[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Irish/German >born and raised in the greater Boston area

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: mafioso.jpg (2MB, 2000x1207px) Image search: [Google]
mafioso.jpg
2MB, 2000x1207px
>Irish/German
>born and raised in the greater Boston area
>deeply obsessed with mob movies and television shows
>abusive, stressed-out father
>father was a dentist
>in the greater Boston area
>contested territory of the Irish Mob and the Patriarca crime family
>dentists and veterinarians frequently "visited" by wounded mobsters to be anesthetized, have bullets extracted, and be sewn back together

it all makes perfect sense. which other comedians, actors, and other celebrities have or have had mob connections, either directly or indirectly?
>>
>>80960034
and married to a black woman (his relation to the crips and bloods)
>>
mafia? i was expecting your conclusion to be that he was simply molested
>>
>>80960142
the two are not mutually exclusive
>>
>>80960080
>>80960034
A new RUNDOWN time?
>>
>>80960034
Steven seagull
>>
I always had a vague impression that Jim Norton was "connected."
>>
Francis Ford Coppola

actual mobsters were used as consultants for filming The Godfather. the actor who played Luca Brasi was a mafia goon for the Colombo crime family. he would stutter and mumble his lines, but Coppola assured the actor that his "bad" acting was actually a good thing - Luca would have been nervous being around the Godfather. In the end the scene feels genuine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za3vgqxQDHE

almost all mafia families tried to legitimize their presence by diversifying and moving into other industries. this gives them a genuine "front", and allows them to launder money. One such method is Hollywood Accounting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting
>>
>>80960034
>it all makes perfect sense. which other comedians, actors, and other celebrities have or have had mob connections, either directly or indirectly?

You find that surprising? Have you been living in a cave your entire life?

You want to know which other comedians, actors, and other celebrities have or have had mob connections? The answer is ALL OF THEM, either directly or indirectly.

Read Nesteroff's "The Comedians" for a brief primer. Here's a quote: "Las Vegas inevitably comes to mind when people think of America and the Mob. The era of patent-leather crooners, blinding neon, schmaltzy comedians and feather-laden showgirls is constantly romanticized - but Las Vegas was merely the apex of a trend. From the nineteen thirties until the end of the sixties every city in America had at least one glamorous supperclub, if not four or five, featuring the top headliners in every showbiz genre. Furthermore, it didn't matter if these clubs were in Cleveland, Portland, Corpus Christi or Baton Rouge - if it was a nightclub - the owners were the Mob. For a good forty years the Mob controlled American show business."

The Mob controls show biz, especially live entertainment. They either own club, own a piece of the club, or own the owners of the club. Rub someone the wrong way and your bookings dry up nationwide.
>>
>>80963173
when Bill was starting out he was getting rejected by club owners before he even introduced himself. Bill talks about that often during his podcast. His parents knew he was going for a career in comedy, so I wonder if his dad called in a few favors to get his son some stage time.
>>
File: Woody_Harrelson_October_2016.jpg (14KB, 220x321px) Image search: [Google]
Woody_Harrelson_October_2016.jpg
14KB, 220x321px
>>80960034
>Charles Voyde Harrelson (July 23, 1938 – March 15, 2007)[1] was an American organized crime figure who was convicted of assassinating federal judge John H. Wood Jr., the first federal judge killed in the 20th century. He was the father of actor Woody Harrelson
>>
Isn't Burr's brother a politician?
>>
>>80963173
> The answer is ALL OF THEM

Yeah, no. Not anymore maybe 30-50 years ago. Corporations killed the mob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuTvnBGODSo
>>
>>80963597
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ih2BKRxsxM

>>80963621
>Corporations killed the mob.
Who do you think owns the corporations?
>>
>>80963685
I don't think his brother won. I believe he's a Republican and it's almost all Democrats there.
>>
>>80963685
>Who do you think owns the corporations?
The jews, obviously.
>>
>>80963819
and you believe there isn't a Jewish mafia?
>>
>>80963835
Yeah, it's called Hollywood
>>
>>80963835
Who do you think owns the jewish mafia?
>>
>>80963865
greed
>>
>>80963865
A larger jewish cabal
>>
>>80963881
who do you think owns the larger jewish cabal?
>>
>>80963910
who owns you?
>>
>>80963931
who do you think owns me?
>>
>>80963910
The top jews
>>
>>80963946
who do you think owns the top jews?
>>
>>80963956
No one, that's why they're the top jews and not the middle or bottom ones.
>>
>>80963986
Why do you think that?
>>
>>80964028
because I'm one of them.
>>
>>80964028
Why wouldn't I think that?
>>
>>80960142
There's no such thing as the mafiain the u.s.
>>
>>80962322
I never got why it's expected from actors (at least by audiences who don't really know better) to be able to say their lines perfectly. This is a perfect example how you can mumble and fuck up and the result is exactly what you'd want vs most shows today like CSI where actors speak and reply robotically fast like they already know what they're going to say 3 lines before they say it (because they do) which is horribly offputting. Then again those shows are popular because they shove 1.5 hours worth of content into 30-40 minutes of incessant jabbering so what do I know?

People like to praise modern tv but most of it is fucking neurotic.
>>
>>80962167
Chippy D

firin fucken bazookas, knock the head off your neck with a fucken karate chawp
>>
>>80964200
I fully agree with you. To take it a step further, I'm tired of seeing the same small pool of actors being recycled for every film. I want to see that movie "Life", but I know the immersion will be ruined by seeing Ryan Reynolds playing Ryan Reynolds playing a scientist. Or you'll watch a movie and think "Oh gee, Tom Cruise really wasn't a good fit for this role". I wish more directors and production companies would take risks and accept new faces. Then the story would be first billing, you wouldn't be distracted by an A lister's presence, and the overall cost of the film goes down by several million dollars.

I hope that crowdfunded films and independent studios gain more traction as time goes on so that they can reverse this trend.
>>
File: 1433718891381.jpg (237KB, 461x340px) Image search: [Google]
1433718891381.jpg
237KB, 461x340px
>>80963573
>charles voyde harrelson
>convicted of assassinating john h wood
>father of woody harrelson
>>
>>80964398
>sleepover threads.jpg
>>
File: 1465717928903.jpg (91KB, 336x442px)
1465717928903.jpg
91KB, 336x442px
>>80964398
>assassinate a judge named john wood
>name your kid woody
>>
File: JYtlxYn.gif (850KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
JYtlxYn.gif
850KB, 250x250px
>>80964398
>>80964432
>john h wood
>woody harrelson
>a known john

holy fuck it's turtles all the way down
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.