[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good to know that all it takes to make Batman let up is to say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 29

File: martha.jpg (15KB, 640x309px) Image search: [Google]
martha.jpg
15KB, 640x309px
That really raises the stakes for the next movie.
B R A V O S N Y D E R
R
A
V
O

S
N
Y
D
E
R
>>
File: 1460766176861.jpg (17KB, 216x209px) Image search: [Google]
1460766176861.jpg
17KB, 216x209px
>why did you say that name?!?!?
>>
It was a sign you autist. How would you react if a fucking murderous all powerful alien said the name of your mom when you're about to kill it?.

Fucking marvel autist.
>>
>>81020183
>if you don't like this film, then you must love all of these films
You're the autist, sweetie.
>>
>>81020096
memes aside there are actually people with the emotional depth of a wet dog that didn't understand this scene.
>>
>>81020183
kek look at him angrily defending his shit movie
>>
File: 1471481870799.jpg (127KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
1471481870799.jpg
127KB, 700x466px
>the entire movie batman is picturing him as an alien with no human qualities other than his looks
>the entire movie batman goes around with this in his head, along with the devastation this alien has caused
>as he stands over the alien with his spear held to deliver the final blow this alien, instead of begging for its life, begs for his soon to be killer to save the life of his adoptive mother
>batman is given pause because maybe, just maybe, this alien isn't as alien as he believed
It's pretty simple
>>
>>81020183
>>81020248
>>81020858
>pretending the problem is people not understanding the scene rather than it being terribly written
>>
File: IMG_7807.jpg (43KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7807.jpg
43KB, 1024x672px
What a great scene completely rendered moot by the fact that the director didn't even know that he had already set up Bruce's reaction.

What was the point of the Prologue/Mr. and Mrs. Wayne's death?

What was the point of Bruce reflecting on his parents the entire movie?

All Superman had to do was say "Mother" or eek out any kind of mention of his mother. Bruce's reaction stems from realizing Superman isn't some malevolent alien come to start a war, he's just a kid who is about to lose his mother. By the time of their fight Batman is looking for any excuse to NOT kill him, and "Martha" was by far the stupidest and nonsensical one.

Fucking hell Snyder, I want to like your movies but what the fuck.
>>
File: patrick.gif (836KB, 286x204px) Image search: [Google]
patrick.gif
836KB, 286x204px
>>81020858
Batman's main argument was that when the stakes are that high, not even a small chance of something going wrong is acceptable. Whether Superman is considered human or not is not even relevant, especially since Batman goes around killing humans the entire movie.
>>
File: 1452382185534.png (58KB, 256x312px) Image search: [Google]
1452382185534.png
58KB, 256x312px
>tfw Darkseid wins because one of the motherboxes is named Martha
>>
File: surprised .png (543KB, 543x515px) Image search: [Google]
surprised .png
543KB, 543x515px
>Marvelettes still salty over the failure of the Spiderman trailer

so sad.
>>
File: bOqco5dnG-g.jpg (47KB, 564x559px) Image search: [Google]
bOqco5dnG-g.jpg
47KB, 564x559px
>>81020858
>20 years of fighting crime
>faced quite possibly literally hundreds if not thousands of criminals, who are very fucking good at playing the pathetic/mercy card
>probably tens if not hundreds of them already cried, begged and brought up ''m-muh m-mommy nobody will care about her if I'm locked up ;_;'', wives and kids etc
>yet when literally same street self-righteous scum, except with powers of Hancock at least does the same, it works

hmmm and batman is supposed to be at human peak mental state? top detective? 20 years of experience as Batman? really? for that shit snyder's own mother deserves to die Isis-execution-style death while snyder watches in VR 4K Ultra HD, and then he should follow.
>>
File: 3yzuljrr0kjy.jpg (149KB, 1000x239px) Image search: [Google]
3yzuljrr0kjy.jpg
149KB, 1000x239px
>>
>>81021064
>"S-Save muh mommy"
>"No one cares about your alien whore mother"
vs
>"S-Save M-Martha Kent"
>"Wait who?"

come on man
>>
>>81021064
The point of the scene wasn't Batman seeing the humanity in Superman and having to spare him. He already mentioned being weathered down by people themselves getting corrupted.

The line Superman specifically said was, "You're letting him kill Martha."

That exact sentence forces him to remember the guilt he felt in the moment that his parents died and the years following. "Martha" was not just his mother's name, it was also his father's last word.

He actually thinks Superman is taunting him for a moment. And when he learns that he was referring to his own mother, he doesn't just see Superman as another human, he sees his father in him. And when he takes a look at himself, he realizes that by becoming this aggressor, this hunter, he's now Joe Chill.
>>
>>81024468
Real emotions here, ironic manlets feeding on quips can't understand, bravo anon.
>>
>>81020096
>He still doesn't get that Superman knew everything about Bruce and the only way to stop him from trying to kill him was the exact approach he took

Don't worry kid - you'll get it someday
>>
>>81020096
Eh, Bats was looking for any excuse not to kill him. It's why he was sabotaging himself from the start.
>>
>>81024468
So the whole point and plot development of the movie rests in the fact that these two women happen to have same the name by absolute coincidence
>>
>>81026790
See >>81026311.

If he hadn't said it, he was damn likely to hear it anyway. Bruce is fucked up. Hell, for all we know, Supes didn't even actually say it.
>>
>>81026990
there's a shot of him waking up and reaching for a nightstand full of booze and pills

literally, the movie has a bunch of detail that elucidates the world and character that isn't referenced at all in dialogue
>>
>>81026990
Then, Bruce in his delusion hears Superman saying the name of his mother which is also coincidentally the name of Clark's mother?
>>
>>81026990
brah what the fuck are you saying, this goes completely against lois' intervention and the aftermath of the scene
>>81027407
batman has always been weird about his parents, i think morrison has been the only one to actually do something with it other than simply addressing it
>>
>>81027518
That's not the shit part. The thing is that any situation, real or delusional, that is based on the coincidence that their two mothers are called the same so the story can continue is incredibly unlikely and forced.
>>
>>81020096
Batman had forgotten the reason why he had become Batman in the first place. Calling out his mother's name reminded him of the pointlessness of their deaths, and how he was leading to more pointless deaths if he continued down this path.

It's called an epiphany
>>
>>81021040
How could it have been better written?
>>
>>81027518
>brah what the fuck are you saying, this goes completely against lois' intervention and the aftermath of the scene

Lois wasn't there yet to hear what Clark said. The fact that Bruce is screaming their moms' shared name like a lunatic and Lois recognizes it doesn't even matter. Her presence alone stops Bruce. He's not murdering a defenseless man in front of anybody, let alone a reporter he probably recognizes.

The die was already cast the minute he chose to forge a spear.
>>
>>81026990
>>81027287

it's amazing people don't understand this. they keep expecting him to be Bale's straight edge grape juice level headed batman
>>
>>81027724
life is full of coincidences, and the point of that scene isn't that their mothers happen to have the same name,

for this contention against the movie to be accurate, it would have had to play out as batman literally stepping off of him immediately after he said martha and changed into a calm interrogative tone

but that's not what happens, 'martha' hits, he loses it, then lois comes in and the whole situation turns into a reversal of the night his parents died
>>
>>81024265
>>81024468
Don't forget when Lois "Instant Transmission" Lane senses Superman's power level and teleports to Wayne Manor to explain everything, an ability previously witnessed in an emotionally climactic scene in Man of Steel.
>>
>>81028403
It is full of coincidences but that doesn´t mean that in the development of a fiction story you can use a pretty big one to solve a plot.
Is the same principle of a deus ex machina.
>>
>>81028345
this doesn't work because the parts of the movie in no way move around the flubbing of auditory signals either before or after
yes, the spear and bruce's relation to it is important to consider, but straight up implying that clark didn't even lead anywhere
>>
>>81020096
>a year later
>the plebs are still mad that kino is too complex for them

kek
>>
>>81028552
then lois is the device here, not martha, as martha itself only causes bruce to get triggered (surprised it hasn't become a meme)
that's why this constant focus on martha is wrong, because it frames that one word as on its own doing things in the movie that it very clearly doesn't
>>
>>81020096
ITT: MCUcks try to compensate for their shitty franchise by bashing another.
>>
>>81028552
That's not really what solved it, though.

