[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that this was way more effective than the queen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (430KB, 1008x676px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
430KB, 1008x676px
Can we all agree that this was way more effective than the queen in Aliens? To this day, I still have no idea why it was cut
>>
>>81008507
Because it was actually horror
>>
>>81008550
Exactly, when this scene gave me my first existential crisis
>>
>>81008550
>>81008679
That's nothing... Brett completing covered in slime scared the fuck out of me as the kid. One of the most creepiest moments in the whole movie. Such a shame it was cut because if people saw this in the cinema they would have been ultimately scared.
>>
>>81008507
>To this day, I still have no idea why it was cut

Takes five seconds in google to find the answer.

>The entire sequence was cut as director Ridley Scott felt it slowed down the final act of the film
>>
>>81008507

good thread my favorite part was when you linked to the scene on youtube so I knew what you were talking about
>>
This always seemed kind of hokey to me, like in a 50's alien B-movie kind of way that didn't fit with the rest of the movie. How does it turn humans into an egg?
>>
>>81009457
This. OP btfo by sarcasm
>>
>>81009457
not OP but here you go, since you obviously don't know how to use google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6dSIMFo7iU
>>
>>81009436
>ridley scott then goes on to release and recut some of the slowest movies imaginable
>>
>>81009625

Fucking Christ. I'm a little nauseous.
>>
>>81009520
Not knowing is the scariest part of it.
>>
File: alien3_pic1.jpg (192KB, 1896x794px) Image search: [Google]
alien3_pic1.jpg
192KB, 1896x794px
Also saw it as part of the alien species flexibility and genetic adaptability. If no Queen present then even drones have a way of making eggs/facehuggers to produce one.

Saw another part of it in Alien3 when the one that came from the dog looked dog-like in appearance: indicating that they borrow some design elements from their host to ensure they fit the environment - something which was expanded upon a lot in the 90s/00s Dark Horse comics.
>>
>>81009625
Never shown in the original cut but yet it had such a huge influence on the atmosphere processoer setting of the first big action sequence in Aliens. Very Gigeresque.
>>
>>81011753
Yeah, then they fucked it up by introducing the queenly
>>
>>81011638

Didn't realise how similiar the one (first ever one?) in Alien Covnenant is to the Alien 3 one.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.