[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These two ruined X-Men Apocalypse, which was otherwise decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: sdggghhjj.png (192KB, 570x153px) Image search: [Google]
sdggghhjj.png
192KB, 570x153px
These two ruined X-Men Apocalypse, which was otherwise decent capeshit.
>>
>>80690701

After ancient Egypt it took a nosedive, they should have kept the original Horsemen
>>
Nah the whole plot was trash
>>
>magneetus destorya everything and gets away scott free again

No, this movie was shit no matter how you cut it
>>
>>80690701
They are only two items on a fucking laundry list of problems with that movie.
>>
>>80690866
magnet did nothing wrong
>>
Nah, the villains were shitty and undeveloped. The CGI was shit. There was gaping plot holes everywhere.
>>
>>80691094
wrong about the CGI
>>
I hated it because it should have been a comfy 80s period piece like the first two were comfy 60s and 70s period pieces respectively

Instead it was just a bland as fuck action movie with a shitty CGI last act

Overdoing the pseudo ancient Egypt shit was a mistake
>>
>>80691279
how could you use all the characters powers in a climactic fight without cgi
>>
Everything in this series means little to me now that I know that everything leads to the soul-crushing future of Logan.
>>
>>80692559
I don't care about CGI in general but the pyramid where they fought felt like a soulless and remote CGI creation. They should have engineered a more 80s showdown. In the first movie the end battle was basically the Cuban Missile Crisis. In the second Nixon was in it as well as a lot of 70s suits. The CGI pyramid was shit

They should have used more Cold War/Reagan themes. Like the Star Wars programme or something. Also it's surprising they didn't thematically invoke AIDs more, seeing as the whole X Men franchise is based on gay rights shit, and the 80s was when AIDs started
>>
>>80691094
>Nah, the villains were shitty and undeveloped
They weren't shitty at all, but they were certainly underdeveloped. Mystique shouldn't have even been in it, she's so pointless. All the screen time she had, should've gone to fleshing out the horsemen.
>>
>>80690701

Lawrence was obviously completely checked out of the role - and Mystique was also written rather out of character - but I didn't think Sophie Turner put in a bad showing as Jean Grey.
>>
>>80690701
trolls gettin' lazy
>>
>>80692893
>I don't care about CGI in general but the pyramid where they fought felt like a soulless and remote CGI creation.
it's gone too far. the worst example last year was upending london and flipping it onto washington dc or something in independence day 2

just freaking stop, and end the shakey cam Superman stop it stop it stop it
>>
>>80690701
X-Men is dogshit. Just because you liked Deadpool and Logan doesn't mean you have to shill the other trash.
>>
>>80692812

Because if there's anything Fox has taught us, it's that the chronology of this series is set in stone.
>>
>>80690866
I think what was worse was honestly.
>Oh lookie magneetus has a family
10 minutes later
>Now they're dead so he can be evil again
>>
>>80693709
Yes they were shitty.

Psylocke goes along with destroying the world, because.

Angel goes along with destroying the world, because.

Storm's okay with destroying the world and turning Cairo where she and her orphan friends lived into dust, because

Apocalypse has ultra convenient powers for every occasion, that he then forgets, and needs a giant pyramid and liquid gold to jump bodies when he should've had no idea that he'd need that to jump bodies much less build it and make it work thousands of years ago the first time around. And lol I'll destroy the world and build a better one villain cliche but it's okay cause I was the first to do that,

Magneto loses his family, so he kills millions and doesn't feel the least bit of guilt but lol it's okay cause he helped Xavier build his house back
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.