/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What he did right: >Batman's voice >Batman's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 25

File: Batman plz.jpg (299KB, 1900x952px) Image search: [Google]
Batman plz.jpg
299KB, 1900x952px
What he did right:
>Batman's voice
>Batman's suave, careful attitude
>The Bruce Wayne look
What he did wrong:
>Incredibly reckless in combat
>killed multiple crooks
>Doesn't feel the least bit bad about killing crooks
>His Bat Symbol looks like it just came off a year long diet of McDonalds coated in whale fat
>hes too bulky and slow
>he looks and fights like one of those Armored Enforcers from Arkham Origins, not a fluid, effective combatant who has spent the entirety of his youth training in every martial art know to man
>he was willing to kill Superman before even bothering to talk with him, and was quicker to resort to lethal force than Supes was
What the fuck is so hard about copy + pasting Batman from the Arkham game series into the movies?
>>
I'm too drunk to read the entire OP, but
>killing multiple crooks
I always love this in Batman shit. Even the original animated series. He always fuckin' tosses shit around and blows dudes up, and it's like "LESS THAN LETHAL" yeah okay dude you just crushed 20 dudes under your fuckin' car and launched a missile and blew up a building with dudes in it and now the fucking rubble dropped on them, also the guy you fucking pushed over a 30 foot drop, yeah great, definitely nobody died there.

>I CAN'T KILL, or at least it doesn't count if I don't stand there and actually see them die

Fucking hilarious. It actually enhances the Batman experience for me.
>>
>>80932847
Point me to the episode in the animated series where he did this, I do not ever remember seeing that.
>>
>>80932728
nigger is this /co/ or /tv/
if all capeshit was banned from /tv/ the quality of this board would go up faster than my dick whenever I see OP bend over in his striped thigh highs and shimapan
>>
>Batman has somber suffocatingly dense nightmares
Shit I was expecting Pazuzu to show up in one of those, or Batman dreaming about Ancient Rome burning down, why is Snyder such a retarded fucking hack
>>
>>80932968
Well they're currently shitting on Batman harder than the Christopher Nolan series did and that takes some fucking effort.
>>
>>80932911
I was obviously being hyperbolic, but he does countless things in that show which should actually kill people even if incidentally, pretty much through the entire animated series (which is then continued later). This is pretty much one of the oldest Batman gags.
>>
>>80933046
do you see me discussing ben 10 movies here you nonce
fuck off to /co/
>>
He's supposed to be a mix between Flashpoint Batman and regular Batman
>>
>>80932728
>He's too violent waah #NotMyBatman

Fuck off.
>>
>>80933046

>talking shit about Christopher Kinolan
>>
>>80933907

The point of Batman is his principles. Take that away and he's just another grimdark anti-hero
>>
>>80934646
The point of Snyder's Batman is that he probably did stick to his principles in the past, but became dark and violent after Joker killed Robin.
>>
>>80932728

so in other words

what was right:
>ben affleck's performance

what was wrong:
>screenwriting, costume design, direction, fight choreography, every other creative decision
>>
File: Batmanstudio12.jpg (179KB, 967x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Batmanstudio12.jpg
179KB, 967x1450px
>>80932728
>hes too bulky and slow

How to spot a 15 year old fan of The Dark Knight
>>
>>80933193
So, a mix between Bruce Wayne and Thomas Wayne?
>>
>>80935246
twinkman
>>
>>80934921

If that's the case then Snyder should've done Batman the traditional way this time around and then built up to that. You can have all the exposition and history you want, but film is a visual medium and it needs to be communicated as such.
>>
>>80932728
>>hes too bulky and slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
He is a bit slow but still better than any other live adaptation of Batman.

>>he looks and fights like one of those Armored Enforcers from Arkham Origins, not a fluid, effective combatant who has spent the entirety of his youth training in every martial art know to man
kek, hopefully they will make him more like the Arkham batman.
Unfortuanetly they would have to make him cgi then instead of having someone fight.
Kinda hard having a large actor flying around doing flips and kicking the shit out of goons.
>>
>>80935428

yes, kind of like if they had a child
>>
>>80935964
For fucks sake man use your imagination. There was already a hint in the movie (Robin's suit) that explains what happened.
>>
>>80935246
Dark Knight sucked too.
>>
>>80936157
Also, Alfred in this movie, he looked too young to be... Alfred, I guess? I mean he looked like around the same age as Brother Blood from Teen Titans, but Alfred is supposed to an older man in his 60/70s, and a fatherly figure to him, showing the humanity in Batman.
This Alfred just felt like Batman's buddy.
Plus this entire fight scene feels kinda mixed. There is traditional Batman moments where he has controlled, non-lethal takedowns, and then shit like the box to the face and the grenade where he brutally kills thugs.
Batman, the batman I know, would have caught that grenade in the air with his Batclaw and thrown it out a window, then thrown a bola sort of device around the two guys, or hit them batarrangs.
The box? he just wouldn't have used it. That zip-kick sort of thing he does where he uses the grapple hook to take people down, that feels like Batman, but the desert scene and this one, where he straight up mauls kills and shoots enemies, thats Deadpool, not Batman.
Batman is supposed to be hero who does not ever break his resolve. He is always completely controlled, and no matter what, he never kills, under any circumstances, regardless of who hes fighting. He shouldn't have blown that guy up with his own flamethrower, he should have sliced the ignition off the tip with a batarrang, grabbed his neck, and smashed his head into a wall, ONCE.
This Batman also put the general public in immense danger with his Batmobile chase scene, so yea.
We're not looking good with this source material.
>>
>>80935133
Basically.
Good choice for Batman, bad director, TERRIBLE script.
>>
>>80934921
Thats the whole point of Batman, he DOESN'T get to dark, he is a pure, bastion of justice, who never breaks, and never kills. If Batman becomes a killer, Joker wins, Bane wins, all his villains win, because they forced him to their level.
Batman is above that sort of weakness.
>>
>>80933071
I know, but we've seen Batman survive getting punched by Superman before, in the DC universe people are just moderately tougher than average, I guess.
>>
>>80935964
>nearly 30 yrs of batman exposition outside of the comics
>hurr we need more and it all needs to be in plainsight
>>>/v/
>>
>>80937380

