[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, we're all in agreement that smoking while pregnant is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

File: skyler.jpg (35KB, 432x540px) Image search: [Google]
skyler.jpg
35KB, 432x540px
So, we're all in agreement that smoking while pregnant is much worse than anything Walt did, right?
>>
Women who smoke while pregnant are human garbage.
>>
>>81011585
I dunno, fetal alcohol downies or crack babies might beg to differ. Walt just did what he had to do sure, and question is loaded because everyone hated Skyler anyway.
>>
>>81011585
Walt did poison a kid that time, but yeah otherwise
>>
>>81011655
It was just a prank.
>>
>>81011685
LMAO
>>
>>81011655
He was a chemist, he knew how much to give him.
>>
>>81011704
oh, well i guess that makes the pain and suffering not real.
>>
>>81011723
Kids are resilient
>>
Let's be honest. There's too many shitty people in the world already. Whether it's killing drug addicts or babies the world doesn't need more of either.
>>
>>81011640
remind me, why exactly does everyone hate her? It's been a while since i watched breaking bad but i don't remember skyler doing anything seriously unjustifiable or crazy. walter and jesse were arguably worse people, so why all the hate?
>>
>>81011918
Because Walt is an escapist fantasy of a beta who finally lashes back out at the world, and Skyler is the voice of reason telling him he can't do things like kill people or cook meth.
>>
>>81011918
Can't tell if you're contrarian or just raised by a histrionic single mother.
>>
>>81011964
>fucking ted is reasonable
post tits
>>
>>81011985
please give me some examples of her wrongdoing then, i seriously can't remember any
besides her fucking ted. but didn't walt also bang some broad or something?
>>
>>81011704
I disagree. he nearly breaks down in relief when Jesse tells him Brock survived
>>
>>81012071
No he didn't
>>
>>81012071
>>81012122
He tried to fuck his boss when he found out about the fucking Ted incident.
>>
>>81012071
please post tits
>>
>>81012146
He didn't, though, you idiot, she's a whore.
>>
>>81012118
Well he was pushed into a corner and whose life is really worth more?
A kid with his whole life ahead of him, or a 50 year old man dying of cancer?
Walt did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>81012122
>>81012146
oh yea right. still, everything skyler did was understandable given the state of her and walt's marriage and his actions. i've just never understood why everybody seems to think she's in the wrong here

>>81012174
i'm a male misogynist. don't have any
>>
>>81012199
>i'm a male misogynist
Punctuation is important, sweetheart. Now post those tits.
>>
Enough of this stupid shit.

Skyeler is a bitch. A complete cunt.
Only toward the very end when Walt became unhinged / after Gus did she begin to start being right.

Every encounter they have is her being passive aggressive, berating, self righteous, and controlling.

Pretty sure the only reason she gave a shit at first is that he started to get a backbone and talk back.
>>
>>81012199
>everything skyler did was understandable
...if you were raised by a histrionic single mother
>>
>>81011918
Most of her actions were justifiable but scenes with her generally just feel like filler or boring drama imo. The car wash laundering plot point got old real fast
>>
>>81011918
To be honest on my second viewing Skyler didn't seem that bad at all apart from fucking Ted.

I guess there was no shock to that the second time though so it had less of a sting.

The main fact is that while watching week by week Walt seems like the loveable hero much more than when you know the big picture and Skyler seems unreasonable to hold him back and get in his way. To be honest it may all stem from the first episode where Walt is such a crushed little bitch and Skyler clearly despises him.
>>
>>81012249
projecting much?

>>81012288
>>81012305
right. this was pretty much the feeling i got of her too. thanks for the serious replies
>>
>>81012343
>he doesn't realize that "projecting" is just an intellectually insecure toddler's way of saying "no u"
>>
Smoking while being pregnant barely affects your baby development, look it down you faggots, it's way more dangerous drinking than smoking
>>
>>81012343
>the only serious replies are the ones that support my already held belief
>>
File: 1488743667898.png (159KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
1488743667898.png
159KB, 500x561px
>>81011918
>>81011585
>Oh no my husband has cancer

Better cheat on him

>Oh no my husband is doing bad things

Better be a bitch to him and then JOIN him like a hypocrite.

>it's my dying husband's birthday

Better be an attention whore and try to drown myself

>Oh no he's putting our lives in danger!

Sends her children to live with a handicapped DEA Agent who literally got recently crippled by ASSASSINS.

