[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>FLINT, BILLY AND JOHN have got the fucking shitty, dysfunctional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: Black_Sails_Poster.jpg (11KB, 300x373px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Sails_Poster.jpg
11KB, 300x373px
>FLINT, BILLY AND JOHN have got the fucking shitty, dysfunctional castle surrounded.
>GOVERNOR has ONE (1!) ship that can only bomb the fucking beach basically.

And they decide to fucking surrender Flint to the fort and let a messenger through

Why are the pirates written like fucking absolute gigaretards in season4
>>
why did they have to ruin treasure island, the most beloved young adult novel of all time with this trash?
>>
Also
>DUDE LETS GIVE THE GOLD BECAUSE WHY NOT LOL.

I swear to God this was written by 10 groups of writers that never checked what the previous group had written.
>>
>>80871862
TI is an incredible weak novel and the best parts of it is the mystery surrounding the pirate's origins which Black Sails definitely delivers on. Fuck off. Prat.
>>
>>80871927
Why was John Silver in ship at the first episode anyways
>>
>Every person in the show is gay
>Everyone is a poc
> I called that even Flint was gay.
Why can't the characters hold their own weight without relying on "I'm so special because i'm gay."?
>>
>>80871927
>treasure island is a weak novel
wew lad
>>
>>80872002
>>Every person in the show is gay
I was about to ask who else is gay, but then I remembered all the lesbians. For a pirate show they really went easy on the butt stuff.
>>
>>80872002
It is part of the cultural marxist way to look at history. Reflect the modern liberal-pseudoprogressive views on it.

The women who held power in the show wouldn't hold it if this was historical. They'd be killed or ignored.
>>
>>80872219
You've heard of Joan of Arc, right?

And you know Anne Bonny was real?

I agree with you about all the cultural marxist homo and dyke bullshit, but that doesn't mean no woman ever did anything of note ever.
>>
>>80872465
I didn't say they didn't exist. I'm saying they are reflecting, forcing and rewriting the narrative by pushing clearly modern ideas, themes, philosophies, acts of behavior, trends to historical era period shows (not so much in films yet)

I don't deny that yes there were powerful women (Europe had powerful queens even), but this is not the issue at hand. It's the completely manufactured and dishonest interpretation of them and the world that existed.

What a blog sorry.
>>
>>80872465
Joan of Arc was a mascot to the men, and a schizo.
>>
>It's Jack Reacharound fucks literally everything up because he is fucking stupid and beta rolled into one idiotic mess of flesh.

Jesus im so triggerered
>>
>tfw it's impossible to talk about this show without assreamed broflakes whining about bitches
only two more eps and I won't have to listen to you anymore
>>
>>80872002
>everyone in the show is gay
There are no gay characters. Flint is bi and it's honestly worth looking into if he's predominantly straight and his attraction to Thomas was an exceptional case caused by how much he enamored and respected the man's ideals. Eleanor was bi and was fully committed to her husband.

Anne and Max are a mess and have been inconsistently portrayed as of late so I can't really say much on that subject.

>Everyone is a poc
No. In the first 3 seasons, there were only two poc characters: Joshua (who was based in his own right and contributed a lot of personality to Flint's crew in the first two seasons) and Scott.

There are more poc now but considering we're talking about a failed settlement in the fucking Bahamas I don't see how poc in the cast is an issue.

>Why can't the characters hold their own weight without relying on "I'm so special because I'm gay"?

And now I want to hope this post is bait but that would mean that I've spent the last 5 minutes responding to bait.

Not a single character in this show relies on "lol I'm gay I'm speshul"
>>
>>80873946
>taking a bait this seriously
found the redditor
>>
>>80873946
The lead actor of the show specifically said that the gay romance of Flint was supposed to be a major part of the show.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/news/a661865/rupert-penry-jones-says-flints-gay-romance-on-black-sails-was-cut-back/

The actor himself relies on 'they're gay so they are special.'
>>
>>80873097
Rackham was a beta cuck in real life too.
>>
>>80874146
I'm just dim and autistic.

