[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you find new, interesting movies? I haven't watched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1478541847116.jpg (36KB, 419x604px) Image search: [Google]
1478541847116.jpg
36KB, 419x604px
How do you find new, interesting movies?

I haven't watched a movie that really blew me away in over a year now.

Reviews are shit. Best-of-the-year-lists are mostly shit. Imdb is shit.

/tv/ is funny but rarely talks about non-mainstream stuff, except when anons want to show off with their super obscure taste and name german and italian from 1920 or whatever.

So how do you keep finding new films? I really want to see a good movie again. I miss the feeling of finding new shit and being amazed by it.
>>
>>80730049
>except when anons want to show off with their super obscure taste
nah, they only know Tarkovsky, that's it
>>
>>80730049
I don't watch film that often because my studies are eating up a lot of my time, but i usually watch movies list here, or in different festivals like Cannes, Berlin, Venice, etc ...
>>
Just tried letterboxd, what is this shit? It gives me 404s all the time. What a piece of trash.
>>
>>80730049
Check out stream channels that show movies. There are some good ones out there, I'd post the one I go to but it's decently moderated and we don't let in /pol/ bullshit so don't bother asking me to post it here.
>>
>>80730049
There is no singular way to find out about great films, you could find them by directors/genres/certain movements in filmmaking/periods/actors/cinematographers etc, you can find good recommendations even here, you just have to know where to look and what you like.

Here are some films to get you started which you maybe haven't seen, but are absolute undeniable kinos:
>The Vanishing (Spoorloos)
>Wake in Fright
>Fail-Safe
>The Wages of Fear
>Wild Tales
>Kill-List
>The Imposter
>>
I get recommendations from here.

By the way, anyone ever see Bridge to Terabitihia? just ordered it
>>
>>80730049
So what are some movies that have "blown you away"?
>>
>https://letterboxd.com/films/by/rating/

That was hard.
>>
>>80730049

Figure out what you want to watch first and search around by description. I always tend to keep an eye open for anything I might like in terms of category and I tend to find a few new ones every month. If you're looking to be spoonfed, you're really in wrong place and already know where you should go.

People around here do often have obscure knowledge but they got that from lurking, not from being spoonfed.
>>
File: Chronopolis.jpg (25KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
Chronopolis.jpg
25KB, 560x420px
mubi related films, imdb related films, wikipedia, /tv/ (occasionally), favorite movies of directors, google "movies similar to X"

lately i've been into old stop motion films and short films so i search related stuff on websites, the history of stop motion brings up stuff, etc
>>
>>80730049
>I haven't watched a movie that really blew me away in over a year now.

fuck i know this feel, if you want i can rec you movies OP, tell me what you like or what you wanna see
>>
File: face-with-rolling-eyes.png (48KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
face-with-rolling-eyes.png
48KB, 256x256px
>>80730684
Basically IMDB's top 250
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.