[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghost in the Shell was actually alright Copypasted from yesterdays

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: ghost-in-the-shell-poster-8.jpg (571KB, 1584x2158px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-in-the-shell-poster-8.jpg
571KB, 1584x2158px
Ghost in the Shell was actually alright

Copypasted from yesterdays thread, I saw ghost in the shell yesterday

>SPOILER FREE REVIEW

>Was it kino? No
>was it shit? No

So I've seen all of the gits franchise except for ARISE and I never finished 2nd GIG (Now I really want to) and this movie is a mix mainly of 2nd GIG and its own story.

Visually it borrows from ALL incarnations, and there are tons of easter eggs and references that are fanservice as fuck Bato has a beagle :3

THE PLOT is predictable, but it was still fun watching Major unravel the mystery. The storytelling in the movie is actually one of the stronger aspects of it, its well paced. It slows down and lets the information sink in, while the action is pretty fast paced and cool

PACING I checked my watch thinking "hey they went through a lot of information it must be getting to the end" but I was only an hour in

PERFORMANCES were normal hollywood action type, nothing amazing but still fun and got the point across, ans overall worked well. Evil corporate man was 1 dimensional, but Dr. Oulete was actually in the movie a lot longer than I expected and played a motherly role to Major. Bato was really cool, you saw his relation with Major grow, they start out more like just coworkers but the movie ends with them closer. Scarjo was alright, she played Major well enough and delivered the right emotions for the scenes, although some were cheesy, in a funny way. Aramaki was a GANGSTA in the movie holy shit he was cool. Kuze, I actually liked, I thought he would be an edgelord s00p3r h4x0r but he had depth and backstory that moved the story along

STORYTELLING was one of my favorite parts. Majors perspective is much closer and intimate like the Oshii movies while we follow Section 9 much like Stand Alone Complex. There are some REALLY COOL scifi sequences watching Major go through some hacking and her personality.
>>
Thanks senpai. I never expected this to be kino, but I will still go see it.
>>
File: gits1417147729981.jpg (4MB, 2319x3471px) Image search: [Google]
gits1417147729981.jpg
4MB, 2319x3471px
>>80964792

Correction, Bato has a basset hound.

>Plot/narrative
8/10 fun
>Dialogue/writing
6/10 cheese
>VFX
10/10 /cyberkino/
I am paying to see it again

SHIT I DID NOT LIKE

>too many holograms
some of the special effects in the city were too much, but most of the time the environments were pretty cool

>SHIT DIALOGUE
Holy fuck some of the dialogue is really hammy, Evil Corporate man has no depth at all despite being in a bunch of scenes

I can Already predict what memes will stem from it

Example: I think they try and make allegories for rape and consent? Whenever they perform technical repairs on Major they always hve to wait for her to say "I am Major Mira Killian and I give my consent." She says this like 5 times in the movie, and even says it as a one liner at the climax of the movie. Theres tons more cheese. BUT a lot of it works because it starts out pretry cheesy and progressively gets better as the characters flesh out over the movie.

>THERE WAS A SOUNDTRACK?
Soundtrack was bland and boring, completely forgettable
Other than that, no gripes, its a fun movie

There's a Cowboy Bebop reference. You cant miss it.
>>
>>80964792
>SPOILER FREE REVIEW
give me the spoilers nigger
>>
>>80964792
>SPOILER FREE REVIEW

>a liar who has only seen the trailer and the anime
>>
>>80964957
>>THERE WAS A SOUNDTRACK?

Kenji Kawai theme?
>>
>>80965375

They vomited dubstep all over it.