>>80874389
Well it wasn't a major part of the show, and even if it was, it wouldn't make Flint special. What makes Flint "special" is his cunning ability, naval prowess, and ruthless, machiavellian demeanor.

Not a single character is "lol I'm I'm speshul." Every bi/les/gay character contributes something much greater than their sexual orientation.

Anne had her relationship with Jack and was in the vanguard.
Eleanor knew how to run Nassau.
Max was a figure of social and financial prominence in Nassau and for a time empowered its piracy. She's part of the reason the Urca gold was ever captured.
>>
>>80874716
*Not a single character is "lol I'm gay I'm speshul."
>>
>>80874389

Well if you watched the show you'd know it isnt. Flint is still exactly the fucking same. Nobody mentions it at all anymore.
>>
stop replying to that retarded muh fags special meme bait.

lets discuss how Woodes Rogers burned his own wife and son just to show how fucking hard he is as a commander
>>
>>80871843
>Why are the pirates written like fucking absolute gigaretards in season4
They were going to have two more seasons but then Starz did the same thing they did to Spartacus and said they only had one to wrap the show up in, so suddenly the plot mechanics of getting everything into place as a Treasure Island prequel are laughably obvious and the characters aren't acting naturally. They aren't viable characters any more, they're tools for getting the story to its end point.
>>
>>80874806
You put words to what I couldn't. This is great description of the fucked up cause-effect logics of S4. And yeah they aren't characters at all. Like cliff notes of characters they used to be. John Silver's change to Long John is so sudden I don't even understand why people believe him when he says sky is red. This season is noticeably worse than S123

tfw haven't read Treasure Island

hopefull that new pirates movie is good tho
>>
>>80874796
Did that happen in the show, or are you talking about real life?

But yeah Woodes is menacing. Loved that conversation he had with Jack when he said the only things Jack knew about him were the things he wanted Jack to know, and I love how his character has developed ever since.

I figure at this point Woodes is more punished than Silver, maybe tied with IH, and less punished than Flint. And they're all on the same island.

Jack really has no idea what he's committed himself to. Anne will probably never see him again and Idelle will be back on the market.
>>
>>80874862
It's been painful to watch. If a good story in any medium, the characters should drive plot development such that any actions that move it forward feel like natural decisions they're making as real fake people. Black Sails really got that right in season 2 & 3 especially but everything in season four has just used the characters as cut outs. They don't matter any more, and their previous motivations and traits don't matter any more. All that matters is moving them from A to B to C to wrap things up.
>>
>>80874769
Watched the show and it WAS supposed to be a big thing until the people at the top said no.

Forced LGBT shit is a main occurrence in the show.
Being gay or lesbian is fine but if that's how your characters are defined which in black flag they are, then you have problems.
>>
>>80875005
>Anne will probably never see him again
In real life Anne was on Jack's ship when he was caught and hanged and she got off because she said she was pregnant. They didn't use the first half of that, but I figure they'll have her pregnant and her kid is the Treasure Island kid. It's a way to tie Jack & Anne as historical figures in with TI/all the fictional figures. That'll be the big twist.
>>
>>80875005
I was talking about show how Rogers going with Spain caused his waifu's death.

IH?
>>
>>80874716
>Muh i'm a strong female and my defining characteristic is that i'm great at everything and have no faults
>Did I also mention that i'm BI?

There is no reason for them to even tell us they are bi or gay besides some kind of agenda shit.

Women in movies and tv should be able to be good at things or special at things but just like a man have to have faults.

Just to add to the fact that women and lesbians/gays in this time period would be hanging from the rafters.

Just curious
Have you actually read TI?
>>
>>80875044
>Being gay or lesbian is fine but if that's how your characters are defined which in black flag they are
Except they aren't, you mouth-breathing retard.

