[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have no place to discuss movies since IMDb shut down This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: imdb logo.jpg (47KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
imdb logo.jpg
47KB, 600x350px
>Have no place to discuss movies since IMDb shut down

This is so goddamn annoying
>>
Don't come here then, go on, GIT!
>>
>>80758435
Are you White Fanging me?
>>
>>80758068
Go here. Same thing as IMDB with discussions:
https://www.themoviedb.org/?language=en
>>
imdb boards were terrible, infested with some of the most retarded people I've ever seen on the internet
>>
>>80758641
True but once in a while you'd find a good thread, unlike this shithole
>>
>>80758068
You never had a choice in anything but the flavor of stupid, all the sites are bad.
>>
File: Annoyed-Middle-Age-Business.jpg (122KB, 866x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed-Middle-Age-Business.jpg
122KB, 866x1300px
>>80758068
I know. It is truly disconcerting that we can no longer get real opinions about movies, and TV anymore. Thanks to the board being shut down now all that we have are paid critics paid to like everything.

Sure there were lots of crude comments, and insults, but I was able to filter that out on my own to find well thought out opinions.
This is obviously a corporate move to silence the negativity of repetitive entertainment lacking true creativity.
>>
>>80758068
Just letterboxd, they have a wonderful and diverse community eager to talk about the latest Star Wars film
>>
What is /tv/ for $500, Alex?
>>
I'm 100% convinced that Disney got the boards shut down. The Force Awakens board was brutal lol.
>>
>>80758641
>he says
>on 4chan
>>
>>80758485
The mobile ui makes my head hurt. Also IMDB boards had something magical, you could enter the board of some obscure 80's movie and there would be discussions about small details that the viewer usually misses, plotholes, weird scenes and things like that.
>>
>>80758068
Have you try Letterpleb?
>>
I heard that Jeff Bezos came in his office depressed six months ago because it had been two whole days since he fired anyone and replaced them with robots. He spun a big wheel with the names of all the businesses Amazon owns and it landed on IMDb.

Two minutes later he had his artificial intelligence people in the room telling them he wanted to fire all the moderators on the message boards and replace them with computer algorithms. When they told him that was not going to be possible because they would still need human judgment to decide how to moderate the boars he went crazy and fired everyone in the room.

One hour later he decided that if he could not fire anyone in that department he was going to destroy it completely.
>>
I'm so fucking pissed they shut down the boards..

first thing i did after watching a movie was check the boards, read up if I didn't understand something. they were some really good posts.
also got a bunch of great movies recommended in the boards.

now i have an empty space in me
>>
>>80760537
>if I didn't understand something. they were some really good posts.

Agreed. There were real advantages to having the board despite all of the idiotic comments. That is what companies do not like. They don't like honesty, or content that can't be controlled. Most people in this board know how to ignore foolish comments, and that in searching for carefully explained observations, it means looking through both the good, and the awful to find useful clarified observations.
>>
File: 2thumbsup.jpg (54KB, 556x395px) Image search: [Google]
2thumbsup.jpg
54KB, 556x395px
>>80758068 rogerebert.com comment section
>>
>>80758068
That's what /tv/ is for
>>
>>80761775
>That's what /tv/ is for

Not for long. With IMDB down it is only a matter of time before shutting down /tv/ is next.
>>
>>80761775
I thought /tv/ was for looking at pictures of sexy little girls?
>>
>>80758641
What kind of retarded was it?
>>
>>80761928
Did you ever encounter a dude names Alien Defication?
>>
>>80761775
Not really. Sure popular shows like GOT, Walking dead, ect you can have a discussion about it, same with big movies, but if I wanted to talk about lets say the movie "Fort Apache, The Bronx", the thread would 404 with no replies. IMDB boards however you could find other people on almost every title.
>>
>>80759919
Yes. Take the dumbest people on 4chan, give them usernames. And you have IMDB.
>>
File: 1454909636486.jpg (2KB, 125x119px) Image search: [Google]
1454909636486.jpg
2KB, 125x119px
>>80761908
I wonder who might post images of little girls, naked black men, and naked women to degrade the website, and make it seem as if a place mostly for degenerates?
>>
File: 1488285831927.jpg (109KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488285831927.jpg
109KB, 900x900px
>>80762046
I wonder who might shitpost about dumb conspiracy theories at every opportunity?
>>
>>80761928
Mostly normie mouthbreathers and average dumb teenagers.
Granted not everyone was that, but ratio of dummies was way bigger than, let's say 4chan
>>
File: IMG_0926.png (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0926.png
30KB, 600x600px
>>80762046

/pol/. /pol/ is the reason there's so many degenerates here
>>
>>80762160
>>
>>80762117
>>80762160

I must have touched a nerve to get such speedy responses. Some of us are not as one sided as those in /pol/ and being told we are by those such as you one sided with your opinions.

People can think for themselves, and have opinions that apply right and wrong to both sides, and decide for themselves what is of the best interest of both.

Now I'm waiting for a fedora response.
>>
>>80762371
>acts retarded
>hurrr i hit a nerve such master trole xD

kill yourself
>>
>>80762503
No, that was my honest opinion, but since you disagree your insults were as expected.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.