Bruce in vigilante mode can kill in self-defense, but only at a distance, by happenstance. He can't bring himself to kill anyone face to face. He can't justify it to himself. Even when it comes down to KGBeast, he can't even shoot *him* directly.

It's all about finding ways to rationalize away any deaths as not really being his fault. Self-defense? Sure. Combat? "It was him or me." But someone he's got the drop on? Not a chance in hell.
>>
Ok, I haven't read a single post ITT cuase its probably just full of marbelshills and autisim, but this is what I've got after watching it about 2hrs ago.
the film opens with the Waynes deaths, the absolute last thing Thomas Wayne says is
>Martha
Bruce heard this and he's the only one who did, Joe had already run off. So this event is seared into the Bats memory he relives it constantly, so when he's about to kill supes, supes says
>Martha
the bat reacts angrily, I saw it as less 'why are you saying my moms name and more like this is going through the bats head in that moment
>are you trying to give me shit?
>how do you even know about that?
>do you mock me
>seriously i'm about to curbstomp your ass wtf?
Lois comes in and throws herself over supes
>its his mom
The Bat
>oh umm this is kinda fucked up
>might, maybe be going to far here
as for supes
>i'm about to die moms in danger, I need to get though to this rage machine that someone needs help, wat do?
>scream out her name hope bruce picks up on it even if he kills me, maybe just maybe theirs a chance, he'll save her
anyway that's what I saw, didn't seem nearly as dumb as memers have been making out
>>
>>81029285
Yeah, man. I get where you're coming from.

As for me, I'm not totally convinced that's even what Clark said and is just what Bruce wanted to hear. "My mother." "Martha." Close enough for a guy as psychologically fucked as Bruce was at that point.
>>
>>81020096
Good thing Affleck is leaving the sinking ship.

No one but Cuck Snyder is willing to direct these garbage movies.
>>
>>81028967
he kills like five people trying to save martha though
>>
>>81028842
The directing of the scene focused a lot more on martha than in lois
>>
Why the FUCK is batman killing anyone anyway? His entire creed is that he doesn't kill people.

Fucking movies ruining personalities of beloved characters
>>
>>81029436
>As for me, I'm not totally convinced that's even what Clark said and is just what Bruce wanted to hear. "My mother." "Martha." Close enough for a guy as psychologically fucked as Bruce was at that point.
the movie sets no precedent for this, and the scene continues on as if clark had indeed said martha

you're wrong bro
>>
>>81022147
What? Elaborate
>>
I like how the shills are starting to admit that batman does, in fact, kill people, but its okay and totally deep because hes not close to them.
>>
>>81028967
In that case, the whole Martha stuff was completely unneccessary but they still made it a big deal.
>>
>>81029436
>I'm not totally convinced that's even what Clark said
Meh I think he did, still works fine is what i'm saying
>>
>>81029756
what matters here is the relationship between elements of the scene

for martha to be a self contained device there'd have to be nothing else but the word, and only the word martha pulling the weight here

that is not the case
>>
>>81024468

Batman shouldnt have to choose to fucking spare him. The entire point of the fight that they built this fucking movie around is meant to be Batman warning Superman I AM THE 1 MAN ON EARTH WHO CAN FUCKING KILL YOU IF YOU GO TOO FAR. But nope Snyder couldnt keep it at that he had to literally go and make the fight IM GONNA MURDER YOU SUPERMAN.
>>
>>81030069
that was the point of Dark Knight Returns, not the point of BvS
>>
>>81030127
>implying bvs had a point
>>
Where were all of these apologist faggots when these movies came out, is the question. I'm starting to think that WB does indeed have a discord for shilling the board.
>>
>>81030013
They made a flashback to emphasize the single word. It very clearly is the device.
>>
>>81029783
>His entire creed is that he doesn't kill people.
no its fucking not, I can't believe this has become something that's entered public consciousness as the 'defining' aspect of The Bat, I'd blame Nolan but really you only have yourselves to blame for thinking this
>>
>>81030161
desperately just wanted DKR on the big screen eh? just read the fucking comic or watch the cartoon, we got something new and it was great
>>
I think that all the true comic book fans will enjoy this film. Zack snyder has proven himself quite adept, time and time again, and putting out exciting movies. This is just another example as to how Warner Brothers is beating Marvel in every c1) Many forum administrators will allow you to add a signature to all your posts. The more you participate, the more your assignment will be displayed throughout the forum pages.

2) Some forums are indexed by the search engines so if your site is foudn by the search engine spiders then it may help your rank in some of the search engines.

Try to participate in the user forums that relate to your assignment's theme. If your assignment is about comics, then try to find forums that cater to comic books, such as IGN, CBR, 4chan, etc.

Post as many helpful messages as you can. If you build up a reputation as a forum member that people can go to for guidance, it will enhance your credibility and people may be more inclined to further vector your assignment.
>>
>>81030176
no people just watch the films after all the stupid shit has died down and realize they are better and have a re-watchable quality totally missing from most other superhero movies coming out now
>>
>>81030287
so this is marbel falseflagging now? damn u fgts are getting desperate
>>
>>81030195
>no its fucking not, I can't believe this has become something that's entered public consciousness as the 'defining' aspect of The Bat, I'd blame Nolan but really you only have yourselves to blame for thinking this
Why? It's been part of the character for like 80 years. You want it to be one way, but it's the other way.
>>81030292
Sounds like you're an impressionable idiot who jumped on the bandwagon of "these movies aren't that bad after watching them 30 times" what a cockwipe.
>>
>>81029848
See >>81029436.

>>81029797
You sure? Clark reacts weirdly to him every time he says it. Maybe he's just rolling with it because it's not exactly the time and place to start a discussion about how *Bruce* knew his mother's name.

What if when Clark comes back, he's under the impression that Bruce is psychic or something, because he distinctly remembers *not* saying his mom's name?

And let's not overlook the allegorical component at play here.Notice how frequently people reference "worlds" over the course of the movie? Well there are three women who pretty much unquestionably represent different aspects of the world:

Diana: The world of the past.
Lois: The world of the future.
Martha: The world as nurturing mother.

Fits nicely into an allegorical tale where the takeaway message is about clashing ideologies realizing that no matter what they call it, they both share the same world.
>>
>>81027903
more terrible/poor hamfisted exposition

:^)
>>
>>81030189
yeah, but it's not just the word one word, 'martha', alone, is it?
what is its context?
how does this context contrast with bruce later on?
what happens in both scenes?

these details are important, as most of the time the discussion around martha completely ignores all context and insists, again, that martha alone solved everything

i'm not saying that martha isn't being used here, what i'm contending is that its just a random coincidence that comes out of nowhere that ties everything up
>>
>>81022072
>Batman's main argument was that when the stakes are that high, not even a small chance of something going wrong is acceptable.

