[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched this. Why do Asians always ruin their movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: traintobusanposter (1).jpg (69KB, 736x588px) Image search: [Google]
traintobusanposter (1).jpg
69KB, 736x588px
I just watched this.

Why do Asians always ruin their movies with overacting?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-si3ziDH1c&t=83s

what chu talkin bout op. This was pretty good
>>
>>80947262
This didn't have overacting though. This had the same issue as almost every mainstream Korean movie I've seen where the drama they try to add is so contrived. The worst is when they try to shoehorn some sort of melancholic/sad ending for no reason.
>>
File: 1485740399491.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1485740399491.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>80948785
>the drama they try to add is so contrived

That seems to be the case with a lot of Asian media, mainly in Japanese media I've noticed. The way they try to add drama is through MISUNDERSTANDINGS but it comes off as genuinely retarded.

I remember my Japanese Lit teacher explaining it's a cultural thing and it's something that's been a part of literature and theater for a long time. Asian cultures don't really understand how to communicate on a healthy level that kind of resulted in their people getting fucked throughout history. So this contrived drama bullshit is some odd generational lesson that is supposed to basically tell them "Hey actually learn to communicate and be sensible, don't be retarded."
>>
>>80948785
>missing the point this hard

it was literally leading into the end throughout the entire movie m8
>>
>>80948785
>drama they try to add is so contrived
Holy shit this
The whole part about the "they are infected, don't open the door" part was stupid as hell when you think about how fast for them to change and they still thought they were infected.
>>
File: 1412000.jpg (176KB, 1000x904px) Image search: [Google]
1412000.jpg
176KB, 1000x904px
>>80948728
>that train scene
>>
>>80947262
>official selection out of competition
wot
>>
>>80950688
>Asian cultures don't really understand how to communicate on a healthy level that kind of resulted in their people getting fucked throughout history.
Kek. Your teacher is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>80948785
>The worst is when they try to shoehorn some sort of melancholic/sad ending for no reason.
I don't mind that. Hollywood and its audiences are so addicted to happy endings that you really do need somewhere else to go if you want tragedy now and then.
>>
>>80953013
thats manufactured tragedy. a real tragedy wouldve ended the with the lady and child being shot

but even koreans are afraid of the stigma of killing children and the pregnant onscreen
>>
>>80952551
When I'm asked if the dishes in the washer are clean or dirty and I don't know I lean my answer to saying they're dirty, if they're clean they get rinsed again, if they're dirty then they get rinsed and cleaned.
That the people in the train car just wanted to live and didn't know if the others were infected or not, because really it's only been a few hours and they know nothing about how it spreads since they're in a vacuum, and then some guys appear from the 'infected' zone bringing back more people, would you risk opening the door after hearing shouts and screams from the other side?
That being said it really pissed me off when my favorite character got bit on the haymaker despite having the most to live for, but because we weren't following him since the beginning he had to be the one to bite the big one.
>>
>>80953514
At least he went out with a fight & cool wife screaming at him
>>
>>80947262
best shot hands down 10/10.
>>
>>80947262

I have a theory that it is literally harder to discern emotions on the face of an asian due to their features all being so similar and plain (maybe also why asians appear less empathetic than other peoples) so they have to overact or a lot of people wont be able to get what they're convaying
>>
>>80953514
What a retarded comparison
>>
>>80955238
at least it's not another food joke m8
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.