/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ga mrRXyIUs Cuckmann'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9

File: 0MIw2HmK.png (203KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
0MIw2HmK.png
203KB, 409x409px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GamrRXyIUs

Cuckmann's getting BTFO in the comments.

How long until he starts crying like a little bitch, again?
>>
I agree with him, but the irony of him not recognizing literally ALL of his criticisms apply to Force Awakens and he's "phantom menacing" that film hard is exquisite
>>
>>80968254
>BTFO in the comments.
>BTFO
>comments
Youtube commenters are autistic as fuck.
>>
based cuckmann
>>
He's totally right, but the message is not for his typical subscriber
>>
>>80968254

>R1 is objectively bad and if you like it your probably just a delusional fanboy
>Saying that you are allowed to still like it but only if you accept all the faults i have listed in my video

Jesus Christ what an utter cunt
>>
>>80968254
>ratings and comments section spammed so hard his video rises to the #1 for Star Wars for weeks
Boy you sure showed him you dumb faggot.
>>
>Chris "Le Reddit" Redditmann

Literally who gives a shit?
>>
>>80968254

Anybody read his 'the film buffs bucket list'?

>10% of these films star Tom Cruise.
>12% of these films are Superhero movies.
>30% of these films were major blockbusters.
>22% of these films were sequels.
>16% are Best Picture nominees, and 6% are Best Picture winners.
>The most represented director is Christopher Nolan, with 3 films. Followed by a three way tie between Brad Bird, Denis Villeneuve, and M. Night Shyamalan.
>>
>>80968254
He's a fucking moron. I see pleb channels like his and can at least think to myself that they're pandering and that they don't really like all of these shitty movies, they just want to build a big fanbase. The fact that this is the first time he has had a deviating opinion from the popular consensus just confirms that he genuinely has the least interesting, cookie-cutter taste. He deserves to be berated by his cancerous fanbase, you reap what you sow. Maybe if he built a career around critique and his writing ability rather than just reading a synopsis and agreeing with r/film he wouldn't get hate when he tries criticising something the majority like.
>>
>>80968254
I would put money on the fact that the only reason he actually released this video is because he has the same opinion as RLM.
>>
>>80969529
Reminder The Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl are in that list. Also, he recommends The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King instead of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
>>
>>80969720
Yup, Cuckmann is a completely unoriginal hack. It's obvious he saw Mike shitting on Rogue One and thought "I SHOULD DO THAT!"
>>
>>80969828
The Two Towers is the best LOTR movie. Also The winter soldier is kino
>>
>>80969869
It makes sense since he grew up with RLM
>>
>>80969529
You can call me pretentious or whatever but any "film critic" who makes a list of the best films of the 21st century and doesn't include In The Mood For Love have either watched so few movies that they shouldn't have their book published or don't understand cinema enough to have their book published.

Again, not to be "that guy" but the full list of foreign films is as follows:
>When Marnie Was There
>Snowpiercer
>Caché
>Oldboy
>Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
>Spirited Away

So what he's saying is 88% of the best 50 films produced in the last 17 years have been out of Hollywood, truthfully 90% but Snowpiercer is essentially a foreign film. And Caché seems completely tokenistic, it is the only depressing dramatic film on the list and if he genuinely felt it was his favourite of the 21st century he would have included The White Ribbon or Amour as well.

On a side note that reminds me of YMS's list of his favourite films. The film on the top of his list is The Holy Mountain, an Alejandro Jodorowsky film. Jodorowsky has a very particular style so if you said one of his films is your favourite you must at least like one of his other films. And yet El Topo and Santa Sangre aren't on his list when the list is 100 movies long.

tl;dr if I were in power I would instate work camps for people who label themselves as a "youtube film critic"
>>
>>80969887
>The Two Towers is the best LOTR movie.
My point is if you're going to recommend a LOTR film to someone you should recommend The Fellowship of the Ring since it's the beginning of the trilogy. Recommending The Return of the King is like telling someone who has never seen Star Wars to start off with Return of the Jedi.
>Also The winter soldier is kino
It's pretty good, by capeshit standards, but it isn't one of the top 50 most essential films of the 21st century. There are countless 21st century films that are better.
>>
>>80969869
In the video he actually does the POV camera thing that happens in the Plinkett reviews and says how he and RLM have the same opinion, holy shit.
>>
>>80969828
The first Pirates movie was actually good, explored themes of a world growing past an older/backwards generation and featured some intense action and a decent amount of horror imagery. For a kids/pre-teen movie it was pretty great, it was ruined when it was turned into a franchise.
>>
>>80968254
>People who say they like Rogue One are delusional Star Wars fans, unwilling to accept that a SW movie may be bad.

