[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this show not going great? It's pretty much on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

File: The-Expanse-on-Syfy.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The-Expanse-on-Syfy.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
How is this show not going great?

It's pretty much on the same level as BSG in terms of how much Syfy has invested in it
>>
>convoluted plot
>lousy pacing
>that indian woman with the stupid voice

BSG was way better than this.
>>
>>81004511
it was doing great till the alien zombies came in.

its all about zombies ffs
>>
>>81004511
>not going great
Didn't it get a greenlight for season 3?
>>
>>81005276
One of the testimonial quotes on the books was something like
"One of the best stories about vomit zombies I have ever read."
By some other writer, probably GRRM.

So clearly the authors are laughing about it a bit too but it has layers, like an onion. To say something is worthless because it has one element you dislike really says more about you than the thing you are discussing.
>>
>>81004869
>BSG was way better than this.

season 3 and 4 were pieces of shit
>>
>>81005307

Yup.

It's been said before but there are two things in play here.

One is that Nielson numbers don't matter as much as they did before. Netflix (or in this case, Amazon IIRC) has changed things since they can make money on that. Ad buys might be lower but the distribution deals for streaming can make up for that.

The thing is that SyFy appears to be serious about re-branding itself as a no-shit SyFy/Fantasy channel and sees The Expanse as a centrepiece of that attempt. It's not like Dark Matter or Killjoys set the world on fire either but they renewed those as well.
>>
>>81004511
Lack of good actors. I like the show but the cast barely keeps it together, it was ok with Thomas Jane holding the fort but now its down to the D listers.

One can hate TWD all they want, but I watch it and most of the performances feel genuine. With space sci-fi you need an even higher calibre because theres no home setting to make it relatable to the viewer.

GoT would be struggling just as much if it wasnt packed with talent.
>>
>>81004869
holy shit .. i had no illusions, but you proved for good how the BSG audience are infantile shits
>>
how was BSG's numbers?
The Expanse's is around 450-600k
>>
>>81004511
>>
Great show but this is /tv/ so bunch of boring cunts are going to say it's bad, who cares
>>
>>81004869
>>that indian woman with the stupid voice

This pretty much ruins the show.
>>
There are at least 9 books written or planned. You think Syfy wlll allow a show to go on that long?

Don't even bother getting invested.

Even when it was SciFi, the longest shows ever ran for was 4 seasons.

Hope you faggots enjoy reading.
>>
File: mother-problem-child-frustrated.jpg (88KB, 955x1300px) Image search: [Google]
mother-problem-child-frustrated.jpg
88KB, 955x1300px
>>81004511
>Syfy shitty shows thread
>Why isn't it getting noticed like BSG based on something people already knew

Syfy shows are shit, because they cater to a target audience that loses interest quickly. If Syfy geared their shows towards heterosexual males Syfy would learn that most other target audiences follow the same trend but with longer lasting stating power.
Instead Syfy continues to make content for audiences that die out quickly, and suffers from its own corporate political correctness.
>>
File: hBIwj.jpg (141KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hBIwj.jpg
141KB, 1920x1080px
>>81008847
heh well said
>>
>>81008814
>implying the books matter
>>
>>81009220
It is both sad, and also laughably amusing at how sad it is that Syfy has figured this out yet.

Do gay males enjoy watching hetero sexual males? YES!
Do most women enjoy seeing shows with heterosexual males, and half naked women? YES!
Do young boys enjoy seeing shows with heterosexual males, and half naked women? YES!
Do wives, and girlfriends enjoy watching shows with their hetrosexual male partners geared towards hetrosexual males? YES!

