[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>audience laughs at literally anything the comedian says,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 10

File: 6d5Lh2M.png (902KB, 951x536px) Image search: [Google]
6d5Lh2M.png
902KB, 951x536px
>audience laughs at literally anything the comedian says, even when they dont get the joke

god damn I hate stand up
>>
Sometimes I laugh because the timing and delivery was really good despite not getting the joke.
This is why I think both timing and delivery are more important than the actual material.
>>
>>80790088
so youre a dumbass sheep then
>>
>>80790062
>I'm gonna sine yo pitty in the runny kine
>>
>>80790110
wow rude
>>
>>80790062
Well, do you know stand-up specials are also edited to add laughter to jokes that might not have actually gone over that well in-theatre, right?
>>
>set up is funny
>laugh
>punchline sucks
>immediately stop laughing

am I autistic?
>>
the audience is so cringey in both of the specials, there was always someone seemingly offended or uninterested in view
>>
File: 1477691727388.png (189KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
1477691727388.png
189KB, 450x472px
>Not watching it on mute and and the subtittles on ,taking the comedy entirely from the strenght of the writing and body language.
>>
Torrent?
>>
>>80790322
yes

not gona spoonfeed a tech illiterate retard tho
>>
>>80790322
netflix nigga
>>
AYYYY LMAO
RAY RICE
*audience laughs*

RAY RICE AGAIN!
*audience laughs*

LOLOLOLOL RAY RICE
*audience laughs nervously*

RAY
*audience gasps*
RICE NIGGA
*audience applauds and screams for dave's bbc*
>>
>>80790345
there is no torrent. you ain't shit
>>
File: Kj09zy2.png (907KB, 933x529px) Image search: [Google]
Kj09zy2.png
907KB, 933x529px
>talk about made up stuff that literally never happened

>audience laughs
>>
>>80790322
here you go my man
straight from reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/megalinks/comments/60t1m3/tv_dave_chappelle_two_cities_one_event_2017_720p/
>>
>>80790167
Maybe in a Jerry Seinfeld type situation, but usually the cameras are enough to get those dinner date couples going
>>
>>80790387
It's almost like he was telling jokes...woah
>>
it seems to me some of those in this thread may be having trouble. allow me to explain:

guys, you only have to laugh when you find something funny, not whenever someone else laughs.
>>
>>80790391
>https://www.reddit.com/r/megalinks/comments/60t1m3/tv_dave_chappelle_two_cities_one_event_2017_720p/

god when did this shit get so complicated i have no idea how to use this and i'm too burned out to fucking learn
>>
>>80790492
jeez, that's what i get for trying to be helpful, fucking dumbass needs to be spoonfed further
>>
>>80790536
>https://www.reddit.com/r/megalinks/comments/60t1m3/tv_dave_chappelle_two_cities_one_event_2017_720p/

I got to megasearch, put in the file hash, and nothing. Thanks for being fucking worthless.
>>
>>80790536
dont spoonfeed tech illiterate retards
>>
>>80790536
>>80790563
Its gonna be alright champ
>>
So /tv/, CAN you rape feet?
>>
>>80790570
because you just learned the shit on your own right? how the fuck am I supposed to figure this out if no one shows me jackass?

Fuck it it's not even worth it to watch this trash. Have fun in you foot and cunny threads, fuck this board, all of you are toxic.
>>
>>80790624
weak bait redditor.
>>
>>80790624
Its delicious when you give it a proper taste
>>
>>80790609
Depends on how ugly her face is
>>
>>80790635
says the guy posting shit directly from reddit with no explanation whatsoever on how to use this crap
>>
>>80790609
Hell naw nigga. Go up to the nearest qt and just fuck those feet.
>>
File: 1UgmQKP.png (9KB, 644x92px) Image search: [Google]
1UgmQKP.png
9KB, 644x92px
>>80790563
its a url dumbass
>>
ITT: guy talking to himself
>>
I was disappointed when I found out that this special is material he used a couple years ago. It just wasn't taped. You can read about it from an interview done awhile back.