And yet...half the people I know who liked Rogue One, thought The Force Awakens was a piece of shit. How do you explain that?

Cuckmann is a fucking retard.
>>
We need to make him cry. I'm open to ideas.
>>
>>80970042
It's not a terrible movie but it doesn't belong anywhere near a top 50 most essential movies of the 21st century list. It's well-made but standard blockbuster that didn't innovate or change anything.
>>
>>80970102
We need to convince RLM to insult him again. He cried his eyes out over them calling him a prick, if they said he's a worthless loser who has never made a good review he would probably kill himself.
>>
>>80968254

His wife is THICC though.
>>
>>80970139
This shouldn't be hard to do, since he's literally copying Mr. Plinkett with this.

Get RLM to point out that he's a hack who's stealing their shit.
>>
>>80970139
>We need to convince RLM
Nobody has ever convinced RLM to do anything they didn't want to do.
>>
do you really need any qualifications to be a popular youtube reviewer?

Seems like you don't even have to be very knowledgeable in the medium. If you're reasonably articulate, know basic editing and have a collection of nerd shit to put in the background of your videos you'll be raking up those views.
>>
>>80970109
Completely agree it's not the top 50 but it certainly isn't among the worst 3 of the list that your post implies.

Though now that you mention
>innovate or change anything
I think Avengers deserves its place because of how it demonstrates the movement towards franchise culture in the 21st century. Not hte best movie by a large margin but it was definitely innovative.
>>
Could Cuckmann be more of an RLM fanboy? It's pathetic, he only dislikes R1 because RLM made a bunch of videos shitting on it. Didn't Cuckmann say Rogue One was great when it first came out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWhJeMkMo98
>>
>>80968254
I've always hated Cuckman's reviews and holy shit he really did it with this one.

What a fucking horrible reviewer.
>>
>ITT: a bunch of faggots that thrive on e-celeb drama that really REALLY wish there was a feud between Stuckmann and RLM even though there isn't
>>
File: TheNormiesAwakens.png (70KB, 1032x515px) Image search: [Google]
TheNormiesAwakens.png
70KB, 1032x515px
>>80968254
NORMIES ARE WAKING UP!

A lot more are now seeing the truth that TFA is a shitty movie and Rey is a piece of shit character
>>
>>80970409
We desperately want to meme a feud into reality. Cuckmann is a pathetic RLM copycay who deserves to be knocked down.
>>
>>80968254
RLM did it better
>>
>>80970380
He originally praised the action sequences and gave it a B. He didn't start ripping it apart until after RLM had. He really is just copying RLM.
>>
>>80971602
>We desperately want to meme a feud into reality.
This is the most pathetic thing I've read on /tv/ in a while.
>>
>>80968254
>DUDE I WANT TO BE PLINKETT LMAO
Pathetic. R1 was mediocre as fuck though
>>
>>80971800
Have you ever been in an RLM thread? There are people in those threads who are infinitely more autistic than me. They over-analyze every video and make up ridiculous rumors.
>>
>>80968254
>gave it a good review three months ago
What a fucking attention seeking, contrarian hack
>>
>>80968254
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xux9Pn0FPI
>>
Fuck, this video makes me want to leave my room and stop criticizing shitty opinions on the internet
>>
>>80968254
He's right about what he says, even though he's blatantly ripping off RLM
>>
File: Oh.png (26KB, 837x196px) Image search: [Google]
Oh.png
26KB, 837x196px
Holy reddit on that comment.
>>
>>80972660
>calling a shitty movie shit is bravery
Fucking millenials
>>
>>80969529
>write a book meant to be a guide for which movies to watch for the average Joe
>99% of the movies on there are movies the average Joe will have already seen
>sometimes the analysis for the movie he's including is as deep as "it's fucking badass xp"
What was the point again?
>>
From how I things to seem to me, it would appear that it's dawned on him that the New Trilogy wil be just as hated in 10 years as the Prequel Trilogy is. So he wants to set himself apart as a "visionary", who called it in advance that the new movies weren't that great, but he couldn't do that with TFA since he choked on its dick for months, and was in love with it as much as everyone was delusionally in love with Phantom Menace at first.

