[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm upset about Trini being revealed as gay, but not because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: trini.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
trini.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
I'm upset about Trini being revealed as gay, but not because it ruins my childhood or whatever.

Basically before the movie came out, the studio was parading around the fact that Trini (or the Yellow Ranger) would be the first openly gay superhero. But when the film came out, all the gayness came from was a two line exchange that could be easily missed. That's literally all it was.
It was like when Universal congratulated themselves for making Sulu gay in Star Trek: Beyond. All it was was a quick shot of Sulu with another man that happened to be his significant other.
I haven't seen the new Beauty and the Beast with gay LeFou, but i'm sure it's the same deal.
This is what I really hate in movies. The studios don't make characters gay because of equality or diversity or representation or some other buzzword shit, it's because they want money. They make such a huge deal out of a small detail in the movie because when the Tumblr fangirls read about it, they're gonna go see the movie and they're gonna like it no matter what.
(If you don't believe me then search up Power Rangers on Tumblr. It's literally the only thing they talk about)
I'm not upset about this because I'm one of those Tumblrites that demand representation. I'm upset because I see it as Product Placement for a sexuality, in a way.
(Speaking of product placement, I don't care if the Power Rangers do a crossover with the Avengers and Justice League. I will NEVER forgive them for that Krispy Kreme scene.)
You can tell it's all for the money because it's always a minor detail. If they really cared, they would've incorporated it more into the character and story.

Bottom line, I don't care about a movie's social standing. I care about getting a good movie. And when a character's sexuality is only to help marketing, it takes away from the movie.
>>
its a fucking power rangers movie

did you really expect it to be good?

its mindless action that tries to cash in on nostalgia
>>
nice blog post faggot
>>
>>80935333
You are an idiot, they even nixed the het romance because they understood that this first movie is supposed to be setting for a series of movies, instead of going all out and they did it the right way not only with Trini but with pretty much everything...except for the shitty way they did the Megazord and for how little they used the main theme.
Fuck you anyway.
>>
Most movies are marketed to an audience. Do you hate this fact in general or you just hate it when they dont market it to you?
>>
>Trini revealed as gay
Except that didn't happen in the movie. At all.
>>
>>80935533
I don't care about being marketed to me. My problem with it is that it's basically taking a short cut from character development
>>
>>80935605
character development is pretty much non existent in this kind of movie though
>>
>>80935584
It did, they just were being subtle about it.
Which is something you autists always bitch about wanting, then here they went and did just that and fags like OP are still triggered about it.
>>
>>80935710
>Boyfriend troubles?
*shrug*
>Girlfriend troubles?
*shrug*
What part of that confirms anything?
>>
>>80935683
t. Retard who didn't see the movie

98% of it is character development
>>
>>80935683
Fucking Zordon of all people went through a character arc.
>>
Why did they get a mexican to play a korean girl
>>
>>80935986
Why did they get a white guy to play a Native American guy?
Why did they get a black guy to play a white guy?
Why did they get a white girl to play a white girl?
Why did they get an Asian guy to play a black guy?
>>
Weren't they shipping Zack and Trini this whole movie.

>He asks about her having a boyfriend or girlfriend
>She falls on top of him
>They look at each other as they are about to die
>He calls her crazy girl and he calls himself crazy

Most of it seems like Zack liking her but it seems like towards the end Trini might like him back.
>>
>>80936054
Kwon is a pretty decisively ethnic name while anyone else's is ambiguous
>>
>>80936117
ZACKED
>>
>>80935864
You did the same thing last night, and someone transcribed what happened, after that it was evident you didn't watch it.
I really can't understand why you keep doing this...is it autism?
>>
>>80935333
Wait so you wanted the homosexuality to be blatant and obvious and in your face?
What? Thats cringeworthy as shit. Stuff like this should always be left in the background.
>>
>>80936117
No, he pretty much backs off after the bf/gf thing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.