[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck have I never heard of this show before? >mother

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: the-good-wife[1].jpg (23KB, 450x302px) Image search: [Google]
the-good-wife[1].jpg
23KB, 450x302px
Why the fuck have I never heard of this show before?

>mother is squealing over this show that looks like shit
>she convinces me to watch it, I get ready to fall asleep
>hey this is actually pretty good
>the jokes are on point
>the legalese is entertaining without sounding dumb
>the political drama is great
>actors are all fantastic
>writing is fast and sharp
>actually does a decent job of portraying technology and internet culture
>characters are smart, but flawed
>nobody makes stupid decisions to further the plot
>emotional drama is handled rationally by mature adults
>politics and social issues are presented fairly
>the recurring characters are fantastic
>I'm at the edge of my fucking seat, can't stop watching
>suddenly I'm on season 4

The network's marketing department should be raped in the ass for how they handled this show. This is not a soap opera for aging feminists and housewives. This is everything I ever wanted from a legal/political drama. The characters are smart, not "lol I make witty one-liners and magically produce solutions to problems" smart, but actually make intelligent decisions. Both the weekly cases and overall arcs are really fun. There's so much packed into each episode: you have the main lawyer, her kids, her politician husband, the partners at her law firm, their investigator, the DA's office... and all the threads overlap beautifully. Each nobody side character is actually really interesting and has their own distinct personality. Nothing feels like forced drama, because none of the characters fall into the easy tropes that produce drama. There's a love triangle, and it's handled well with everyone involved making mature and responsible decisions, when the fuck did you last see that happen?

It gets a bit formulaic at times, and sure not every storyline is as good as others, but holy fuck this is a great legal/political drama. It's not what I expected at all. Watch this shit.
>>
>>80731779
Yeah it was good, unfortunately it's finished. There's a spin off apparently but I haven't bothered with it, I just watch it for Alicia, she's hot and was in Ghost Ship.

>tfw no qt American MILF
>>
>>80731779
tl;dr

made it to "on point" then stopped reading your blog.
>>
It's basically just GRRRL POWAH in a legal setting, with extra emphasis on men being worthless scum.
>>
Congratulations OP, you have the taste of a sheltered middle aged woman
>>
There was a tripfag who used to post this show all the time here, don't think anyone else actually watched it other than him though. I've been meaning to check it out but but haven't got around to it.
>>
>>80731779
hey shillfaggot

65 year old women don't post on 4chan
>>
>>80731779
>Why the fuck have I never heard of this show before?
probably because you're a 90's born queer? I've never watched a full episode of this show but I don't know how you could have missed the advertising for it.
>>
I also enjoyed it. Main milf is hot. When the poo in loo first appeard i though she was kinda hot, recently saw her in Blindspot and she looks busted, she does this shit when she talks where her bottom teeth are always visible.

Fun fact, she and the main actress didn't get along at all, they even CGI'd some scenes where they appeared to be sitting next to each other talking.

But ye, it's good
>>
>>80731779
Really this.
I thought it was some shitty chick drama until I walked in on my mum watching it and it turned out that the politics and legal stuff were really well handled

>that one episode where the guy sues his mum to take down the ""art"" of him naked as a kid
Wanted to strangle that cunt
>>
>>80731779
Yeah it was a great show. Season 5 is the best one, has a major event and then the show comes tumbling down.

I'd say it had the right amount of seasons, but only just a lot of S7 was spread thin. It ends the only way it could have really. One of the rare shows where I grew to dislike the main character as time went on.

Haven't checked out The Good Fight though, but I hear it's more of the same, which to be honest, I think I had my fill of with The Good Wife.

Also OP you should know that Julianna Margulies is a total cunt in real life and made life hell for Archie Panjabi, refusing to shoot any scenes with her after season 3, and it's why the show goes to such great lengths to create an in story rift between the two. She tried to get her fired on numerous occasions, and eventually succeeded in getting her role largely diminished in later seasons.

Shit they created an entire show just so they could write more of it and not have to work with her the cunt.
>>
>>80732896
I watched about a season of it and called him a moron with the taste of a sheltered middle aged woman for praising it.

But I was still coming down from the wire. So this network bullshit wasn't going to do shit for me.
>>
>>80732963
you know what kind of people still use the word queer? Faggots. That's who.
>>
>>80733027
Yeah the legal stuff is way, way better than something like Suits which is pretty popular, and just the dialogue/writing is great in general. They handled some tech episodes well too, which most shows fail to do.
>>
Literally an inferior Ally Mcbeal: the show
>>
>>80732822
That's why we can't have nice things. Stop being so insecure, Anon
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.