Also Motoko Kusanagi was a Japanese orphan on the street who was kidnapped and turned into Mira Killian.
>>
>>80965423

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4iduQkrMaY
>>
>>80965423
That dubstep remix is trailers only
The shelling sequence however doesn't use kawai's song
>>
>>80965544
what plays instead
>>
>>80965544
What? The one on YouTube with the heavy drums was really good.
>>
>>80964792

>The storytelling in the movie is actually one of the stronger aspects of it

Wow, what a bullshit
It was the weakest part of the movie. The strongest one (and the only good part) is visuals, though they wonky sometimes (the major has inconsistent physique, animations are too uncanny valley and greenscreen sometimes obvious)

t. watched last week
>>
>>80965375
>>80965423
>>80965544
>>80965629

It plays during the credits, the shelling sequence is 2 minutes into the movie after some tiny exposition, it has slow mellow synth music that I felt worked, it is a pretty good scene but not as spiritual as the original, but works on its own.

Like I said the music was bland and forgettable
>>
Ooh,what is the Bebop easter egg?
>>
>>80967442
Aramaki rapes Batou's dog
>>
>>80964792
Bato has a beagle
not a basset hound

DROPPED
>>
>>80965112
>>80965179

SPOILER TIME

So all the summaries going around are generally true for the structure, so I wont go too into the actual plot itself but more of the details. Hanka Robotics makes cybernetics for security programs and gave Major to Section 9 as a weapon.

The movie's first act deals with Major's identity issues while section 9 is also dealing with a string of murders. After the dude we see in the trailer get hacked section 9 finds out several Hanka execs and scientists are being murdered. Each of the murders have a message left behind by Kuze saying "Collaborate with Hanka and be destroyed."

After the first action scene from the trailer we see Major in her room being all lonely and dealing with her day to day. She injects some medicine into her neckports and then gets her arm repaired by Dr. Oulete. There are several scenes with just Majot and Oulete and they work to build a Mother-Daughter relationship, and while it is kinda cheesy at first I bought into it and believed their relationship.

After section 9 discovers the string of murders Major goes with Bato to see if the gacked Geisha bots have any data on Kuze. Dr. Lady (this whole scene is ripped from Innocence, gynoids wrapped in plastic, the Dr. Lady smoking and having cybernetic eyes) says that the scanning process will take days. Major decides theres not enough time so she dives into the geisha. Batou and Dr. Lady are like "nooo its dangerous" and Major insists, so Batou plugs her in and says "Any bad code coming my way pull me out"

She dives in with a fucking Neato sequence, and we go into Geishas memory. We see Kuze's lair full of hacked people hanging from cables and then Kuze appears, and then a bunch of the bodies start piling up and grabbing Major. Dr. Lady is like "She's being hacked!" While Major starts convulsing on the bad. Batou is shouting to disconnect her but its not working, he yanks the cable from Majors neck and she wakes up. "I know where he is."
>>
>>80965497
What in the flat earth of fucks
>>
>>80967442

Bang.

>>80968210

How we find out Major is Motoko is one of the better scenes in the movie.

Major goes to and apartment complex Dr. Oulete tells her she'll find her past at. It's just a Japanese lady in there, 40s-50s. She welcomes Major in and she looks around. We see a room with various dolls and decorations covered in plastic. "That was Motoko's. My daughter. She died last year." She offers Major a cup of tea as she explains the story. Her and her daughter fought sometimes but they generally had a healthy relationship. Motoko liked having fun and seemed happy and had friends she'd go out with. Then one day she runs away after a fight, and the police bring in her ashes the next morning saying she killed herself. She didn't believe it, she feels the police were covering something up. She tells Major she sees Motoko everywhere, even in Major. "You look at me like she used to."

This scene is just them at a table drinking tea. No flashbacks or tears. Just a lonely woman telling a story to some stranger. This scene was so simple and slow but it really worked to help the pacing of the movie later on.

Later on Mom asks Major to visit again, since she's lonely. Near the end of the movie after the climax Major visits the grave of Motoko Kusanagi with Mom and hugs her saying she wont have to be alone anymore, and Mom says something along the lines of, "I'm glad I know the truth now."
>>
Bimp
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.