>Batslut
>pure
>>
>>80937507
>Batslut
>???
>>
>>80937243
Jeremy Irons is 22 years older than Affleck, so it's a slight stretch in terms of age since Alfred is supposed to have had a military career before becoming the Wayne's valet, but not impossible. Don't forget that people stay younger for longer in their lives than when Alfred was created.
>>
>>80937464
um... so far every single live action batman has been its own thing capitalizing off the comics, and the comics have had a fuck load of spin off series one of which the dark knight series was aping, we can imagine many different ways batman may have become what he is, but motherfucker show it, because till then its just shit.
>>
>>80932728
>killed multiple crooks
desu that's one of the point of his character in BvS. This is an aging Wayne who has become cynical and the death of Robin made him not give a fuck, which is why he doesn't mind torturing and killing criminals anymore.
>>
>>80932728
What he did right:
>Everything
What he did wrong:
>was in a Zack Snyder movie
>>
>>80938459 referred to >>80937380
>>
>>80938382
Yea they didn't show Robin's death so it didn't feel like there was a reason for it, but my point is that it doesn't matter what reason he has, Batman does not kill.
Sun shines.
The sky is blue
Grass is green
Batman does not kill.
These are LAWS. OF. THE. UNIVERSE.
If Batman kills, everything about him is ruined, his entire appeal is the normal man who is more extrodinary than us all, the greatest of what one person can be.
When he shits on his one and only most important rule, Batman is no longer a hero, he is a vigilante and a criminal, and hes not worthy to be part of the Justice League.
>>
>>80938619
Im willing to accept an alternate universe that drove batman to kill, granted I take all dc live action movies as shit compared to the animated counterpart for staying close to the characters, so I literally expect nothing and as long as they don't have batman drop a deuce and rub it over himself while fighting, im generally ok with it.

But the tone of the movies... they have issues that I find very hard to get behind.
>>
>>80932728
>Incredibly reckless in combat
>killed multiple crooks
>he was willing to kill Superman before even bothering to talk with him, and was quicker to resort to lethal force than Supes was
Gee, it's almost like it's part of his character arc in the film
>>
File: batman.jpg (362KB, 998x1148px) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
362KB, 998x1148px
>>80932728
>His Bat Symbol looks like it just came off a year long diet of McDonalds coated in whale fat

It looks fine to me
>>
>>80932728
>>80937380
>>80938619
fuck off with nolan meme batman

this 'pure' bullshit only started with that bullshit 'comics corrupt the youth' bullshit
any other hero in any other movie kills, and it's totally okay, but batman uses brutal efficiency towards a goal in one movie and all of a sudden the character is all wrong?

this one scene invalidates anything you have to say about batman in bvs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPudZd3oI4
>>
>>80938878
KILLING PEOPLE AS THE BATMAN DOES NOT WORK IN HIS CHARACTER.
ITS LIKE MAKING DEADPOOL HUMORLESS, OR MAKING DARTH VADER A POLE DANCER.
YOU DON'T DO THAT. EVER.
>>
>>80939503
This Batman was better-ish, but still shit for this exact reason, plus again, he felt to static, and Nicholson as Joker was not funny, he looked like one of those weird freak creatures from the Spy Kids movies.
Other heros in other movies aren't Batman, so that doesn't work, if you remove the no kill rule from Batman, he is no longer Batman, see >>80939517 for my explanation on this. It is a central part of Batman that he neutralizes without killing. Not only is that a incredibly important part of his character, that is WHO BATMAN IS. Take that away, Batman loses all meaning.
>>
>>80939503
89 Batman a terrorist
>>
>>80939661
t. toddler
>>
>>80932847
Agree 100% drunken anon. There's no way somebody spurred to action by street trash killing his parents is going to let someone like the Joker live time and time again because of some moral conundrum. That's the reason he becomes a vigilante in the first place: Never beholden to rules that can be corrupted and actually serve evil by letting it escape to cause the world misery another day. My Batman would have snapped the Joker's skinny neck the third time they met.

With regular crooks, I don't mind him killing them when they're clearly armed terrorist types or folks who are putting innocents in immediate danger. If they're just scummy types, hopefully he'd just round em up for the police.

tl;dr I trust Batman's fucking appraisal of the situation over 4chan's, and if he said "That nigga needs to die" in his electro manly voice, I'd just be like "Sheeeit you probly right Bruce. Lemme step back a little"
>>
File: Stop. Now..gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
Stop. Now..gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>80939356
>citing 60 year old decrepit feminist heartthrob sidekick batman
Stop.
>>
>>80932728
If anything the fight scenes were perfect, i agree with him killing crooks is not what batman does and therefore a poor representation of the character BUT the way he fights felt more super hero like than in any other batman movie.
>>
>>80939517
>>80939661
if you killed someone who was just shooting at you, are you a different person?
this "NO KILL" business is complete bullshit because it just counts whether or not people died or not in relation to batman's actions, it completely ignores the actual movie and just points at any instance where a guy died as shouts "bad!"