So not being able to hate TFA, he insteads elects to make RO as the backdrop for him being a visionary, "the one who called it advance that the new movies", except that it doesn't work half as well since RO isn't nearly as shitty as TFA was.

Chris played himself basically in trying to be a genius;
>>
>>80968254
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.
>>
>>80973053
R1 is objectively shittier
>>
100% guaranteed he only made/posted this because RLM agrees with him/hes just parroting their shit
>>
>>80973143
Wow you faggots are really desperate to create drama between two youtubers despite there not being any.
>>
>>80973131
Eh, maybe but there's a lot about it I'd be more apt to forgive, since at least those all stemmed for risk-taking. TFA was laughably precautious, and still fucked up more than should've been acceptable.

>>80973188
>despite there not being any.
Chris is an avid fan of RLM though, and cried when RLM referred to him as a random YouTuber with obnoxious opinions.

The joke by RLM against him was a whole lot more entertaining too since it showed that didn't even pay attention to his videos (ie. said he had a red background when he has a blue ones), and means that they couldn't even be arsed to see one videos of his for a joke.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (17KB, 639x475px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
17KB, 639x475px
his right you know
>>
what is it with star wars and manchildren

whenever one of these youtubers hate it they instantly dislike the video
>>
>>80973278
Okay. Again, Chris being a sensitive faggot doesn't mean there's any real beef between him and RLM. You're trying to create something out of nothing.
>>
File: CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH[3].jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
CMAOk-AWwAEjxbH[3].jpg
33KB, 575x556px
Why do normies care so much about Star Wars?

If you took TFA and R1 and removed any references to the Star Wars universe, would anyone care about them?
>>
>>80973369
>You're trying to create something out of nothing.
Oh am not, though, but that apparently is what some users here are plotting about, yes. Let them I guess. Chris is pretentious and he's becoming a literal plagiarizor.
>>
>>80969921
Some say he's still a growing boy.
>>
File: which prick.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
which prick.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>80968254
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qpT7bWSgwg
>>
>>80973856
geez what a fag
>>
>>80973856
What's the channel in the middle?
>>
>>80974071
Armored sceptic.

He has a cute girlfriend, but that's the only thing redeeming about him. He's one of those "let me talk slowly, and pause a lot to sound deep" type of guys.
>>
>>80973856
The funny part is that the picture of Stuckmann originally has a blue background, they went out of their way to put him up there
>>
Is Stuckmann an IRL version of Gregg Turkington's character in On Cinema?
>>
But Rogue One DOES suck.
Are you saying it is a good movie?
>>
>>80974111

>he has an attention whore girlfriend

ftfy
>>
>>80973856
Jahns alone is better than RLM, Stuckman and whatever the fag in the middle is called.
>>
>>80973856

Definitely Stuckmann. Jeremy is cool and Armored Skeptic is a literal who.
>>
>>80974196
Don't know. She's a Boxxy look-alike to me so she tickles my fancy, but she's "eh" otherwise.

The whole "i'm so depressed and alone and a virgin and living with my parents and so loyal to my bf" is an assgrab to get virgin suscribers, yes.
>>
>>80968254
Chris, do you need a black dick to wipe the tears from your face?
>>
>>80974111
Is he not even a film reviewer? Why did RLM have him in the video?
>>
Chris is literally /ourguy/.

Fuck off redditors.
>>
>>80969974
So your argument boils down to "they don't have my taste, therefore their own personal lists are bad".
God, I hate pretentious film buffs. You guys can't seem to stop yourselves from trying to make your tastes look superior to others.
>>
>>80974352
Can't remember too well, but that last that I watched of him, his thing revolved around deconstructing the views of either some deluded American christians, or feminists SJW. The latter was fun in 2012, but now it's just beating a dead horse, so I left ship a while ago.

