[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was watching Batman V Superman and suddenly Batman is in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: batman middle east.jpg (72KB, 1279x533px) Image search: [Google]
batman middle east.jpg
72KB, 1279x533px
So I was watching Batman V Superman and suddenly Batman is in the middle east with a gun in the middle of it

Can somebody explain this?
>>
It's a bit for people who read the comics. Otherwise you're supposed to be as equally confused as Batman, particularly when the flash shows up after running through time (but they don't tell you that, also it's not the Barry flash), lending weight to the TIME RUN DIMENSION from the Darkseid comic where Batman gets shot and dies (but then doesn't, because time).

It's kinda weird and confusing if you haven't read the comics, which is why they play it the way they do in the movie (primarily as foreshadowing for Justice League). Same as how they hint at the 'canon' timeline with dead Robin's suit, which means the Red Hood exists, and also Nightwing hints.

tl;dr Batman sees forward in time, then sees the Flash screaming at him but doesn't know why or who he is or what's happening. Seeing superman in this fashion, though, influences his decisions later in the film.
>>
>>80927418
You didn't explain anything dumbass
>>
>>80927686
>tl;dr Batman sees forward in time because of the Flash
It wasn't even hard to understand watching the movie what was happening, I feel bad for you if you didn't get this far with your own mental capacity.
Otherwise go read the fucking comics numbnuts.
>>
>>80927219
Yes. You're an idiot.
>>
fatman
>>
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/batman%20middle%20east/

Mental illness general?
>>
>>80927889
/tv/ in general is the mental illness containment board.
>>
>>80927219
The idea is that he's imagining a world where, for whatever reason, Superman has snapped and decided to more or less rule the world. I have no clue why he's in the desert, though. Maybe because in the dream he's a fugitive, and fugitives tend to hide in deserts?
>>
>>80927952
The desert is where the bay separating Metropolis and Gotham used to be.
>>
IT'S GOTHAM YOU CAN SEE WAYNE MANOR WHEN HE LEAVES THE BUNKER
>>
File: 1490020389058.jpg (47KB, 564x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490020389058.jpg
47KB, 564x400px
>>80927418
>let's make everything disjointed between entire movies with different names and shit

This is why capeshit is....shit.
>>
>>80928294
Yeah, well, it is what it is? It's either incorporate elements from the comics and what makes them interesting (doesn't make money, see DC films), or don't and just have a bunch of 4-color dudes beating each other up while shitting all over and ripping out any source material (makes money, see Marvel films).

So I guess what I'm saying is, damned if you do, damned if you don't for superhero flicks.
>>
File: comics.jpg (89KB, 924x530px) Image search: [Google]
comics.jpg
89KB, 924x530px
>>80927219
>Can somebody explain this?
Yes, its pretty simple actually, i can explain it by using just 1 word.
Fan service
>>
>>80929855
Thats 2
>>
The Flash was targeting Bruce Wayne to time travel to.
Aftereffect of that is Bruce's brain merging with his future brain and experiencing his future self's death, and giving him the thought to form the Justice League.

There has been outrage and confusion about around this Flash scene. But is this in fact the most realistic depiction of time travel ever on screen? Time is beholden to metaphysical philosophies. Like the proven scientific theory states, the faster we travel through the space the slower we travel through time. Yet, here the classical depiction of physical time transportation is being discounted in favor of portraying a more realistic ethereal perhaps spiritual destination.

Go back in the Bible, how, at many moments, angels appeared to prophets and saviors and told them of what events or battles would unfold. Zack Snyder is saying those those extraterrestrial visits were not predictions of all-knowing being, they were acts of time travel before time travel was conceptualized.
>>
I thought it was a dream. You faggots are saying it's an alternate future? That doesnt explain the giant flies.
>>
>>80927219
Batman represents radical islam. Living in the sand, trying to put his hands on some hazardous radioactive material, his only chance to deal with real superpower. Superman represents Christian US, obviously.
>>
God you're the kind of fucking faggot that helped BVS receive shirt reviews. Use your fucking brain and start to infer what happened using evidence in the movie. Christ
>>
>>80927418
>Random shit
Capeshit truly is the cancer of movies.
>>
>>80930805
It's a dream/vision of what COULD happen if Bruce doesn't intervene in the future and save superman from darkseids corruption dickhead.
>>
>>80930663

I don't know, man, I've read the Bible, and those angel visits don't sound like The Flash screaming and trying to hang around long enough to get his message across.
>>
>>80931540
Capeshit is supposed to be for people who actually like comics, all their retarded shit, and the characters.

It's not "random shit", it's establishing 'canon' and drawing from previously established timelines and information.

If you don't like comic books and don't want any in your movies, watch Marvel flicks instead. I'm serious.
>>
>>80930663
Wow zack is a prophet. He's the first person to think of someone going back in time to warn someone.
>>
It was flash. When flash sent his message from the future, Bruce's mind became connected to future Bruce's mind. The dream he was having is future Bruce's memory
>>
>>80931879
He's the first person to do it with the after effect of everyone shitting on it and acting acting aloof as if they're not watching a comic book movie.
>>
>>80931599

This, I think. I figured it was setting up the stakes for Justice League. Like Flash telling him stuff so that when the bad stuff comes, he's ready.