That was obviously a flimsy justification for his own feelings of failure and irrelevance.
>That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness that turns good men... cruel.
>>
>>81030339
k
it wasn't bad the first time, its not bad the forth time, on the other hand I can't get re-watch any of the dribble put out by the other studios, cept for the DC's of the x-men movies I'll at least watch those once again when the DCs come out
>>
>>81030176
I was right here from day one, saying pretty much the same things I'm saying right now. Unlike the overwhelming majority of cape films, this one has things to be analyzed, digested, and more fully understood over time.
>>
>>81030339
>You want it to be one way, but it's the other way.
where? when? nolanverse? bta? when? cause it sure as fuck isn't in the comics
>>
>>81028420
>Don't forget when Lois "Instant Transmission" Lane senses Superman's power level and teleports to Wayne Manor to explain everything, an ability previously witnessed in an emotionally climactic scene in Man of Steel.

She got a helicopter from THE ROOF. Do you not pay any attention?
>>
>>81030342
bro, bruce had a fucking metal heel with spikes literally at clark's throat
"clark reacts weirdly"
>squirming like an animal in its final moments
>oops, more subtext i was going to hold off on talking about
yeah that's well and fine, doesn't change the fact that the guy does indeed say martha and that nothing in the movie implies otherwise, as the movie would let us know if that was indeed the case
>>
>>81030339
When I watch Snyder's masterpieces, I feel like I'm part of something. At first when I saw them in the theater I said "that was crap" but then when all the rebels and kinossieurs started praising them online I said "they were awesome." It's just part of who I am now, why all the hate. I knew being an intellectual would be hard but this much vitriol is ridiculous.
>>
File: 1490526198682.jpg (43KB, 1086x668px) Image search: [Google]
1490526198682.jpg
43KB, 1086x668px
When Batman hears Martha’s name he is snapped back to the moment of his parents’ death and realises that he wasn’t the hero who was going to save the world from a dangerous alien, he was the man who was about to take a boy away from his mother. He was about to become the very thing he had fought against all his life and what had caused him to become Batman in the first place. Even though he was ready to kill Superman before, he had never thought of himself in terms of his parents’ killer and instead saw Superman as the killer. He lost his parents to a shooter “for no reason at all”, he lost Robin to the Joker (chaos) and he lost his last family, his employees to the Kryptonians’ war (that emerged out of nowhere).

But now he realised that he had things the other way around and that Superman was the victim and the man with a family, a mother and people that he loved and whom he was trying to save and was helpless to save at that moment. He saw things for what they really were: Superman was the boy about to lose his mother to a madman and that boy was helpless to save her. That is why when he realises all of this he throws the spear away in anger at what he had let himself become.

When Batman is faced with this reality he doesn't just come back from the edge and become good again, he manages to FINALLY come to terms with the loss he suffered for 30 years. By getting a chance to save Martha, he can finally do something that allows him to cope with his loss, which 20 years of fighting criminals and stopping evil couldn't do. It also reinstills faith in him that what he did for 20 years WASN’T a waste and that "what falls" ISN'T "fallen" permanently and that his life as Batman WASN'T just "a beautiful lie". This is proven at the end of the movie when he says, “Men are still good, we fight, we kill, we betray one another, but we can rebuild, we can do better, we will, we have to.”
>>
>>81030436
>I was right here from day one, saying pretty much the same things I'm saying right now.
No you weren't, when Man of Steel came out nobody had the brass balls to pretend to like that piece of shit. The daily spam and OCD goodness started years after it was out, most likely from refugees from /r/dc_cinematic. The problem is that it has become so bad in here, it's 10 times more delusional than it is on that site. They even admit most of that shit was terrible, with some shades of goodness here and there. This board imploded in ironic shitposting and a few idiots who took it in earnest. Funny how that bullshit started around the same time the star wars prequel apologists showed up. Hell, we even had two or three Prometheus defender megatrolls.
>>
File: 1484854376351.jpg (57KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1484854376351.jpg
57KB, 500x334px
>>81030526
so there you go

now you have no excuse to post "dude martha lmao"
>>
File: 1490523104873.jpg (293KB, 1231x697px) Image search: [Google]
1490523104873.jpg
293KB, 1231x697px
>>81030623
You sure know a lot about reddit
>>
>>81020183
>How would you react if a fucking murderous all powerful alien said the name of your mom when you're about to kill it
I'd be undeterred by his jedi mind tricks
>>
>>81030195
>I'd blame Nolan

Ironically Bale has the highest killcount of any Batman.
>>
>>81030623
fuck your new, people spammed MOT is GOAT threads every fucking day, it isn't even that long ago, how new are you?
>>
>>81030630
Except they do, because none of that shit happened outside of your head. He immediately went "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME RAAARHHRAAARHL WHERRR IS THE DETON8R" and Lois with her teleporting powers told him that was his mom's name. That's all that happened, everything else is an addendum by you, in some kind of autist stupor of stockholm syndrome and psychotic delusions. Liking shit ironically gets to you eventually.
>>
File: rejected-4-300.jpg (26KB, 435x300px) Image search: [Google]
rejected-4-300.jpg
26KB, 435x300px
>>81030661
You sure are a brand-warring faggot. I'm surprised you didn't add your favorite brands of videogames in there, sperglard.
>>
>>81030638
fucked up
>>81030342 u see >>81027724

>>81030393

I don't really know much about the discussion, but in the movie the Martha thing was pretty emphasized, the context of all those scenes frames that word and the uses it as an IMPORTANT part of the movie, being just a random coincidence. It would have worked without it pretty well but they still included it
>>
>>81030699
>Lois with her teleporting powers
literally shown getting a helicopter before they start fighting across the bay

her making it there when she did is 'teleporting" now? fuck off m8
>>
File: 1489035894490.jpg (202KB, 800x798px) Image search: [Google]
1489035894490.jpg
202KB, 800x798px
>>81030699
>i'm too stupid to think about things for more than 5 seconds, so i apply my own infantile simplistic view of film onto both other viewers and the creators themselves.
>>
>>81030689
yea I know, the term spoonfeeding has never been more applicable, people heard bats saying he doesn't kill, this somehow allowed them to ignore all the deaths he caused, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad
>>
>>81030689
Except he wasn't batman when he killed those ninjus.
>>
File: marvel bots.jpg (385KB, 1352x903px) Image search: [Google]
marvel bots.jpg
385KB, 1352x903px
>>81030287
>>
>>81030768
your mental gymnastics are a wonder to behold
>>
>>81030509
Watch this:

https://youtu.be/Oufremzw7d8?t=161

Right after "Why did you say that name?" That doesn't just look like pain or fear to me. It looks like confusion. Yeah, sure, he *could* be confused about why that name would freak him out like that, but . . .

https://youtu.be/Oufremzw7d8?t=240

The look right after Clark says "My mother needs me," and Bruce replies, "Wait. I'll make you a promise - Martha won't die tonight," again Clark pauses briefly, but it doesn't look like he's just weighing his options, there's again this little hint of confusion.