>why did RLM have him
Well partly that they're lashing at out those dethroning them, and that might be that he'll have more suscribers than them one day, and probably for the "guy with a red background" joke to work. They were already grasping at straws by altering Stuckmann's background to red, so yeah.
>>
>>80974352
Because they needed to hit a literal who otherwise it would feel like they just picked on the biggest dudes around just because...which is exactly what they did.
Jeremy Jahns is a lot of things, but the dude has a pretty good view of what he is and what he likes, he is as far from Stuckman's wannabe auteur as they come.
Heck, RLM and Stuckman have a lot in common, them being talentless hacks that can't direct their ways out of a wet bag is one.
>>
>>80968254
I'm confused here, I don't want to give cuckmann a single view, but at the same time I want to mock him.
>>
>>80974172
yes
>>
>>80974226
>Jahns alone is better than RLM
You have incredibly awful taste. Jahns is even worse than Cuckmann, he's a tasteless normie who doesn't know shit about cinema.
>>
>>80974629
>a tasteless normie who doesn't know shit about cinema.
Yeah, we are talking about RLM and Chris Stuckmann here.
>>
>>80974629
>he's a tasteless normie who doesn't know shit about cinema.
Which is what Stuckmann is too, except that Chris pretends that he isn't, which doom his reviews to be cancerous, while Jeremy embraces it and sticks to just humor when reviewing movies.

You prefer the retarded hypocrite over the nice and honest retard?
>>
>>80969921
underrated
>>
>>80974700
Find me a Jahns review that's as analytical as a Plinkett review. Jahns has the depth and intelligence of a YouTube comment.
>>80974709
That's actually a good point, I guess an honest retard isn't as annoying as a tryhard phony.
>>
>>80968254
>Cuckman thread up no problem
>bimbo youtuber thread with intelligent discussion gets pruned.

B R A V O M O D S
>>
I love reading those buttblasted "no you're wrong rogue one was great right guys please you are wrong, it was better than tfa c'mon where is my circlejerk safespace" comments, so delicious
>>
File: 1473130978963.jpg (138KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1473130978963.jpg
138KB, 750x1334px
>>80968254
>"my favourite Star Wars books"
Why do people write/print/read this shit?
>>
>>80968254
This guy is the gringest youtuber ever, but for the first time in my life, i agree with him,
>>
>>80974352
Rule of three for comedy
>>
>>80974700
Jeremy Jahns is literally Normie: The Film "Critic". RLM aren't super insightful but they're better than most since they've studied cinema and they have an offbeat sense of humor that makes them unique. I don't get how non-normies could like Jahns, his sense of humor is pretty bland and there are /tv/ shitposts that are more insightful than his reviews.
>>
>>80975042
I liked the clone wars novels from the AoTC days and I like the Kenobi book that came out a few years ago. That's it though.
>>
>>80975042
I don't know, when I was a little kid I picked up a Star Wars book and I gave up on it after 20-30 pages. I haven't touched Star Wars books since.
>>
>>80974383
Only one of the lists I mentioned is a "personal list", the guy published a book claiming that the 50 films he listed are the essential viewing of the century and leaves out some of the most acclaimed films of the decade because he blatantly only likes films with a certain style. Nothing wrong with that, but you have to wonder how he gets his work published when there are more superhero movies in his essential viewing list than movies in a foreign language.

The YMS list was only mentioned because both of their lists feature a single film from a very distinctive director and yet they don't represent the director again. The type of director you either love or hate, and if you love one of their films you likely love all the others. If YMS claims The Holy Mountain is his favourite movie but then doesn't put El Topo in his top 100 you really have to question whether his acclaim fo The Holy Mountain is genuine or if he's just trying to sound smart.