Unless it took two whole years for the special to come out that is, which I doubt.
>>
>fucking another man is the most gangsta shit

wow, joke stealing much chapelle? fucking hack
>>
>>80790766
Just cause he's black doesn't mean he stole the joke
>>
>>80790670
https://mega.nz/#F!HtFR1TRY

Just add to mega.nz and you're golden. I did it for you above
>>
do you need to watch his special to get it or can you just listen to it? is there a lot of visual humor?
>>
>>80791362
occasionally there is visual humor
his face and gestures make up half the humour
>>
>>80790110
Timing and delivery are every bit as important as the joke itself, you pleb.
>>
>>80790192
Monty Python didn't write punchlines for that very reason.
>>
>>80792108
IF YOU DON'T GET THE JOKE, HOW CAN YOU KNOW IF IT'S GOOD TIMING??
>>
>>80792843
how do you know they didnt get it you projectionist retard
>>
>get tickets for free to Seinfeld standup.
>Pretty average jokes overall, very white toast, can't actually remember any of them now.
>Remember it not being that funny though, but I can remember everyone laughing their asses off and laughing too.

It's got to be something about the atmosphere, or wanting to make the tickets worth it.
>>
>in burgerland you can go to jail for throwing a snowball while using a racial slur
Is this true?
>>
Yeah, but did Oj do it?
>>
>>80793073
>pretending your country doesn't have hate crime laws to try and get good /pol/ points online
>>
>>80790062
>If I don't like this joke there is no way anybody else out there could like that joke, they must just be pretending because my taste in comedy is objective and everyone thinks and enjoys things in the exact same way

Woah bud that's some next level autism right there.
>>
>>80790387
My black friend went to college in a small town here in Ohio. People would literally roll down the window and shout "nigger" at her on a regular basis. She didn't mind too much but it definitely happens here.
>>
>>80790062
Nigga got a funny voice.

YOU'LL BE FUCKING FAT GIRLS IN NO TIME!
>>
File: 1487212452488.jpg (9KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1487212452488.jpg
9KB, 249x249px
>specials drop
>everybody loves them, /tv/ included
>/tv/ notices that everybody loves them
>starts pretending they're bad
Every fucking time.
>>
>>80792873
>projectionist retard
Suddenly
>the image of a drooling imbecile getting burnt by the lamp in the back of the cinema
kek
>>
>>80793155
>hate crime
Not really, it's Russia.
So, you can go to prison for a snowball? And it's not weird to you?
>>
>>80790429
Haha nope. Every single professionally recorded special from a comedian in an amaligimation of several sets usually 2 filmed a night for 2 days, with all the best deliveries stiched together to create a Frankenstein monster of their "perfect" set. They manipulate things to the point there they will move people in the audience to get the best looking ones in the front row for the cameras. Just directing stand up specials is a career now, older comics like Bobcat Goldwit are making a killing doing all this. Of course they add and move laugher to make the set look better, it would be idiotic not to.
>>
>>80793254
/tv/ was certain liberals would hate it because they think the most extreme vocal sjws are the average. When confronted with the fact that most liberals don't mind gay and tranny jokes in context, they are left with no choice but to conclude Dave wasn't actually being anti-PC and is just another dirty nigger.

If someone started spamming screenshots of tweets of pissed off SJWs you could easily change their opinions again.
>>
>>80790346
>paying for TV
lol
>>
>>80793275
I like save. It I never laughed once.
I was interested most of the time but I didn't even chuckle.
I think it's because I prefer a comic who works the room and cares about his audience
Save could give a shit, it's why he fails when heckled versus someone like bill burr, that works it masterfully.

Came off as either lazy or unskilled really.
>>
>>80793322
I've seen John Mulaney live and his live performance is exactly on par with his specials. Consistent hits and laughter throughout. Maybe you've just been watching shitty comedians.
>>
>>80790283
I really hope no one actually does this
>>
>>80793275
A tightly packed icy snowball can be as dangerous as a rock, so it doesn't seem far fetched in a country where assault isn't legal.