I'm telling you - there's something more coming.
>>
>>81030732
?, we';re talking about BvS someone keeps bring up Marbel, is it you?, so whos the shill here?
>>
>>81030768

But he was when he crushed those cop cars with the Batmobile, when he left Ra's in the crashing train, when he pushed Harvey off the ledge. Might be a couple others I'm forgetting.
>>
>>81030748
What was the point of her being there? She was always where the plot needed her to be, exactly like in Man of Steel. She's just a reporter, she doesn't get flown around like she's the president other than to deliver exposition to her. It's shit writing.
>>81030753
>I'm a vary creativ parson so I imagine things that diden't happen
Go imagine your own movies in your hugbox, corky. We're discussing what was delivered on screen.
>>81030772
Those look like youtube comments.
>>81030795
The irony in your post is ridiculous, no way you're not trolling.
>>
>>81030623
You're right. I didn't start defending Man of Steel until after I saw BvS and started understanding I was looking at both films from the wrong angle.

Snyder is a motherfucking genius. You don't expect to find those working in "capeshit," so I went in not expecting it to be an actual film.
>>
>>81030825
You can't spell for shit, and you're the only one who mentioned marvel, you underage spasm.
>>
>>81030856
>Those look like youtube comments.

They're tweets.
>>
>>81030768
>I WON'T KILL THIS MAN
>lets him die in the fire
>>
>>81030736
>being just a random coincidence. It would have worked without it pretty well but they still included it
this is completely wrong anon

their fight in no way hinges on the coincidence of their mothers having the same name, the fight hinges on bruce's experience of reliving that night then seeing himself and his actions through a new perspective, THAT'S WHY ITS INCLUDED

the juxtaposition between the night his parents died and his fight with superman, you can't have one without the other
>>
>>81030884
did me misspelling Marbel trigger u? maybe just don't get so invested in your employer, its just a job brah not a lifestyle
>>
>>81030964
>their fight in no way hinges on the coincidence of their mothers having the same name, the fight hinges on bruce's experience of reliving that night then seeing himself and his actions through a new perspective, THAT'S WHY ITS INCLUDED
He relives that night every night, which is why he does what he does. Which is why he would never snuff out a life if he could help it. This is why it's tonally deaf to have him murdering and branding people, while the joker is still running around in his jokermobile. Seriously, that shit was like straight out of the 1968 TV show.
>>
So is these movies in Star Wars?
>>
>>81030799
confused that this guy that was about to kill him just got triggered out of nowhere?

you need way more to justify this type of thing
>>
>>81030845
>talia
he flat out killed talia, which is actually pretty fucking funny since she's his no1 waifu in the comics
>>
>>81031136
So like are they make this guy In a movie with Star Wars?
>>
>>81021040
This.

The problem isn't the concept, it's the execution. Writers didn't write the scene with dialogue that had natural flow.

---> objective: get batman to realize he has spiraled out of control over this 2 year vendetta. He was turning into the monster that created him. Have him see the humanity that he stripped from Superman.

---> execution: Have Superman utter his mothers name and have batman scream awkwardly while a flashback of his parents death intercut the scene. Have Lois run in the knick of time to scream "that's his mothers name!"
>>
>>81022072
It's a bullshit argument Batman uses to justify his actions. By the same logic he himself should be killed.
>>
>>81020096
this scene is unironically fantastic. the whole point of the film is that both batman and superman are totally fucked up in the head, how can they even be "super" "heroes"? wayne in particular is just totally psychologically damaged... he fights superman because he is afraid to metaphorically lose his family again, so he feels like he must prevent it. but this is obviously not a good reason to become a vigilante with zero regard not only for the law (like other batmen have) but for taking people's lives! so he's absolutely fucked up, and he is fixated on the idea that he could somehow save his family, whatever that really means. he views superman as a fundamental, almost ideological, threat that must be stamped out, or at least curtailed, so it is a total psychological shock to hear this man, whom bruce totally irrationally hates and opposes with ever fiber of his fractured being, say the one word that is motivating him to do what he does!
>>
>>81031070
none of this matters
sure, i have memories that come up a lot, but i'm not going to automatically enter a surreal space just because something i'm doing at the moment happens to be motivated by something that happened to me in the past

jfc bruce would react that way if anyone said martha, let alone the guy he thought was the greatest threat to humanity

the branding is them pulling more out of the zorro aspect of batman's history more than anyone else up to this point. it's shameful that no one else has done it yet
>>
>>81024265
Why not just say "Save my mother, Martha"

It would have elimated the Batman screaming WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME x50, and still had the emotionally weight flashing back to his parents death
>>
>>81031136
And that's why I say there's more to come. If I'm wrong, there won't be. If I'm right, it doesn't make me brilliant, it makes Snyder and his whole team the master craftsman of the Magnum Opus of cape trilogies.

And that's very much what MoS > BvS > JL is - an unofficial cape trilogy.
>>
>>81031323
What part of
>crushed throat
Is so difficult to grasp?
>>
>>81020096
this is why the Joker is still alive because his mom's name is Martha too.
>>
>>81030964
im not saying that's the point of the scene i'm saying that to be able to happen there had to be a big coincidence and that's what happened
>>
>>81028838
>save martha
>complex
>kino
you flick watcher need to join marvel and transformers in your new containment board
>>
>>81031431
the part that makes them have to stop making up reasons to bash on the movie
>>
>>81031504
of two people sharing the same name
maybe that's it, this sort of thing isn't such a rare thing for me haha
>>
>>81031393
well hey, the jl trailer already has some pottery to bvs

who knows the extent to which jl did or didn't change
>>
>>81031500
Bats won't kill the joker, its fucked up but a mainstay of the character, even when he is written as a killer he won't kill joker, theirs reasons but your swine I've got pearls, look it up
>>
>>81031431
>that part where he said "your letting him kill martha" and "find him, save Martha"

excuses excuses
>>
>>81031594
you missed that kernel of shit to the right of synder's asshole
>>
File: Martha Kane.jpg (10KB, 350x194px) Image search: [Google]
Martha Kane.jpg
10KB, 350x194px
>>81031500
>>
>>81031683
Hell yeah it does. And personally, I don't think there's a chance in hell it isn't revisited. They knew it would stir controversy, division, and most importantly, debate.

It requires resolution, and I think they're about to give us the punchline to a fantastic joke, a real killer.
>>
>>81031797
ESL
S
L
>>
>>81020858
Except that wasn't it at all.

Snyder was spelling out exactly what he wanted his mouth breathing audience to think when he showed flash backs of Bruce's mother. Bruce literally thought Superman looked inside his mind and yelled something cryptic about his mother.
>>
>>81031500

The Joker is alive because he's Jason Todd.
>>
>>81031202
Haha good one anon
>>
>>81031813
You didn't actually watch the scene did you?
>>
>>81031892
it would make sense for snyder to pull every meta thing he could conceive

it's hilarious and scary to me that the online conversation around the movie mirrors the actual in universe conversation

i do imagine there has to be a next step of sorts
and i do think there's a reason they went into production immediately after release
>>
>>81032004
who the fuck is Jason Todd?
>>
File: CATWOMAN 082.jpg (100KB, 377x600px) Image search: [Google]
CATWOMAN 082.jpg
100KB, 377x600px
>>81031141
>talia
>she's his no1 waifu in the comics

She wishes.
>>
>>81032004
Nah, I like the idea always have but, nah
>>
>>81032049
Why the fuck are you even posting ITT?
>>
>>81032049
The second Robin. In the comics, the Joker killed him. Here, it remains to be seen.
>>
>>81032052
>much cat
She's no2, look at it like this, Bruce will beat Catwoman down, he's never even hit Talia
>>
>>81032033
https://youtu.be/Oufremzw7d8
You clearly didn't or your recollection is shit
>>
>>81032094
If he doesn't know he shouldn't even be posting, don't spoonfeed the shills. Their getting paid let them earn it at least
>>
>>81030526
the fuck, Zack is huge here
>>
File: Snyder - SuperZack.jpg (554KB, 1409x956px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder - SuperZack.jpg
554KB, 1409x956px
>>81032207
Zack is the Alpha Chad Protector of Capekino.

