[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Godzilla: King of the Monsters - March 22, 2019 >Godzilla

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: godzilla vs kong2020.jpg (414KB, 857x600px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla vs kong2020.jpg
414KB, 857x600px
>Godzilla: King of the Monsters - March 22, 2019
>Godzilla vs. Kong - May 29, 2020

Monsterkino will annihilate capeshit. What are your hopes and expectations? How did you guys like the 2014 Godzilla film? How about Kong: Skull Island?

Let's also talk about classic Godzilla.
>your favorite Godzilla movie
>your favorite non-Godzilla kaiju from a Godzilla movie
>your favorite piece of music from a Godzilla movie
>>
>>80854486
>Godzilla vs. Kong

Isn't Godzilla 1000 times bigger than king kong?
>>
File: height.jpg (43KB, 731x341px) Image search: [Google]
height.jpg
43KB, 731x341px
>>80854549
Godzilla is 355 feet and Kong is 104 feet though they say in the new movie that he isn't fully grown yet.
>>
>>80854636
when will they learn...
>>
>>80854486
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM&t=54s
both skull island and zilla 2014 sucked, and the entire monster movie franchise will be just as bad as the DC one.

Even the first american godzilla was better, and Shin Gojira is the return of monster-kino, as it is the best monster movie of the last 40 years.
Shin Gojira and the original Gojira have the best music overall.
>>
>>80855506

>that shit taste

who told you you can speak sipshit?
>>
File: kong.jpg (113KB, 740x734px) Image search: [Google]
kong.jpg
113KB, 740x734px
>>80854549
Tell me... do you bleed?
>>
>>80855562
I'm sorry you are a manchild who likes garbage.
There's no hope for you.
>>
File: qZnZQ60.gif (3MB, 288x360px) Image search: [Google]
qZnZQ60.gif
3MB, 288x360px
>>80855591
Underrated
>>
I wonder what the running human plot will be from now on.
There has to be some kind of conspiracy element or something that ties all the following movies together. Especially after that Avengers type stinger in Kong.

Wasn't every other Godzilla film about secret alien invasions?
>>
File: godzilla.jpg (337KB, 800x824px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla.jpg
337KB, 800x824px
>your favorite Godzilla movie
2014 :^)
>>
>>80856154
2014 is not a real movie, it's a proof of concept shown to Toho so they would let Legendary use all their other monsters
>>
>>80854486

I'm just excited that we're getting a cinematic universe that could go in any direction. Unlike the DCEU or the MCU, there's no heavy telegraphing what's going to happen and there's not a whole bunch of consistent lore surrounding the kaiju. And the human element is completely unknown. Will the black guy and Asian girl show up again in "King of the Monsters"? Will the marine guy show up again? Who knows, but they're original characters so anything could happen.

>>80854636

Holy shit, I didn't realize there was such a size difference between Godzilla and Kong? How will even a full grown Kong be able to fight Godzilla? How big will Kong get?

>>your favorite non-Godzilla kaiju from a Godzilla movie

The only Gozilla movie I saw (besides the NYC one) was the Mecha-Godzilla vs Godzilla. So I guess, Mecha-Godzilla. The girl piloting him was a cutie.
>>
Kong: Skull Island > Godzilla (2014)

I'm looking forward to Godzilla 2 and Kong v Godzilla: Dawn of Kaiju.
>>
Personal theory:

I think Gidorah will definitely be a space monster. Just a hunch but i saw Kong for the second time tonight. They're all obsessed about hollow earth, but when they mention the people searching for extraterrestrial life, goodman shrugs it off calling them nuts. The irony here is that he's a hollow earther, and most would see him with the same stigma. Maybe ET does exist, and it's a 400 foot tall 3 headed giggling rape machine.
>>
>>80857048
>>80854486
Also, i liked Kong better, even though I'm a Godzilla fanboy. Both are good, just different pacing.

>Fav movie
Terror of mecha g
>Fav kaiju
Gigan
>Fav music
Godzilla's theme
>>
> in Vietnam (where the film was primarily shot and centered on), it scored the biggest opening of all time there with $2.5 million. This was a week following a huge model of the primate outside the theater caught on fire at the film's premiere.[48][55]

potterykino
>>
>>80856736
>Will the black guy and Asian girl show up again in "King of the Monsters"? Will the marine guy show up again? Who knows
more like who the hell cares
>>
>>80854486
>favorite Godzilla movie
GMK
>favorite non-Godzilla kaiju from a Godzilla movie
Megalon, just because he was a cheap piece of shit in the Gamecube game
>favorite music
It's hard to pick anything other than Godzilla's theme, but I'll give a shout-out to that weird swing jazz song the girl sang to wake King Caesar up for being so ridiculous

I usually am skeptical about these "cinematic universes" but I always liked Godzilla, so I have a little bit of hope for this one. I wonder if they'd be able to rope Gamera into this too. It's gotta be easier than getting Kong.
>>
>>80854549
How many times are we going to have this argument
They'll just make them the same size, what does it fucking matter
>>
>Godzilla in Japan is pushing ahead, doing new things
>Godzilla in America is in generic kaiju movies

What went wrong?
>>
>>80857683
>Literally going back to try and capture the essence of the original movie
>New things
>>
Wouldn't Godzila atomic fire breath turn kong into ashes in 5 seconds?
>>
is the monsterverse harder to shill than the dc capeshit? because those have all sorts of memes like nu-male, reddit, cuck, DChad, etc and it's more likely you have seen some of the movies; this kaiju shit seems way more niche and harder to hype up
>>
Let's have some real world pararels:
Crocodile vs Gorila

Who wins?
>>
>>80858007
JAMIE
>>
>>80858019
PULL UP THAT FORESKIN
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.