>keeps acting like she's a victim

Literally tries to stab her dying husband with a knife, """"hates"""" him for being a criminal but then becomes a criminal

All she does is bitch and contradict herself. That's literally all she did. She was a shitty character in every aspect. She wasn't even entertaining, all her scenes were a bore.
>>
Walt poisoned an innocent Child

Skylar technically poisoned her own child too, but it was HER child, she can do whatever the fuck she wants with it.
>>
File: 21512123123213.jpg (21KB, 434x375px) Image search: [Google]
21512123123213.jpg
21KB, 434x375px
>Skyler dindu nuffin!

>Except smoke while pregnant.
>Make her genius chemist husband work two jobs while she didn't work at all, knowing his research was making others billions.
>Neglect him heavily and give him a half-assed handjob on his 50th birthday while playing on eBay.
>Constantly run him down in front of his only son.
>Cover up both her sister and her boss's felonies, occasionally even becoming complicit in both of those, but hypocritically denouncing Walt who is the only one of the three actually making money for their family off his crimes.
>Admits to having smoked pot before, but still tries to drive off what she presumes is her dying cancerous husband's pot dealer.
>Demands to be let into the meth operation when she finds out and proceeds to do a shit job and bitch about being incapable of handling the job she coerced her way into.
>Steals all of the money being saved for the family for when Walt dies and gives it away to Ted.
>Attempts to murder Walt and when their son comes in and misreads her attack as Walt attacking her, doesn't correct him so she can further turn his own son against him.

I mean, the list goes on and on and on.

Oh! And

>I fucked Ted.
>>
>>81012443
Uh oh. The son of the histrionic single mother is rekt.
>>
>>81012118
Acting
>>
>>81012245
This, fucking this!?

>>81012427
It is bad ..
It endangers the baby, causing the baby to be born premature, having low birth weight baby, miscarriage, stillborn, lung problems, birth defects, sids
>>
>>81011704
If dosing with chemicals were that straightforward then pharmacists wouldn't need to spend so many years studying it.

There's many factors that influence what dose a person needs. Age, weight, medications, diet, family history, individual biology, medical problems, etc.

This gets much harder when you're dosing out a poison and not a medication. A dose a poison will show effects at is much closer to the LD50 of that drug than a medical dose of a drug like, for example, morphine.
>>
>>81012595
Nope, look it up. It was just a myth, there are a bunch of scientific articles and papers disproving that.
>>
>>81012732
Give me sources, then I'll agree with you.
>>
>>81012880
>Smoking during pregnancy is associated with pre- and postnatal growth retardation and increased risks of placental mortality, morbidity, and behavioral anomalies. The most likely explanation for these effects is that smoking causes fetal hypoxia resulting in interference with regulating state mechanisms and attenuation of cellular growth. In addition, smoking also increases the incidence of various complications of pregnancy which in turn compromises optimal development of the growing fetus.

http://www.jstor.org/stable/41464571?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
>>
>>81012922
>© 1980
Next you'll being praising the befits of bloodletting.
>>
>>81013021
Maybe you should post something disproving it
>>
>>81013021
>girls whose mothers smoked 10 or more cigarettes almost daily during pregnancy was raised as early as 1999 [9], and MSDP of ≥ 20 cigarettes per day has also been found to increase the risk of alcohol use disorder among offspring during a follow-up of 40 years [10]. Data from Finland have shown that MSDP is associated dose-dependently not only with psychiatric comorbidities [11] and increased use of psychotropic medications [12], but also with all-cause mortality up to age 20 years [11].

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/add.13642/full
>>
>>81013053
Try posting something from this century to actually prove your point before telling people to disprove it (which is totally not how arguments work, little kid).
>>
>>81012922
Do you need glasses?!
I said smoking is BAD...
>>
>>81013124
>The perinatal consequences of maternal smoking during pregnancy (MSDP), such as spontaneous abortion, stillbirth, ectopic pregnancy, fetal growth restriction and low birth weight (small for gestational age), premature birth, perinatal mortality, birth defects, sudden infant death, etc. [7] are well known,
>>
File: 1339021987801.png (664KB, 1274x526px) Image search: [Google]
1339021987801.png
664KB, 1274x526px
>>81011585
me spider monkey it won't do nada trust me
>>
>>81013124
>has also been found to increase the risk of alcohol use disorder among offspring during a follow-up of 40 years
What the fuck

Why would they even bother to monitor that
>>
>>81013308
Because that specific study is about health effects that last the entire lifetime of the child born to a mother who smoked during pregnancy
>>
>>81012922
>>81013124
These could both be linked just as easily to any low income risk factors as they could to smoking.

