[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://screenrant.com/venom-movie-f ilming-fall-2017-horror-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 11

File: Venom-artmm.jpg (48KB, 304x399px) Image search: [Google]
Venom-artmm.jpg
48KB, 304x399px
http://screenrant.com/venom-movie-filming-fall-2017-horror-sci-fi-genre/

Apparently it's going to be horror Sci fi. Maybe there's still hope for him yet?
>>
I'd enjoy it if it was basically Venom on a road trip doling out his brand of justice with brain eating on the side
>>
>>80944918
If they make it like Josh Trank's original Fantastic Four vision (R rated Doctor Doom killing lots of people with no mercy) then it will be a masterpiece.
>>
>body horror where symbiote alters brocks body like the thing instead of being a suit that grows teeth
>eating brains
>brutally beating criminals with realistic depictions of a superhuman punching someone in the face, no more "get knock back a few feet"
>>
unless life is secretly venom the movie....
>>
Did Venom actually kill people in the comic?
>>
>>80951107
no he just tickled them
>>
>>80944918
I just hope they cast Brock as the tall and jacked chad who could never earn his father's love and became an anti hero instead of some random little douche
>>
Is it going to have Parker in it?
>>
>>80951515
Can't. He's owned by Disney
>>
>>80951595

i think sony still owns the rights technically. the just worked out a deal with disney so that he could be a part of the MCU.
>>
>>80951107
Yes. Not as many as Carnage, but Eddie Brock Venom killed a lot of criminals and Scorpion Venom literally ate people.
>>
So is the new Spawn.
>>
>>80951595
But his villains aren't? How does that work?
>>
File: venom-sp.gif (25KB, 328x135px) Image search: [Google]
venom-sp.gif
25KB, 328x135px
>>80948489
Like MvC attacks?
>>
>>80944918

>won't be connected to MCU
It's going to be shit.
>>
>>80951914
Disney doesn't own Spider-Man. Sony is letting Disney use him in their movies but Sony still owns the rights.
>>
>>80952328
Isnt that because Sony owns the Spiderman rights? Logan wasn't connected to MCU and it was capekino. Besides, do you really expect a dark gritty story about a villian/anti hero to be set in the MCU?
>>
>>80952338
But when it comes to who owns what, did Spiderman's enemies come with Spiderman when Sony bought the movie rights? There's a lot of overlap in the comics so it's honestly hard to tell.
>>
All this legal junk and license rights are confusing. Why can't people just make whatever movie they want without fear of getting sued because of the characters they use?
>>
>>80952717
Because if money is to be made, some of that money should go to the person who made whatever it is that's making money. Things get confusing when you get to licensing and fair use
>>
>produced by avi arad
100% confirmed shit
>>
>>80948489
>directed by David Cronenberg
>>
>>80952005
The best animated sprite from the 2D era.
>>
>>80944918
They could introduce the symbiote on Infinity War
>>
>>80953470
I feel like there's already going to be too much to keep track of.
>>
>>80951914
>He thinks fictional characters can be bought and sold like soccer players
You jackass

Spider-Man is the name of the comic, and the comic is the fictional universe
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 500x700px
>Sony making a movie

It's gonna be garbage
>>
>>80954440
To be honest, individual characters CAN be bought and sold if they're each iconic and distinct enough like most comic characters are.

In Marvel and DC's case, heroes and villains interact with each other all the time, even though they each have their own stories technically. One day a character like sand man will fight the F4, the next day he'll fight spiderman. It gets confusing with licensing laws.
>>
HORROR SCI FI
EBIN GENRES

GENRES R WAT MAKE FILM GOOD!!!!!!!!! :DDD ME EPIC TASTE
>>
File: 1490592839668.jpg (72KB, 758x569px) Image search: [Google]
1490592839668.jpg
72KB, 758x569px
>>80954590
>genres don't affect the movie
>>
>>80954523
I feel like they just made it up on the fly with some examples. Especially Dr. Doom. One of the most prominent Marvel villains got screwed into the worst superhero movies.

And how did the legality of both studios having their own Quicksilver work out? Fucking Marvel really messed up when they sold off all those film rights back in the day
>>
>>80954499
Life seems like it could be cool. The Jump Streets are good. Skyfall, Evil Dead. Sony Pictures can produce good things sometimes.
>>
This movie will never be good. It's Avi Arad's last big payday this is the only reason it is coming out so he makes a paycheck and retires. He has been wanting to shit this directions as unnecessary crap for years.
>>
>>80952579
Only a brainlet could be confused about this.
>>
>>80954499
It doesn't have to be good. All it needs is that Marvel Studios bumper & Tony Stark's smug eyebrows and the movie will make $$$$$$$$%$%$$$$$$$
>>
File: 1490516516224.jpg (8KB, 323x241px) Image search: [Google]
1490516516224.jpg
8KB, 323x241px
>Sony is so butthurt that they're making a spiderman cinematic universe without spiderman in it

top zozzle
>>
>>80952579
Spider-Man's villains are Spider-Man's villains. If Magneto popped up in a Spider-Man book one time that doesn't make him a Spider-Man villain, and if Sandman popped up in an Avengers book one time that doesn't mean he's up for grabs.
>>
>Because of this we won't get the black suit or Venom in the MCU Spider-Man movies
Fuck.
>>
>>80956316
The worst part is that any spin-off movies Sony does aren't actually spin-offs and don't exist in the MCU, so whatever they do will inevitably suck AND take characters and stories off the table for Spider-Man movies in the future.
>>
They could totally just not make it explicitly about Venom. That way Spider Man doesn't become Poochy and maybe someone will take them seriously. And we nees new IPs that aren't super heroes. Sci fi horror is a cool combo, you have to use existing franchises?
>>
Expectation is very low, like 20% chance they get it right.