Has Syfy's target audience study group figured this out? No.
If they have figured it out they remain stuck setting up the same failures.
>>
>>81008814
you malicious faggot, bookfags say it's already different than the books.
They also could adapt more books/season.
>>
>alien zombies
Bookfag here, the "zombie"-part is rather short and will soon resolve, at least if they stick to the source material. The "zombies" aren't the actual thing that the protomolecule does, that hasn't even been hinted at yet in the tv show.
>>
>>81005276
They aren't zombies and there won't be hordes of them causing havoc.
>>
>>81008847
>If Syfy geared their shows towards heterosexual males
like yourself, degenerate? keep your opinions on your containment board shitdriller
>>
>>81004869
That Iranian womans voice is hot as fuck.
>>
>>81004869
>muh stronk diversive impedent wymen

I hate this ugly and probably smelly shitskin

Rest of the characters are some darkis too
boring characters, cant root for anyone

show is a shit
>>
>>81010871
Do insults work for you?
Believe it or not I'm trying to help point towards the larger audience with higher revenue potential. Actual conversation with examples to think, and reason with. You offer insults with nothing else.
>>
>>81008814
>EVERY SINGLE THREAD

Why bother senpai?
>>
>>81004511
first season was gold, second season is goofy and second season turned the show into another generic show. I don't really care about it that much anymore.
>>
>>81012767
No one cares you shallow embarrassment. Keep your incredibly shitty personality to yourself or your containment board.

>>>/pol/
>>
Post best gril.
>>
Oh man it was way better back when S1 was airing and /pol/ didnt infest the threads.
>>
>>81012767
got is what you're looking for
>>
>>81012890
from what shithole do you come from? why so triggered? Watching this show is like watching bollywood/some turkics soap opera
>>
File: 20170327_000031.jpg (26KB, 188x224px) Image search: [Google]
20170327_000031.jpg
26KB, 188x224px
>>81008814
You again
>>
>>81012392
Dude, she sounds like she has literally smoked EVERY cigarette. It's an old womans voice.. She sounds like she's fucking dying senpai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw5Fut8pLx4
>>
>>
File: 1487475097241.jpg (42KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1487475097241.jpg
42KB, 1024x576px
>>81013022
FUCK IT'S SO FUCKING HOT. I WANT TO ENTER HER PUSSY WHILE SHE VOICES-OVER THE TRAILER FOR SPY KIDS
>>
>>81004511
Best case senario: Scyfy cancels after 3rd season, Netflix picks up and makes awesomer
>>
File: Weeping Somnambulist.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Weeping Somnambulist.webm
1MB, 960x540px
>>
>>81013022
Yes. And it's hot.
>>
File: Space Race.webm (2MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
Space Race.webm
2MB, 888x500px
>>
File: images(1).jpg (20KB, 278x529px) Image search: [Google]
images(1).jpg
20KB, 278x529px
>all these triggered autists
Best girl confirmed
>>
File: dsgghhh.gif (1MB, 301x357px) Image search: [Google]
dsgghhh.gif
1MB, 301x357px
Not enough shirtless Holden
>>
>>81013140
>>81013204
>>81013309

Thank you showing the show's entire vfx sequences. Since I know the rest of the show is boring I no longer have a reason to watch.
The people at Syfy honestly believe they're succeeding, and yet every show is forgettable, and cancelled after a couple of seasons. Syfy is much like a broken machine that continues to do the same hoping for different results. After over fifteen years of this onslaught of old tricks with forgettable TV shows you'd think they'd realise how much they've stifled their own stability, but no.
>>
>>81013494
You can simply stare at that gif until you're rotting in a casket. That should be enough.
>>
File: 1490693157348.jpg (50KB, 472x645px) Image search: [Google]
1490693157348.jpg
50KB, 472x645px
>>81013441
>space mommy
>>
>>81013441
Post image from show, pretend to be interested. How does viral marketing work?
>>
>>81013539
>entire vfx sequences

That's wrong you fucking imbecile. Go back to your SW threads if you want to criticize shit you've never watched.

Productions with actual plot development and characters is too deep for you.

The only people that don't like this are those in need of an education or a job where they actually have to interact with other people in a meaningful way.

>I hate Crisjen because she's a brown woman and I struggle to understand her sometimes because my mother is the only woman who's ever spoken to me!

