[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>we want the alien and thing audience will it be kino or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

>we want the alien and thing audience

will it be kino or shit?

might be the first movie i see in theaters in years
>>
File: life2.jpg (132KB, 828x1199px) Image search: [Google]
life2.jpg
132KB, 828x1199px
>We want the Interstellar audience
>>
File: redplanet.jpg (91KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
redplanet.jpg
91KB, 400x600px
>>80680419
scrap that, they want the red planet audience
>>
>>80680419
>Names not lined with the actors

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: LIFE.jpg (305KB, 827x1222px) Image search: [Google]
LIFE.jpg
305KB, 827x1222px
>We want the Passengers audience
>>
Not seen any hype about this, are they just relying on actors names?
>>
>>80680480

MAN FEED MACHINE
MACHINE FEED MAN
>>
>>80680153
It's going to be some generic scifi schlock
>>
>>80680544
i see giant posters all over LA and its the default trailer for twitch
>>
Trailer pros:
>Doesn't show the monster, single glimpse of tiny thing in a petri dish
>Doesn't seem to give away the entire movie, just the set up of the inciting incident and an idea of the feeling of the rest of the movie

Trailer cons:
>Nothing visually distinctive and interesting, too clean, too sharp, doesn't look lived in or organic, obviously going for absolutely autistic realism approach with no flair, people who don't know jack about the ISS won't give a fuck aka 95% of audiences
>I have no idea what I'm supposed to feel - is this a horror movie? A sci-fi thriller? Action? Generic trailer music hampers any clear sense of the movie's intent
>Despite not seeming to give away huge spoilers, it's a very boring trailer with no hook other than 'there's a monster'

I have a feeling this will come out and be forgotten.
>>
>>80680153
This has got more of a BRING HIM HOME vibe to it.
>>
From the reviews so far I get the impression that it's very much just okay.
Might go and see it but only cause I've seen everying that interests me more already
>>
>>80680601
Ah I'm in England, and don't use twitch, it's not been shown on the 'big 4' channels here and I only heard about it because jake gives me a stiffy
>>
File: 1468811613649.jpg (477KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468811613649.jpg
477KB, 960x640px
I have never been so disappointed in a trailer in my life. The first minute had me convinced that someone finally made a modern philosophical science fiction movie about how we will react to finding life on Mars. Based on the cast and tone of that first minute I had a whole movie planned out in my head similar to Contagion with several POVs to give a full range of emotional reactions to extraterrestrial life. But then
LOL IT'S THE THING AND GRAVITY SO CRAZY
>>
>>80680676
>is this a horror movie? A sci-fi thriller? Action? Generic trailer music hampers any clear sense of the movie's intent

it seems pretty space horror, like the origianl alien.
>>
>>80680863
>We will never get a comfy space voyage movie kind of like dinotopia where shit doesn't hit the fan apart from minor incidents
>>
>>80680922
Dark Star is a pretty comfy space movie, but also one of the most dated movies I've ever seen.
>>
>>80680919
I'm worried that the "life" is going to infect characters and then it will just become a "human mistrust in a confined space" movie
>>
>>80680922

>tfw no space seinfeld
>>
>>80680849
It's recommended to me on Youtube all the time?
>>
>>80681100
Back the fuck off?
>>
>>80680922
>>80681077
>Tfw no Space Station 13 miniseries
>>
>>80680676
Its a tentacle monster, they showed a bit of it.
>>
Looks like the schlocky version of alien
>>
so was alien a symbiote ?
>>
>>80680676
They have footage of an escape pod landing in the ocean in the trailer.
>>
>>80680480
Carrie Ann-Moss was so hot in that.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-03-10-22h49m35s6.png (2MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-10-22h49m35s6.png
2MB, 1920x800px
>>80684079
forgot image
>>
>>80680153
It does have a different premise. The stakes are different with the setting being close to Earth.

I bet it's like The Thing. It can mimick so who is who
>>
>the thing
No thanks, it does look like a good movie tho
>>
>Ryan Reynolds
>SONY
I'll enjoy critics tearing it apart.
>>
>>80680419
lol that nerd has a girl name
>>
>>80680489
What was the deal with that again? I remember reading there was a reason for it but I can't recall what it was.
>>
>>80680153
It's going to be complete shit. It's going to be a mix of Gravity, Le Martian and The Thing, but without any of the things that made The Thing good.
The premise itself is fucking retarded. Shitty little bacteria in a petri dish take over a fucking ship by pure fucking magic?
Fucking. Retarded.
It's going to flop like that movie with JLaw I don't even remember the name of.
>>
>>80687985
>Shitty little bacteria in a petri dish take over a fucking ship by pure fucking magic?
Woah there buddy hold up. It gets big and trong because they feed it glucose.
>>
>>80680153
anything jake is in is kino imo
>>
>>80687916

The most prominent actor is listed "first" (left-most, top-most) on movie posters. Gyllenhaal's the biggest star so his name comes first.
>>
depends how much shakeycam / spinning gravity shit camera action it has.

if the camera is fuckin steady like ALIEN ? KINO!

if the camera moves around like a fuckin retarded kid == TRASH
>>
>>80680153
LOL MUH SPACE SQUIDS
LOL THE SAME PEOPLE IN EVERY MOVIE
>>
>>80680676
When I saw the trailer I thought they showed far too much. It basically revealed the plot of the movie.
>>
>>80680153
Is this that quipfest alien movie?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.