My dream Venom movie would be kinda noir-like reworking of a Lethal Protector storyline with Venom being something like Rorschach or Spawn in the first part, but as violent as Deadpool and Logan were when it's time for the action.

Venom needs to have the double voice too

I'd also be happy if they went with Flash Thompson as Agent Venom
>>
File: Please Be A Dream.jpg (320KB, 926x1146px) Image search: [Google]
Please Be A Dream.jpg
320KB, 926x1146px
>>80956316
>the one time we actually had a chance of Spider-Man getting the black suit on an alien planet when all the heroes has to to go off-world
>>
>>80956316
>>80956377
>>80956749
I don't know about you, but I would rather have Sony ship out their Venom abortion than see Disney turn Venom into a snarky, quippy, family friendly shitshow.
>>
>>80956816
>not wanting a movie with black-suit Spider-Man where he acts like Spider-Man because "MUH MCU QUIPS"
>>
File: 2106425-asmpavnwtl_02_015_copy.jpg (1MB, 1280x1971px) Image search: [Google]
2106425-asmpavnwtl_02_015_copy.jpg
1MB, 1280x1971px
Venom & Punisher spin off when?
>>
>Being this optimistic

It'll be PG-13 and you know it
>>
File: venom.jpg (103KB, 677x700px) Image search: [Google]
venom.jpg
103KB, 677x700px
they should get a pair like this. 2 actors playing the same character, Small for Brock, Big guy for venom, and use both voices for the Venom lines

Thats what they shouldve done for bane instead they got a dude that was 180 lbs
>>
>>80956950
Next Logan desu
>>
predict the trailer song
>>
>>80955400
>Life seems like it could be cool.
nope
>>
File: IMG_20170327_005712.jpg (56KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170327_005712.jpg
56KB, 480x360px
>>80956911
>M'ask you sumthin' Ed
>>
So Sony can't use Spiderman for this, how do they explain the way Venom looks then?

Seeing as the symbiote copies spidermans outfit and web slinging when they encounter each other the first time.
>>
>>80955965
not connected to the MCU in any way
>>
>>80956889
raimi spidey was better than all of the mcu movies.
>>
>>80956816
Because the Vulture is so quippy and family friendly while threatening to murder Peter's family? Stop pretending memes are real life, fuckwit.
>>
>>80958050
>Because the Vulture is so quippy and family friendly
don't worry. It will be
>>
>no spider-man
>not in the MCU
>Alex Kurtzman and Avi Arad

t-thanks sony
>>
>>80944918
>horror Sci fi
good, that means it's not going to be the horrible Flash Thompson war Venom
>>
Im guessing this is a case of "oh look these R rated movies made some money, quick what properties do we have that could be made into R rated films??"

>fasttracked
>sony
>>
>>80944918
Why did they only start making a Venom movie AFTER pimping out Spidey?
>>
File: 10343._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (338KB, 1087x1649px) Image search: [Google]
10343._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
338KB, 1087x1649px
>>80958126
>quick what properties do we have that could be made into R rated films
>>
"sci-fi"
>>
>>80944918
>Sci fi
>tfw Vemon isn't the main character in this and is just a monster that kills a couple of teens, something similar to the first Alien movie
>>
>>80957948
It's just black goo, without any white markings.

Or they could do a meta thing where the dude who gets bonded with the symbiote is a Spider-Man fan, reading the comics. Like Flash except Spider-Man isn't real.
>>
>>80958629
>Or they could do a meta thing where the dude who gets bonded with the symbiote is a Spider-Man fan, reading the comics. Like Flash except Spider-Man isn't real.
Or they could set in a universe where Spider-Man has died
>>
>>80958726
Oh set it where Spidey went back to krypton to save middle earth from the sith.
>>
>>80956911
what the fuck happened there?
>>
>>80956816
Yeah, because the sony movies have been bastions of comic-accuracy and good scripts.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a masterpiece of filmwork and all that.
>>
>people excited about MCU spiderman movies

Idk how you can have hope in Disney Jews
>>
>>80958126
I can't imagine how it must be to work at Fox, Sony or Warner Bros.

>THIS CINEMATIC UNIVERSE IS MAKING BANK HOW DO WE CASH IN
>THESE MOVIES ABOUT GAY PEOPLE ARE MAKING BANK HOW DO WE CASH IN
>THESE R RATED SUPERHERO FILMS ARE MAKING BANK HOW DO WE CASH IN

Fully expecting a fantastic four body horror movie once they remember they still have the rights, alongside an r-rated hellblazer movie
>>
>>80958971
This. The Sony Spidey movies are superior
>>
>>80958971
How the fuck can you have hope in Sony? They're literally doing everything possible wrong.
>>
>>80959054
I expect an R-rated Venom cash-grab to be better than whatever Disney will churn out. But you're right. Both will probably be dookie.
>>
>>80959138
Even if you dislike the "quip-fest" mcu I don't see how you could think that's a bad fit for a Spider-Man/Venom movie. Of all the heroes out there Spider-Man by far fits the best with their formula.

Sony meanwhile has a terrible track-record in handling their stories, especially of late. Most likely it'll turn out as some horrible Deadpool rip-off because they don't know how to handle their IPs at all and are just chasing what the other people are doing. Or they'll just decide to make it PG-13 after all half-way through shooting it, because the management are plain retarded like that.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.