[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll never experience something like this in a movie theater

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 15

File: The Dark Knight.jpg (210KB, 3650x1550px) Image search: [Google]
The Dark Knight.jpg
210KB, 3650x1550px
>>
>>81009773
I remember it going dead quiet when this scene came on
>>
>>81009773
What's so special about this scene?
>>
>>81009773
Fuck man,time flies...

>be in switzerland at some sort of a tech shop
>all the tvs are playing the trailers for this
>I don't understand the word they are saying but the nerd next to me explained the gist of the trailer

Has it already been 10 fucking years?
>>
>>81009773

do people really think that this movie is the second coming of Christ, or are they meme because Heath Ledger died and gave it a "tragic " publicity push?

asking for a friend
>>
>>81012161
Its the epitome of what capeshit can and ever will be. There's no need for any other cape movie after this. It says all there is to say about the medium.
>>
>>81010769
same and during the "LOOK AT ME" scene too. you could hear a pin drop
>>
>>81012220

thanks for clarifying
>>
>>81012161

it was a good fucking movie especially in theaters with a decent atmosphere, stop being a contrarion faggot for 5 seconds in your life and just admit that it was a decent flick specially for a capeshit movie
>>
>>81012161
There have been like 20 capeshits since this came out and none has been close to it
>>
>>81012220
but the movie is dumb won't even bother writing why the joker's actions make no sense, the action is bad just check out some video analysis on the car chase scene, it's awful from a technical standpoint, and it drags like 30 minutes too long.
It's nothing spectacular. Even among capeshit movies, it's overrated as fuck
>>
>>81009773
>>81010769
>>81012220
It's comforting that contrarian Nolan-hating has faded out.
>>
capeshit will never surpass kaijuKino

aka shin gojira atomic breath scenes
>>
>>81012293

you will never convince us that this is a bad movie. please continue to try.
>>
>>81012293
>video analysis
Neck yourself, neckbeard.
>>
>>81012293
what if you're dumb as opposed to the acclaimed movie being dumb?
>>
It was a great movie and a great theater experience.
>>
File: qY3UkAHufLY.movieposter_maxres.jpg (41KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
qY3UkAHufLY.movieposter_maxres.jpg
41KB, 300x426px
I know that fucking feel bro.

I remember the manager of the cinema came into our theater and was telling everyone that we couldn't sit on the floor or save seats for anyone. People ended standing on the sides just to see this movie, it was a fucking event and we won't see anything like it for a long time
>>
>>81012293
What capeshits are bette than TDK

I swear to god if you say anything in the MCU or DCEU you'll meet Kagushijiro (my katana spirit name)
>>
>>81012161
It was quite a cinematic experience and most normies experienced IMAX for the first time so it was a great package.
And it was Batman and Joker coming back in film form after all these years, imagine the TFA hype but with literally everyone on the planet praising it.
>>
>>81010769
>I remember it going dead quiet when this scene came on
If you can hear people eating food, drinking, etc then your theater has a shitty audio. Now do the bit where you and your bud looked eachother in the eyes and grinned when X did the Y.
>>
>>81009773
He sucked.
>>
>>81012220
It's barely even capeshit.
>>
>>81012322
you'll find out on your own when you watch a good movie or two

>>81012331
>he can't watch a movie from a technical point of view as opposed to turning his brain off
feel sorry for you

>>81012344
>acclaimed movie
it's capeshit and it got noms because ledger died. If you base your rating of movies on awards then titanic must be a wonderful film, and everyone who's not an aunt knows it's shit

>>81012363
unbreakable is the first thing that comes to mind.
I won't deny that most of marvel's movies are dumb fun colorful flicks. Then again, DC's are even worse trying to be dark and serious like a teenager who listens to metal but also wears anime shirts would.
Watchmen is also fairly good
>>
>>81012357
>When the masses are so fucking braindead they all march into the theater like mindless faggots to watch hot wet diarrhea splatter all over the source material of the greatest hero of all time
>>
>>81012371
you should stop doing the bit where you and your subpar wit work in tandem to act cunty on a mongolian throatsinging cunieform
>>
>>81009773
>I'll never experience something like this in a movie theater again

Being shot?
>>
>>81009773
>I'll never experience something like this in a movie theater again
>movie theater