KGBeasts dudes were all the same guys from the first scene, you know, the the paid mercenary force that staged a superman intervention? the same mercenary force who was collectively acting with the goal of killing an INNOCENT person at the warehouse?

any one of those guys had every chance to leave, why all of a sudden are we so mad at batman for simply trying to stay alive in a room full of people shooting at him
>>
File: Snyder V Critics.webm (2MB, 520x220px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder V Critics.webm
2MB, 520x220px
>>80932728
>I need to be spoonfed why Batman became merciless

kys
>>
I wanna see a series where Batman doesn't kill people, but nobody realizes it, so he gives people gruesome, non-lethal injuries, or coats his weapons/fists in fake blood so criminals can't act smug when he threatens them. Make like a big point about nobody, not even the audience realizing this, until the Joker calls him out on it.
>>
>>80940269
The problem is the audience is already expecting Batman not to kill anyone. So it would ruin the big moment and everyone would be: ''So that's the big twist?''
>>
>>80940220
Are you retarded. Batman has been through worse in the comics without becoming a killer.
>>
>>80940328
It'd be preceded by things like Batman snapping arms and stabbing crooks with batarangs and excessive blood, and criminals being told in hospitals that Batman very nearly killed them. Dunno, I've always disliked the idea that Batman is good at heart, just a more emo Spider Man. The only reason he doesn't kill people is because he couldn't get over the permanence of his parents' death.
>>
File: batsnap.jpg (54KB, 400x401px) Image search: [Google]
batsnap.jpg
54KB, 400x401px
>>80940395
Yea, in early comics he also killed people for trivial shit. So fucking what?
>>
>>80940395

>moralfags conveniently forgetting Batman's history for their strawmen arguments
>>
>>80940486
>>80940513

This shit lasted less than 10 issues
>>
>>80940486
>>80940513
>desperate normie googles "batman kills old comic" trying to a prove a point that hasn't been relevant in decades
>>
>>80940548
Because it was imposed on the comic book industry by fucking liberal cunts.
>>
>>80932981
giant man bat in his moms grave is pretty fucking scary if you ask me senpai
>>
>>80932728

So everything that was done right was done so because of Affleck's performance and everything wrong is the direction and script?
>>
>>80940588
>muh no killing rule imposed by the CCA is lore
>>
there was not one good thing about this batman other than affleck had a good look for a hypothetical dark knight returns batman story
>>
>>80940094
This is true, but like I said in the original post, the best way to portray Batman is to model his arc after the Arkham games. They are some of the best games out there for Batman, they are tactical, engaging, realistic portrayals of how Batman fights and what he does.
Never does he kill, never does he allow anyone to be killed, he always saves as many lives as possible, no matter what.
The strength of Batman is not crushing his foe by any means necissary, the strength of Batman is Batman wanting to kill, always wanting to kill, wishing it could be so easy to just crush Joker or Two-Face or Black Mask or Mad Hatter into paste.
The strength of Batman is knowing he could do that, but choosing not to. That is what makes him a great hero.
>>
>>80940111
Because Batman finds a way to defeat the thugs without using lethal force, ever. That is what Batman does, thats what makes him special.
>>
>>80940111
>why all of a sudden are we so mad at batman for simply trying to stay alive in a room full of people shooting at him
Because comic book fans are perpetually hung up on the miscellaneous details of their childhood heroes, rather than capturing the essence of the character and having it adapted.

This goes deeper than just the movies, even different writers and artists get shat on for writing a character differently. It's all Dobson-tier "Nooo! Link has BROWN hair!" crying. "Not muh" comic book fans are truly the most pathetic people.
>>
>>80940220
>SHOWING CONTEXT IS FOR FAGGOTS LUL
You are precisely what is wrong with the movie industry. Retards like you.
>>
>>80940269
That would be interesting but like >>80940328 said, it would feel dissapointing for the audience.
>>
>>80932728
So everything done right was done by Affleck, and everything done wrong was done by Snyder? Sounds about right.
>>
>>80940111

because if batman kills then it is absolutely retarded for him to be a ninja because he can just use his high tech equipment to straight up kill people

he has a fucking jet that can hover and just shoot people
>>
>>80940486
>implying old Batman was anything other than absolutely agonizing shit
fuck off, old Batman is one of the shittiest things ever. A total fail hero.
>>
his fighting is faster and more fluid than any on-screen batman ever. what the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>80940891

Most DC heroes don't kill. The no kill rule isn't unique to Batman and besides his reasoning against it is so fucked up in comparison. "I can't kill because it will prove my villains are right " or "I won't be able to come back from that" are a lot more suspect than "I won't kill because it's wrong"
>>
>>80940623
>pretending that this has anything to do with "muh librul medeeuh"
>>
File: basedmel.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
basedmel.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
>>80940937
>I CAN'T INFER CONTEXT IF IT'S NOT EXPLICITLY SPELLED OUT FOR ME LIKE I'M 5

You are the reason why there is so much redundant exposition in big blockbusters.
>>
>>80941085
>I don't know what I'm talking about

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comics_Code_Authority
>>
>>80941080
Yea but they have superpowers, not being lethal is easy to them.
Superman: *le flicks someone, insta-KO*
Flash: Hi. *punch and teleport* Hello. *uppercut and teleport again* sup? *finishes with face kick*
Aquaman: *clobbers over the head with magic trident*
Green Lantern: *grabs crooks in a giant ball of green power, drops them in jail*
Superpowers make things insanely easy, Batman has to try really hard, he has to be careful, he has to be restrained, to resist a fatal strike.
>>
>>80941142
IF THERE IS SOMETHING AS CENTRAL TO THE PLOT AS
"HEY LOOK THE HERO WHO NEVER KILLS ANYONE EVER IS NOW MURDERING PEOPLE WITHOUT MERCY OR RESTRAINT"
I THINK THAT NEEDS AT LEAST ONE LINE OF CLARIFICATION SHIT FOR BRAINS.
>>
>>80941292
>Superman: *le flicks someone, insta-KO*

Except Superman fights other planet crackers, Gods and beings with intellects far superior to this. In fact when you look at it Superman is usually inferior in a big way to most of his villains will batman is usually stronger and smarter than his.

So superpowers don't make things easy when the guys you're fighting have superpowers of their own
>>
>>80940937
No you are the problem actually. The suit of Robin and his chat with Alfred about Superman imply that he has been through heavy shit and he doesn't value the lives of criminals as he did in the past. They didn't have to set up every single detail with 10 fucking shitty solo movies beforehand like MCU when some things are so easy to understand.
>>
>>80941219
I got 4 points into this list before I noticed no comic has ever followed this ever, so it means nothing, find something else.
>>
>>80941292
>Superpowers make things insanely easy, Batman has to try really hard, he has to be careful, he has to be restrained, to resist a fatal strike.

