[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do celebrities get taught to be 'cool'? Or is their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Do celebrities get taught to be 'cool'?

Or is their innate coolness part of how they got to be a celebrity?
>>
File: George-Clooney_13.jpg (77KB, 611x404px) Image search: [Google]
George-Clooney_13.jpg
77KB, 611x404px
>ywn be a bretty cool guy
>>
>>80701860
It could be that many of them are outgoing by the very nature of their jobs?
>>
Their natural charisma, confidence, and good looks is what makes them seem cool to you and why they are a celebrity in the first place. They probably have a lot of help to cultivate that image, but you can bet they oozed swagger, confidence, etc what ever you call it before in life.
>>
>>80702378
Nah. It's the way they are portrayed on screen that makes you think they are cool.
Having millions of fans feeding your ego doesn't hurt either
>>
>>80701860
They get taught.
Everything about them is manufactured

These people were the fruity art fags in high school who if they didn't have money and stylists they would probably look like any other green haired weirdo
>>
>>80701860

There are two kinds of actors. There are actors like Tom Cruise, who do cool shit and look cool doing it. People enjoy going to see his movies because they like seeing cool people do stuff. A possibly better example is Brad Pitt. It even gets in the way of him being taken seriously as an actor. The audience isn't empathizing with him, and seeing the world through his eyes; they're just thinking about how fucking cool he looks and how much fun it is to see him being cool.

Uncool actors win awards and are taken very seriously. Tom Hanks is the epitome of an uncool actor. You watch a Tom Hanks movie fully empathizing with him; his performance brings you in and lets you see the world through his eyes. That's him being totally uncool, but that's the kind of stuff that wins awards.

Guys like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt don't have an easy path to top accolades. Leonardo DiCaprio spent years trying to be uncool enough to get an Oscar. He blew his chance with Wolf of Wall Street by being so fucking cool in the movie that he had to almost die in the wilderness to get people to stop looking at him and start feeling with him.

When you're picking your award winners, never bet on the cool guy. Ryan Gosling getting denied the Oscar is a perfect example. They gave it to the uncool guy.
>>
>>80702639
Wtf I love cool guys now.
>>
>>80701860
He was a child celebrity from the New Mickey Mouse Club days.
>>
did you think the drama kids were cool growing?
>>
>>80702766
growing up i mean.

i know i sure didn't think they were cool.
>>
>>80702766
>>80702802
They were cool to the gays, but that is mostly because of the high incidence of pedophilia among the homos.
>>
>>80701860
Steve McQueen was cool as fuck and he learned it because he was obsessed with James Dean and started imitating him, eventually he got his own little brand of cool and became charismatic himself.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.