[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Actors who should have been Iron Fist instead of Finn "Twink"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 15

>sexy
>fit as fuck
>incredible martial artist
>perfect build for a monk
>can act
>perfectly fluent in English
>>
File: IMG_1595.jpg (71KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1595.jpg
71KB, 720x540px
>>80987128
Scott adkins
>>
>>80987128
Why do you want to yellow wash white roles?
>>
>>80987128
Too old
>>80987178
Too old and too big
>>
>>80987178
Too MMA/K-1. Looks like he beats up kung fu nerds for lunch money.
>>
File: Bruce Lee Is Not Amused.jpg (6KB, 240x173px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce Lee Is Not Amused.jpg
6KB, 240x173px
>>80987597
>>80987128
Is there any real reason marvel put iron fist in the defenders instead of Shang-Chi?

We could have brought bruceploitation back in full
>>
>>80987597
It's not about race, it's about casting the best actor for the job. Most actors who can convincingly perform expert level kung-fu are asian, so it's more likely an asian would be the best for the role.
>>
>>80988084

This guy gets it. Chang-Shi getting tricked into fighting his dad would make for some true Netflix kino.
>>
>>80987128

Into the Badlands is better, Daniel Wu is fine right where he is.
>>
>>80988084
Shang-Chi is a better fighter and without doubt the best martial artist in Marvel universe, but, and excuse me if I don't know too much about him, he's story is less "heroic" than Danny
>>
>>80988084
there are some legal troubles with shang chi,can use him outside of comics
>>
Pleasantly surprised the girl who plays Coleen fights so good

Another thing that I liked, they fight with katanas how you're supposed to fight with katanas
>>
>>80988483
CANT use him outside of comics
>>
>>80988094
But Danny has to be, at least, non Asian.
>>
>>80988740
Why, to make him a racial outsider in the monastery? Frankly the brown guy who played his buddy would have been a far better choice than Finn Jones.
>>
>Cast white actor for Batman
>No problem
>Cast white actor for Iron Fist
>Shitstorm
My generation sucks, please nuke us
>>
>>80988830
>Batman
>Iron Fist
>Green Arrows

Why do chinamen love training billionaire white boys?
>>
>>80988094
>Best person for the job
>Character is a White male with Blonde hair and Blue eyes
>Casting asian for that is the exact opposite of hiring the best guy for the job
>If they cast a nameless chink then Iron fist would have been Trash.
>>
File: 1385844596694.png (161KB, 635x349px) Image search: [Google]
1385844596694.png
161KB, 635x349px
I have a feeling Hollywood would rather cast a black guy before ever considering pushing Asian lead roles (even if they make sense).
>>
>>80988523
hows that?
>>
>>80988920
>billionaire
You already answered your question
>>
>>80987128
FUCK OFF CHINK TWITTER!
>>
File: aquaman01.jpg (119KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
aquaman01.jpg
119KB, 600x450px
>>80988931
>Character is a White male with Blonde hair and Blue eyes

So is Aquaman and y'all ain't bitchin' about him.
>>
>>80988975
Name one white actor who can pull off martial arts like he can.
>>
>>80989039
Ya but DC's movies are overall shit so who cares about them
>>
>>80989039
The problem is that Danny has to an outsider, he has to be at least non Asian. He also should be handsome in a non menacing way because he's a billionaire playboy
>>
>>80989039
Because a Polynesian makes perfect sense for Aquaman, water is important to them like no other culture. Danny being non-Asian matters, cast a native american for all I care.
>>
>>80989039
And they got a dude with blue eyes and dark hair for Superman instead of a Chinese blonde woman, I don't see you complaining about that. Sometimes they change characters, sometimes they don't, they probably won't take the rist of changing the main character though.
>>
>>80989200
>Because a Polynesian makes perfect sense for Aquaman
Actually, not really, it makes the same sense as a white dude, a Mediterranean or as an African.
In fact Atlantis isn't int the Pacific. Arthur Curry should be someone from the Atlantic area.
>>
>>80989039
Yeah that was a shit cast but it is a dying Cinematic universe haha

>>80989080
Anyone who can train for a few months the only people who are really going to notice are fucking Martial arts experts, its made up 36 chambers of Shaolin is one of the best Kung fu movies made and it has a bunch of cheesy shit form is unimportant in Essential Kung Fu kino, This story isnt just Chinks on fly wire it's a marvel capeshit thing Disney isnt retarded as to just replace the ethnicity of a character.
>>
>>80989080
back in the 80s and 90s? dozens. Today martial arts movies in America are scarce as fuck and the ones that exist are done by old buff actors. China, Korean, Thailand, etc don't have this problem because literally 2/3 of their movies are wuxia stuff.
>>
File: IronFist_LewisTan_1.jpg (240KB, 850x579px) Image search: [Google]
IronFist_LewisTan_1.jpg
240KB, 850x579px
The Drunken Master guy from Iron Fist. Fun fact: He was almost cast as Iron Fist.
>>
>>80989537
>back in the 80s and 90s? dozens

Nigga, we ain't got no time machine.
>>
Finn Jones was perfect casting, same as Gal as Wonderman, Scarjo as the Major and Vikander as Lara Croft. What? they don't have the body? doesn't matter, they're perfect casting.
>>
File: 261615-5336a1e74dc16.jpg (101KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
261615-5336a1e74dc16.jpg
101KB, 640x640px
>>80989169
Their second choice was the half-Asian Lewis Tan, and the story of an Asian born and raised in America reconnecting with his Asian roots is more interesting than one about some white guy who learns Kung-Fu. Bonus points for Lewis since he can actually fight.
>>
they need somebody who can actually fight
>>
>>80988483
If that were true he wouldn't be everywhere in Marvel video games.
>>
>>80989713
Then make Shang Chi or something, not only you're changing race and appearance of Iron Fist, you also are changing his origin, why not use another character then if you are going to completely dismiss the original source?