There's your problem
>>
>>81012293
I watched that video analysis, most of it was contradictory, some of it was flatout wrong, and the rest was nitpicky. The whole "what side of the car was Harvey Dent REALLY on" is so unimportant it's untrue.
>>
>>81012293
His actions makes no sense because he is a Joker. He is the antithesis to the Batman, he destroys because as long as there is a force like Batman in the world he will be the shadow of that force.
Its the Jungian and Hegelian dialectics that comics dabble in and resolves it in a movie format. There is no need for capeshit ever again, nothing can be said about the medium that The Dark Knight doesn't say.
>>
>>81012371
There's almost no sound whatsoever except a low silent hum during this scene you ignorant pretentious cunt, even if he watched it in a theater with the best sound system in the world he would hear people eating/drinking if they were doing that because there is almost no sound coming from the speakers in that specific scene
>>
>mfw never again get to experience this film and all the emotions it brought
>>
>>81012474
>the masses
>braindead
>the greatest hero of all time

the irony from a guy who worships a cartoon character written for the mass
>>
>>81012466
Marvel movies aren't fun. They're torpid, bland, drama-free commercials, devoid of humanity, wit, or any kind of tension. All Marvel makes are trailers for other products, now, and they consistently mistake snark for humour. Being a dick isn't being funny.
>>
>>81012520
it's not about what side of the car he was, it's that there's a "camerawork 101" thing that says that the camera must stay on one side of the 360 degrees of a thing happening. (meaning, one half of the full circle)

Like. if a character is talking to another character, one would be taken from the left, the other from the right.
If both were taken from the right, you'd be like "wtf, they were talking to each other, face to face? then why the fuck did they both look left?"

same thing applies to more complex situations like a car chase. And nolan did it wrong
>>
>>81012576
yeah whatever. They're watchable. DC is cringe. Not even fairly fun.

>>81012539
>the joker doesn't have to make any sense whatsoever because he's a joker
okay.. sure. Except it makes the plot have no sense, therefore the movie has no sense
>>
>>81012575
Don't worship him, hes just an awesome hero and my personal favorite, and they made him look like a roided up retard.
>>
File: character_18774_f.jpg (116KB, 384x400px) Image search: [Google]
character_18774_f.jpg
116KB, 384x400px
>>81012474
batman isn't even close to the greatest hero of all time

he's a faggot autist

fucking ricochet is cooler than batman
>>
>>81012599
I'm not even a nolan fan but
>doing something "wrong" in an art form
No such thing. Imagine if dissonance in music were always considered wrong and no on ever used it.
>>
>>81012293

I don't think the use of allegory and symbolism in the Dark Knight is particularly layered or complex, so it's something of a tragedy that you're not capable of grasping even that basic use of metaphor.

The Joker chooses his name and calling card from the wild card in a standard deck. The reason a Joker was chosen to be the wild card was because the face cards are based on a royal court, and a court jester was somebody with the license to mock the King or Queen with impunity - this is reflected in Shakespeare's plays, where the Fool is simultaneously buffoon and satirist, someone who can criticise and expose the tyrannies of the Court.

The Joker's entire ethos is based on speaking truth to power - on mocking and shaming the establishment by exposing its hypocrisies and inconsistencies by disrupting their efforts to control the game/ the nation through unscripted acts of chaos and insurrection. He is a wild card who overturns the rules of the game, and a clown who overturns the laws of the land.
>>
>>81012357
Wait what? Since when did theaters oversell tickets? Don't lie to me, I've been to plenty showings where theaters are packed front to back.
>>
Best theatrical experiences for me:

>Dark Knight
>Star Wars Episode 2 (bad movie but the crowd was fun)
>Dragon Ball: Resurrection F (turbo autismo enthusiastic crowd like me)
>The VVitch (just for loling@ all the walkouts at the start)
>>
>>81012671
They're watchable in the same sense rice is edible. It lacks flavour and nutrition, but it will take up your effectively.
>>
>>81012293

>the joker's actions make no sense

it makes no sense in a context where the story has to make sense by real world standards, but it is a fucking Batman story so you're supposed to go "Oh I see they're making a point by using these iconic characters and settings in a contemporarily relevant fashion."