How canst thou knowest this not, ye heathen?
>>
>>81032389
this young anon is new to true capekino, but he seeks to join us in the sun
>>
>>81032137
>missing the point this hard
he said what he could under extreme pressure both physically and physiologically, I'm sorry you have such trouble grasping this
>>
>>81031202
this
>>
remember when someone searched for "capekino" on twitter and the only people saying it were mexicans?
>>
>>81032568
>twitter
ok, huh? its well known shitskins lurk here and then post on social media for le ebin upvotes, no-one cares
>>
File: 0bbc4a983aa592c0521a264ca9e88791.jpg (804KB, 2386x1348px) Image search: [Google]
0bbc4a983aa592c0521a264ca9e88791.jpg
804KB, 2386x1348px
>>81020096

Is there an issue here?

You dare criticize my talent?

I gave you rebirth, I gave you my heart and soul and this is how you repay me?

You forget who is in charge of all of /tv/, for so long you believed it to be Nolan.

But, NOLAN IS DEAD.

I AM THE NEW OVERLORD OF /TV/

YOU NEED TO ACCEPT THIS NOW AND FOREVER.

I'll accept apologies starting now, don't even bother responding: I'm too busy making 300 3.

- Z.S
>>
File: Batman-v-Superman_2542.png (290KB, 636x263px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-v-Superman_2542.png
290KB, 636x263px
>>81032568
>and the only people saying it were mexicans?

Got a problem with that esse?
>>
>>81031973
yes, this exactly, the Bat thought supes was fucking with him,
>how does he know what happened that night?
is what he's thinking, not
>why is he saying my moms name?
for the Bat everything in his life is about crime alley
>>
>>81032731
fuck off shitskin, supes got the fuck away from your greasy digits the moment he could
>>
>>81032568
I legitimately don't care. I unabashedly love Snyder and find kinoposting to be a wonderful way to trigger his haters.
>>
>>81032718
no issue Brah, the shills continue but we know better, you've shown us better, get back to the kinomaking my man, we're all here when its ready
>>
>>81032818
their only greasy cause of all the tacos we make for u, no need to be mean, superman wasn't
>>
>>81032092
>>81032156
/co/ please leave.

and kys.
>>
>>81032949
hahahahhahahahaa

shill on faggot, just understand you really have no fucking clue what your trying to rail against
>>
>>81032844
its pruddy fun, the frustrated tears of marbelshills is like ambrosia
>>
Here's something I've always wondered. How do the more "out-there" directors like Lynch ever gain a foothold and establish a reputation?

I mean, could you imagine sitting down to "Lost Highway" blind? Like, say, you're just some random pleb browing Netflix and it pops up in the Mystery/Thriller section. Now imagine you watched it through to completion and never revisited it. What could you even begin to take away from it? Now imagine you were a pleb internet critic who did the same. What would your review look like? Something like this, perhaps?

Disjointed, jarring, and nigh-incomprehensible, this film dares you to like it. While there are some scenes that are individually disturbing and occasionally striking, ultimately the film is less a film and more a collection of moments, disconnected and with no hint of a coherent narrative.

Sounds like shit, right? Is that what happens with plebs and Snyder? They go in expecting one thing, get actual art, and then insist it conform to their preconceptions for the genre?
>>
>>81033110
lynch and jodoworsky got profile because of how not-mainstream they were in during a period where there was barely any media that wasn't mainstream.

this does not apply to snyder in any way, shape, or form.
>>
>>81033186
That's what I'm saying, though - he's been mainstream from the start, but his films frequently have themes that aren't. People don't get "perception is more important than reality" unless you've got a character literally monologing it to them like Bale's character from "The Prestige."

300 explores exactly that same theme, but it does so without ever pointing it out.
>>
>>81033306
the man himself has talked about the movie and it being a story being told around a fire
>>
File: Snyder - Fong.jpg (76KB, 750x653px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder - Fong.jpg
76KB, 750x653px
>>81032718
Your forces stand at the ready. sire.

Long live Lord Snyder, Breaker of Plebs.
>>
>>81033306
>his films frequently have themes that aren't

No they don't.
>>
>>81033500
Yes, the man himself. Not the film.

I've lost count of how many times I've had to explain it to people.
>>
>>81033563
We get a lot of mainstream films whose ultimate take-away is that it's dangerous to make things sacred?
>>
>>81020183
not only that but he was warrned by the flash that "she" is the key or somthing if somthing happens to her
>>
>>81033626
that them is not present in snyder films outside of autistic headcanon
>>
>>81023001
>top peak mental state

still has spooks, still identifies with ego, still has selfish desires, yeah nice try
>>
>>81026790
are you fucking for real, the ammount of coincidence that is logicily impossible which happens in cival war and your bitching about this. fuck you, you fucking retard
>>
File: Supersoldiers.jpg (394KB, 2880x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Supersoldiers.jpg
394KB, 2880x1200px
>>81033668

Nah, it's pretty clearly there, and pretty clearly intended, as it informs literally everything that's happening over the course of two movies.

If you don't think that mankind unduly worshiping Superman isn't going to play a role in the return of the New Gods, then you're either not too well-versed with how magic works in the DC Universe or just willfully ignoring it.
>>
>>81033861
Oh, it's even worse than that. They ignore the psychological implications of why Bruce will brand guys and let "respectable criminal" do his dirty work for him, then wonder why a guy like that would choose to forge a kryptonite spear.

It could have been an arrow. Hell, it could have been a bullet, for that matter, but instead he chose to make a spear.
>>
>>81033879
it makes sense as the next thing after bvs honestly,
the way hope is introduced through a physical embodiment in mos
then by the end of bvs becomes a sort of communal ideal, not tethered to a savior but the community
>>
>>81034210
Did you happen to catch what the Enchantress said to her brother in Suicide Squad?
>>
>>81020096
Made sense to me just seemed like he snapped out of his anger for a moment, since a big part of the movie is about batman descending lower and lower.

i guess marvel flicks really do reduce intelligence.
>>
>>81034259
you keep bringing it up every time i run into you in these threads

and i think it finally clicked for me in a meta way
>>
>>81035747
It's subtle, but it's there. They need worship, I think. I think they're going to find some way to steal the adulation and worship Clark will experience upon his resurrection.
>>
>>81035837
clark is literally a god
look at the behavior the character gets irl

bvs completely convinced me that the gospel is the then version of capeshit full stop

i guess the way to figure this out is to look at zod then lex doomsday then find what is the next sort of idealogical thing to have

zod the fundamentalist radical who venerates his society as a religion

lex who uses the corporate infrastructure to get the government to give him access lol to promethean fire then unleashes it on the planet

whatever your thoughts are, you have to be able to connect them to the painting, how it relates to the whole movie, and the final frame
>>
File: seraphim_angel.png (2MB, 1865x700px) Image search: [Google]
seraphim_angel.png
2MB, 1865x700px
>>81036016
There are some incredibly meta elements to this story,

Krypton is for all intents and purposes, "comic book heaven," the place where all the magic originally came from in terms of comic book popularity. I think they're making some sort of statement by having the Kryptonians mine their own planet into collapse, like maybe they're saying that comic companies need to be more bold and stop mining their own back-history.

