[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Directed by Martin Scorsese Wrote by Steven Zaillian Confirmed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: the_irishman-.jpg (13KB, 400x593px) Image search: [Google]
the_irishman-.jpg
13KB, 400x593px
Directed by Martin Scorsese
Wrote by Steven Zaillian
Confirmed cast: Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Harvey Keitel, Bobby Cannavale
Budget: 100M$

Is this gonna be the first 10/10 Netflix film and last good Scorsese film? What can possibly go wrong?
>>
Didn't Pesci say he wasn't going to do it?
>>
Netflix continuing to change media. This is pretty cool.
>>
Sounds like a parody of a scorcese movie. Strong chance of it being a stale meme flick.
>>
>>80715077
>Joe Pesci

Lies! he pulled out
>>
De Niro and Pacino should have retired decades ago.
They play in lousy movies only to pay their bills.

And being a Netflix flick doesn't promise well.
>>
>>80715151
that's what she said
>>
File: 1488057126595.jpg (122KB, 981x934px) Image search: [Google]
1488057126595.jpg
122KB, 981x934px
>zaillian sucks
>pecsi said no
>scorsese will die this year
>de niro(pic related)
>>
>The Irishman
>Cast a bunch of wops
>>
>Netflix
>$100m budget
>any of those actors (except keitel)
>current day

Trash
>>
>>80715077
>DeNiro, Pacino, Pesci

these 3 need to be replaced with DiCaprio and Matt Damon. I like the Cannavale casting, but DiCaprio should be playing the Irishman and Damon should be Hoffa.
>>
>>80715220
Eastwood's son is a manlet. DeNiro has an older son who isn't an autistic spazoid

>>80715280
Bobby Cannavale isn't trash
>>
>>80715077
cinema is truly dead
>>
not to be a debbie downer but is scorsese really a name to praise these days?
he's done and so are the actors in this 2bh
>>
>>80715366
Silence is a modern classic
>>
>>80715366
>Scorsese is done
>just released yet another masterpiece

he's just getting started. His swan songs will be his best flicks yet

>Silence
>The General
>The Irishman
>>
Jimmy Hoffa died at 62
Pacino is 76 and they haven't even started pre-production yet
>>
>>80715366
literally the last of the big name American director of the 70s still worth a damn

>Coppola
ded
>Spielberg
ded
>De Palma
ded
>Allen
ded
>>
>>80715077
No.

If it were good, it'd be in a theater.
>>
>>80715077
JESUS CHRIST THAT CAST
>>
>>80715220

He has potential though, he's too young to be judged.
>>
>>80715429
>Jimmy Hoffa was murdered at 62
fix'd

unless you are implying there's a good chance someone will kill Pacino soon
>>
>>80715416
+ Sinatra Biopic
+ Mike Tyson Biopic
+ The Devil in the White City
>>
>>80715416
>>80715445
These. He's the last of his class that can still make a great film worthy of praise. I have no interest in another derivative Spielberg or Woody Allen film.
>>
>>80715366
What are you talking about? Scorsese is the only American 1970s director who's still making great films. Spielberg can still make a good flick but he hasn't made anything great in a long time, Killer Joe was great but everything else Friedkin has made within the last 20 years has been meh, De Palma has gone to shit, Ford Coppola has gone to shit, Carpenter went to shit in the 90s and is now pretty much retired, and Lynch will probably retire after he's done with Twin Peaks.
>>
>>80715391
>>80715416
>>80715445
>>80715811
haven't seen silence, i'll admit. but shutter island, hugo and wolfstreet are not good movies in my book.
honestly rather surprised in your reaction, i should try to watch silence asap.
>>
>>80715811
>Warren Beatty
Shit
>Clint Eastwood
Shit
>Norman Jewison
Retired
>Terrence Malick
Shit
>John Milius
Dead
>Paul Newman
Shit

Hollywood is dead lads
>>
>>80715933
Paul Newman is DEAD
>>
>>80715919
>shutter island
underrated Val Lewton homage

i understand why normies thought it was bad but it was made in a very deliberate and specific way
>>
>>80715919
>i should try to watch silence asap.
You should, it's a masterpiece.
>>
>>80715503
pretty sure the Sinatra biopic is officially ded after like 20 years in development hell. Tyson biopic has been handed off to someone else to helm, or at least I thought.

His very next project needs to be either The General or The Devil in the White City tho. DiCaprio as Washington in a Revolutionary War epic is a kino I need in my life. I think it's too late for the Irishman unless the lead roles are recast, although the prospects of seeing young DeNiro and Pacino in CGI are intriguing to me
>>
>>80716045
I loved Shutter Island. Saw it in theaters DUDE WEED style and thought the whole movie was unsettling and uncomfortable, in large part due to all the closeups, in-particular during the scenes with DiCaprio interviewing workers and patients.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.