You're suppopsed to view it like a Grimm's Fairly tale for of story. You wouldn't say that The Story of the Little Red Riding Hood doesn't make sense simply because wolves can't actually talk?
>>
>>81012795
>all the walkouts at the start
wat
>>
>>81012771
It was a newly open IMAX and I just remember the manager telling us that it would be over packed
>>
>>81012599
>nolan made one mistake so the whole film is shiitttttt

lmao

You really think Nolan (or Wally Pfister, the cinematographer) doesn't know what the 180 rule is?
It is literally the first thing you learn in film school. And the last the you learn is that you can break those rules if it supports the narrative (for example purposefully disorienting the viewer, making the viewer feel unease)

Kubrick did it all the time.
>>
>>81012889
>one mistake
the whole movie was a mistake
>>
>>81012912
hehe great constructive argument my friend, I'm sure you are a highly intellectual individual yourself and not at all a triggered flaming contrarian hehe
>>
>>81012868

Do you live in some Thunderdome society or whatever? Because if that shit happened in America the place would probably get sued and shut down for fire code violations.
>>
>>81012945
shut the fuck up you loser
>>
>>81012599
>muh 180 rule
Once you get out of film school and start getting some actual experience in you'll learn that the "rules" are actually just guidelines and breaking them isn't inherently a mistake.
>>
File: FUCK THAT IS DUMB.gif (2MB, 295x270px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK THAT IS DUMB.gif
2MB, 295x270px
>>81012740
Who?
>>
>>81012764
>allegory, symbolism, metaphor, shakespeare, ethos, establishment
yeah.. you read way too much on this. I assume you're an autist since you seem to have something of value in that brain, sadly you waste it on a shitty movie

>>81012823
i can't disagree to that

>>81013011
>>81012889
>>81012754
>implying nolan was breaking rules in prupose
sure guys... his film sure was breaking rules all over the place. It wasn't an absolutely "stick to the book" hollywood action movie. It clearly was breaking all rules of common mainstream movies and that is what the untrained eye perceives as A SHITTY MOVIE
>>
File: 2842234-letter_79.jpg (21KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
2842234-letter_79.jpg
21KB, 320x320px
>>81013050
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (7KB, 200x169px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
7KB, 200x169px
>TFW I will never experience something like this in a kinoplex ever again
https://youtu.be/sPpWzS3nCwM
>>
>>81013135
You think mundane by the book camera movement is what's going to make a movie more memorable to plebs?
>>
>>81012599
A lot of the Jim Emerson stuff is purely subjective asides, though; pointless snark that detracts from the thrust of his argument, which is the apparent visual incoherence or incompetence of the Dark Knight.

"It would have been much more effective to go into this next shot"

"The Joker's appearance is so brief it's not very effective"

On what basis is he judging effect? Why would it be more effective to go into the next shot? Why is the brevity of the Joker's appearance ineffective? If anything, his appearance is shocking and alarming - which, to me, is effective. He's not established a rule or standard by which to measure effect, and as such, the critique is fairly shallow and not worthy of much evaluation.

Unfortunately, the trend continues, and Emerson's assessment is not an objective analysis of angles and framing to demonstrate the incoherence of the sequence, relying on conventional standards of film-making as the pole by which to measure deviation, but a directionless audio-commentary which meanders into baseless opinion - and I say baseless because he doesn't anchor his criticisms to any kind of argument.

Even when he does focus on cinematic convention, his argument seems particularly shallow and ill-considered. The 180 rule IS a standard...if you're not trying to disorient the audience, which, in fact, is exactly the EFFECT that Nolan is going for, considering that Harvey is inside the truck and is similarly discombobulated. The seeming visual incoherence of the scene is a thematic parallel to Harvey's internal experience of the situation - which is not something Emerson seems to have the imagination to consider. He doesn't understand that cinematic conventions aren't immutable laws, and (for some inexplicable reason) he doesn't understand why the director of Memento, Insomnia and The Prestige isn't trying to deliver a standardised action movie.
>>
>>81013135
> I assume you're an autist since you seem to have something of value in that brain,

I'm going to assume you yourself are autistic if you think that's a measure of having a "valuable" brain
>>
>>81012970
hehe sure thing buddy right on
>>
>>81012599