Unlike Russia, the US doesn't have bands of vigilantes who run around beating up unpopular groups.
>>
>>80793322
>Every single professionally recorded special from a comedian in an amaligimation of several sets
Just, no.
>>
>>80793437
Wait they don't have assault laws in Russia? And this is the country that trump loves? What a barbarian
>>
>>80793385
For new in town and comeback kid he filmed over multiple nights in Chicago. I've saw Mulaney kill his Comeback Kid set around Boston about 8 months before his special came out. Comedians rigorously practice sets and work to make them as good as possible before attempting to record and sell, so of course they would work and edit to make the footage look and sound as A+ as possible before putting it out there.
>>
>>80790387
>jokes actually happened
>>
>>80793155
This kinda goes beyond pol. Insulting someone while being inconvenient is now a hate crime?
>>
>>80793490
I may have missphrased there. They record the same set several times and then stitch the best version of that together. Like how a director will shoot the same scene/dialogue from different angles.
>>
>>80793634
Not saying this doesn't happen but stating that every single one does this is hyperbolic.
>>
>>80793559
Throwing something potentially dangerous is assault. The law can't practically go "well this was a loosely packed snowball". Sure, a court would probably be very lenient, but you can still very much press assault charges for a snowball. Dave Chappelle knows this and was taking advantage of this legal limitation of the law, hence the joke.
>>
>>80793322
Literally give me ANY source for this.
>>
>>80793559
>being inconvenient
You mea chucking and icy ball at someone?
You could absolutely hurt someone with that shit
>>
>>80793666
A professional doing something different would be highly unusual though, as the way I described is the overwhelming norm. I just saw the second show taped at the Wilbur for Norm McDonald's new special recently which was done in that fashion and Chelsea Peretti actually did a really fun commentary on It in her special. She made the edits incredibly obvious like she wore a different outfit for every set and used crowd shots from every event so the crowd was constantly changing but played it all of as one straight hour so the entire thing looked like one big continuity error.
>>
>>80793274
reddit
>>
>>80793559
>pol
reddit
>>
>>80793725
In a few months Norm McDonald will have a new special filmed that way at the Wilbur theater in Boston Mass. Pretty much every special without the word "LIVE!" In the title will be filmed this way because it's easier and can insure quality.
>>
I ran sound at a comedy club for 3 years

I ran sound for chris tucker, joey from full house, tom green, steve o, mankind from wwf, that chinese guy from tbs show, bobby collins, tammy pescatelli, carlos mencia, rich guzzi to name a few.

I lived in a relatively small town so it was big deal to get those people here.

The thing about comedy is that its mostly normie business people in their 30s and 40s attending these things...

So when they go out to these things, they are letting go of their lives for a few hours and making a commitment to have a night of release, they are more susceptible to enjoying themselves.

Kinda like how a girl will tolerate bad behaviour from a guy because she wants a rebound for the night...

going to comedy show is similar. They want to have a good time and escape for a night, so they make sure it happens.

That is why jokes that make you think dont land and the meme jokes always deliver.

Also every comic just about said this...

you dont do your jokes... you do jokes from the demographic of the audience your performing for.

Bill Hicks used to get trashed because he didnt conform.
>>
>>80793989
you post like a stupid nigger. fuck off.
>>
>>80793814
>>80793699
Well yeah, the snowball part, sure. No issue. Thing is with what dictates that when people are insulting, at what point does a use of a slur become a hate crime? And is it only racial slurs?
>>
>>80793254
This 2bh
>>
>>80793989
Don't space your posts like that, newfag. Sticks out like a sore thumb here.

Also, you're just fucking wrong. Most comedians have sets prepared well in advanced of actual gigs and do the same material over and over again at every venue with very, very little variation. It's why you see comedians do the same jokes on the late night couches that they do in their specials, or in their podcasts or whatever. Writing good jokes takes a lot of time and preparing a cohesive set takes a lot longer. They don't have 10 fucking sets to choose between. Pretty obvious you're roleplaying.
>>
>>80790387

He's not trying to deceive anyone. One of his old bits was about being on a fucking hijacked plane, the audience knows it's bullshit for the sake of a joke.
>>
>>80794113
faggot
>>
>>80790670
>>80790624
>>80790492
>>80790563
Fucking kill yourself. How do you even manage to function in the 21st century?

You should be put down, because you are clearly not made for this age, you luddite subhuman.
>>
File: 1489851174104.png (66KB, 693x496px) Image search: [Google]
1489851174104.png
66KB, 693x496px
>white police still be killin' us n' shiiiet
>crowd laughs
>>
>>80794113
He's right, as a comic you have certain sets tailored to certain audiences because that jesus abortion bit that plays in LA will get you killed in Burmingham Alabama. It's not literally a whole new set but different regions perfer different things and as a road comic you have to learn what plays where and unless you're a G rated comic like Jim Gaffigan or Brian Regan you're gonna want to use your Hillary bit in the midwest and save your Trump jokes for thr costal states.
>>
>>80794085
Shouting "nigger", "faggot", "kike", etc. Would probably qualify. As far as hate crimes go, you just have to convince the court the intent of the crime was motivated out of discrimination.

