[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Batman V Superman simply too deep for modern audiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg (124KB, 257x380px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg
124KB, 257x380px
Was Batman V Superman simply too deep for modern audiences to understand?
>>
werd, I liked it, too bad they couldnt into kino
>>
File: bvs deepest lore.png (862KB, 1916x796px) Image search: [Google]
bvs deepest lore.png
862KB, 1916x796px
>>81026148
/tv/ is full of posters who are that critical combination of stupid, but with a massive superiority complex

While most people who watched BvS grew weary of Snyder beating us over the head with his on-the-nose symbolism (literally, in the case with Doomsday and the monument), BvS fans convince themselves that they were the only ones who "got it". This creates cognitive dissonance. Discussing the movie becomes a way of asserting their own intelligence, with increasingly absurd connections and interpretations being drawn out in essay-length posts of gibberish.

Most people were put off by Goyer's terrible dialogue, the messy plot, the dour characters, the shoehorned DCEU shilling and the tonal and editing issues. But to a BvS fan, the only reason somebody wouldn't enjoy the movie is if they didn't understand it.
>>
>>81026148
Yeah, I didn't like it at first.
But I participated with others in BvS threads, learned new details, viewed the movie again, and understood the movie more.
After more discussion and more viewings of the movie, I really got into it.
It took /tv/ to show me the right path.
>>
>>81026148
No, it was very poorly paced and structured, the cast is either boring and uninteresting or just plain stupid, the story isn't well written at all, and all the so called deep themes and symbolism people post about all the time here are just poorly realized in the film itself. I watched two versions of that movie 4 times and I've read a dozen shitty posts and articles on it and it doesn't change the fact that it sucked.
>>
>>81026232
Marveldrone
>>
It's not even a pleb filter, it's more of a pleb barrier. Not even the average movie goer could even understand what was a simple movie. This flick wasn't any different from any other capeshit. They still ask dumb questions
>why did Martha stop batman
>what was lex's plan
>why is batman killing

The audience couldn't even pick up on the most hamfisted symbolism seen in a superhero movie. The movie really isn't "deep" or "smart". It was an average capeshit flick that not even the GA could understand
>>
>>81026148
No, people just have a hard on for hating on snyder
>>
>>81026148
>Was Batman V Superman simply too deep for modern audiences to understand?

no, why would you go for such a concept?

"let's have two heros go at each other for grins and money"

what a bunch of fuckheads
>>
>>81026148
I honestly think it was pretentious. And I do not even like to call movies that. But it was in the same way that Cloud Atlas was pretentious.
It tries too hard to show you some deeper meaning. BvS does try to use symbolism, but its never subtle, it always looks like its been shoved in your face.
>>
>>81026148
yes
>>
>>81026232
Never seen anybody put it that way before but that pretty much sums it up
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.