The problem is you have no analysis of your own of the movie, and lack the ability to critique it independently, and as such you've just aggregated some prevailing contrarian opinions and tried to weld them together into a position you've found you can't argue, because you don't understand it.
>>
>>81013211
you think shaky badly placed cameras are better than mundane by the book placed cameras?
i'd rather take a pristine "this is being done since the early 80s but it's done flawlessly" over "this guy tried some gimmick and now the scene is a total mess"
>>
>>81013368
It's not a mess unless the audiences perceive it as such. Nolan more than obviously prides himself on being unconventional in his directing and he is successful. Your critique falls flat.
>>
>>81013363
excuse me but i've been arguing about it for a while now. You on the other hand focus on me, my opinions, ,y ability to defend my opinions and the way i do so, over defending the movie, because you have no way of defending a shitty movie

>>81013283
im not gonna read that shit. Nolan didn't try to confuse us whatsoever. And "the director of the prestige and memento" (havent seen the other one) has a lot to thank to whoever edited memento because otherwise it'd be a very mediocre movie. Prestige is a shymalalan tier "twist ending" kinda movie. He's bad and his movie is a total standarised action movie. Don't pretend it's something else. Otherwise tell me ANYTHING ELSE that makes it anything more than a common action movie with guys in costumes

>>81013420
>hurr the audiences like this therefore it's good
worst argument ever. Nolan is a bad director and i think most people know so, just like tarantino is also a bad director who had a fluke with pulp fiction
>>
>>81012293
>video analysis of a chase scene
reminds of that analyzing of a lightsaber fight.. who gives a shit?
>>
I feel like I'm alone disliking the Tom Waits Joker Heath Ledger had going on.
>>
>>81013556
>hurr the audiences like this therefore it's good
What fucking else do you think matters when it comes to a mainstream flicks made to make money.
>>
>>81013556
We have but when we do you say "I'm not reading it".

You can't defend or support your "own" opinions because you've just culled them from more intelligent people, which is why you're incapable of articulating any kind of defence of THEIR positions. All you can do is repeat the same baseless assertions over and over - you're making claims and then not backing them up. Anyway, read this guy that I just found rebutting Jim Emerson and hopefully your ideas will be slightly more developed.

(you'll have to google joseph kahn blogspot analyzing action, because the system thinks the link is spam)

Everything you need to know has already been expressed in this thread, though, so if you want to be convinced you'll have to read what people have said.
>>
>>81012371
That's the gayest thing I've ever seen on 4chan
>>
>>81013607
I always called him doped out emo Joker but then I found out who Tom Waits was.
>>
TDK is well shot, well acted and well written so it's already better than 90% of capeshit.
>>
>>81013819
>Now do the bit where you and your bud looked eachother in the eyes and grinned when X did the Y
It happened to me like a decade ago. I still cringe when I remember it.
>>
this movie blows buffalo dick and heat legends performance was mediocre at best

if he hadnt died he wouldnt have gotten any praise

search whats left of your ragged souls, you know its true
>>
This movie is fucking terrible save for Ledger's spirited performance as le random hobo anarchist man.

Watchmen, MoS, BvS > Nolan flicks
GotG, Ant-Man, Strange > Nolan flicks
Super, Unbreakable, Kick-Ass > Nolan flicks
>>
File: Gay Link.jpg (82KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Gay Link.jpg
82KB, 450x450px
>>81013194
He looks like a twink
>>
>>81012293
>just check out some video analysis on the car chase scene, it's awful from a technical standpoint
I know exactly which autistic little video you're referring to

kys
>>
>>81014037
>GotG, Ant man, Strange
>better
okay lets not get too carried away here.
>>
>>81012293
>ch-check out a youtube analysis breakdown of the scenes, these armchair directors are more knowledgeable than nolan, they just never had their chance

B R A V O A N O N
>>
>>81013947
I don't know who's trolling who anymore but memes aside, his performance was brilliant because you can't find a single shred of Heath Ledger in his portrayal of The Joker.
He was The Joker, yes it sound cheesy but he really embodied him in every conceivable way. And that's what acting is about really.