>>80874716
>>
>Replying to zero effort shitposting.
Stop feeding the troll.
>>
File: 1.jpg (53KB, 604x637px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
53KB, 604x637px
>>80875092
>yfw the final episode has Anne Bonny claiming to be pregnant and thus escaping the gallows, and the final scene will be Max asking her what name she'll give her child, and Anne says "Jim"
>>
I have not read the TI book but is Starz going to make TI series or a film
>>
^ bait, do not reply.
>>
>>80875147
>IH?
Israel Hands.

>>80875148
>>Muh i'm a strong female and my defining characteristic is that i'm great at everything and have no faults
Who are you even talking about?

Eleanor? Because the show explicitly tells you what her faults are, that she's flippant as fuck, has a shit relationship with her father, and was too fucking stubborn to let people (Vane, Rogers) take care of her instead of the opposite.

If you think the show does explicitly comment on Max's faults, like how she Betrayed Anne and Jack and practically every remaining Nassau pirated who knew anything about her wanted to kill her, you're not paying attention.

My issue with Max is she's the only fucking character who isn't going to pay for her faults and all the shit she's caused. She's going to go frolicking into the distance after having sent so many people (most recently Jack and Featherstone) to their deaths.

>women and lesbians/gays in this time period would be hanging from the rafters
You're ignoring the context.

Eleanor was bi, but she ran Nassau and Vane was enamored with her. Without even knowing that she was bi, people wanted to hang her from the rafters and were unable to.

Anne was bi, but she was allied with a powerful as fuck crew with two of the most feared/prominent pirates of their time. No one's killing her because she's bi.

Max was bi, but she ran a fucking whorehouse and more importantly ran Nassau. She's investments in so many people that she's immune from petty shit like that, which she more or less says in S2 after Anne killed Charlotte and Max had to protect her.

Flint was bi, but he was among the most renowned pirate captains and tacticians of his time. People with legitimate power and legitimate reason to want him dead were unable to make it so.

Additionally, they were in fucking Nassau, a pirate hub, a place for freedom and deviance, and Anne, Eleanor, Flint, and Max did a good job keeping their sexual histories private.
>>
^>Actually writing that much as a response to a bait.

but, why
>>
>>80875565
>My issue with Max is she's the only fucking character who isn't going to pay for her faults and all the shit she's caused. She's going to go frolicking into the distance after having sent so many people (most recently Jack and Featherstone) to their deaths.
Most stories have these characters. Some just get away with it.

I was annoyed how Eleanor never admitted her faults and mistakes. She was so self-centered it's ridiculous desu.
>>
>>80875148
>there is no reason for them to even tell us they're bi or gay
Flint's crusade against the English is critically linked to his past with Thomas.

And sure there's no reason for the show to tell us they're bi/gay/les, but they're not. They're showing us that these characters are whatever they are through natural relationships. There's nothing wrong with that.

>>80875653
She did somewhat admit to her faults. There's a scene in S3 where she and Rogers are arriving in Nassau and she practically confesses that everyone there hates her because she was a flippant tyrannical bitch.
>>
>>80875806
Oh yeah that bit but then she kind of denies it when she blabbers something about change (which she doesn't do as she CONTINUES to be tyrannical bitch as evidenced by the fact that she shot at Govs. ship)

lol
>>
>>80875858
I think she did change. The most tyrannical thing she did was hang Vane while Rogers was ill and unconscious.

She was justified in shooting at Rogers' ship too, I think. Her pregnancy was a legit reason for wanting to stay out of that fight and it's too bad that ultimately he was just as dishonest about his motivations as she was with hers.
>>
Uh, why was Black Sails canceled? Isn't this like, most pop. of Starz productions?
>>
>>80876200
It wasn't. STARZ wanted another season at least, but the creators didn't.
>>
>>80876411
Now that's weird
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>80875565
>My issue with Max is she's the only fucking character who isn't going to pay for her faults and all the shit she's caused. She's going to go frolicking into the distance after having sent so many people (most recently Jack and Featherstone) to their deaths.
hopefuly titfu makes a sneaky revenge on Max&Anne, bc they killed/sent to death her bff Charlotte and bf Featherstone
>>
>>80875212
Apparently none of this spoilers...
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.