026

of course it's true. why should I not give someone free stuff if I know that this form of marketing will bring me exposure I can't get through my own effort?

>>81042281

>George's vision of Star Wars is retarded.

I actually liked his vision. The OT was great and he tried to do something different for the prequels for a different kind of audience

I am probably the only one here but the shakespearean drama and politics, I actually liked that combined with the jedi stuff. it's definitely not for everyone but flat out calling it bad would be a shame since the movies have a lot more to offer than Jar Jar and "INFINITE POWAH"
>>
>>81042740
Eh... kind of, but its still a shitty film for different reasons.

- poorly edited (how it got an Oscar nomination for it I'll never know)
- poorly written
- Zero originality, if not outright rehash
- shitty characters
- blatant fan-pandering
- Ma-Ray Sue
- forgettable John Williams score (the biggest sin of all)
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHA.png (659KB, 1055x808px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAHA.png
659KB, 1055x808px
>>81042740
>TFA did it with more competence
>>
>>81043448
Are you seriously saying the prequels were more competent?
>>
>>81043524
Yes. I don't see people complaining about the Prequels pandering to every demographic that much, at least compared to TFA. People are still complaining about Rey, Finn and Hux to this day.
>>
>>81043684
>People
it's pretty much just /tv/
and that started before the movie was even released
>>
>>81043524
Not him, but TFA had the same gripes that the prequels got shit on relentlessly, but only the prequels got flack for it. Red Cuck Media bitches about Anakin being Sasuke Emo, but thinks Kylo Ren throwing Mall Goth Kid temper tantrums was absolute Kino.
>>
>>81043784
The difference is that Anakin was the protag of the movie.
>>
>>81043875
and Kylo was the main antagonist who made most of main Disney villain's henchmen seem more competent. When the stormtroopers who always miss seem more menacing than your vader clone, you have a problem. And spare me the "he's still a newbie" shit.
>>
>>81043950
What's wrong with an incompetent villain?
>>
>>81043999
Because they're not threatening.
And its not like any other villains in TFA are intimidating enough to make up for it. Snoke is a fucking generic CGI turd and Domhall Gleeson's character is almost as hilariously over the top.

It minimizes the stakes as we get what's basically a Marvel movie in Star Wars wrapping paper (and wouldn't you know both are owned by Disney).
>>
>>81044169
The threat was clearly there with the First Order.
You don't need a Vader clone for it.
>>
>>81044204
No but the lack of an intimidating villain really knocked down the threat of the First Order -- which came across as just a bland rehash of the Empire from the first few films.

The fucking millennial/Marvelesque/Disney humor didn't help either.
>>
>>81044296
It was more intimidating than those Trade Federation retards and their army of useless robots at least.
>>
>>81044204
Vader was just glorified enforcer who choked people that clearly out ranked him for saying the wrong thing. Even the Storm Troopers just barely take Kylo seriously, but just enough to leave the baby alone as he throws baby tantrums that Hot Topic doesn't have his brand of eye. And here everyone bitch about Jesse Luthor.
>>
>>81044428
The Trade Federation were just business men who traded with both sides. Battle droids weren't designed to be threatening but designed to overwhelm. I think you missed the point.
>>
>>81044499
So where was the threat in TPM?
Darth "no lines" Maul?
>>
>>81044540
Pretty much. He wasn't exactly better but at least more threatening.
>>
>>81044540
Darth Maul wasn't a great villain, but he was 100x more threatening than anything that came out of TFA.

Also having no lines doesn't mean shitty villain, just like having a ton of dialogue doesn't equal a good one.
Ultron, for instance, had a shit-ton of dialogue and he was a bad villain who couldn't be taken seriously because of it.
>>
>>81044540
>wielded what doubled edged saber
>went toe-toe against fully trained master and with complete training.
>not threatening

What, you needed him quip and raise a smug eye brow? Mouse niggers I swear to god...
>>
>>81044577
>>81044629
If that's enough to make a great villain.
Then why not count that CGI tentacle thing in TFA?
That was may more threatening on the same superficial level.

>>81044585
He had absolutely no character whatsoever.
That makes him a piss poor villain.
>>
>>81044666
Maul atleast killed somebody. The CGI monster was just there to pay homage to the dumpster scene in ANH
>>
>>81044704
And Maul was just there because it's Star Wars and we need badass Sith with red light sabres.
And I'd be hard pressed to find a death I cared less about than Qui-Gon's.
>>
>>81044666
>That was may more threatening on the same superficial level.
Because the design and the CGI was straight up bad and laughable.
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.