So Jor-El, Clark's "heavenly father," sends him to bat-world, where he slowly begins elevating it into a new heroic age.

You remember that winged dragon thing Jor rode? Six wings on it. Pic related.
>>
>>81031187
that wasnt superman's objective at all, his objective was just to save his mom, and Batman sure as shit doesnt know his mom's name, but he just happened to trigger batman's ptsd which is directly tied with him blaming himself for his mother's death.

It was fucking fine and played on a coincidence from the comics that no one has pointed out in over 75 years.
>>
>>81031504
a coincidence that was set up over 75 years ago in the comics. A 75 year old chelkov's gun.
>>
>>81031545
so then tell me, why did Batman decide to help Superman.
>>
>>81029783
The movie literally makes the point that him killing is going against what he stood for, that he has fallen and lost his way. Are you this retarded?
>>
>>81029836
see
>>81036651
>>
>12 months later
>smelly disneylets still cant understand
>they have spent a year of their life hating a film
lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuQGFltywVQ
>>
>>81030856
It was literally set up by Future Flash that Lois would come and be the key. When she explains its his mother's name, and Batman can see that Lois loves Superman, he realizes Superman is just a dude like him with loved ones like he had and that he was projecting onto him. It really is that simple.
>>
File: 5D 4U.png (1MB, 1022x574px) Image search: [Google]
5D 4U.png
1MB, 1022x574px
>>81020183

Your post's kinda big sign of autism, wouldn't you say?
>>
>>81022120
>>
>>81036304
WOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW
in a sense, there is a meta comic thing going but a cultural one as well, to me its as if the very existence of the character is proof of an ongoing anthropological phenomenon from the beginning until now

>elevating it into a new heroic age.
reminds me of a bunch of stuff in the trailer...
i guess the key to figuring this out is in figuring out the *why* which snyder himself using in teasing ways in interviews

are you also the guy who picked out the tarot and the connection to the ancient skull?
>>
>>81020183
This whole Martha shit could've been avoided if those idiots making the film hadn't jerked off so hard for realizing that Batman and Superman had mothers with the same name. They should've just had Superman say "you're letting them kill my mom" or "my mother, save her" and then show the flashback to baby Bruce crying out for his own mom. Simple. Still wouldn't have fixed the rest of that shitty film, least that one wouldn't have been so dumb. Heck, I'll never understand why they didn't just have Bruce helping out Lex to create some Kryptonite weapon, while Lex uses Doomsday to stage catastrophes around the world that look like they were caused by Superman to defame him. Have Batman and Superman fight until Batman realizes he's been shafted by Lex, and then the two tag team Doomsday once Lex goes crazy from a motherbox vision and loses control over the damn thing. Ffs.
>>
>>81022072
It might've actually worked if he hadn't fucking brutally murdered goons left and right the whole movie
>>
>1 fucking year after this kinoma
>marvel numales still doesn't get it
It should be a requirement to test film literacy to post on this board especially the marvel paki shills.
>>
>>81028967
He makes a guy's brains splatter against a wall by throwing a crate at his face.

He makes a car pancake killing like half a dozen guys.

He makes a whole truck basically vaporize from his machine gun fire.

That is not collateral damage. Collateral damage is Harvey Dent in TDK. It's the guy driving the truck that gets rammed into concrete overhead after ramming into the tumbler. Batfleck's kills had fucking slaughter written all over them.
>>
>>81036874
>>81037018
fuck off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPudZd3oI4
>>
>>81036646
Because he realized his owl "righteous crusade" to kill the alien, all his talk of doing something that mattered and leaving a legacy, all of those were just more beautiful lies he was telling himself to mask the truth:

It was always vengeance he was after, and continuing to let his obsession rule him was turning him into precisely the thing he hated.

That was the moment when the vengeance-obsessed "bat" lost and the reasoning, compassionate "man" won, tempering that thirst for vengeance back into something more noble.

It was his first step back toward the light.
>>
File: Sword of Alexander.jpg (62KB, 1027x518px) Image search: [Google]
Sword of Alexander.jpg
62KB, 1027x518px
>>81036835
Yes, I'm the same guy.

I'm on the track of something involving the Sword of Alexander, too, but I'm thinking that in addition to being a foreshadowing to Doomsday being the "sword" Lex uses to cut himself free of the knot he's tied, it's also some sort of subtle reference to Marvel.

The Sword of Alexander

Considerations on how it foreshadows Doomsday aside, there might be a more meta reference being made in the scene. Bruce tells Diana, "It's a fake. The real one was sold on the black market in 1998 and now hangs about the bed of-"

"The Sultan of Hajar," Diana finishes.

In 1998, Marvel Comics finalized its bankruptcy and was sold to Toy Biz, in a "complicated deal" (a knot that can not be untied?) where control ended up in the hands of Ike Perlmutter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Perlmutter

I don't know what that might be saying, but it's interesting. I keep coming back to the phrase "It's a fake,"
>>
>>81037262
Yea the Gordian knot plays a part, theirs the obvious meta reason, but I suspect theirs a in-universe connection too, prob relating the 'demigod' question but not sure yet
>>
>>81037262
>I'm on the track of something involving the Sword of Alexander, too, but I'm thinking that in addition to being a foreshadowing to Doomsday being the "sword" Lex uses to cut himself free of the knot he's tied,
>sword of alexander
>doomsday's right arm
>lex's blood rite

fucking christ

don't think there's enough there to fully connect the sword and the deal, i say there'd have to be something other to connect the two other than the date, not like perry's comment about 1939
>>
>>81037455
forgot to mention
"fake"
"false god"
staged superman intervention with faked superman actions in africa
"they have to see the fraud you are"
>>
>>81037455
Well, the deal basically placed control in the hands of Ike Perlmutter who had a falling out with Kevin Feige, the president of Marvel Studios,

I'd almost say that if it's anything, it's a sly endorsement of the TV and Netflix shows being more "genuine" in spirit and tone than the "fakes" Feige's been giving us lately.
>>
>>81037739
Incidentally, in 2013, Kevin Feige received the Hollywood Showman of the Year award. At the time, he would have been 40.

"The culmination of 40 years curating . . . "
>>
>>81037739
>>81037927
ayyyy a fake in a glass case no one the wiser...
who knows
bvs is truly the gift that keeps on giving, inspiring as fuck
>>
>>81033665
Flash doesnt say 'she', he specifically refers to Lois as being the key.
if he said Martha was the key the 180 if Batman in that scene would have been more understandable
>>
>>81038322
That scene fascinates me. He specifically refers to Lois, but refuses to say who "him" is. I mean, the obvious choice is Superman, but why wouldn't he just say it?

I don't think it's the obvious choice, and I think he had a good reason for not saying the name, but I have no idea what it could be.
>>
>>81038322
Lol the plot is so contrived
>>
>>81038368
in batman's dream, the earth was BRANDED with a giant omega symbol

by the end of bvs, metropolis had the symbol of hope engraved on the ground
>>
>>81038779
fuuccck did not notice that, theirs the obvious transition from a statue to a plaque, like people have begun to accept they need to be their own hero but damn didn't pick up on that
>>
>>81038779
2deep4me
>>
>>81038870
i fucking swear every standout detail in the movie is tied to something else, while also connected to some other overarching idea

and funny thing about hope and the earth, you know how the dirt rises at the end? and how lois is wearing the wedding ring?

as lois leaves the grave, she disappears into a TREE next to where superman literally becomes one with the earth, after having given lois a PROMISE after having called her HIS WORLD
>>
fucking snyder i fucking swear
https://imgur.com/a/GtT3w
>>
>>81039001
the man is a blessing, goddamn the levels are endless
>>
>>81038959
currently re-watching both, too much extra shit and connections I've noticed to post today, I'm compiling and will get to it but holy shit the sheer level of stuff he's 'hidden' in these films would make jesus weep, its incredible
>>
>>81039001
lol holy crap.