Are not complaints. I streamed this show ever the weekend and its easily my new fav.
>>
>>81004869
>muh cylons are the enemy of all civilization but oops they're really our friends and god saved us all and we're going to planet earth and then going to destroy all our tech that could advance civilization by millenium and spare countless genetic bottlenecks created by war, natural disaster, and inbreeding and OOP here comes there singularity again

Lol no.
>>
>>81012767
>I'm too autistic to watch anything that isn't white or male
>'muh strong indepedent woman' used to describe a politician that does nothing but manipulate circumstances and people to her advantage, WHICH IS HER FUCKING JOB, as head of UN Intel

When a person's only a complaint is about the race or sex of a character that has no combat role whatsoever, you know they're a fucking imbecile.

Go watch TFA so you can get your flat chested no assed Mary Sue kike fix.
>>
>>81004869
She's Iranian.
>>
>>81013689
>Go back to your SW threads

Disney currently owns Star Wars which sadly is far more successfully than Syfy. I'm not simply criticising this show (nobody watches) but the entire system of which Syfy operates as the failure it remains to be.

>>81013689
>>I hate Crisjen because she's a brown woman

You're projecting due to your own insecurities. I do not dislike any race, and you're making huge assumptions. I hate Syfy, and their ridiculous attempt to make content to specific target audiences that has consistently made the channel a sad story of consistent failures.
>>
The actors who play Holden and Johnson mumble too much. That being said, I quite like the show. Wish TJ was still around though.

I even bought (and am reading) the first book. Pretty good so far.
>>
>>81013689
>The only people that don't like this are those in need of an education or a job where they actually have to interact with other people in a meaningful way.

Completely untrue, but if it is true you're suggesting that you are exactly the same since you are here defending it. This means you're either guilty by association here, or confirming that you are a viral marketer.

So you're paid to insult people on a entertainment message board?
If so, you're are just as in need of education as you claim others should have.

When you insult such a large group here, you're including yourself in that grouping.
>>
>>81013919
>You're projecting due to your own insecurities. I do not dislike any race, and you're making huge assumptions. I hate Syfy, and their ridiculous attempt to make content to specific target audiences that has consistently made the channel a sad story of consistent failures.

The character is LITERALLY a 70 old indian woman in the book you racist sack of shit. Take your edgelord KKK faggotry to /pol/ where it belongs.
>>
>>81014302
>So you're paid to insult people on a entertainment message board?

Literally what? I pirated the entire show over the weekend, I'm the complete opposite of a shill. I just love Sci-Fi opera and space kino.

>Liking things? You're a shill!

And no, the implication in my post (which right over your infantile fucking brain) is that people who are uneducated or marginally employed don't have the world experience of dealing with different types of people from across the world and therefore are austically incapable of watching or listening to anything that isn't white or male.

Crisjen is the second best character on the show. The VFX are god tier for a television show, and the supporting one off characters are probably the best you'll ever watch (then again all you watch is The Walking Dad and Star Wars Rebels) and you should probably just go back to that bullshit. Kike.
>>
>>81014725
Did you not read what I typed?

I type:" I do not dislike any race, and you're making huge assumptions."

Since you cannot read, and understand I do not have to obey you. You're making shit up. Lies? Why must you lie?
It's already there to read.

You're projecting, and lying. Please, stop, and try a real conversation about what is really being discussed.
>>
>>81014851
>then again all you watch is The Walking Dad and Star Wars Rebels

No. I watch Game Of Thrones.

>is that people who are uneducated or marginally employed

That is exactly what the post I responded to stated directly.
Can't criticize me for something the other person states as insult.

Are you confused? You seem quite confused about what statements mean.

You're not understanding anything I've stated before, and you're twisting it around into the opposite every time. You do not seem to have a clear understand of the information provided.
>>
>>81014894
I hate Syfy, and their ridiculous attempt to make content to specific target audiences that has consistently made the channel a sad story of consistent failures.

Your words faggot. Being mad that an indian character is portrayed by an indian actress. Kill yourself and your family to ensure the fucking FILTH that is your genetic material doesn't further pollute the human race. We have enough fucking retards as it is you racist inbred sack of hick shit.
>>
>>81015143
>No. I watch Game Of Thrones.
I rest my case.