Would be a good analogy if the other heroes were just fighting faggot clowns on rooftops like Batman
>>
>>80941346
>That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness.That turns good men... cruel.

WHATEVER DOES IT MEAN???? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN LIKE I'M A FUCKING MORON???
>>
>>80941418
We're not talking about superhero vs supervillian here though, we're talking about hero vs average criminals, this is another way in which Batman is more interesting than say, Superman, because Batman's villains all feel remotely possible in some way, they could exist in some kind of alternative world, where with Superman its basically a fucking issue of Dragon Ball Z
>>
>>80941425
>no comic has ever followed this ever

Comic book companies literally couldn't publish a comic book without it being approved by the CCA until the CCA was abandoned in the early 2000. So you must be underage if you didn't know this.
>>
>>80941467
>Batman is self aware that he has been turned dark and against everything he stands for
>proceeds to not address this at all
Again, you prove yourself wrong.
>>
>>80941573
>proceeds to not address this at all

dude, it's clear that he's conflicted about it
stop grasping for straws
>>
>>80941563
Well the modern Batman, and Batman back then, still managed to be good and interesting, and to be honest, I've seen pre-2000s Batman, these rules were stretched depending on what story it was.
>>
>>80941645
>conflicted
>blows a man up, crushes a skull, puts citizens in danger for no reason, stabs a guy viciously
>conflicted
Yea he sure acts real conflicted about what hes doing.
>>
File: batmanarcc.webm (902KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
batmanarcc.webm
902KB, 640x480px
>>80941742
>Men are still good. We fight, we kill, we betray one another, but we can rebuild. We can do better. We will. We have to.
>We can do better.
>We will.
>We have to.
>>
>>80942002
Under the Red Hood did a better job of showing what happens when Robin dies than this did, by far.
>>
>>80940891
>>80941292
>>80940982

jfc batman is not mcguyver, inb4 morrison,

there is not one single thing batman does in bvs that is any more intense than anything in any other batman media, save for the branding, which itself is relevant both in the narrative context and in regards to pulling more out of the zorro inspiration than anyone else up to this point
whether or not batman kills does not matter, and the fact that the who argument depends on your ability to decontextualize his actions itself shows that this is just some meaningless way to complain about shit that doesn't matter
>>
>>80941742
>>blows a man up
just some random guy who dindunuthin right? >crushes a skull
fucking when?
>puts citizens in danger for no reason
uhhhh fucking when?
>stabs a guy viciously
HAHAHAHAHAHA

you guys are fucking hilarious, he didn't just stab a guy, no, "~~he stabbed a guy viciously~~~

i love how you leave out the fact that he stabbed the guy who had just stabbed him, with the same knife

fuck off
>>
>>80942545
You fundementally don't understand who Batman is, this conversation is a waste of my time.
>>
>>80942240
what does under the red hood have to do with this?

batman in bvs wasn't him reacting and living with robin's death, it's a guy who's spent twenty years of his life trying to fight crime and feel like a failure, only to go through more and more events that make his life as batman meaningless
of course the unacknowledged phenomenon here is that this 'purity' in batman is less about the reality of a supposed batman but about the fantasy of being morally superior to everyone, which leads right back to the movie anyway
>>
>>80932728
>What the fuck is so hard about copy + pasting Batman from the Arkham game series into the movies?
You mean batman from the animated series? Because that's basically what the arkham games batman is, even down to the voice actor.
>>
>>80935246
>15 year old
Snyder's target audience.
>>
>>80942828
aside from the batbrand, there is not a single thing batman does in bvs that he hasn't done in the comics

not a single thing

also, your 'observation' is a cop out
>>
>>80936842
Watchmen was hot diarrhea, but let's not get into that.
>>
This Batman is an allegorical stand-in for the post-911 America, whereas TDKR Superman was a stand-in for the morally compromised America of the 70s-80s.

If Miller gets to do it with Superman and have people kiss his ass for 30 years, then you guys should cut Snyder and his team a break at some point. Bruce was no more out of character here than Clark was in Miller's story, unless you legitimately think Superman can go to war and crack battleships in half without anyone dying.
>>
>>80932728
You sound like the only Batman you think you know is from video games and Nolan lol

AKA FUCK OFF NOOB ZACK SNYDER FOREVER
>>
Go back to your gay fucking video games you little pussy
>>
>>80932728
>What he did right:
Batman's suit.
>What he did wrong:
Batman the killer.
Batman fatman, yes Ben Afleck are using a Muscle suit in that topless scene.
Batman is not a detective.
>>
>>80942002

This. People forget that Bruce's whole arc in BvS is him realizing "Wait... So I'm the asshole?" and trying to do right by Superman in the end.
>>
>>80941080
A bad guy KILL his parents... maybe this can be a good reason because he don't want to kill people.
>>
>>80940269
>I am batman, and I'm here for your nipples.
>>
>>80944402
He never came to that realization. He was moved by the name Martha, though. Deeply moved, deeply moved. Good shit, good shit. Das sum good shit right there. Uh huh.
>>
>>80932728
>What he did right:
>>Batman's voice

stopped reading right there
Arrow modulated voice is unironically the worst batvoice of all time
>>
>>80945563
"martha" itself didn't make him realize anything, he simply got triggered as he would have under any other circumstance, let alone a highly volatile one one which he's pinning the meaning of his whole life

lois' intervention is what makes him realize that he's wrong about his whole perspective on the situation

this kind of change of perspective happens all the time
>>
File: Crs14CVXYAAIiyx.jpg (27KB, 591x510px) Image search: [Google]
Crs14CVXYAAIiyx.jpg
27KB, 591x510px
Is there anyone else that really doesn't give a shit if Batman kills or not? I mean he literally leaves the crooks crippled. Or just by looking how he attacks them I'm sure he even gives them concussions.
>>
File: Hulky can't kill.png (1MB, 1115x613px) Image search: [Google]
Hulky can't kill.png
1MB, 1115x613px
>>80932847
>>80932911
>>80933071
It's not just Batman. Superman will punch somebody through a building and collapse a fucking skyscraper and we're supposed to believe there's not a single casualty.