I haven't really thought about it, but Flash says something like "Nooo, I'm too early" after something about how Lois is the key, or he has to save Lois. It's like he was looking initially to just tell him something else, but then when he figured out how early he was, he started in with the "you have to find us" thing. Hm, I don't know.
>>
>>80927219
If Superman's mom or gf dies he will become bitter and vengeful like Batman, subduing the world. Batman learns this in a vision/nightmare of what the world would be like if that happened. Not complicated.
>>
It's flash from the future. Sending batman a warning by inducing a vision or connecting batmans brain with his future brain or whatever. Despite the flash's ability to do this, he himself can't be in the vision for an extended period of time because reasons. Of course, unless you're a diehard DC Cuck, a lot of these allusions are no where explained in the movie and somehow you're expected to put them together without knowledge of extraneous comic material.

But hey it looked epic and it wasnt black and blue...
>>
>>80932191

What comic material do you need to know? Flash says "you're right about him," "you have to save Lois," "find us, Bruce," and such. We know about the meta-humans, and we just saw how shitty things could be if Superman goes dark. Sure, they didn't break down the whole time travel thing, or have Bruce chat with people about it, but it's not like you need to know anything that isn't in the movie. The audience knows as much as Bruce. Bad things are coming, he's got to find the other meta-humans to get ready for it. The details aren't all explained, but that's what the Justice League movie is for.
>>
>>80932495
Mainly Injustice. It's a shitty comic although very popular. In it the Joker makes Sup kill Lois Lane and then nukes Metropolis, so Sup kills him in cold blood. Batman didn't like his buttbuddy dead and goes full retard, all ending with Superman becoming a dictator on earth. Good idea, shit execution
>>
>>80932495
You take for granted the audience even knows who flash is or what the omega symbol means. Or that they will watch justice league
>>
>>80927219
I believe it's a possible future where Darkseid ruins earth and Superman starts his own world order.
It's a combination of Darkseid War(where he succeeds, or very close to) and Injustice where Supes becomes a despot.
>>
>>80932957

It's just content put in for actual fans, the popcorn stuffing masses will go see it regardless.
>>
>>80927219
A dream sequence foreshadowing a future done.
>>
>>80932809

I see. Well, having not read the comics, I didn't feel like I was missing some vital piece of information. If something pisses off Superman in an existential way, then he could take over the world. Even a lot of people would probably very willingly follow him and gladly put on that Superman camo stuff. Bruce getting slapped with that vision is enough on its own. He was already worried about Superman, bad things coming in the future, you've gotta get ready is enough. Sure, you could make a whole movie explaining exactly how Batman ended up getting his mask ripped off by Superman in that cave, but it's okay if you don't.

>>80932957

The Flash isn't some super secret thing. There's that CW show about him; Sheldon wears that Flash shirt; and Bruce watches the video of him.
>>
>>80927418
Wow, you just put a cluster fuck of an explanation. It was a dream sequence foreshadowing a possible future.
>>
File: wat cat.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
wat cat.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>80927418
>incoherent rambling
>>
>>80928294
>>80933212
You've responded twice. That's enough.
>>
File: the_flash.png (29KB, 1557x140px) Image search: [Google]
the_flash.png
29KB, 1557x140px
>>80932957
The Flash is one of the most popular tv shows of the moment, much more than that daredevilverse or whatever that Netflix garbage is called.

Also the JL trailer BTFOd Spiderman's in about 6 hours so yeah, probably a lot of people will go see it
>>
>>80927796
so you explained that it the desert shit happens somewhere in the future? but what the fuck was it all bout?
>>
>>80933189
It wasn't a dream sequence, it was actually seeing a potential future thanks to the Flash.

>>80933212
Yeah I'll cede you that it was fairly incoherent, I'm fairly drunk. But I hit the salient points, which you'd know if you actually understood Batman as a franchise.
>wat
>cat reaction image
I'm gonna assume you're here from another website tho.

>>80933350
It was about Superman becoming a superdick and killing everybody because of certain choices that were made, which influences Batman's actions later in BvS and foreshadows events to come in Justice League.

I'm not even calling this movie "good" by any objective standard, I'm just tired of replying to people who haven't even seen it.
>>
File: 1487487096347.gif (1MB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1487487096347.gif
1MB, 250x233px
>>80927418
>>
>>80933119
That's my point
>>
>>80933172
Not everyone knows who he is. Not everyone is a comic buff nor do they watch the cw
>>
>>80933296
And how is the audience to know that was the flash?
>>
>>80933926
>Not everyone is a comic buff nor do they watch the cw
Only comic I read is a non capeshit one and I never watch CW. I know who Flash is. Just because you're Norwegian or something doesn't mean everyone else is.
>>
>>80927219
Why do those soldiers wear Superman's logo? Are they Super Troopers?
>>
>>80933926

Flash is mainstream, dude. Not that people know Barry Allen, watch the show, read the comics, but everyone knows about The Flash being a guy who runs fast. It's general cultural knowledge.

Guys like Darkseid, Cyborg, etc are pretty anonymous, but Flash, Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, and Aquaman aren't. Everyone knows Flash is fast and Aquaman is a faggy dude who talks to fish.
>>
>>80934017
Movie shouldn't rely on audience prior knowledge.
>>
>>80935425

Yeah they should, weirdo. Do you really want another origin story this time with Affleck, or do you think the filmmakers can rely on people to have enough of the basic idea of Batman?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.