That's like making Batman a poor Black dude with lightning powers.
>>
>>80989713
True, Iron Fist's character is all about being an outsider everywhere and an Asian-American Iron Fist would have added multiple extra layers of being an outsider to the character. Would have been interesting if they did it right. Plus, the IF/LC relationship would become about black/Asian race relations (which is actually pretty rocky right now) instead of black/white race relations which has been done to death.
>>
This is what happens when you use old as sin characters, they were new when they were created, something original, now that trope is overdone as fuck.
>>
File: 1161997969610.jpg (38KB, 413x585px) Image search: [Google]
1161997969610.jpg
38KB, 413x585px
>>80987128
I haven't posted a Chuck Norris picture in about 10 years.
but I think he'd be cool, or does he have to be young? I don't know anything whatsoever about the iron fist
>>
>>80989882
Not that anon, but you don't need to change the origin. His name can still be Danny Rand, and his mom could just be asian instead now. He could still be a billionaire who got taken down in a plane crash and shit.

I don't care about this "reconnecting with Asian roots" shit, though, since K'un L'un is a fantasy land that's nothing like actual Asia. It's a ridiculous (and fun) orientalist fantasy. This "Danny should be asian" thing is just some random idea someone had at some point, which mushroomed into a stupid meme.

People who complain saying changing Iron Fist's race would fuck the character up are just as retarded, though. Seriously, only die-hard Iron Fist fans (lol) would care about such a thing. I liked him in UMvC3, but he's a mediocre hero at best (which isn't to say he couldn't have been made more interesting if the show were actually well-written).
>>
>>80990096
People would have an even bigger fit due to his views on the gays
>>
>>80989882
>half-asian
>Asians see him as white
>Whites see him as asian
>outsider in both worlds
>torn between NYC and the Monastery

The pottery writes itself.
>>
>>80989039
Technically he does have blonde hair and blue/white eyes.
>>
>>80990230
>>
>>80989882
The MCU is a different universe from the original comic's universe.
Marvel's world is a multiverse and they've rebooted characters countless times before.
There's literally dozens of different Spider-Mans.
I think the latest Spider-Man (Ultimate Spider-Man) is a hispanic dude called Miles Morales, not Peter Parker.
There's even a jokey comic series about Spider-Man going around different alternate universes visting other versions of himself.
There's zero reason they couldn't have rebooted Iron Fist also for the MCU.
"But muh source" is a shit reason considering the context of Marvel comics.
>>
>>80990178

so we are supposed to believe that the parents of Families that come from Old Money in the U.S. would let son marry some Asian girl and somehow that would be perfectly fine?

The story is what it is and that is all that we really need. People need to stop crying about what white execs and white directors do with the script and casting. Regardless of what happens the show was a success without an asian lead.
>>
>>80990491

this is why you will never have a job in movies or anything related to that. cause your opinion is garbage. please fuck off
>>
File: ATJ.jpg (32KB, 359x502px) Image search: [Google]
ATJ.jpg
32KB, 359x502px
>>80987128
They couldn't get Kick-Ass to be Iron Fist?
>>
>>80990694
To be honest, I didn't see that coming
>>
Ward is the best part of Iron Fist.
Harold too.
>>
>>80990659
Nothing I states is an opinion, anon. it's all fact.
It's true that Marvel's world is a multiverse.
It's true that countless characters have been rebooted with complete changes including race, name, personality changes.
Which part of what I said is "opinion"?
>>
Jessica Henwick is cute, CUTE. I wish she were my kaishakunin
>>
>>80990694
Too expensive.
>>
>>80990802
No surprise there, with how retarded they wrote most of the other characters.
>>
>>80990847
You're wrong in the examples tho. In all universes so far Danny is white and blonde.

In Ultimate Peter was THE Spider-Man, then Miles for a brief period, and now that the Ultimate universe blew up he has been retconned in the main universe in where Peter is still THE Spider-Man.
>>
Fuck recasting him, the better question is why have an Iron Fist series in the first place?
>>
I would have prefered Moonlight over Iron Fist, but IF and LC are a duo
>>
>>80987128
Maybe just get him to train finn and choreograph fight scenes, otherwise keep your filthy chinks out of my white boi kung fu show
>>
>>80988373
This, don't fuck with my favorite action show of like the past 10 years for some capeshit garbage.
>>
/tv/:

>muh black dude in starwars rage
>muh kike wonderwoman rage
>muh whitewashed deathnote
>muh whitewashed ghost in the machine

Make your fucking mind up.
>>
>>80993251
lots of different people with lots of different opinions post on this board.
>>
>>80991124
MMMMMMMMONEYYYYY! $$$$$$$
>>
File: CADdPMsWUAA4aBk.jpg (23KB, 558x718px) Image search: [Google]
CADdPMsWUAA4aBk.jpg
23KB, 558x718px
They could have gotten the guy who played Ward to be the Iron Fist, literally anyone is better than Finn Jones
>>
>>80987178
He was already one of Kaecilius' henchman
>>
>>80993434
I'd rather not have him deal with all the career killing SJW rage bullshit about whitewashing.
He seems like a cool dude.
>>
>>80987597
same reason white and black want to white wash yellow roles ;^)
>>
>>80993434
I would not want to be nut shotted by this dude
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.