It happens in the comics too. Pic-related, Hulk has probably killed people before, if only as an accidental casualty. But oh they don't want anybody to die in their comics so this shit happens instead
>>
>>80945563
I'm constantly fascinated by idiots like you who ask all the right questions, yet never reflect on the answers. How many times have you tossed out a question like, "Why didn't he just make a kryptonite bullet?" then just moved on, smugly assured of your mic-dropping zinger?

If you'd ever stopped to think about an actual answer, you'd understand what was going on with Bruce in that scene and why he was likely to hear his mother's name regardless of what Clark said.

If you'd ever stopped to think.
>>
>>80945929

It never bothered me, honestly. It's not like Batman has ever gone too excessive, either. Even in the '89 Batman, he blows up a factory, but we only see like 5 dudes in the whole building so it could be way worse.

Indiana Jones is more violent for fuck's sake.
>>
>>80945929
it's hilarious to me that these people think that batman makes people have a good sleep for a bit after which they wake up completely refreshed

in a weird way its even less unsympathetic to the character
>>
>>80945854
>"martha" itself didn't make him realize anything
It's funny, because that's exactly what happened on screen. It was a very similar moment to that part in Star Wars Ep III when Anakin joins the monster mash, except for the good guise.
>>
>>80946113
its' the weirdness of the comic fandom bro, they want violence, but no consequence,

fucking hell literally anything which to much consequence gets retconned
i'm sure there's some funny zizekian spin on this
>>
>>80945929
>Is there anyone else that really doesn't give a shit if Batman kills or not?
If I wanted batman to kill people, I'd read The Punisher instead. I suggest you do the same.
>>
>>80946197

But remember the Man of Murder threads, even if Superman got totally vindicated over the Metropolis attack, there's still fanboys who bitch over "MUH PROPERTY DAMAGE" who will never be satisfied.
>>
>>80946141
>I'm constantly fascinated by idiots like you who ask all the right questions, yet never reflect on the answers.
I'm mildly amused then bored by mongoloids so enamoured with a literal turd they start making up complicated scenarios where the smell isn't that bad, the taste isn't putrid, but interesting, and who spent hundreds of hours making up excuses for it, when it took a dog a few seconds to produce, without much thought put behind it.
Evolution used to take care of sewage like you.
>>
File: bat.jpg (192KB, 1400x1108px) Image search: [Google]
bat.jpg
192KB, 1400x1108px
What irks me the most is that they're bound to fuck up Batman sooner or later after they nailed him just right in BvS. Compare picture related to the Batsuit in OP >>80932728
>>
File: 1123305.gif (339KB, 786x559px) Image search: [Google]
1123305.gif
339KB, 786x559px
>>80946294
>>
>>80946239
it's funny, because you're objectively wrong,

the order of events:
-bruce lays out how he sees clark before he's about to commit the dead
-"martha!"
-bruce gets triggered, goes full wtf, all his martha memories flood back, as they're intercut with his face
-lois comes in, fills in the dots
-bruce backs off, slowly realizing how he's been wrong this whole time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJfIg8fXM-w

a lot of shit happens between martha and it's aftermath
>>
>>80946294
this.
>>
>>80946197
>Even in the '89 Batman, he blows up a factory, but we only see like 5 dudes in the whole building so it could be way worse.
>>
>>80946445
Why not make Mr. Rogers kill people, then? You'll grow out of that phase, anon.
>>
>>80946561

That would actually be pretty fucking funny.
>>
>>80946502
>-bruce gets triggered, goes full wtf, all his martha memories flood back, as they're intercut with his face
Shit that some snyderlard imagined to protect his protobrain from the realization of the movie being dogshit.
>>
>>80946445
>I'm edge because I think Bat Murder is okay.
>>
>>80946389
Well go ahead, Master Race. Tell me why he didn't make a bullet. I can assure the answer isn't "lol because i smrtr then them."

Show me you can think. So far, I'm less than convinced.

I have a legitimate explanation, and I can back it up from here to Christmas.And tread carefully. Circular logic will not help you here. You don't get to say, "it's stupid because it can't be smart," and walk away from this without everyone knowing you're just a retard with the possible exception of yourself.
>>
>>80946554
That gif is everything that is wrong with bvs!!!111 Snider doesnt understand the character!!1!!
>>
>>80946445
>>80946561
>edge boogeyman
>the world exists on a gradient between edge and not edge
>>
>>80946554

>It's ok when muh Nolan does it!

https://youtu.be/0B4VNsGbkJ4
>>
>>80946635
ITS LITERALLY RIGHT FUCKING THERE >>80946502
>>
Next Batman movie should be all in slow motion while Wagnerian opera plays. No more Bruce Wayne bullshit. There should be shots of angels falling from the sky with their faces melting and Superman sitting in a throne in flames in the middle of the clouds, shouting the bible (Book Of Job) in esperanto, his words heard throughout the whole world. Batman is seen fighting some invisible force that seems to overpower him (it's the burden he must carry) but at the last minute he succeeds and for a second feels shame for both himself and his self. Now the last battle begins
>>
>>80946293
>fucking hell literally anything which to much consequence gets retconned
In World War Hulk Hulk curb-stomped Black Bolt. Then they ret-conned it and said it was just a shape-shifting alien pretending to be Black Bolt
Still pissed about that to this day
>>
>>80946561
>>80946647
nothing in bvs compares to the burton movies, yet you still insist on "eedddggeee"
>>80946554
>>80946754
>>
File: KCBatman01.jpg (269KB, 988x556px) Image search: [Google]
KCBatman01.jpg
269KB, 988x556px
>>80946554
Now I want a movie of Kingdom Come out of the DCCU with Michael Keaton as Batman
>>
File: 3603621-keaton+kills.gif (923KB, 259x143px) Image search: [Google]
3603621-keaton+kills.gif
923KB, 259x143px
>>80946554
>>80946754

Seems like on screen Batman kills more than in the comic. But I guess people don't like with Batfleck because he's more brutal.
>>
>>80947325

People don't like Batfleck because he got so easily duped by Luthor, as well as his own ignorance.
>>
>>80947325
Keaton came after the campy shit of Adam West, you think someone cared if he kills or not?