You don't have to like written character and his written characteristics if you're a source material nerd, but you are objectively wrong if you think Heath Ledger made a poor performance in the film.
>>
>>81014037
Kek what awful taste
>>
>>81014249
This.
it may sound cringey but the performance was brilliant in terms of acting ability.

the film would likely have been boring as fuck if not for him.
>>
>>81013750
what am i not defending from my position?
exactly what? it's an easy rebuttal to get all "you're just repeating stuff you don't understand i already proved you wrong" about your weak response.

>>81014152
it is autistic but it makes a few good points

>>81014234
i point you in that direction because you can't see that by yourselves, kids
>>
>>81012599

those things aren't laws hewn into stone tablets brought by moses from the mountain mate. They are just suggestions for how to not confuse the audience. If the audience is not confused, there's no problem. It is that simple.

It's like if you take a few lessons in script writing and the guy tells you to not use a narrator. He isn't that that it is 100% wrong to use a narrator and that every movie that has ever used a narrator is worthless garbage, it is more that he's saying you really should avoid using a narrator because it is a common mistake people make when starting out in script writing.

Likewise, those camera 101 rules are common mistakes people make when starting out and good things to keep in mind. but sometimes, you can run into a logistical problem on set where you have to break these rules because you might have to knock a whole in a load bearing wall to get the "right" angle in a shot. If you're shooting a high paced action sequence, such problems are quite common and one of the reasons action sequences often end up not being as awesome as everyone might have wanted them to be.
>>
>>81014249
i didnt say it was poor, i said it was mediocre which it was
>>
>>81014037
Watchmen MoS and BvS are all better than Nolan true but that other marvelshit is trash. almost unwatchable.
>>
>>81014202
I'm not, I promise. It sounds like hyperbole to Nolan fans maybe but Gunn's direction is terrific, as a comic book film it's nearly perfect. Ant-Man is a self continued human story with fun action, and Strange is a more interesting 'Begins.'

Nolan's clunky and sloppy as a director, void of visual inspiration. The dialogue is always so hamfisted and obvious. These films are severely overrated. Ashamed to be capeshit yet not actually good enough to work as proper films.

Those Marvel flicks I listed, not as good as Snyder, at least know what they are.
>>
>>81014269
Kek i'd say the same
>>
>>81014305
>kids
>when he has a childish argument telling everyone to watch a literal youtube analysis of one of the better directors working today

wew
>>
>>81013363
nailed it
>>
If Heath Ledger had not died, then this performance of Joker would have still been good - but the movie would'nt have gotten nearly as much money.

Primarily people saw it under the mistaken belief that it was Heath's last movie - a title i believe belongs to 'the imaginarium of doctor parnassus'

The movie is 'good', not 'great'. The boat scene at the end is pure bullshit and everyone knows it but nobody seems to actually mention it.
>>
>>81014309
you people keep repeating nolan did it on prupose to confuse us, but i'm pretty sure that wasn't his intention. I mean, why would he try to confuse us as to where some cop car showed up from, or from which side harvey dent's truck was hit? what's the point, what does that add to the narrative? don't pretend he was trying to confuse us, he's no david lynch. It's just bad camerawork.

>>81014400
>one of the better directors working today
you don't watch much movies do you? also, again, i point to you to that video because you couldn't possibly analize a movie like that. I'm pretty sure you haven't studied film at all, ever
>>
>>81014390
But if you actually think that BvS is better than batman begins or the dark knight then you are literally retarded.
>>
>>81013607
we're all very impressed by your special snowflake opinions
>>
>>81012573
wrong movie bubs
>>
>>81014305
>it is autistic but it makes a few good points
no it doesn't
>>
>Joker: I don't want to kill you!

>earlier
>It's simple: we kill the Batman
Hmm
>>
>>81014524
wonderful rebbutal bro. You sure showed him
>>
>>81013135

Just because someone uses big words to describe themes and plot of a fairly simple film doesn't mean they've overanalyzed the film. Sometimes, the concepts in a film is just filled with stuff that when you put it into semantically correctly language sounds very strange.

It's like when people give you a correct definition of geometic objects like squares and tell you that it is "A polygon with four sides were all interor angles are right and have a sum of 360 degrees"
>>
>>81014465
>"analize"

Kek

I knew you would jump on "one of the better" because you are easily bated and obviously close minded, better doesnt mean best or placed anywhere in a list, it means he's one of the better directors working today. Name 5 directors working today that make better popcorn flicks.
>>
Heath Ledger's death really made this movie hype to see in theaters.

