[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get this scene. Did Sauron not directly, physically,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1478723307565.png (625KB, 1024x426px) Image search: [Google]
1478723307565.png
625KB, 1024x426px
I don't get this scene.

Did Sauron not directly, physically, see Frodo? Does he not know that Frodo has the ring? Also can't he sense the ring and it's essence? With it so close to him, how would he not immediately know of its whereabouts as soon as Frodo entered Mordor?

Why did he not do anything? Wouldn't he at least be a little suspicious at seeing a hobbit walking through Mordor towards Mount Doom? He just ends up looking at the Black Gate instead of Frodo because of Aragorn's Army.

Also why did the Nazgul take so long to reach the mountain after Sauron found out the ring was about to get destroyed?
>>
File: frodo.png (325KB, 560x559px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
325KB, 560x559px
Why didn't Fordo just hide the ring up his butt?
>>
>>80849146
>Also why did the Nazgul take so long to reach the mountain after Sauron found out the ring was about to get destroyed?

because mt doom is miles away. they're not riding scramjets
>>
>>80849743
They're not walking there, they're riding fellbeasts.
>>
>>80849815
i get it. it's still a ways out.
>>
>>80849146
it's been so long since I read the books, but as I remember that scene it was more along the lines of frodo glanced over towards the tower, there was a brief break in the clouds/fog covering morder and frodo felt the cunting force of sauron's will for half a second, but it passed and he was watchign the army at the gates in the orther direction.

the film was a bit retarded with that, hmm I felt my ring in the backyard, shine my spotlight on it for a second, oh nevermind. but it works on screen so whatever.
>>
>>80850152
"They came to the path and found that it was broad, paved with broken rubble and beaten ash. Frodo clambered on to it, and then moved as if by some compulsion he turned slowly to face the East. Far off the shadows of Sauron hung; but torn by some gust of wind out of the world, or else moved by some great disquiet within, the mantling clouds swirled, and for a moment drew aside; and then he saw, rising black, blacker and darker than the vast shades amid which it stood, the cruel pinnacles and iron crown of the topmost tower of Barad-dûr. One moment only it stared out, but as from some great window immeasurably high there stabbed northward a flame of red, the flicker of a piercing Eye; and then the shadows were furled again and the terrible vision was removed. The Eye was not turned to them: it was gazing north to where the Captains of the West stood at bay, and thither all its malice was now bent, as the Power moved to strike its deadly blow; but Frodo at that dreadful glimpse fell as one stricken mortally."

COMFY LOTR THREAD ACTIVATE
>>
>>80850230
Am I wrong but did the book not imply that Sauron had some type of physical form?
>>
>>80849146
he could only see the ring if it was worn.
>>
>Did Sauron not directly, physically, see Frodo?
He did.
>Does he not know that Frodo has the ring?
He knows that an individual named Baggins that lives in the shire has it. It is possible that Sauron doesn't know what a hobbit is. Many humans have no idea what a hobbit is.
>Also can't he sense the ring and it's essence?
He can feel it when you wear it on your finger and you see him in the netherworld(?)
>With it so close to him, how would he not immediately know of its whereabouts as soon as Frodo entered Mordor?
He didn't know Frodo had it, he just assumed it was some random entity walking around Mordor.
>Why did he not do anything? Wouldn't he at least be a little suspicious at seeing a hobbit walking through Mordor towards Mount Doom? He just ends up looking at the Black Gate instead of Frodo because of Aragorn's Army.
Aragorn is a bigger threat. Your invasion army just got btfo and the descendent of the dude that fucked your shit up is knocking on your door, wielding the sword he fucked you with. He got incredibly paranoid.
>Also why did the Nazgul take so long to reach the mountain after Sauron found out the ring was about to get destroyed?
100 miles between Mount Doom and the black gate.

This is what I can come up with, some it is kind of farfetched and some of it contradicts other things.
>>
>>80849146
>Be watching TV
>Glance into your kitchen
>There's a murder with an AK heading toward your family's rooms
>Doorbell rings
>Oh gee wonder who it is, I'll go get the door

The whole eyeball is a Jackson thing. It was just metaphorical in the books. If you notice in fellowship it's never portrayed as an actual eye on top of the tower, then in two towers it is, then in rotk he has his beam of light so we know where he's looking. Shits metaphorical. Kinda stupid in the film tho, I agree. I think of it as just a way of amping the stake visually for the audience.
>>
>>80850527
>He knows that an individual named Baggins that lives in the shire has it
But he's seen Frodo wearing the ring more than once. He knows what Frodo looks like and he knows Frodo has the ring. That was in the first movie.

>He can feel it when you wear it on your finger and you see him in the netherworld(?)
I'm pretty sure someone in the first movie said that the Nazgul can feel the rings presence, but only know of it's immediate location when its worn, same goes for Sauron. My issue here is if it's so close to him, how would he not know that it's nearby?

>He didn't know Frodo had it
Yes he did. Or he should have, anyway.
>>
>>80850152
>frodo felt the cunting force of sauron's will

Yep, word for word... you have a great memory.
>>
>>80850798
Fair enough, consider it a plot hole. I haven't watched or read it in years so I don't remember exactly all the details.

If you are interested you could probably google each of your questions and find someone attempting to explain or justify it.
>>
>>80850362

You are talking about the mouth of Sauron? I think that was just a glorified spoke person that Sauron allowed to talk for him to provoke Aragorn and co.

Sauron never regains his physical form.
>>
>>80851166
He had a physical form in the book. It specifically mentions how Sauron tortures Gollum, who can recall how Sauron was missing a finger where Isildur cut off the ring.
>>
>>80849146
If the ring can corrupt dwarves, hobbits, elves, maiar, and men, why not just give it to a female?
>>
>>80851575

He didn't. He doesn't need to be physical to torture.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.