>>81038779
>>81038870

Here's one that's been hitting me for a while. You guys remember the first time we see him catching someone that's falling?

https://youtu.be/87ZTS7Fdg90?t=111

Listen to the music crescendo. That's a cue. We see him catch Lois that same way later.

In BvS, most of his rescues come from above - he swoops in to rescue Lois at the beginning, he flies down to rescue the girl from the burning building, hovers above the family at the flood, but through the most of the movie, we don't see a repeat of the type of saves he was performing in MoS. I think it relates to what we know was going on in his mind in BvS - he's overstepping, just like he did with the bus in the flashback in MoS. He's doing too much - he's hovering humanity.

His relationship with Lois echoes his relationship with the world. He doesn't zip to Africa from Metropolis to rescue her - he was already there, hovering, playing "helicopter boyfriend," She sort of comments on it when they get back to Metropolis.

"I don't think it's possible for you to love me and be you,"

He's smothering her, and he's smothering the world, too. He's everywhere, rescuing everybody, and while that's what we tend to think of him doing, it's his approach that's wrong.

After the Senate bombing, he lands next to an EMT who says, "Thanks. Would you mind stepping back? I need a little room to work." That's what the world needs, too. It doesn't need a helicopter boyfriend. It needs a safety net.

At long last, we see him symbolically being that very thing when Lois falls from Lexcorp Tower, just suddenly, almost silently there, catching Lois from below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtm5nBuFlmY

If the devils come from above, it's the angels that rise up from below.
>>
>>81039961
nice, I was trying to work out the significance of the supes theme though both films, their seemed to be one, I think you've nailed it
>>
>>81039961
>he's hovering humanity.

I meant to add that a lot of that's born out of his guilt. He's trying to overcompensate for it, being *too* good a guy, *too* helpful.
>>
>>81040004
yea he hasn't helped all this time until MoS plus of course Johnathon, he's over compensating, but at first glance its the traditional way superman acts at least in movies donner your definitely onto something
>>
>>81039961
the jl logo is LITERALLY

a SHIELD with a LIGHT in the middle, the light which after bvs, we know comes from BELOW where superman is laid as the seed of HOPE that bears JUSTICE LEAGUE
>>
>>81020096
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>81038368
>lois is the key
thats easy shes the key to snapping superman out from control of darkseid and preventing the knightmare from becoming real
>>
>>81020858
this
>>
So why would you refer to your mother with her name?
I mean Superman isn't some edgy adopted teenager. He would say "Save my mother" or something similar.
>>
>>81020096
>t. faggot who didn't understand the movie
>>
>>81041609
already covered read the thread
>>81039961
any thoughts on if bats hits the accelerator or the break when first meeting supes? I just watched it and i'm not sure but I think it might be the break, seems kinda important either way
>>
>>81037262
>>81036835
>must their be a superman
>their is
meta as fuck
>>
>>81042045
It's called "evading the question while pretending ot give an answer"
>>
>>81027903
With quips.
>>
>>81020858
we already knew this asshole
>>
>>81042121
uh yea its also a meta commentary on the superhero genera at large and just in a 10 sec fake news clipping, cool huh?
>>
File: rare pepe.gif (607KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
rare pepe.gif
607KB, 800x792px
>Please stop, Batman. It's a trap.

>AHHHHHHH, I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU!

>Lex is setting us up. I need your help!

>FUCK YOU, ALIEN! I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO MURDER YOU!

>You have to save Martha?

>Wait, Martha? That's my mother's name! You're not really an alien; you're a human! I guess I won't murder you after all!

Bravo, Snyder! Bravo! Combine that and the throwaway lines about religion that don't really matter at all, and you have absolute "Kino!" Anybody who disagrees is a Marvel-loving shill!

Best Batman ever put on screen! Best Superman ever put on screen!
>>
>>81020096
Why doesn't dc get credit for actually trying(and failing). Literally every movie is passable nowadays. I'd rather filmmakers take risks and fail rather than shit out the same bland mildly enjoyable movies.
>>
>>81042273
how are they 'failing' their movies consistently make good cash which is all the studios care about, everyone who cares enjoys their kino, in what way are they failing?
>>
>>81042273

What did they try to do? Rush the Justice League through this shit movie? Make allusions to God to hide the fact that the plot is ridiculous? Stretch the runtime to 2.5 hours (3 in the Extended Edition) for no reason? Make every character in the film boring and unlikable?

Any studio can fail at what they set out to do. DC and Hack Snyder couldn't even make an entertaining movie while failing.
>>
>>81042387
so your whole argument is (you) don't like it? cause plenty of other people did, don't really care if that includes you
>>
>>81030482
She teleported.
>>
>>81040923
I get where you're coming from, but what I'm curious about is why Barry would use her name but seem reluctant to use Clark's.
>>
>>81042441
or ya know went by helicopter which was shown in a bunch of scenes, either way its superhero movie after all, sure she teleported why not
>>
>>81042387
Well they could easily make marvel copies. Snyder goes for style over substance but I don't think that he does it conciously.Theres a good review from nerdwritwr about it. He wants a big epic but imo falls short on several fronts. But here's the thing I can enjoy "bad" movies because they are memorable.It has more worth to me. Marvel makes less mistakes but also is less inspired.
>>81042376
Failing in the sense that it has too many flaws to overlook.
>>
>>81042419
>so your whole argument is (you) don't like it? cause plenty of other people did, don't really care if that includes you

And just as many, if not more, don't like it for those exact same reasons I listed.

Batman v Superman made a lot of money, but so does every new Transformers movie. At least the Transformers movies don't pretend to be what they aren't, like this drivel did.
>>
>>81042458
cause 'him' isn't Clark its darksied supes, I just watched the scene and he's got maybe 3 seconds to
>convey a message
>realize he fucked up
>alter the message to find us
he's trying to tell bruce that Lois is the key to bringing clark back, the message is just out of place out of time and jumbled
>fear him
he means dark supes, but I think he might also mean darkseid I think he's going to infiltrate the group as a friend someone we 'the viewers' know as a trusted superhero, just a theory though
>>
>>81042533
>And just as many, if not more
? ok glad your identifying with w/e internet group hates these movies, just understand your actually in the minority
>>
>>81042526
>has too many flaws to overlook
whos opinion is that? yours? some random e-celeb you worship? who exactly thinks this?
>>
>>81030526
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>81041791
>any thoughts on if bats hits the accelerator or the break when first meeting supes?

Just watched it. Lifts his foot off the accelerator and hits the brakes. Just to be perfectly fair though, we might not want to read too much into that. He had to already know that ramming him with the Batmobile wasn't even going to bruise him, and at that point he doesn't even have what he needs to go toe-to-toe with him.