>theater is 100% sold out
>as soon as he takes off his mask at the end of the robbery scene, crowd does that weird oHhh noise movie theater crowds make when they realize something
>everyone is kind of darkly laughing at the Joker's scenes (magic trick!) until the video with Brian--or rather, even laughing during the first part of that (the "shh shh shhhh" where he pats Brian's cheek got chuckles)
>and then
>LOOK AT ME
>everyone fucking noise in that theater stopped
>rest of the Joker's scenes no laughing, just tension
>>
>>81014525
he was lying to the crimelords to get their money, jesus have marvel flicks made you this dense?
>>
>>81014471
Interesting insight anon, about what i'd expect.
>>
>>81012795
>The VVitch
Exact same experience. Me and my friend had just come down off acid and decided to go see it but there were no good times at our usual theater so we had to go to a more "urban" one. People were walking out after the baby scene, and as soon as the movie ended people started complaining about wasting money on that piece of shit. I think its one of the best horror films of all time and one of my favorite theater experiences.
>>
>>81014629
Explain how BvS is better than the dark knight or batman begins. Genuinely please do, this will be hilarious.
>>
>>81014591
Except he didn't want the money, hence why he burned it.
>>
>a bunch of neck beards who hate anything that's popular because they are social outcasts think they know about movies while posting on a nepalsese cartoon website

Top jej, there's a reason normal people don't converse with you

Pro tip: it's because you're all retards
>>
>>81014465
>what does that add to the narrative

I never said it added anything. My point was that it doesn't take away anything from the narrative other than upset a few people who are confused as to why anyone would ever not follow the 101 rules. Again, it is like complaining about narration even when it isn't really done that badly simply because it wasn't done with supreme mastery.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 480x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 480x340px
>>81009773
I remember the first time I posted on /tv/ was the night this movie premiered, I remember everyone speculating about if Two-Face survived and what the third movie would be.

I miss back when I had some hype for capeshit, Marvel really ruined everything for me.
>>
File: you using big words.jpg (20KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
you using big words.jpg
20KB, 512x384px
>>81014572
>that make better popcorn flicks
now you just proved your original statement wrong, didn't you?

it's like i say "this chef is one of the best chefs working today" and then add "oh yeah? well name 10 better chefs that flip burgers at mcdonalds"

>>81014571
smart people know "short is better". Using big words is for pretentious fuckers and dumb people appearing to be smart using a bunch of shits they've read

>>81014815
you don't make any sense. If having a scene shot in a confusing way serves no prupose to the narrative then it shouldn't be confusing. You think they shoot the scenes without any planning on which kinda framing to use, if traveling or panning and stuff? it's all scripted and it all has a reason to be. Don't be dumb. Cinema is a visual media, the way things present themselves is a HUGE part of what's happening, not just what you see "oh, a car bumped into the other one".
>>
>>81014764
and how is that relevant? he took away their money that they loved so desperately and showed he doesn't even need it.
>>
>>81012293
imagine being so autistic you can't enjoy things

what a horrible life
>>
>>81014951
You genuinely sound like you're on the autism spectrum, anon

Although I'm sure you take that as a compliment.
>>
File: 1490296011956.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490296011956.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>81014751
>K-keep typing out your opinions to me so I can disregard them w/o offering any of my own.

First, Snyder's direction is beautiful. The cinematography mythic and painterly. The action lucidly and elegantly directed. It plays as an event comic realized in live action. A joy to behold. Compared of course to Nolan's dour, empty world and inept action directing.

The characters feel like real men, with love and rage, as opposed to Nolan's asexual eunuch of a Batman.

Snyder's Batman is...Batman. Fighting a never ending war on criminals as a champion martial artist. Not throwing telegraphed haymakers and retiring after collaring 4 criminals to hobble around the mansion crying for 8 years.