Affleck came after Bale, the first time somebody take the rule of not kill and plays a not bad at all Batman.

Batfleck can make a good Batman but I don't want a psychopath I want a fucking DETECTIVE.
>>
>>80947565
yeah... batman has never been led on by powerful figures behind the the dark... oh no, never!
>>
>>80947854
so a guy takes down a bunch of armed mercenaries who have killed many people before and at the present moment happen to hold an innocent person hostage with brutal efficiency is a psycopath
keepppp reaching brother
>>
>>80947971
nah bro, I mind the scene when Batfleck lets fall the Batmobile in a group of thugs or you think this is justified?
>>
>>80947854
>Bale, the first time somebody take the rule of not kill
See>>80946754
>>
>>80948330
tl;dr - yes, i personally have no sympathy for armed men being paid by corporations to undermine other people
during the chase for the kryptonite?
it doesn't matter to me? my perspective on the movie doesn't depend on whether that act is justified, which would go right back into the narrative of the movie and the fact that superman intervenes moments after

understanding the character's motivation and mindset, yes?

the "batman in bvs is wrong" crowd always frames everything as if batman in the movie just casually found some people and did them dirty

the 'thugs' in bvs were the same people in the desert, working for a crazy billionaire who committed a domestic act of terror, who eventually went on to hold an innocent person hostage this context matters as well as the characterization of bruce

you cannot take any act on film, isolate it, ask if it's okay or not, then judge the film on whether or not you think that one act is kosher
>>
>>80948816
>the "batman in bvs is wrong" crowd always frames everything as if batman in the movie just casually found some people and did them dirty

It's not just that. It's that he's not intended to appear as unambiguously heroic here.

See >>80944402 and >>80943056.
>>
>>80940023
Carrie Kelly was actually my second favorite Robin. Grayson>Kelly>Todd>Wayne>Drake
>>
>>80932728
wasn't he based off frank millers batman?

p sure millers batman went all punisher on niggas.
>>
>>80948533
Im gonna blow up this building like this, and if you're caught dead still inside it it's your OWN fault
>>
File: 1488253947437.png (226KB, 585x350px) Image search: [Google]
1488253947437.png
226KB, 585x350px
>>80946969
Kingdom Come was bad though. Art was the only good part.
>>
>>80949052
whats your opinion on Wayne over Drake

I always liked Tim more cause he sought out the role and did the work to get there

Damien just seemed an entitled shit

Carrie was cool excepting the retro punk dialogue
>>
>>80946969
I really want a Billy Dee Williams Two-Face
>>
>>80949566
i want a Dave Chapelle Joker
>>
>>80932728
>muh Batman doesn't kill people
kys
>>
>>80949566
This motherfucker right here gets it
>>
>>80949490
The thing that really made me like Wayne more than just last place in the Robin hierarchy was his skill in martial arts. Drake was always the cousin Oliver of the Robins to me.
>>
>>80949609
>I killed that niggas faaather
Tarantino directing
>>
>>80942240
>a movie/comic book about the death of Robin did a better job of showing what happens when Robin dies than a movie about Batman vs Superman does

I mean you're not wrong but it's a retarded argument. You'd have to be completely new to Batman to not understand what was going on there in the first fucking trailer. Bruce Wayne looking angry and brooding staring at Robins old costume vandalized by the Joker? It's pretty fucking obvious what happened.
>>
>>80932728
>I didn't kill them, the bullets did.
>>
>>80945563
Did you forget about the nightmare in the mausoleum? Why do you think he's dressing up as a bat in the first place?
>>
>>80942545
>uhhhh fucking when?

I can answer this one. He endangered Martha by shooting flamethrower guys fuel tank instead of shooting him in the head. I know the movie is PG but the guy clearly burned alive which is a far more cruel death.
>>
Snyder's a fucking hack. You don't start a cinematic universe with Batman vs Superman, you end it with it.

There should've been two Justice League movies beforehand with Supes eventually becoming a lackey to the US goverment and then Dark Knight Returns happens
>>
File: Mr-Rogers-Remix-e1339155581910.jpg (40KB, 625x381px) Image search: [Google]
Mr-Rogers-Remix-e1339155581910.jpg
40KB, 625x381px
>>80946561
>>80946624

>Well whaddya' mean I can't take off my sweater? I'M HOT!
>>
>>80946294
>being a psycho who kills bad guys for fun is the exact same thing as reasonably killing somebody in self-defense when the only alternative is PIS
no
>>
>>80932728
>hes too bulky and slow
Literally fastest and nimblest Batman in movies ever

>Complains about killing
Is it 1989 again? Because he never stopped killing in any movie since then. Well to be fair he didnt kill in b&r. Also you literally pointed 4 times how he is willing to kill in your 7 things wrong. We got it the first time.