Everything else is just further proof that you're too fucking stupid to comprehend elementary talking points. You talk the way a child would. Back to your dragons and poorly acted sword fighting faggot.
>>
>>81015195
That was not about race. Had you read earlier posts you would understand that I was referring to how Syfy gears entertainment towards women which sharply reduces the audience potential.

You didn't read, which is not my fault. Repeating myself it a waste of time since you already have difficulty understanding information directly.
>>
>>81015236
>you're too fucking stupid

Your insults do nothing but satisfy your ego apparently. All you're able to do is insult people, and never have real conversations.
Are you certain you're not the one needing to learn better understanding of meaningful social interactions?
>>
>>81015381
The Expanse is a feminist show now? Are you fucking retarded or literally just spinning things to save face? STFU moron.
>>
>>81015665
No, not directly. All of Syfy's TV series are directly geared towards women, with a female undertone. Is it a feminist show? No, not entirely.

>STFU moron.

Your insults, encourage me to disobey.
>>
>>81015665
I'm not spinning anything. I am giving my opinion which you're free to disagree with.
>>
>>81015790
How do?
>>
>>81015883
Incomplete sentence.
>>
they really need to change holden as a character because he's just boring as fucking hell. he's the generic mcgeneric of generic good guy s
>>
>>81013872
even worse
>>
>>81004869
>>convoluted plot
>>lousy pacing
>>that indian woman with the stupid voice

Sounds exactly like BSG where can I sign up?

Quick question though, does it have any religious shit in it? Because that was the best part of BSG for me and I loved the ending. The show is more character than plot focused too right?
>>
>>81015935
"How so?"

Phoneposter.jpg
>>
>>81015236
Game Of Thrones has been more successful than any of Syfy's shows in the last ten years or more. Syfy probably wishes it had at least one show that well known. GOT has managed to be respectful at all, and still be entertaining. More people watch GOT than any of Syfy's shows in an entire season. If you're insulting GOT fans, you're also insulting an entire smaller group watching Syfy's show.
>>
It lost some steam after Eros crashed into Venus. Will it get better in the future?
>>
>>81016847
GoT is for people that don't mind uninspired acting (Clarke and Dinklage checked out years ago, everyone else realizes this is the only thing they'll ever get to work on), shitty production values, terrible CGI, and lousy soundtracks.

The Expanse has literally none of those problems other than Holden having basically perfect morality which is a little hard to believe for someone that's not truly committed to anything.

Maybe 1 out of every 5 directors and writers that works for GoT knows what they're doing and it's almost always relegated to the season's big battle.

The fight choreography is especially hard to watch.

>BUT MORE PEOPLE WATCH IT

More people watch Pewdiepie than GoT, should we give him an emmy? Fuck off kike.
>>
>>81017177
>GoT is for people that don't mind uninspired acting (Clarke and Dinklage checked out years ago, everyone else realizes this is the only thing they'll ever get to work on), shitty production values, terrible CGI, and lousy soundtracks.

I disagree with that entire statement. Everything you've stated is the opposite the what I know to be true.

>>81017177
>The Expanse has literally none of those problems other than Holden having basically perfect morality which is a little hard to believe for someone that's not truly committed to anything.

Sounds as if bad writing, and a character intentionally created as unfulfilling to maintain conflict within story.

>>81017177
>More people watch Pewdiepie

For online entertainment which gathers viewers at their own leisure that's easier to get more views, but for TV viewing viewers have to tune in when it airs meaning people actually have to set aside time to proactively make time to watch it on TV.
Since Pewdiepie isn't a TV show format, it is also different as to the type of entertainment entirely.
I believe if people had to choose one or the other, they'd choose GOT over Pewdiepie.

>Fuck off kike.
I'm Jewish now? That is news to me.
>>
The show is literally too smart for american audienes.

It's not star wars, doesnt have an easy plot and there's not a lot of boom boom rooty tooty shooty.

Normie murrican audiences are too dumb for this show. They expect crap like star wars, not semi-ahrd scifi
>>
File: cara-gee-2.jpg (26KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
cara-gee-2.jpg
26KB, 400x600px
>>81012937
She looks way better with that makeup made for the role
>>
>>81016910
Yes, as soon as the protomolecule finishes it's work on Venus.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.