The score is memorable. There's more than one good actor. Great world building. I can go on and on.
>>
>>81012357

Its almost like everyone experienced the same feels.in the theatre
>>
>>81015042
>tries to explain why BvS is better than TDK
>can't do it without bringing up TDKR

saw that coming
>>
>>81014994
imagine thinking some dude is autistic for saying TDK is shit, even when he's right and there's a thousand better movies available out there for free, and even when he didn't say he didn't enjoy watching it back then, he just said it's not THE BEST CAPESHIT EVER WILL BE

>>81015039
you're out of arguments huh? that post had a good defense of my arguments so you can't use your "boohoo you stole that idea from someone else and you're wrong nolan is best director and he did it to confuse people because he's a mastermind and the audience loves him so im right"
>>
>>81014964
The whole mention of money is irrelevant, yet you brought it up. I pointed out a simple script-writing inconsistency. Calm down.
>>81015042
>The score is memorable
Factually incorrect
>>
>>81010769

>this is unusual in a american theater

i really like the dark knight but i think logan has surpassed it as the true capekino king
>>
>>81015104
frig off autist
>>
>>81015042

These are the people your posting with.

Just let that sink in.
>>
>>81015104
>that post had a good defense of my arguments
no it didn't

you're just repeating yourself
>>
>>81015115
except it's not a script-writing inconsistency. you do realize characters can lie right?
>>
>>81015093
>Avoiding any insight of your own.

I did not see that coming.
>>
>>81015154
then why can't you prove me wrong? i'm repeating it so it gets inside your head for good. Nolan had no reason to make "confusing" a scene that had no point being confusing. It's bad camerawork. Prove me wrong or stop the argument

>>81015144
shut up, go jerk off to bane or something
>>
>>81015190
Now you're just deflecting

You brought TDKR into the comparison.
>>
>>81015214
>then why can't you prove me wrong?
because you are not presenting a falsifiable arguement
>>
>>81015216
*I'm* deflecting. Riiight. You have yet to offer any original thoughts.

Yes, I guess I partially compared Snyder's films to all three of the Nolan films, rather than the two you chose, as if they're any better. You got me on a technicality rendering my entire opinion moot my autistic friend.
>>
>>81015315
>I guess I partially compared Snyder's films to all three of the Nolan films
because you can't compare TDK to BVS on its own merits
>>
>>81015250
>falsifiable argument
lol wut, don't make me repost that simpsons picture.

My argument is simple yet you can't prove it wrong. The car chase had no issue being "confusing" then why is the camerawork confusing? WHY. TELL ME WHY OR SHUT THE FUCK UP BITCH and if you say "it's not confusing" you're either lying or you don't know shit about what you're talking about
>>
>>81014951
>If having a scene shot in a confusing way serves no prupose to the narrative then it shouldn't be confusing.

Look, the point I'm making is that there is nothing to indicate that anyone actually was confused by this moment in the film. People aren't saying that this rule should be followed most of of the time,. but rather that in this particular case it is literally ireelevant how he shot it because the confusion is so slight that most people are able to resolve it before the scene is over.

>Wait, what happen just now?
>Oh I see

That confusion followed by understanding is not a mistaken result of bad film making, it is completely normal.
>>
>>81014951
>now you just proved your original statement wrong, didn't you?

Not at all, i said he was one of the better directors working today, which is true, and said he was great at popcorn flicks, which is true. Its more like saying "here is the best italian chef" than your backwards analogy.

No one thinks you're smart after your "analize" error, stop trying so hard, your stupidity is glowing.

>Using big words is for pretentious fuckers and dumb people appearing to be smart using a bunch of shits they've read

Wew lad
>>
>>81015405
>The car chase had no issue being "confusing" then why is the camerawork confusing?
You're begging the questions. I don't accept this premise.

I wasn't confused by the scene. Mouth-breathing normies weren't confused by the scene. It seems like the only person who was confused was you, because a youtube video told you that you were supposed to be.
>>
>>81015135
No
>>
>>81014951
>smart people know "short is better". Using big words is for pretentious fuckers and dumb people appearing to be smart using a bunch of shits they've read

>people actually replying to this idiot
>>
>>81015458
just because you can manage to make sense of it when its over doesn't mean the scene is garbage, just like the fights in "iron fist" are shit because they have 49 takes, even if you get that he's fighting them with martial arts and you get at the end that he won.

