[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is MDE ironic or not? My friends say he is ironic, and his videos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 7.jpg (6KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
6KB, 240x210px
Is MDE ironic or not? My friends say he is ironic, and his videos and TV show seem to be very goofballish and with a sense of self-irony, but it also seems like there's a genuine political message underneath it.
>>
that hairline tho
>>
>>80893826
>tfw /pol/ figurehead fits their same criteria for the cucked millennial nu male
>>
>>80893808

I've been an mde fan for years. since back when they had like 1000 or less view on each vid. I still wonder this. I honestly have no idea.

There are times when they seem so determined to satirize liberal mentalities, and succeed in doing so, but then they'll turn around and satirize the type of person who would be against those mentalities.

Jury's still out for me. I think they're just very determined to be nihilistically ironic.
>>
>>80893808
They just like to make funny videos, don't take it to srsly because you will start going nuts, they are always flirting with the paranoid/psychotic depressive mindset.
>>
>>80893808
political? sam doesn't get political, he does comedy
>>
>>80893808
>being friends with people that watch mde

I already know you're a fucking loser
>>
File: 1465892457953.jpg (473KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1465892457953.jpg
473KB, 2048x1536px
>>80893826
JUST
>>
He doesn't want western countries to be overrun with Muslims and Africans because he believes they will destroy western nations but he is not really a racist,and he is against third wave feminism, but he doesn't care if you're gay of a tranny.

He is just an edgy libertatian like Milo.
>>
File: samhyde.jpg (7KB, 135x101px) Image search: [Google]
samhyde.jpg
7KB, 135x101px
Anyone have his student films from RISD?
>>
both

it's meta-post-irony, lrn 2 21st century
>>
Hes only ironic ironically. Sam is straight genuine.
>>
pull out a citizen watch
>>
>Uses /pol/ to grow his fanbase and channel, his brand of comedy gets tagged as "alt-right"
>Adult Swim wanting a breath of fresh air bring MDE.
>Meanwhile, /pol/ is fucking with Tim Heidecker to such heights he makes a "cuck" song, so he becomes incredibly defensive to anything /pol/ and alt-right.
>Tim sees MDE having a show and since their brand of comedy is associated with alt-right and /pol/ along with its popularity makes Tim insecure.
>That makes Tim fuck with MDE's show, possibly getting it canceled despite the good reception it had for its first Season.

I don't really care about Sam, personally I only liked once of his sketches but he fucked up when he build his fanbase around /pol/. Maybe if he wasn't associated with them they might have gotten another Season.
>>
>>80893808
He's post-ironic, as in he's saying things in a joking ironic manner, but he actually means what he's saying. That way whenever someone calls you out on it, you can just hide behind "It's just a Joke or I'm just being ironic". I think all comedians base their jokes on stuff they feel uncomfortable or insecure about. I think when you're into post-ironic jokes it means you're insecure about your own beliefs. Case in point, all the Milofags who aren't willing to actually defend what he's saying, but always hide behind "free speech" or "he's just trolling/joking/a prank"
>>
He's definitely genuinely against Muslims, probably Jews too. Everything else is relatively ironic.
>>
>>80893957
I've only seen a couple of the things he's done, and my guess is he probably has political views that are against liberals but he still has a sense of humor over the other side.
>>
>>80895898
'ANE'
>>
File: 1485624465903.jpg (91KB, 810x936px) Image search: [Google]
1485624465903.jpg
91KB, 810x936px
>>80895983
>le tim heidecker cancelled mde

I'm getting tired of this severe autism
>>
I'm honestly not sure if he tried to hide swastikas in his show or not
>>
>>80896617
Except it happened, Tim "The Cuck" felt threatened by someone funnier and with more talent than him, liberals are nothing but weasels who loves soviet-style censorship and got the show eradicated by pulling some strings, since liberals are the most powerful lobby in the US. You can hear it clearly in that radio show when Sam fucked with Tim for minutes and basically destroying him forcing Tim to whine about his back like the little bitch he is. Sad!
>>
Whatever. Saw the man OHP well over 225lbs several times.
>>
>>80896828
No it didn't happen, the network cancelled MDE because of the backlash it produced

And what makes Sam funnier than Tim? World Peace barely had any funny shit in it, is it because it's le redpilled show?
>>
>>80896928
>Implying "funny" is what makes you laugh

modern comedy makes you think
>>
>>80893808
I'm just happy this guy will go down in history as a little bitch who failed at the one chance they gave him, he will get forgotten once Trump fails and sinks the US with him

If he kept his fucking mouth shut and stopped the /pol/ pandering and twitting those alex jones tier rants he would've been okay, even though the show already had political undertones with racism, they could've been ignored
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.