[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most you've ever spent on a single film? This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: chrome_2017-03-21_21-43-31.png (1MB, 1360x674px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-03-21_21-43-31.png
1MB, 1360x674px
What is the most you've ever spent on a single film? This includes cinema tickets, a physical copy and/or a digital copy.
>>
>>80727464
I think 80 bucks on a Kurosawa collection. Anything more is pure autism. Especially, like me when you are buying products which do not even go to the estate of the director.

Criterion is the cancer of the fucking world, they make their living off of people like Kurosawa, but the Kurosawa estate has gone bankrupt.
>>
70 Euro for the star wars saga collection with 40 hours of bonus material
>>
>>80727464
Gravity

Saw it 4x at IMAX
>>
>>80727926
You mean the people preserving and distributing his work make more money than his living, breathing cum, which has done fuck all but happen to be made with his genetic code? Oh boo hoo.
>>
Dunno, I usually only buy physical copies when I find them incredibly cheaply. That said, I'm gonna go with the BFI Magick Lantern Cycle by Kenneth Anger, set me back 30 dollars or so.
>>
>>80729046
this.

I get physically ill knowing janie hendrix copyrights jimi's music like a soul sucking whore. she has done NOTHING, if you give money to them it's probably out of some aborted sense of admiration you had for their parents/greater.
>>
File: 1475700433231.jpg (333KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1475700433231.jpg
333KB, 1024x768px
I spent $100 for the sopranos full series. I couldn't find reliable torrents anywhere. It was worth every penny.
>>
>>80729046
So instead, you give money to nobodies. People who have literally no right, they are profiting on works that are essentially public domain.

The only reason you should buy anything, is to support the creator and his or her family. Seriously, end your fucking life.

>implying criterion are the only ones alive capable doing what they are doing
I bet you do not even know who owns Criterion. it's literally, fucking LITERALLY, Hollywood nepotism at it's finest.

>>80730279
She has more of a right to do this than any other individual alive.
>>
30€ on an anniversay edition of Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>>
What's that black guy's name? I gotta see him in a BLACKED video
>>
>>80727464
The Complete Jacques Tati from the 50% off Criterion sale.
>>
>>80727926
Everything should be free after the creator dies and if Mikey Kurosawa wants a buck then he better learn how to use a fucking camera.
>>
File: img52a4528f59375_l.jpg (123KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
img52a4528f59375_l.jpg
123KB, 1000x750px
Paid $100 for this dvd box set when it came out. Had uncut scenes and extras, unlike the American release that came with nothing.
>>
>>80731277
That's not how it works, mate.

Here's how it works instead, Criterion are making millions and not paying anything out to the Kurosawa estate, they probably only have to pay for the rights of Seven Samurai which was decided to not be public domain back in 07, not until 20130ish.

Here is a list of films which should be public domain (films they are allowed to sell but do not have to give any money to the actual creators).

>Ikiru (1952), Hakuchi (“The Idiot”, 1951), Rashomon (1950), Shubun (“Scandal”, 1950), Nora inu (“Stray Dog”, 1949), Shizukanaru ketto (“The Quiet Duel”, 1949), Yoidore tenshi (“Drunken Angel”, 1948), Subarashiki nichiyobi (“One Wonderful Sunday”, 1947), Waga seishun ni kuinashi (“No Regrets for My Youth”, 1946), Asu o tsukuru hitobito (“Those Who Make Tomorrow”, 1946), Zoku Sugata Sanshiro (“Judo Saga II”, 1945), Tora no o wo fumu otokotachi (“They Who Step on the Tiger’s Tail”, 1945), Ichiban utsukushiku (“The Most Beautiful”, 1944), Sugata Sanshiro (“Judo Saga”, 1943).

Yes, they legally do not have to, but the Kurosawa estate HAS gone bankrupt. And these people continually profit off of works Kurosawa created when he himself was struggling for money.

In short, they have no shame, they are not doing it 'for the love of movies', they found a niche market, and are exploiting it to hell and back.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.