[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck are you faggots not talking about this shit? Easily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

Why the fuck are you faggots not talking about this shit?

Easily the top suspense movie of 2017, with horror mixed in.

Shit was good. I originally passed due to critics shitting on it, fucking mistake.
>>
>>80925458

is it true that Deadpool died first?
>>
>>80925458

The alien was interesting, what with being smart enough to use tools as a fucking "baby". I wonder how smart it could get?
>>
>>80925542
The fucker guided a rentry probe to earth while looking Jake in the fucking face. It's safe to say he is fucking smart.

>>80925516
ya
>>
Bamp

>go to give lifeforms a little zap
>*autistic screeching*
>>
File: BeccaFerguson.jpg (92KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BeccaFerguson.jpg
92KB, 682x1024px
My waifu didn't deserve to die like that.
>>
I liked it.

Could totally see that ending coming when they explained their final plan to defeat the alien.
>>
>>80926584
She should have made her choice sooner.

At least deadpool figured out how fucked he was as soon as it was clear and came damn close to spacing himself
>>
>>80925458

I thought it was an entertaining movie but it wasn't great by any measure. A movie is much better when smart protagonists fail with a great plan rather than fail from their mistakes.

Also the fact that the creature could re-enter the shuttle from a thruster didn't make much sense.
>>
>>80926719
OP here. Yeah, good, not great. I don't see a movie beating the suspense of it though.

The critics make it seem like its a total disaster though. Faggots, All of them.
>>
>>80926719

Would have been a boring hour and a half if the alien just hugged a window and REEE'd in the heroes' faces for the rest of the movie.
>>
>>80926832
Then it would just make big anime eyes with hearts for pupils and the jap would most assuredly open the door for him.
>>
File: jake-gyllenhaal.png (215KB, 333x634px) Image search: [Google]
jake-gyllenhaal.png
215KB, 333x634px
>>80925458
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>80927004

I wonder how big it would need to get before it started speaking?
>>
>>80927212

It made noises at the end.
>>
>>80927291

I did see the cheerful grin it had when it trapped the korean guy in a pod.
>>
>>80925542
Does a cool as shit Rat killing turning it inside out. never happens again with the humans, or is explored in an interesting way

movie was mediocre, could be good if it didn't had obvious budget limitations.
>>
>>80927692
Nah, it just shaved the thing and squeezed the life out of it
>>
It was as run of the mill as you get
>>
>>80925458
looks like yet another alien ripoff, also I thought that third person was the guy from lost
>>
>>80927872
More of a thing ripoff, without the infection/doppleganger aspect.
>>
>when you're just having a sleep and some black guy electrocutes you and the whole situation escalates to destroying the space station because fucking normies never learn
>>
>>80928032
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>80927781
forgot to add early states reminded me of this fucker:
http://i.imgur.com/jqQ8PoC.gifv

thought that they were going that road and would make a cool evolution but apparently their creativity ended there.
>>
>>80928089
I thought it's evolution to space was quite good. A octopus would be far superior in suc an environment
>>
>>80928032

You forgot the part where the black guy forgot to secure the room and got the little starfish octopus gassed. It was after that debacle that he decided to shock the thing. Then Calvin flipped the fuck out.
>>
File: pepuke.png (179KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
pepuke.png
179KB, 500x483px
>>80925458
>Alien rip-off #758
>PG-13
>hip social media references
>Reddit Reynolds

pass
>>
>>8880928254

Shit, it was pg-13? Didn't feel like it at all. Has some decent gore.
>>
>>80925458

I think that an important part in the movie was the rat scene in the lab. Calvin was curious about the rat and could tell it was a living creature. He put his arms around the rat affectionately at first until the rat attempted to bite Calvin.

He never seemed to attack unprovoked until he knew everyone was working against him.

If he had not been shocked and developed more, I believe he and the doctor would have actually created a relationship.
>>
>>80928367
Just looked. Dumb frogposter, it was rated r.
>>
>>80928399

I disagree. Calvin has a curious nature and was benign until after the electrocution, but he's still a predatory entity and the crew could never have fed him enough to keep him from turning on them.

Calvin might have grown to like them, but a farmer loves his cows.
>>
>simple single-word title in thin capitals
>space worker crew
>the ultimate organism
>slowly hunting the crew
Name the movie!
Seriously though, this is beyond disgusting. It's a carbon copy, they're not even hiding it
>>
>>80928254
>false
>false
>which?
>no

why do retards who didn't even saw the movies like to shitpost this much? are they poor?
>>
>>80928514
My thing is why didn't they have a hard kill if the first firewall failed. A room sized incinerator, or something.
>>
>>80928534
At least you didn't post a frog this time.
>>
>>80928576

Should have closed off all the sprinkler heads and vents to that room and then drained the oxygen.
>>
File: rape goggles.png (355KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
rape goggles.png
355KB, 1280x544px
>>80928534
>ultimate
>not perfect

stop triggering my autism
>>
>>80928514

Any other predatory animal on earth doesn't take it's time to observe it's prey when it's vulnerable.

