[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did the ring succeed in being a western remake that was better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

How did the ring succeed in being a western remake that was better than the original yet every other remake after it was absolutley shit? I dont mean just this franchise but all western-asian remakes.
>>
File: 1490471778176.png (400KB, 408x487px) Image search: [Google]
1490471778176.png
400KB, 408x487px
>>80950085
>better than the original
>>
>>80950085
It wasn't though, unless The Ring was babby's first Ringu.

Original Sadako was scarier because she didn't have a manface and Hiroyuki Sanada was a superior male lead over whoever played the forgettable male lead. The child actor for the remake was also annoying.
>>
>>80950747
>>80950164
>Being this dense
>>
>>80951022
>being this pleb
>>
It wasnt better than the original, but it did do a great job using the movies atmosphere and mystery to set up the scary tone instead of jumpscares galore.

That being said, the movie still follows the horror movie trope of having a story that gets less scary the more it tries to explain shit, only to create more plotholes.
>>
How bad was the recent movie, anons? I sure as shit didn't see it, but I wanna hear about the trainwreck.
>>
>>80951178
Bad enough that it was filmed like 3 years ago and just released now.
>>
>>80951178
It wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as Ringu.

This is a bait thread.
>>
>>80951227
What?

It was released 15 years ago you faggot.
>>
>>80950085
Good atmosphere. Top-tier actors like Watts and Cox to carry it. Solid directing from Verbinski.
>>
>>80951296
he meant the recent Rings movie since the previous comment asked about them.
>>
>>80951296
Rings just came out not long ago.
>>
>>80951296
He asked about the recent one.

Learn how to follow a conversation before running your mouth, bitch.
>>

kek.

if you think `better` means adding a bunch of exposition, hollywood-style over-editing and a ridiculous hollywood-style climax complete with car chase...

the original felt like it took place in the real world and could happen to anyone. the remake was a typical hollywood horror film.
>>
File: cff.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
cff.png
65KB, 625x626px
>>
>>80951022
>can't refute the criticism
>call others dense
>>
>>80951394

Greentexting and a reaction face isn't criticism.
>>
>>80951680
Is that what your mom told you?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.