I personally find race crime legislation to be well-intentioned but absolutely horrible in actuality. But again, Dave wasn't making a political point about it or condoning it, he was simply using it's existence to his advantage.
>>
>>80794338
It's a shame that they can't just focus on police militarization in general and have to make it exclusively a race thing. I think it ends up detracting from the actual very serious issues with the US police system.
>>
>>80794458
they need that equipment. Chimp wrangling is a dangerous job.
>>
>>80794486
Absolutely, goyim. The government controlled police state need military equipment. They'll never turn it on us normal citizens, right?
>>
>>80794486
They seemed to do just fine when they weren't trained to shoot anything that moved.
>>
So is Dave actually a foot fag?
>>
>>80794458
Every country has problem with its police force because at the basis of the police system there's the idea of giving a lot of legal and physical power to people that are mostly ignorant, poorfags or both.
And it's like that all over the world.

Except the UK apparently, where a cop has to be unarmed so he can get killed by random Muhammad with a knife lol.
>>
"He rapes, but he also saves." is probably my favorite brick joke of all times. What the fuck, he still got it.
>>
>>80794751
Yeah, but not all countries practice the same training and certainly not all countries sell tanks, assault rifles, and other military equipment to police departments.
>>
>>80793989
based
i
l
l
>>
Wait. People didn't like this?

I'm really fucking picky about my standup, and I loved it.
>>
>>80790062
What do you expect? He was gone for a decade and the hype has only increased as he's been cemented as the best of the generation. You can see it with every super popular comedian, theres a point where the audience finds the person funnier than the material.
>>
>>80793989

Nice reddit spacing and nice lies.

Go back and host an AMA where you tell le epic stories about your amazing "job"
>>
>>80790218
So many white dudes taking their 25 year old white girlfriends to a show beyond their comprehension
>>
>>80795612
If people post articles like this enough on here /tv/ will act like it's the greatest thing ever made.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/article140089558.html
>>
>>80793322
Doubt it. Watch Hannibal Buress's newest special on Netflix. He usually has his audience in stitches but there's so many times in that one where they just didn't like the jokes that much and only a handful of people laugh. It's almost uncomfortable to watch. I say that as a fan
>>
>>80796000
See. this is why I can't stand liberals and SJWs.

I am trans, dick chopped off and everything. His trans jokes were fucking great. Almost all of his jokes landed with me.

Fucking uptight white people either are so conservative they think Alex Jones is a preacher or that Femen is a humanitarian peace organization.
>>
Live standup is less about the jokes themselves and more about the atmosphere. If you've never been to a show, I really recommend it.
>>
>>80796444
Kill yourself, freak
>>
>>80796444
Case in point.

You realize that your frustrations are based solely on like 2 tweets from literally nobodies that the writer of that article found and shared presenting it like they spoke for an entire group, right?

I don't believe in media conspiracies, but shit like this is the most lazy and somehow effective method of mobilizing groups against each other I've seen.
>>
>>80793275
>>80793437
>>80793512

Russia has hate speech laws more restrictive than the EU's and the US, you can go to jail for half the shit people on /pol/ say
>>
>>80793559
Who said it was a hate crime, retard? It's still assault
>>
In can't get over how defeated he looks in the interviews
>>
michael swaim from cracked was in one of the audience shots on the first episode
>>
File: chappelle.jpg (10KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
chappelle.jpg
10KB, 320x240px
>>80790062
I didn't understand why they were laughing when he is speaking about the Challenger Space Shuttle disaster, there was literally no joke when he was talking bout that. Made no sense.
>>
>>80790283
But if you're reading the subs, how can you read the bubs?
>>
>>80790283
this is the most retarded thing.
>>
>>80790062
>Comedians punch up the laugh tracks in recorded specials
>This is new and interesting news

When did /tv/ suddenly forget how fucking tv works?
>>
>>80790492
>>80790536
>>80790563
Seriously? It took me less than a second.
>>
>>80793725