Also, I think Calvin was at his full size by the end of the movie as he had stopped eating the corpses. So his hunger wouldn't be insatiable.
>>
Benchmark for 5/10
>>
>>80928769

Still, did they have enough meat/water to feed it and themselves? And even if they did, are you suggesting any of them would want him out of containment?
>>
>>80928769
>>80928769
>>80928769
I disagree, I think he can evolve to fit his envienvironment.

Remember, he was far different at the very end.
>>
Anyone have a webm of reynolds death?
>>
>>80928936
It might be slightly to long for a reasonable webm.
>>
I really don't get why people don't like this. I thought it was amazing. My hands never sweated like this before. But everybody just calls it mediocre. Am i just a pleb? I don't understand.
>>
>>80928892

I think that if Calvin had grown more and developed a relationship with the scientist recognizing him as the food provider, he'd be perfectly docile and they could have moved him to a lab on earth without issue.
>>
>>80929099
Amazing is a strech. Solid 8/10. Good, not great. It was predictable.

Suspense was wonderful though, along with pretty visceral violence.
>>
>>80929105

No guarantees with that, though, since there may not be a size limit on him, assuming he continues absorbing biomass like he has been. He could get too big to handle, and far smarter than any human.

Then what happens if someone or something upsets or threatens him? He's already on Earth at that point and can be overzealous in dealing with threats.
>>
>>80929231
This. All it takes is some fuck to try to Allah Akbar him.
>>
People will watch Power Rangers and Beauty and the Beast instead for some reason
>>
>>80929188
I guess in my head Suspense=quality. It actually was predictable and i can accept it being good but all the critics are giving it mediocre score. It's definitely better than a b fucking +
>>
>>80929343
B in the traditional sense. Above average.

Critics are fucking faggots. They have been dead wrong about everything this year for me, in multiple mediums.
>>
>>80929312

It doesn't even have to be on purpose. Calvin became defensive because of an accidental CO2 leak. Eventually, something would happen to trigger an outburst and by that time, he could be unkillable.
>>
>>80929231
If he gets upset het gets shut the fuck down. He was scary on the spaceship because the crew were improvising scientist, in an enclosed environment and didn't have any weapons. In an actual lab back on earth with weapons and precautions that thing wouldn't get very far.
>>
>>80929475

You can't make that statement with any accuracy, since you don't know how durable he is. I grant that they have a better chance of controlling him on Earth, but he'll have time to study them too. If he grew to the size of a car, he'd still be able to do a ton of damage and kill a lot of people before being put down.
>>
>>80929475
Short of a nuke IDK what would stop him.

I was kind of expecting a nuke anyways.
>>
>first-billed are two meme actors and obligatory woman to cover affirmative action quota

no thanks
>>
>>80929675
>f...females? IN MY MOVIES?!
>>
>>80925458
I almost missed it because people shitting on it. I'm glad I didn't listen, this movie was boss. Almost more plausible than moat sci-fi and very grounded in reality ....
>>
>>80928254
rated R so 7/10 made me reply
>>
>>80925458
There's a real Alien movie coming out in a couple months, why would I watch the straight-to-video-tier knockoff?
>>
>>80929829
>dismissing the reality of affirmative action

Do you get paid by the hour?
>>
>>80929829
>>80930085

btw referring to women as "females" is incredibly derogatory
>>
felt like a B movie but with A-list actors, still entertaining at least
>>
>>80930191
The fuck you going to do about it, cakeboy?
>>
>>80925458
anyone has a stream for that?
>>
>>80930499
yeah, Id love to see it too, it's released in a month and a half here...
>>
>>80930191
We should just call them "its".
>>
It was a decent flick but still very forgettable. 6/10
>>
>>80925458
Good
>solid actors
>order of deaths was relatively unpredictable
>decent monster design
>minimal jump scares
>fun ending

Bad
>inconsistent rules (calvin keeps getting bigger until he doesn't for some reason)
>kills were somewhat boring (I kept waiting for one of the humans to get the rat treatment)
>plenty of idiotic decisions by protagonists

Overall I liked it but didn't love it.
>>
>>80931425
That's just not okay
>>
>>80931444
>inconsistent rules (calvin keeps getting bigger until he doesn't for some reason)
What? He was huge in the ending when they opened the pod.

>kills were somewhat boring (I kept waiting for one of the humans to get the rat treatment)
Ryan reynolds' was great other than him yeah they were not really creative.

>plenty of idiotic decisions by protagonists
This can be explained by them being in a real deadly situation tho. I would make idiotic decisions if i was stuck with an alien. Although i guess you could say they were supposed to be professionals and stay calm in situations like this. In that case you're right
>>
>>80931444
yeah but the ending was very predictable. after the movie did not end after the pods were split and there was a landing scene on earth I was pretty sure what will happen
>>
>>80931775
He was huge at the ending, for most of the movie he's at the same size despite feeding on multiple people
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.