[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't there a single Christian in the entirety of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

Why isn't there a single Christian in the entirety of the Harry Potter series? I don't even think the word "God" is so much as mentioned.
>>
>>80875430

Can you imagine how awkward that would be? To be Christian and a wizard at the same time?
>>
Who cares?
>>
>>80875430
Probably because "God" was just a really powerful wizard and he suckered a few idiots.
>>
because the whole story is just a jesus allegory
>>
>>80875430
Why are american so obsessed with religion ?
>>
Why would there be? What relevance would it be?
>>
>>80875521
>Why would there be? What relevance would it be?

Because it takes place in Britain. Most of the wizards are britbongs.
>>
>>80875927
So?
>>
File: 1452362537982.jpg (85KB, 600x677px) Image search: [Google]
1452362537982.jpg
85KB, 600x677px
>>80875457
>>80875468
>>80875499
>>80875521
Does it ever get tiring being so buttblasted about entities you don't think exist?
>>
File: 1468083158487.png (461KB, 870x722px) Image search: [Google]
1468083158487.png
461KB, 870x722px
>>80875992
>>
>>80875956
The UK is a Christian country.

Religion plays a large role in a lot of people's lives. To have the entire series consist of 100% atheist characters seems a little odd, to put it mildly.
>>
>>80876071
>100% atheist characters
But that's not true, it just didn't show the religious aspects, because they are irrelevant to the story of Harry Potter. You don't know that any of them are atheists, because as you said, God is never discussed in Harry Potter.

Here are some other major aspects of Britbong life that aren't portrayed in HP:
1. mad lad bantz
2. trashing whole neighborhoods and killing people because your preferred football team lost a match
3. celebrating the queen's birthday
4. eating a toast sandwich
>>
>>80876232
>trashing whole neighborhoods and killing people because your preferred football team lost a match
That is established as happening though, except with Quiditch
>>
>>80876071
Have you ever been to the UK?

Christianity may be the majority religion but to say it plays a large role in many people's lives is slightly pushing it. It's more of a cultural thing than anything else.
>>
>>80876285
It is? I don't recall wizard towns getting trashed after Slytherin lost to Hufflepuff.
>>
Someone post it
>>
>>80876071
Try Islam.
>>
>>80876322
I'm pretty sure there's a riot mentioned when they go to the world cup
>>
He's not even real so who cares
>>
>>80876291
>Have you ever been to the UK?

No.

>Christianity may be the majority religion but to say it plays a large role in many people's lives is slightly pushing it. It's more of a cultural thing than anything else.

Is it like Catholics who go to mass like once a decade but still claim to be Christians or is it better/worse than that?

At least in burgerland you encounter fundamentalists fairly often. Admittedly it's predominantly LDS or Jehovah's Witnesses, but even a lot of Baptists are pretty hardcore. Plus a lot of "normies" cover their cars in Bible verses and fish symbols.
>>
Crazy Christians are pretty much a US thing. In the UK and most of Europe religion is pretty much not part of everyday life.
>>
>>80876071
>The UK is a Christian country.

Good one.
>>
>>80875992
Does it ever get tiring being so buttblasted about entities you think exist?
>>
>>80876947
>Plus a lot of "normies" cover their cars in Bible verses and fish symbols.

This literally never happens in the UK. Never, ecer seen it. Aldo don't remember the last time I met a christian who wasn't an immigrant.
>>
They have real magic.
>>
>>80875430
Why would a wizard ever be a Christian? If anything wizards would probably have their own religions.
>>
>>80877186
>Aldo don't remember the last time I met a christian who wasn't an immigrant.

?

I thought most of your immigrants were Muslims or atheist Yuropoors. Is it the Poles that are Christians?
>>
They wouldn't attribute anything in the bible to a higher power. One teenager could pull off much more impressive magic than 90% of what happens in the new testament.
Jesus would be just above a squib in terms of magical ability so why would they think he's the son of god?
>>
Rowling is a pretty devout Christian so I doubt it's anything sinister

Also Harry's parents had a Bible verse on their tombstone
>>
>>80877320
>resurrect the dead
>"just above a squib"

Sure, kiddo.
>>
File: 1488357472615.jpg (1MB, 1594x2857px) Image search: [Google]
1488357472615.jpg
1MB, 1594x2857px
The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian, but it’s certainly the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>80877350
nigga didn't regrow bones with a potion, just gave a guy late cpr
there's probably all kinds of potions and spells for that.
>>
>>80877352
Took you over an hour, faggot
>>
>>80877320
In the Harry Potter universe they can't magically create real food. Not even with the Elder Wand.

Jesus created food. He also brought people back from the dead.
>>
Pretty sure James and Lily have 1 Corinthians 15:26 on their grave
>>
>>80877403
Jesus made bread and fish he'd pre-prepped appear like a house elf.
>>
>>80875430
because it not an american movie where the director feels the need to make jesus reference every other minutes because one nation under god lmao
>>
>>80875430
she does mention a lot of occult stuff, in the books there is a mention to how the christians burned fake witches and how terrible they are. I can't remember which one. It's a very Euro-centric series of novels, so America doesn't even get mentioned afaik, which is odd.
>>
>>80877299
>I thought most of your immigrants were Muslims or atheist Yuropoors. Is it the Poles that are Christians?
how does this contradict his statement? all he said that "all" christians he met were immigrants not that most immigrants were christians
>>
>>80877231
And it would probably be some real esoteric shit
>>
>>80876071
>The UK is a Christian country
Protestants are heretics
>>
>>80877931
Calling Anglicans protestant is generous, they're a religion literally born out of a monarch wanting a divorce
>>
>>80877931
I agree.

They still follow to much of the teachings of the Mother Whore Roman C*tholic church.
>>
>>80876071
>Religion plays a large role in a lot of people's lives
Spoken like someone who's never spent any appreciable amount of time in the UK. Even for the majority of people who describe themselves as christian here, the only time in their entire lives they ever spend in a church are weddings and funerals.
>>
>>80875430
Harry Potter fucking prays in the books. Also their hospital in Hogwarts or whatever is named after a saint.
>>
>>80878527
>Harry Potter fucking prays in the books

To who?
>>
>>80878819
The British god, Allah
>>
>>80875927
Yes but it's not about normies. It's about weirdos who fly around on brooms and wave sticks at each other.

Why didn't American wizards stop 9/11? They probably didn't give a shit and probably didn't even know what the twin towers are.
>>
>>80878942
>Why didn't American wizards stop 9/11? They probably didn't give a shit and probably didn't even know what the twin towers are.

I think the better question is WWI and WWII.
>>
>>80879004
They didn't give a shit either. Ron's dad who is a member of the Ministry doesn't even know what batteries are. Wizards don't care about the normies and they indoctrinate normie kids who happen to get wizard powers at 10 years old, long before they'd know or care about most shit.
>>
>Europeans become all atheist
>Muslims move in and murder and outbreed the stupid white atheists
you get what you deserve
>>
>>80878819
Does it fucking matter if he didn't go "oh lord my christian father son and the holy ghost amen"
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.