>>81015471
you added the "at popcorn flicks" on a second post, because you too know he's not even close to being a top 20 director "overall". He's just one of the biggest working on hollywood right now.

>>81015540
nope. There's cars showing up from nowhere, the angles are all wrong. You might not notice since it all happens super fast. That doesn't make it any less confusing and bad. You're just used to the "shock" treatment movies abuse now, and you can't feel any of those badly executed things.

>>81015581
>i can't explain stuff in a simple way, therefore im gonna drop all those big words i've learnt from my film book, that will show i know what im talking about and make my opinion hold more weight
k
>>
I saw this in theaters twice, once in 1989. Why can't Nolan take his head out his ass and make something original instead of copying better Batman movies?
>>
>>81015641
>You might not notice since it all happens super fast. That doesn't make it any less confusing and bad

maybe nobody got confused, but that doesn't make it any less confusing!

do you even hear yourself
>>
>>81015371
Right. Great showing today, anon, a lot to think about.
>>
>>81014951

The problem with being short worded is that often your meaning in not entirely clear. Like if you say that a square is a shape with four equal sides, that might work if you're talking into a child but an person with a little more understanding will usually be able to point out the fact that a rhombus isn't a square even if both have four equal sides.

If all you can say as a response to someone is "Stop using big words you fucking nerd" then you're probably just being stupid and nobody will take you seriously.
>>
>>81015641
Easily the biggest retard i've ever seen on /tv/
>>
>>81012277
Shame the ending was shit though.
>>
>>81015713
do YOU hear what im saying? do you know what "shock" means? go read benjamin. It means you don't feel shit, you don't process all that information, it's all happening too fast. You never bothered with it. But if you do, you'd see it is confusing. You're saying you werent confused, but you can't prove it's not confusing from a camerawork pov. Because it is

>>81015733
except i replied at his arguments too. He just writes like an autist tryhard.

>>81015750
stop you'll hurt my feelings

why do you people try so hard to avoid admitting TDK is a mediocre movie at best? chill out, you're still allowed to enjoy it
>>
>>81015641
>being this mad / retarded / illiterate / missing peoples points
>>
>>81015833
why do you try so hard to convince people TDK is a mediocre movie at best? chill out, you're still allowed to hate it.
>>
>>81015833
If the movie does not confuse the viewer, then your complaint about confusing camera work is pedantic.
>>
>>81015641

Oh the scene might not be good as a whole, but the point you were making was that it was confusing, but you can't really demonstrate that anyone actually was confused. Had people actually been confused, pointing out this detail as a seemingly trivial but ultimately key reason as to why that is, people would take you seriously, but you aren't. You're just grasping at straws.
>>
>>81015922
>>81015833
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>81015405
>>falsifiable argument
>lol wut, don't make me repost that simpsons picture.
>too stupid to know what falsifiable means
jesus fucking christ, kill yourself.
>>
File: IMG_7608.png (163KB, 176x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7608.png
163KB, 176x420px
>>81012293
GR8B8M8
>>
>>81014566
>him
nicely samefagged, autism supreme
>>
>>81016406
>I was only pretending to be retarded
too late for that, dumbass.
>>
>>81009773
damn this board is pleb as fuck. /film/ when?
>>
>>81016658
fuck this shit, /cel/ when?
>>
File: Nope.jpg (5KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Nope.jpg
5KB, 480x360px
>>81010769
This was probably the best scene to sit through in a theater. From completely silent to hearing someone go Oh shit. Saw it twice and I could tell both times the theater shit themselves when he talked.

Which was funny cause seeing a planet of the apes film you would expect the talking but by this point in the movie everyone figured the chimps would not talk at all, and yet we were still taken by surprise
>>
File: 1440105308743.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1440105308743.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>81017497
>mfw people laughed in this scene
>>
>>81012220
Watchmen too
>>
>>81017497
oh yeah

mediocre movie but that scene was stellar
>>
>>81018402
Watchmen was a mediocre adaptation of a story that was made specifically for the comicbook format

Snyder makes pretty pictures, but he really doesn't understand the meaning behind them. BvS is what happens when Snyder tries to make his "own" Watchmen. 2 hours of on-the-nose symbolism, and then they team up to fight a goofy CGI troll at the end.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.