>>80932847
>It actually enhances the Batman experience for me.
Also this, there are tons of people that like and celebrate the Punisher-Batman, since as I told you already his most famous incarnations (the movies) kill a lot.
>>
>>80933071
>jokes on you i was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>80937380
Seems like a boring mentally impaired mary sue. Whats your point?
>>
>>80946113
Look what happens when they do it in the movies. Manchildren cry.
>>
>>80937380
>it's weak to kill criminals who are mass murderers
>>
The real and only reason Batman doesn't kill is so they can trot out his villains again every six months.
>>
Pt 1.
OP here, the fact Batman never killed people was pretty much what made him special, as I've said before, but I didn't go into the way he does it. In Batman mythos a lot of the time, Batman does not only go to great extents to avoid killing people, hes completely fine with crippling them for life, which in my opinion, is a better punishment entirely. It makes it even more terrifying to some criminals, being dead is terrifying, but being punched so hard you don't stop cringing from taking a single breath for 6 month, and the bat dislocates your arm in 3 places so badly it never moves right again, that makes sure the criminal will probably fuck off, and also that every single one of his friends know what happens when you mess with Gotham, plus it shows the people that this isn't just some vigilante murderer who acts outside of the law, hes a restrained, controlled hero working tirelessly to protect whats right.
Batman in this new movie was like a cultish thug, hell considering how everyone in prison murdered inmates with the Bat Brand, a person who didn't know any better could accuse Batman of leading some kind of sick murder cult.
That and Alfred did nothing to stop him, Alfred, if he is to be relied upon as a fatherly figure and wise Yoda to Batman's Luke Skywalker, guiding him in what is right and what is wrong, should fulfill his role as the careful and caring moral mentor, who reminds Bruce of who he is. In BvS, he seemed like an accomplice, and acted as though he and Bruce were friends, I never saw a reference to parental love between the two, something even Nolan's shitshow tried to do.
This Batman was a failure because he lost who he was, no matter what happens, the appeal of Batman is that he is stronger than those around him, he stands as a beacon to what is right and what is wrong in a person, he resists the urge to give in to his rage and his hate.
I mentioned this before, but again there is a small part of Under The Red Hood that addresses this.
>>
>>80954802
Pt 2.
https://youtu.be/7kscfb9XzPs?t=1m20s
This is why Batman is my favorite superhero. He knows what he could do, he knows what hes capable of, and he knows what he'd become if he let that part of himself take over.
He wouldn't be the hero anymore, he wouldn't have the love of the people or the knowledge that he was something Gotham needed to survive, he'd just be another thug. He'd be just the same as everything he had fought so hard to remove from his city.
The Batman they showed me here is a Batman who has forgotten who he is, and has decided that this is ok, and that leaving his code behind doesn't matter, when thats all that ever mattered.
If Batman decided to be Judge, Jury, and Executioner, the police would be after him, the military might send a detatchment, and they'd put him in even more danger than being Batman already does.
Thats why this Batman failed me, because as far as Batman should be concerned, he failed himself.
>>
>>80954802

Batman has killed someone in every single Batman movie you fucking moron.
>>
>>80940220
>that filename
>MoS literally made more for WB than BvS
>whole universe is the subject of insults and jokes among the actual public
top laugh friend
>>
>>80934646
>someone posts this shitty excuse #74960271

Jesus Christ. do you fucktards actually watch movies? There's a 3+ minute scene discussing why he is more violent. It's even in the fucking trailer.
>>
>>80941219
Batman stopped killing way before the comics code, it was something Bill Finger and the co-creator, whoever the fuck that is, decided.
>>
File: Nope.jpg (86KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Nope.jpg
86KB, 800x800px
>>80954981
No, he hasn't.
>>
>>80955097
>Batman
killed the Joker
>Batman Returns
killed Penguin
>Batman Begins
killed hundreds when he blew up the league of shadows
>The Dark Knight
killed Two-Face
>The Dark Knight Returns
Killed Talia when he crashed her truck with no survivors
>BvS
killed multiple criminals
>>
>>80955281
>Batman
Bad portrayal
>Batman Returns
Bad portrayal pt 2.
>Batman Begins
The best of a trilogy of shit
>Dark Knight
a monumental failure to the source material in every way
>Dark Knight Returns
Is barely a Batman movie
>>
In original Batman comics, Batman killed people. Throwing them into chemicals, snapping necks, lynching them. People use the Arkham games as reference? He throws people into electric boxes, tosses them of ledges, hangs them to gargoyles with their blood going all to their head, and drives a speeding fucking tank and nailing people. Those dudes are fucking dead anon.
Then if you watch Keaton Batman, he knocks people off buildings, straps bombs to them, and killed both The Joker and Penguin.
Then Nolan tried to nail in his kill rule, while we see him blow up a bunch of people in the League of Shadows, driving a tank around like a lunatic, the "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you" is manslaughter, or indirect murder. Then he kills Two Face, and crashed a god damn truck. Not to mention, in some modern comics, Final Crisis for instance, he pulls a gun on Darkseid and tells him he's gonna kill him, because he's an incarnation of pure evil. Even in comics, Batman is fine with crossing the line if the person is bad enough. You'll defend the reckless driving and manslaughter when Nolan does it, but nooo not Batfleck. And when you consider than even comic Batman will cross the line if he deems it necessary, why is it so hard to believe an old, bitter, and jaded Batman is fine with just those things? And for the other anons saying that his most interesting characteristic is his no kill rule and not the detective aspect, you can fuck right off. You don't have to like the fucking movie, but stop acting like it's Not-Muh because it's a little more blatant.
>>
>>80955474
I don't see how any of what you've posted is relevant, your a faggot OP, just accept being BTFO and move on, Batman kills in films all the fucking time, every fucking time
>>
>>80932728
>Batman doesn't kill people
Your age is showing
>>
>>80955650
>He throws people into electric boxes, tosses them of ledges, hangs them to gargoyles with their blood going all to their head, and drives a speeding fucking tank and nailing people.
yea but detective vision says their unconscious, you think a game would just lie to you like that?
>>
>>80956133
>I am not accountable for what Arkham Knight did, that one's gameplay doesn't count
, for the rest of them, I always cut them down after dropping them so I can use it again, electric boxes only pull away guns from electromagnetic charge, he only tosses them off ledges where the fall would be painful and crippling, not lethal, the game actually physically does not allow you to throw enemies off too high a ledge, Arkham game series would be the best medium for Batman movies, the story is awesome, the action is great, the characters are fun and its just really good.
Synder however... well he fucked everything.
>>
>>80932728
>Batman doesn't kill people
Missed all the points that show how he is old, tired, and fed up.
>he's too bulky and slow
He fights very similar to the way he fought in The Dark Knight Returns comic. Despite being in peak physical condition, he still is susceptible to aging.
>>
>>80955967
Ok well if Batman kills people, everything that makes him special and meaningful then means nothing.
Congratulations, you ruined one of the best super heros of all time because you think him being an edgelord makes it better.
Whatever faggot, ruin the franchise, when it stops putting people in the cinema to watch Batman pretend to be the guy from Hatred, maybe you'll realize you made a mistake.
>>
>>80934447
you're a big guy
>>
>>80956711
that isn't true, i've kicked henchmen off buildings all the time, its like 6 stories, they're fucking dead, also
>you cut them down
so their falling on their head from again sometimes 5-10 stories up, they are also dead, your murdering people
>>
>>80956791
> I ruined batman in 1939
>>
>>80956791
what part of
>batman always kills people
is so hard to grasp? we've been watching him kill people on screen for almost 30 years now
>>
>>80957000
>5-10 stories up
Boi you ever played an Arkham game? Those guys are 10-15 above ground at any time, and if you've managed to kick them off of long dangerous drops you probably found an exploit in the game, I've hit them with full force RC batarrang while they stand next to a 100 foot drop, iviswall blocks them.
>>
>>80957096
It depends on what medium usually, but they're uncomfirmed kills, and in DC those don't really count/aren't ever mentioned, just because it dampens the hero, if we charged Batman for every probably murder he committed in the DC universe, Superman would be public enemy number one in every nation on Earth.
It is in movies like BvS, and those dorky fucking Tim Burton ones where he didn't even feel like a superhero because he murders people straight up no chance he didn't and I never liked those.
>>
File: okay.jpg (42KB, 399x399px) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
42KB, 399x399px
>>80941742
.......are...are you retarded.