It's definitely suggestive of what we've been talking about though, that deep down he knew he was screwing up and going after one of the good guys.
>>
>>81042672
Nigga I thought it was obvious that it was my opinion.also I don't worship any eceleb I just wanted to mention that there is a reviewer who had a take on it which I found interesting. Jesus Christ calm down it's just a movie.
>>
>>81042697
>deep down he knew he was screwing up and going after one of the good guys.
this is the implication I got,especially if you take his reaction immediately before into account
>as he just sees superman in his way
though simply breaking to avoid more damage to his car also makes sense
>>
>>81037262
>>81037739
>>81037927

If I find out that Feige winning that award somehow widened the chasm between Feige and Perlmutter(effectively cutting the knot) my brain my explode.
>>
>>81042526
>But here's the thing I can enjoy "bad" movies because they are memorable.It has more worth to me. Marvel makes less mistakes but also is less inspired.

Marvel can also make more likable characters and semi-coherent plots. I disliked Captain America: The First Avenger for its uninspired main villain, goofy, un-intimidating henchmen and mediocre plot, but I'll still go back to see it over Batman v Superman each time? Why? Because Captain America is likable in that movie. Nobody is likable in Batman v Superman.

I don't even know why we are talking about Marvel when discussing this shitty movie's failures. Marvel churns out a product, so the viewer knows exactly what they are getting going in. As long as they can hit the points that need to be hit, fine. Zack Snyder can't hit any points he tries to hit, and he doesn't deserve any respect for his incompetence.

Want to watch a grim, depressing superhero movie with actual stakes and likable characters? Go watch Logan. It puts every Snyder superhero movie to shame, and all Marvel movies.
>>
>>81042244
>he still doesn't get it
>>
>>81042745
>Nigga I thought it was obvious
that might be your problem, just maybe watch the movies your posting about instead of buying into w/e social/celeb/review w/e shit you've been basing your opinions on, if your saying
>this movie is shit, its obvious
you'd better have a good reason why
>>
>>81042628
>? ok glad your identifying with w/e internet group hates these movies, just understand your actually in the minority

By what metric are you basing this opinion? You're using an argument ad populum, by the way, which is faulty reasoning anyway. It would help if Batman v Superman actually got decent reviews, which it didn't.
>>
>>81042795
so its entirely just your taste in movies? you can only have total schlock or nothing? cool please fuck off forever
>>
>>81042850
ok, why do you care about 'reviews' of any kind this is about the film and all your posting as criticism is
>it should be obvious wtf I read it on ___ srysly guys? didn't u see twitter?
do you understand why I might take your posts with a grain of salt? if not I'll tell you, you don't seem to have any opinion of your own.
>>
>>81042822
Is this some advanced bait? It was obvious that it was my opinion, not that it was shit. I also said that I like the movies. You can like things and still see fault in it.

>>81042795
I get you but I think our tastes differ too much to agree on something. Have to see Logan yet.. maybe it will blow me away.
>>
>>81042880
>you can only have total schlock or nothing?

What makes you think I like total schlock? I already said that I didn't like Batman v Superman. And I didn't particularly like Man of Steel, either, which is schlock incarnate in the last 40 minutes.

If schlock is entertaining, I'll enjoy it. If it's schlock made by Zack Snyder, it's bound to be boring as fuck.
>>
>>81042959
ok cool so why post? you don't like any snyder films ok their not for everyone clearly that includes you, thats sad but not exactly shocking, why post?
>>
>>81042940
me
>make your own opinion stop relying on random e.celebs
you
>i just wanted to mention my channel etc.
do you begin to understand why people who just want to talk about a movie might just tell you to fuck off?
>>
File: 1434998268957.png (134KB, 317x392px) Image search: [Google]
1434998268957.png
134KB, 317x392px
>>81042938
>ok, why do you care about 'reviews' of any kind

Hold on, asshole. Don't bring up a movie's reception and then respond, "hey why are you bringing up a movie's reception!" when I rebut your claim that the movie was well-received.

Wow, talk about moving the goalpost.

>this is about the film and all your posting as criticism is

All I posted as criticism for the film was criticism I had of the film. You brought up public reception, not I.

>it should be obvious wtf I read it on ___ srysly guys? didn't u see twitter?

Lying, putting words in my mouth. Claiming I said things that I never did.

>do you understand why I might take your posts with a grain of salt? if not I'll tell you, you don't seem to have any opinion of your own.

Bitch, your entire argument was, "More people liked the movie than didn't."

This is what I posted: >>81042387
>What did they try to do? Rush the Justice League through this shit movie? Make allusions to God to hide the fact that the plot is ridiculous? Stretch the runtime to 2.5 hours (3 in the Extended Edition) for no reason? Make every character in the film boring and unlikable?
>Any studio can fail at what they set out to do. DC and Hack Snyder couldn't even make an entertaining movie while failing.

This was your response: >>81042419
>so your whole argument is (you) don't like it? cause plenty of other people did, don't really care if that includes you

As anybody can see, my post had nothing to do with the film's reception. Your response was ONLY about the film's reception. And now you're trying to claim that the only justification I have for bashing the movie is that it was poorly received?

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>81042487
The Russos had the Avengers "teleporting" all over the globe in Civil War, with no sense of elapsed time to be found. Marvel babbies won't even let Lois teleport across a measly bay.

But yes, she took a damn helicopter.
>>
>>81028420
>Lane senses Superman's power level and teleports to Wayne Manor to explain everything

It wasn't at Wayne Manor, why would you think that?
>>
>>81043153
>Don't bring up a movie's reception
huh? when exactly? never did that who you strawmanning brah? your whole post seems like your having an argument with someone that was never ITT
>>
Marvelcucks don't love their mothers everybody.
>>
>>81042594
Yeah, I think it's Darkseid too.

And I further believe they're going to do something really creepy with him, like making it where his famous mind-control/Anti-life link is essentially built into him and merely knowing of his existence and dwelling on it for too long corrupts you.

If I'm right, that's why the Kryptonians huddled back on Krypton and broke contact with their colonies. He infected them and the ancient Kryptonians had to cut them off like a diseased limb.
>>
>>81043159
don't even bother, that trash isn't worth our time, scene by scene thing don't add up, with MoS and BvS we're arguing about the exact timing of Zods eye blasts between two film from different perspectives, its not even comparable just ignore the trash
>>
Just finished watching this again, it was good. Great way to kill 3 hours.
>>
>>81043153
lol this much work into something you have a hate hardon for, get help brah u need it
>>
File: k7qDZwC.jpg (49KB, 420x615px) Image search: [Google]
k7qDZwC.jpg
49KB, 420x615px
Its still a shit movie.
On the other hand...
>>
>>81042795
Yeah, I liked Logan, too, even if it did essentially lift its entire structure and several beats directly from "Children of Men,"

I still like MoS and BvS better. That may be incomprehensible to you, but it is nonetheless the case. Maybe when you see a lot of this "headcanon" we go on about proven right, you'll revise your opinion, but until then, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
>>
>>81043280
yea I can see this, Darkseid will be fucking with Lex at the very least, but yea everyone near him, physically, mentally, spiritually etc. will be getting fucked with 'anti-life' yea I think this is wants happening/going to happen
>>
>>81043203
Because he watched nothing but the fight on Youtube or couldn't look away from his phone long enough to keep track of what was happening. Or he has the memory retention of a goldfish.

There are just so many interesting possibilities.
>>
File: Darkseid.jpg (135KB, 736x626px) Image search: [Google]
Darkseid.jpg
135KB, 736x626px
>>81043785
Speaking of ancient Kryptonians, does anyone else happen to think those ships we see landing in the JL trailer look suspiciously Kryptonian?

I'm getting a Great Darkness Saga vibe.
>>
>>81043953
>suspiciously Kryptonian
faora coming back, really darkseid will bring back the kryptonias from the phantom zone or create his own using the codex, been almost sure about this since MoS
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.