Jim Norton has talked about this a lot on O&A. The specific episode I can remember them really getting into it was right after Louis CK made his own special with no input from suits and they were discussing it together on the show.
>>
>>80797171
D E L I V E R Y
E
L
I
V
E
R
Y
>>
He laughs to much at his own jokes too. And it's always in the same way. Head down, snickers, and turns around from the audience.
>>
>>80793820

I don't know how I didn't realize that's what she was going for. I thought it was more of a "what Chelsea sees vs. reality".
>>
Andrew Daly does a great bit on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW6SHmzKZv4&ab
>>
File: FLOCKA.jpg (55KB, 847x480px) Image search: [Google]
FLOCKA.jpg
55KB, 847x480px
>>80794344

This. Even in the same town, there's different vibes.

There's lots of comedy in Atlanta. Star Bar on Mondays is a free show in a smoky dive bar in a "cool" part of town, so the weed and pussy jokes kill. Laughing Skull in downtown Atlanta is $10 and has a two drink minimum, and you'll get booed off stage for saucier stuff, because the crowd is older. Then you have crowds (Aziz and Louie talk about this) who come to see a particular comedian, so they know what to expect, and the comedian can just do their bit.

There's no one size fits all approach to comedy, in material or delivery. Comedy is about knowing your audience. If you know you audience, you can even shift your jokes around a little. There's many ways to tell the same joke.
>>
>>80790062
NIGGA I FUCK FEET
>>
File: OI MATE.png (230KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
OI MATE.png
230KB, 640x360px
>>80794997

A lot of people don't understand that this is what separates the men from the boys when it comes to comedy, and it's something people learn in improv more than standup. It's all about those callbacks. If you can tie your whole set together with a few lines every 5-10 minutes, people will think you're a God. "It's like poetry".

I'm not knocking it either. The four stories of OJ and the "rapes but saves" tie all together thematically. He's a real professional, and I respect that.
>>
>>80793725
Jim Norton talked extensively about this for weeks before his Netflix special came out.
Patrice O'Neal thanked the audience coordinator for putting big titties in the front row of Elephant In The Room.
Louis CK talks about this all the time. So does Seinfeld.
Chris Rock intentionally cuts together different venues and outfits because he finds it funny in just about all of his specials.

People like you are the reason /tv/ is shit. Go back to your TWD threads
>>
So much
>muh black victimhood

Meh, it sucked
>>
>>80794598
Have any of you retards looked at footage from random traffic stops?

Fucking people will pull guns on you, shoot you, then run for no fucking reason whatsoever

There's a reason cops pull their guns out quick. A second too late and you're fucking dead
>>
>>80790741
this is how comedians usually do specials. they test the jokes out on audiences before taping it. you may be able to imagine how this would work refining jokes.

if a comedian doesn't do this, you get something like the Amy Schumer special where all the jokes are rehashed from her previous specials and nothing is really that funny.
>>
>>80800498

Really? You're going to criticize Dave Chappelle for black victimhood? The mother fucker that made his fortune by propelling self-depreciating black comedy into the 21st century? I swear, it's like you were born when 'Killing them Softly' was released.
>>
>>80790218
I did notice in every shot of a guy and girl there together in the audience one was laughing hysterically and the other was visibly uncomfortable.

What makes this a good stand up is sometimes it was the male and not always the female with a stick up their ass. Dave Chappelle transcends boundaries
>>
>>80800666
I think it's more that some people get tired that every black comic and their dog talks about "the projects"
>>
>>80800740

Dave did a brilliant job NOT covering old ground in these new specials. Sadly, I would know better than most, as I have memorized most of Dave Chappelle's comedy specials, HBO half hours, Def-Jam Skits, Youtube-filmed amateur appearances, and his Chappelle Show. I was very eager to check out his new material and was pleasantly surprised to find it all from the last 2-3 years.
>>
>>80800278
>Chris Rock intentionally cuts together different venues and outfits because he finds it funny in just about all of his specials.

Chris Rock only did this with "Kill The Messenger" tho.
>>
>>80800548
>Judge Dredd is justified because the world it scary!

How do you justify shooting people who are running away from you?
>>
>>80790110
>>80790088
>>80792108

Watch Stewart Lee do stand up. He doesn't make jokes, he just uses the rhythm, timing and delivery to make it comedic. Jokes are for plebs. The real humour is in the technique.
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.