[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 4 different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1594.jpg (163KB, 1338x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1594.jpg
163KB, 1338x563px
Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 4 different directors couldn't make a single good adaptation of The Punisher?

What is fundamentally wrong with your favorite character or what is it that the movies just can't deliver?
>>
>>80986932
Punisher War Zone was the best of the bunch..
>>
>>80986932
I don't know, I thought bernthal's was pretty on point.
>>
2004 was on point. TV show version today sucks.
>>
>>80987129
>>80987200
Really makes me think
>>
>>80986932
punisher 2004 is the best of capeshit
>>
Because there's a billion different versions and directors don't read comics. They should just do an adaptation of MAX, it's the most recognized version, and they could even do a trilogy out of it. The first is him in 'nam, the second is his family getting murdered and starting to punish, the third is nothing but punishment
>>
>>80986932

I like Dolph. Out of everyone who's played the character, only Dolph is believable as a guy who's physically imposing enough to walk into a room full of bad guys and make them all shit their pants.

Well that, and they lifted the ending straight out of Circle of Blood, which is one of the better Punisher stories out there.
>>
>>80986932
Thomas Jane was the best Punisher and that'
s the end of this discussion.
>>
Thomas Jane really was the best actor or the punisher, writers just don't "get" punisher.
>>
It's the fact that the punisher is such a one dimensional character. There really isn't much depth to him besides being a badass who just kills criminals.

Someone like Spider-Man is interesting not only because he's so relatable (more so than a walking armory), but also because his character has an arc and development. Each villain challenges him in different ways, both physically and mentally, and as he defeats them he also progresses in character. Batman is similar to this as well.

The punisher really doesn't have any arc. He's very black and white. Person is bad, person will be killed. Not only does that make for a boring story, it also makes it especially boring when you can't have the same recurring villains (Green goblin, joker) to grow with the character, so you then must literally have to rehash the same premise again and again with new disposable villains.

Tl;Dr punisher lacks far too much depth to provide enough content to make a good movie, unless all you want is violence
>>
>>80986932
What's a Cucknisher fan? Can someone give me a quick rundown?
>>
>>80986932
Fuck off, Warzone and Thomas Jane Punisher were kino
>>
Hand him to John Wick's director.
>>
>>80987865
this autsit OP has been doing this thread for a bout wat? a year now, it always just turns into a punisher thread tho so yea basically OP is a faggot
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.