[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can an R rated Star Trek film or show be successful? Star Trek

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: uyxgooaxwwny.jpg (49KB, 1137x639px) Image search: [Google]
uyxgooaxwwny.jpg
49KB, 1137x639px
Can an R rated Star Trek film or show be successful?

Star Trek is too clean and predictable.
>>
>>80965371
So Patrick Stewart can cross dress as Kellyane Conway and get none of the backlash for transphobia but I dressed up as Michelle Obama, the social media would hunt me down and crucify me?
>>
>>80965524
Go for it. It's not illegal.
>>
>>80965524

The body of a woman should feel like a second skin to a fag like Stewart, he is having fun
>>
>>80965675
Is he closet gay?
>>
>>80965703

No, he is open gay, like McKellen
>>
File: Data_gets_it_right.jpg (779KB, 1456x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Data_gets_it_right.jpg
779KB, 1456x1080px
>>80965524
This is the very question I have been debating for years, and still do not know.

It is a true paradoxical contradiction.
Some fans enjoy the squeaky clean family friendly boat that it is, while many fans would also enjoy seeing it "grow up" so to speak and deal with sexuality, and plain old blood pumping sexiness.

It remains untested, uncharted territory where it truly hasn't gone before.
Personally I would welcome such change, and ST finding clever ways to fit it into what is already within the Star trek universe, while being able to keep is separated. There has always be room for us to imagine that there were other sexual, more adult oriented events happening that simply weren't being focused on. So, there is room to do it. Would it work? Honestly I cannot say, but I would welcome it.
>>
>>80965524
Sorry...this >>80967951 was intended for >>80965371
>>
>>80967951
If we were getting a Star Trek flick every year, Star Wars-style, then I might welcome an R-rated Trek film.

But right now we only get a new Trek movie every 3-4 years. If an R-rated Trek turns out to be garbage, then that's a long time to wait before we get another Trek to wash the bitter taste out of our mouths.
>>
It could work but only if the R rating is caused by the writers not giving a fuck rather than deliberately trying to be edgy like certain fan-films try.

The key to success I feel in Star Trek is the producers fucking off.
>>
>>80968345
I'd agree. The slow pace on producing Star Trek content makes it nearly impossible for them to test anything.

Personally I believe Star trek is better in it's episodic TV series format, rather than movies. Movies are big budget productions that usually flop on arrival.

I clearly recall several episodes with strong sexual content within Star Trek:TNG, that was often left more to the imagination, but we know sex was involved.

I still laugh at that episode Captain Picard had to oversee that alien ambassador (Famke Janssen) who was giving off pheromones, and Riker after talking to her said he was going to the holodeck because we know he was so horny.
>>
WoK comes to mind but surprisingly it was only rated as a 12. I guess the advantage of using phasers is that people just evaporate rather than a more messy death even if its a suicide.

Personally I wouldn't want anything more hardcore than WoK because past that point it really doesn't feel at all like Star Trek. You could argue that the Borg might call for it but First Contact managed the more hardcore assimilation aspects fine.
>>
File: STTNG_ThePerfectMate.jpg (76KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
STTNG_ThePerfectMate.jpg
76KB, 694x530px
>>80968682

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lobo3c0NFg
>>
>>80965703
he married a girl literally half his age
doubt she is a beard in that case
>>
>>80965703
He is gay for attention. Ever since Takei started sharing memes he has done everything possible to copy him including coming out with some story about his dad beating him and applying for American citizenship 'to fight Trump'.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.