[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So you spend years trapped on a hellish island, the only thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

So you spend years trapped on a hellish island, the only thing keeping you alive is the thought of getting back to your wife. Finally you make it off the island and her douchebag new husband tells you she doesn't want to see you and to get over her, later you visit her and she still loves you and wants to be with you but you reject her out of some misplaced sense of morality. It's not like over half of marriages end in divorce and coming back from the dead is going to drive a wedge between her and her jealous husband, no it's perfectly ok to reject the love of your life because some random stranger who's package you've been keeping will surely love you just as much. Or maybe you'll just be forever alone with Wilson Jr, that sounds like a fulfilling life.
>>
>>80844112
So you spend years in school to get a job that happens to be in the World Trade Centre, all of a sudden a plane crashes into your workplace and you die, that sounds like a fulfilling life.

shit happens.
>>
>>80844235
You're comparing something that someone has no control over to something that someone has complete control over and acting like they're the same thing. Tom Hanks rejecting his wife wasn't some random act of fate, it was completely in his hands.
>>
>>80844859
They weren't married, they were dating and talking about marriage but his job kept getting in the way.
>>
The way I seen it was that he just didn't want to complicate things anymore.

He was a changed man after the island and he knew he would be uprooting her life if they got back together. She was doing the noble thing and returning to him, but he also did the noble thing and let her go on.
>>
File: 1485600032924.png (101KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485600032924.png
101KB, 300x400px
>>80844112
Helen Hunt should be gassed. End of discussion.
>>
>>80845049
That's not really the point.
>>
He knew they were hitting a pretty big roadblock in their relationship when he left.
He knew that she thought he was dead and did her best to move on.
He knows she has a good life now and wants her to be happy and his being around could ruin that.
>>
He only loved Wilson.
>>
>>80845110
Except theres nothing noble about it and if you think there is you're a idiot.
>>
>>80845225
Yeah it is. They were in love, but they were having compatibility issues.
>>
>>80845246
That's all there is to it. You might think autism is a made up disorder but not being able to grasp the most basic concept of this movie by the dumbfucks in this thread is living proof.
>>
>>80845265
Honestly losing Wilson was the saddest moment in the film.
>>
>>80844112
What if he objectively got a whiff of her after many years alone? Seriously though, many wish they had a second choice once they walked a certain path deep enough. Being cast away was his new destiny and he chose to embrace it, not blame it.
>>
>>80845288
>putting the happiness of someone you love first isn't noble.

>Ruining someone's marriage for the same of your own happiness, even though you will have the same problems you had before, is noble.

Sometimes love means letting go, anon.
>>
>>80845293
Marriage doesn't mean love and love doesn't mean marriage.
>>
>>80844859
He had control over his plane going down?
>>
>>80845374
>putting the happiness of someone you love first isn't noble
If Tom Hanks did that he would've gotten back with her.
>Ruining someone's marriage
Tom Hanks coming back to life already ruined the marriage.
>>
>>80845383
You're right, marriage means compatibility, and they where having issues with that.

She wanted someone who wasn't going to be away so much. He wasn't willing to give up the job that kept him away so much.
>>
>>80845438
Are you pretending to be retarded?
>>
I really thought he will leave at the end and will go look for his stranded island so he can come back.
>>
>>80845483
When did the movie show her and her husband getting divorced?
>>
>>80845497
>marriage means compatibility
It doesn't mean that either, lovers can be together for decades and never get married. Marriage is more of a legal thing than a relationship thing and always has been.
>>
>>80844112

He basically became a bad ass survivalist out of necessity. Tom Hanks had outgrown his previous life
>>
>>80845572
When your wife is prepared to run away with another man that's generally a bad sign of the direction your marriage is going.
>>
>>80845711
>tfw too intelligent to live like a normie.
>>
>>80845676
OK, relationships mean compatibility. They were having compatibility issues, which was affecting their relationship.

When he came back he realized she had found someone she was more compatible with and she would be happier in that relationship.
>>
>>80845265
I cri everytyme
>>
>>80845723
>Implying cuckoldry isn't hawt
>>
>>80845723
She wasn't prepared to run away. In fact it was a very rash and impulsive decision brought on by the emotional shock of the reappearance of her previously dead ex-boyfriend.

She was shocked and confused, she didn't have a bag packed just waiting to get out of her marriage.
>>
>>80845957
He should have at least fucked her desu family just to establish his dominance
>>
>The guy my ex left me for is a bad guy and she's a bitch for leaving me: The Thread
>>
>>80846091
Did you even read the thread?
>>
>>80845288

>I'm a spoiled millennial: the post
>>
>>80844112

I always thought if he just rocked back up and told his story it would be the foot in needed to find a new life with her.

She obviously is divorced, living alone and probably would see a viable partner in Hanks character amongst a sea of nobodies in the middle of nowhere.

The implication in the ending is that he'll try, but I believe the ultimate outcome is a relationship.

I preferred Her over Helen Hunt tbqh.

Also you're forgetting he didn't just reject her love because of the husband but because of the life she has made with him with the focus on the child. She was prepared to break that life for him, as much as he wanted it he pushed her back into it.
>>
>>80846142
Yeah, the whole thing.
I think OP has some lingering relationship issues and the movie poked at it a little bit.
>>
>>80846231
>>80844112
It's not that he assumes the other chick will love him, it's that she represents the new possibilities laid out before him.
>>
>>80844112
it was all secretly a test. As soon as she showed him she was willing to give up a stable life, a kid, and her responsibilities as a mother he suddently realized how she was just a vapid whore deciding shit on a fling

>and i want a new family with this cunt? nu-uh
he did the right thing
>>
He was sick of Helen Hunt's fake ass Tennessee accent anyway
>>
More like
>become top tier survivalist
>could survive by himself for years in the wilderness without even a lighter
>go back home
>your gf is now a suburban boring housewife married to Dr. Cuck who has to clean Ms. Harris' dentures at 3 pm
He ran for his life
>>
He even says he realized after a year or whatever on the island that she would have had to move on. Plus he was a changed man after four years and who wouldn't want to get out of Memphis to fuck that qt rancher? He literally gives her his package at the end
>>
>>80845530
not an arguement
>>
Thread Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP03ysPvfvc
>>
It's never not funny to me that he sounds like Woody
>>
>>80848250
>WE'RE NOT AIMING FOR THE RUNWAY
>>
>>80848250
>>80848328
>an actor sounds like a character they voice.
Hahaha, what show do you guys write for?
>>
>>80848584

"I've had sex with a woman"
you haven't seen it
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.