[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is Scientology so untouchable despite all the attention it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1474676919095.jpg (69KB, 355x483px) Image search: [Google]
1474676919095.jpg
69KB, 355x483px
How is Scientology so untouchable despite all the attention it's gotten on TV?
>>
because ~~~they~~~ are influential in hollywood
>>
manlets are just too small to catch
>>
>>80735465
Because they have shitloads if money and will drag anyone who challenges them into a never ending lawsuit battle until they give up or run out if money for legal fees.
>>
File: IMG_0035.jpg (135KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0035.jpg
135KB, 1200x1200px
>>80735465
Just like the Jews- extremely rich and a massive influence over the media
>mfw someone will condemn Scientology but not the Jews
>>
>>80735622
How have the Feds not made any significant moves on them? It's a little unbelievable after all they've been exposed for. Not enough of a public outcry against the organization? If some guy in your neighborhood was accused of half the shit the church has done then he'd be raided
>>
File: 1475758827050.png (647KB, 1225x689px) Image search: [Google]
1475758827050.png
647KB, 1225x689px
It is absurd. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but could they be paying govt off somehow? They infiltrate the govt in a big way, the biggest a couple decades ago.
>>
File: louis cos 2.png (761KB, 1225x689px) Image search: [Google]
louis cos 2.png
761KB, 1225x689px
>>80735800
>Operation Snow White was the Church of Scientology's internal name for a major criminal conspiracy during the 1970s to purge unfavorable records about Scientology and its founder, L. Ron Hubbard. This project included a series of infiltrations into and thefts from 136 government agencies, foreign embassies and consulates, as well as private organizations critical of Scientology, carried out by Church members in more than 30 countries.[1] It was one of the largest infiltrations of the United States government in history,[2] with up to 5,000 covert agents.[3] This operation also exposed the Scientology plot 'Operation Freakout', because Operation Snow White was the case that initiated the US government investigation of the Church.[3]

>Under this program, Scientology operatives committed infiltration, wiretapping, and theft of documents in government offices, most notably those of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Eleven highly placed Church executives, including Mary Sue Hubbard (wife of founder L. Ron Hubbard and second-in-command of the organization), pleaded guilty and were convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property.
>>
Does anybody take Scientology seriously anymore? Seems like the jig is up for them now.
>>
>>80735800
>>80735857
Maybe they found some damning documents that they use as leverage?
>>
>>80735857
Seems more plausible that they found something the government didn't want to get out and are now blackmailing them. False flagging for war, drug trades, human trafficking, etc.
>>
>>80735800
source on pic ?
>>
>5'1

It explains everything
>>
The best way to start bringing it down is to take away it's status as a religion and make it pay all of the taxes it has been exempt from paying.
>>
>>80735679
You don't usually hear about Jewish wives not being seen in public for years in a massive cover up.

Jews have a strong sense of community and taking care of their own. No other group of people acts that way.Anything else is just a nutty conspiracy.

But Scientology has actual evidence and firsthand accounts of former members describing horrifying things.
>>
>>80735942
Louis Theroux Scientology Doc, he does a sort of staging/experiment in which people act out actual brutal moments from Scientology meetings and sort of embody them, that manlet is playing Miscaviage who notoriously beats his staff.

Its a good movie, funny, interesting in Louis' way. Not as in depth as Going Clear which i think critics expected for some reason.
>>
If they did a Scientology flick with Eddie Redmayne as David Miscavige I'd watch it
>>
>>80736175
cheers, so is this his new scientology film ?

i feel like he's done two or am i wrong ?
>>
>>80736369
Just this one, from a year or so ago, but he's still promoting it, not sure for what.
>>
>>80735465
what's the problem with it, you fedora tipper? might as well dislike Christianity if you think Scientology is somehow bad
>>
>>80735465
[[[They]]] control the media.
>>
>>80736028
What a fucking retarded statement. Filipinos take care of their own. It's so bad in the military they are called the "Filipino Mafia".
>>
>>80735742
I honestly don't have an answer to that question, I have to assume corruption or blackmail.
>>
>>80735465
Because Catholics exist.
>>
>>80735903
Actors under 40 involved with Scientology are extremely rare and when it does happen it's because their parents were involved in it. They don't seem to be getting fresh Hollywood recruits.
>>
>>80735465
It doesn't affect the average person in any way whatsoever.

Only Californians
>>
Probably another factor is lack of credible witnesses. Not a lot of former members are willing to come forward publicly, plus the structure of the organization is highly compartmentalized so it limits what individual members actually witness about the internal operations.

A lot of testimony would be considered heresay without multiple witnesses to verify it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.