[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I figured out why Game of Thrones is objectively garbage.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: game of thrones.jpg (105KB, 680x1000px) Image search: [Google]
game of thrones.jpg
105KB, 680x1000px
I think I figured out why Game of Thrones is objectively garbage.

It's a book series/show about war written by fat faggots who have never experienced war. They have this idealized version of it which falls into common tropes of the genre.

Meanwhile somebody like Tolkien actually experienced war and while it's still a fantasy series, the battle scenes and war is much more believable as a result.
>>
File: RAH_1929.gif (36KB, 216x300px) Image search: [Google]
RAH_1929.gif
36KB, 216x300px
Do you need military experience to be a great SF/F writer?

It seems like all the greats have served (Asimov, Hubbard, Tolkien, Heinlein, Jordan, Pournelle, Wolfe) while the mediocre ones just went to college.
>>
frankly, military life makes you realize that civilians are whiny, undisciplined faggots. in the army, you can't just quit because you're "not inspired". you can't procrastinate all fucking day and hang out with your hipster friends at starbucks because you're "blocked". you get shit done, because you're focused, motivated, mentally and physically tough (unless you're a shitbag POG or female)
>>
>>80703141
There does seem to be a pattern here, but if you look closer you can see that it is a illusion and only a narrative you have constructed by omitting certain writers and including others. And the greatness of those writers is based exclusively on personal opinon.

How come all great writers are faggots? Wilde, Shakespeare, Vidal, Foster, Wittgenstein, Maugham, Williams.
>>
>lotr
>less idealised than asoiaf
lol
>>
>>80703292

>Shakespeare

Source: your ass
>>
>>80703322
Sources:
- Keevak, Michael. Sexual Shakespeare: Forgery, Authorship, Portraiture (Detroit: Wayne State Univ. Press, 2001)

- Alexander, Catherine M.S., and Stanley Wells, editors. Shakespeare and Sexuality (Cambridge, Eng.: Cambridge Univ. Press, 2001)

- Hammond, Paul. Figuring Sex Between Men from Shakespeare to Rochester (Oxford, Eng.: Oxford Univ. Press, 2002)

- Roy, Pinaki. "Who's the Man?: A Very Brief Study of Ambiguous Gender-roles in Twelfth Night". Yearly Shakespeare – 2014 (ISSN 0976-9536) 12, April 2014: 46–55

- Smith, Bruce R. Homosexual Desire in Shakespeare's England: A Cultural Poetics (Chicago: Univ. of Chicago Press, 1991; reissued with a new preface, 1994)

- Pequigney, Joseph. Such Is My Love: A Study of Shakespeare's Sonnets (Chicago: Univ. of Chicago Press, 1985)
>>
LOTR battles were realistic? At least not in the movies. Also it bothers me a lot when I see people praising the Theoden speech before the battle in the final movie when in reality, not even the guys right next to him would hear shit he's yelling. It's small details like this that make Jackson and Tolkien a hack.
>>
>>80703472

All of them have literally no idea whether or not Shakespeare was gay and you fucking know it.

They can't even make up their minds as to whether or not Shylock is an anti-semitic caricature.
>>
FANTASY
>>
>>80701336
But WHERES the tax policy?!
>>
>>80703752
Pequigney makes a pretty substantial case.
>>
ITT: people who neither read GRRM nor Tolkien
>>
>>80703472
I love it when anons who try to be smart get blown the fuck out by people who actually do research
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.