I called myself pretentious because I knew it was a comment that would be lobbed at me, but really I'm being the opposite, I'm pointing out the pretension and disingenuousness of these critics.
>>
>>80968254
>retards in the comments even saying RO is better than RotS

What the fuck universe are we living in? RotS was objectively the best prequel and is objectively better than RO.
>>
>>80974352

He does film reviews as well as shit pwning le triggered SJW's. Mostly just capeshit though.
>>
>>80972891
This is what annoys me the most about his list. What's the point of making a "film buff" list if almost every film on it is a super popular blockbuster that EVERYONE has already seen? Shouldn't a "film buff" list focus on films that normies haven't heard of?
>>
>>80975479
Also the only reason retards are saying RO is better than TFA is because

>MUH ORIGINAL TRILOGY ERA

That's literally it. You know that the retards will lap up the Han "this isn't my real name" Solo movie too.
>>
>>80975625
TFA was trash and so was RO, atleast RO had some cool action scenes but that's it.
>>
>>80975625
I'm convinced there is an army of OT fags who only think TFA is good because "muh practical effects" and "muh old characters are back" and they literally can't see that it's a medicore flick like any other shitty movie that comes out these days.
>>
>>80969529
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls063738147/

>Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
>Creed
>Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
>Captain America: The Winter Soldier
>The Avengers
>Toy Story 3
>Inception
>The Dark Knight
>Casino Royale
>The Bourne Ultimatum
>The Incredibles
>Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
>Spider-Man 2
>The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
>X-Men 2
>Signs

Everyone on the planet has already seen these movies. Granted, some of them are fantastic but why bother recommending them when they're already insanely popular?
>>
>>80975543
Well I can't be mad with Stuckmann though. He had the ability to laze through something, so he did. Be mad against those who bought this book knowing it'd bring them nothing.
>>
>>80975968
It just illustrates how shit Stuckmann is. His book is completely pointless. All he had to do was recommend everyone go to imdb and check out movies with a score of over 7 for ever year, except for Signs, which has a score of 6.7.
>>
>>80968254
11 minutes in and I'm giving up

He's trying to sound intelligent about this, but he doesn't even provide an introduction or methodology. Does he even have a degree? If not, why is he an authority on this?

What's he going to do to compare this movie to Phantom Meance? Is that even what he's doing?

He's cherry picked the books. As a canonfag I can tell you there are plenty of Star Wars novels not connect to the movies. The reason his favourite books from that one writer (despite showing footage of three books from TWO different writers) doesn't tie into movies is because there weren't any movies being made when they were published

His comparison with Batman Begins is weird because BB is a character focus, whereas Rogue One is plot-driven. People paid the ticket price to see rebels stealing the Death Star plans, not a movie about Jyn

He complains that they never show Cassian's progression, but that's the whole point of him not sniping Galen. Being with Jyn lead him to doubt his mission and rebel intelligence. By the third act he's on-side with Jyn and reveals his character lie

Rogue One has problems, but this guy's completely missing the point. When he says that he didn't have to read any books to understand the original trilogy, the same applies to Rogue One. There is nothing in this movie that requires external explanation. I watched this without reading any Rogue One material. Force Awakens is the opposite, the movie doesn't explain shit and leaves you in the dark the whole way through. You have to read the novel to know who the Resistance, First Order and New Republic are. Regarding Chirrut and Baze, they never told us Han or Chewie's backstories either. Stuckman is just a nostalgia nerd and only puts the OT on a pedestal because he grew up with them. There's nothing wrong with doing that if they're enjoyable to him, but he shouldn't be using them as a measure against Rogue One if he can't see past their flaws too
>>
>>80977172
>Does he even have a degree? If not, why is he an authority on this?
The fuck does that have to do with having an opinion?
>>
>>80977463
>The fuck does that have to do with expressing yourself to millions, especially when defending a shitty opinion

Not even that anon, but FTFY
>>
File: IMG_1606.jpg (179KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1606.jpg
179KB, 960x1280px
10 second man is better
https://youtu.be/b6GbWaLbAZA
>>
>>80977942
Not giving your shitty channel views, faggot.
>>
>>80977463
Because it's not an opinion vid, it's an "analysis"

If I'm going to give my time to a 20 minute video, I'd like the prsenter to be qualified in some way

On top of this, he doesn't even structure it properly with an introduction or signposting. It's a mess
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.