I know we use autism as a joke here, but I'm starting to believe that their are actual mentally challenged people here, who need close caption and annotated scripts to understand a kids movie.

>not conflicted
>has nightmares constantly

>holds a grudge for 18 months planning to kill a guy
uhm....what does this mean, uhmmmm.

>on the nose Alfred dialogue
wow these words, did cryptographers make them....Wowo so confusing.

I think there should be a retard icon just like the captcha member meme. For fucks sake just GOOOGLE A FUCKING VIDEO OR FORUM.

Its not even that you understand the movie and have a differing contention....you seem to be completely oblivious of the blatant fucking information on screen. This is bait...has to be bait....or maybe some sort of reverse psychology shilling. If it isn't please please kys, so that you may never have the chance to copulate and have other DOYyy children....

I'm shaking right now. Hiro you cuck or mods please ban these threads and neckbeards that start them or make a new board REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>80957162
>you ever played an Arkham game?
listen kiddo,
one:
>boi
is a pedo meme
two
>your cutting down people you've strung up
their falling on their heads from at minimum of one story, they are fucking dead. The games great but if you really want to pretend all that shit he does wouldn't kill them keep on little pedo but that's fucking autistic nonsense, even his takedowns would kill people 90% of the time
>>
>>80957237
cool, so when some anon said
>batman kills people in every movie
was he correct or not? I don't give a fuck about what you like just answer the question
>>
File: 1301081308159.jpg (59KB, 898x348px) Image search: [Google]
1301081308159.jpg
59KB, 898x348px
>>80957251
there*
>>
>>80957308
In the live action ones, yea he does. I hate all the live action ones.
>>
>>80957310
?
where the fuck are you from? ya know don't care just go back
>>
>>80957335
>I hate all the live action ones.
>>>/a/
theirs already a board for you, go their and stop shitting up this one
>>
File: batmankillscrooks.jpg (85KB, 584x379px) Image search: [Google]
batmankillscrooks.jpg
85KB, 584x379px
>>80957335
You just like the Sunday morning cartoons?
>>
>>80940891
>That is what Batman does, thats what makes him special.
What makes Batman special is Gotham City. You know, the undying gothic shithole. The fact that he's a monster terrorizing monsters.
>>
>>80957284
>pedo meme
What the fuck is a pedo meme
>kills people a lot
Thats more down to making it programmable, its just that ragdoll effects end up doing this sort of thing when they're in games, so it looks as though they would die. I agree the ground takedowns could be lethal sometimes because he punches a man's head into pavement, but a lot of the combat takedowns like the instant takedown combo move and his regular attacks wouldn't really kill you, in his instant takedowns, he usually dislocates something vital like an arm or a leg, and a punch from Batman to the face, while definitely agonizing and going to put you out in one shot, will not kill a full grown man.
>>
>>80957392
The animated series, the newer animated movies and the Arkham games are what I get my Batman lore from, that and the occasional comic though I never had the option to read them extensively because of them being so horrifyingly expensive, so I had to get Batman through other media.
>>
>>80946294
Why would I read The Punisher when Judge Dredd exists? I like Batman for the setting and characters, not "if I kill I'm just as bad as them!"
>>
>>80954931
Isnt that the character arc of the fucking movie. He becomes disillusioned strays from the path of honor and justice, to realize the errors of his recent journey at a critical moment i.e. murdering one man thats super to idealogically save the human race or to prevent the murder of an innocent bystander, clarks mama, or his boss at wayne industries.
Tl;dr
Better to get stoned with 2birds than to stone them

Btw doomsday fite wit bats supes and ww was campy but better than those marvel shit fight scenes that make eighties renovation montages look like kino
>>
>>80932728
>killed multiple crooks
>hes too bulky and slow
These are all pros, not cons. Batman is an otherwise boring character These actually give him some personality.
>>
File: aVXMw28_700b~2.jpg (104KB, 643x700px) Image search: [Google]
aVXMw28_700b~2.jpg
104KB, 643x700px
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.