Honestly, you're just cherry picking things you think support you. I doubt you've read the cited works or have even thought critically about the methodology therein.

>>81013308
Just ignore it. They're reaching so hard it's not even funny. Completely ignoring the social element of dependency among low income people.
>>
>>81013438
Still haven't been able to find any scientific articles supporting your stance, i see
>>
>>81013438
>just ignore scientific data because i did the research they didn't
nah
>>
>>81013475
I'm not the guy you were arguing against. I'm the guy pointing out why your arguments are flawed.
>>
>>81013482
>i believe anything anyone tells me without questioning their motives or methods
Good goy.
>>
File: 1489809490091.jpg (99KB, 770x1237px) Image search: [Google]
1489809490091.jpg
99KB, 770x1237px
TFW my mom literally dropped smoking cold turkey when she got pregnant
>>
>>81013504
It's too bad that that article is about people of all incomes and not low-income
>>
>>81013533
>anyone
Stop putting words in my mouth you fucking homo. Don't take what i say, switch it around to fit what you want me to say, and claim I said it, you're not a fucking girl. You just ignore what you don't agree with, you'd rather your feelings be correct than actually be correct.
>>
my mummy smoked and drank when pregnant with me

I can't hold a pen in my hands because they shake too bad LOL
>>
>>81013559
I find it extremely doubtful that their distribution of smokers was evenly spread among income levels. Feel free to cite the information proving otherwise.
>>81013589
Did you read all the cited studies related to what was posted thoroughly? No? Then you'll believe anything anyone tells you without questioning their motives or methods. The fact that you don't realize this is just you being dense.

>inb4 b-b-but i did!
You didn't.
>>
>>81011964
If she didn't do shit, they'd be fine.
>>
>>81011585
Shut up, Marie.
>>
>>81013716
It specifically cites info used from "middle-income" families in the references.
Since you're the one making the claim that they only used low-income people, you have to prove it. I'm not going to look up your arguments for you, especially when you're obviously not reading the articles and attempting to debunk them without even offering up evidence of your own to back up your assertions.
>>
>>81011859
Too many shitty brown people, shlomo. We need every white baby we can get.
>>
>>81013848
What's their definition of "middle-income"? Or are you just reading the titles of the cited studies?
>>
>>81013534
>TFW my mom literally dropped smoking cold turkey when she got pregnant

> Takes a while to notice pregnancy
> Would have been a minimum of a month of smoking while she was pregnant with you
> Likely had withdrawal symptoms which can damage babies and cause side effects
> Likely smoked in secret
>>
>>81011585
Yep. There were legitimate justifications for everything Walt did. Can't say the same for Skylar.
>>
>>81013989
At least I'm reading the studies instead of looking for non-existent flaws and making unfounded assertions about a study's authenticity.

Why don't you read it?
>>
>>81011585
Walt almost raped her. That's worse than genocide.
>>
>>81014072
>At least I'm reading the studies
You're not. You're reading the names of cited studies.
>Why don't you read it?
Because I honestly don't care enough about an "argument" on 4chan. I've just been having fun pointing out your lack of intellectual rigor.
>>
>>81014072
>looking for non-existent flaws
As if you'd know. kek
>>
>>81014141
You haven't pointed out anything besides that you can't even read an article to find out the meaning of a term they use
>>
>>81014213
Says the kid who googled a summary and is trying to pretend he knows it's valid. No need to get butthurt. Just read what you want to pretend is evidence next time.
>>
>>81014285
I did. You clearly didn't even read it before deciding that the data from 300,000+ people are all low-income.

Why can't you bring up any proof to defend your claim? If it was all low-income like you say, it should be easy to verify. You also haven't even been able to provide evidence that the studied effects are due to "low-income" and not smoking
>>
>>81014395
>>inb4 b-b-but i did!
We've been over this. You lost.
>>
>>
>>81014490
Can't argue against somebody who won't even back up their claims
>>
>>81014672
>he comes to 4chan for arguments
gg reddit
>>
>>81013718
Patently untrue.
>>
>>81011585
>we're all in agreement that smoking is much worse than anything Walt did, right?

Agreed
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.