[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can we expect from Godzilla vs. Kong and the Monsterverse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 268
Thread images: 53

File: monsterverse.jpg (365KB, 700x565px) Image search: [Google]
monsterverse.jpg
365KB, 700x565px
What can we expect from Godzilla vs. Kong and the Monsterverse as a whole? What are your hopes?

Also, how did you like Godzilla 2014 and how did you like Kong: Skull Island?
>>
>>80679732
After Kong vs Godzilla
>godzilla vs mechagodzilla
>king Kong lives: he fights some other big monster
>godzilla vs gigan remake
>destroy all monsters remake
>>
Kong made me really hype for more monster movies. Can't wait for Godzilla 2 and Pacific Rim 2.
>>
File: Bravo Edwards.png (1MB, 1280x666px) Image search: [Google]
Bravo Edwards.png
1MB, 1280x666px
The deleted MUTO sex scene
>>
Godzilla 2014 was okay. I'm going to see Kong on Wednesday.
>>
MARTHA
>>
File: 1481527117509.jpg (35KB, 420x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481527117509.jpg
35KB, 420x375px
>>80679732
>Godzilla roars at Kong
>Kong beats his chest and roars back
>Kong is too fast for Godzilla, Godzilla gets punched over and over
>Godzilla bites Kong's arm
>Kong lifts him up and slams him
>Kong lifts up a building and smashes it against Godzilla's head
>Godzilla tries to use his tail
>Kong grabs it and swings him around
>Godzilla gets tired
>Kong rips open his mouth

fight over
>>
>>80679732

Will never live up to my fanfiction.

So I don't care.
>>
Kong ang Godzilla fight u til the real enemy shows up. They team together and defeat the big bad monster.
They part after sharing a meaningful stare.

The end.
>>
Is the new Japanese Godzilla totally seperate from the Bryan Cranston Godzilla?

I'm not savvy with the Monsterverse
>>
>>80683239
Godzilla: "MAR-THA"

Kong: "What? What did you just say?"
>>
Kong is wrapping utility cables around Zillas legs

Hey you guys remember that star wars movie with the big camel walking thingies. Let's do that
>>
>>80682963
What kind of faggot would genuinely want some giant nigger to win?
>>
File: 1489883524385.jpg (453KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1489883524385.jpg
453KB, 1440x810px
I'll tell you what the Monsterverse needs. More sci-fi. After the events of Godzilla, seeing how those monsters can also affect the rest of the world and not just Skull Island, I'm sure the government is interested in weapons that are effective against those things, without resorting to nukes because fallout and collateral damage and all that. Lasers, masers, plasma weapons, lightning weapons, EM, microwaves, railguns, etc.

You could make really cool and visually impressive action scenes with those elements.

Just imagine the scene. Introduction of the first non-Godzilla monster.
It's nighttime and raining, the full moon behind the clouds softly illuminating the scene. But there is more light. Several rows of huge military floodlights illuminate a vast rural landscape with hills and some woods here and there. In the distance a giant monster is approaching and we see the military rolling its energy weapons tanks and missile launchers to the front. In the command tent officers are gathered around a table with a plan on it. We learn that once the monster crosses a certain line they will open fire. Slowly the monster comes closer, everybody is tense. The order comes, open fire! We see barrage after barrage of missile fire, bright orange fires erupt on the monsters skin in sharp contrast to the blueish hue of the rainy night. They start firing their energy weapons. While the first impacts of the shells and missiles shook the monster a bit and slowed it down a bit, it didn't really care. The energy weapons have no pushback on the monster but where they hit we see its skin badly burned and charred open. It's effective! The monster screams in agony... or rage? It charges the military who keep firing everything they've got but the monster comes closer and closer, nothing seems to be able to slow it down. It crashes into the war machinery and everything gets destroyed. The hope after seeing the energy hits has been dashed into pieces and soldiers flee in fear and panic.
>>
>>80683303
XDD simply epic!! Brofist my good Sir :)
>>
>>80683487
Godzilla is a slow boring fuck who gets hurt by a building. King Kong is an agile, smart monster that can use weapons. Kong is way more fun to watch and just does cooler shit.
>>
>>80683554
Well put my good sir have an up vote!
>>
File: Shin Godzilla Evolution.jpg (285KB, 700x1808px) Image search: [Google]
Shin Godzilla Evolution.jpg
285KB, 700x1808px
>>80683282
Yeah.

Mainly because Shin Godzilla would fucking wreck anything in the monsterverse so far, no problem.
>>
>>80679732
Basically this:

https://youtu.be/g3aIsJcAMhY
>>
>Kong vs Godzilla
>Kong & Godzilla vs Ghidora
>Kong vs Mechagodzilla
>Godzilla & Mothra vs Rodan
>>
>>80683554
>who gets hurt by a building.
You're the idiot from the last thread, he literally had a shit Ton of crap on him he had to dig himself out of. Let's see how Kong reacts when he has a buoldinh toppled on him. Plus that nigga is gonna get old by 2014 and won't be so agile
>>
>>80679732
Kong was more an action movie. I thought Godzilla was more of a horror film. I liked Godzilla better but they're both good.
>>
Jaegers + Kong + Godzilla vs Ghidorah
>>
>>80682963
Lmfao kong's gonna have to get a little bigger before that's ever going to happen
>>
>>80683239
"Do you bleed kong"
>>
it'll literally be strong fags vs dexterity fags arguing against each other for two years after this shit drops
>>
Godzilla 2014 was underwhelming. I honestly think the 1998 version is more entertaining. Skull Island was really fun and redeemed my hope for the series. At this point I'm operating under the assumption that Gareth Edwards is shitty and couldn't make a good movie no matter how much money he's given.
>>
File: 1488654015647.jpg (20KB, 552x505px) Image search: [Google]
1488654015647.jpg
20KB, 552x505px
>>80683303
>>
>>80683801
False God-zilla
>>
I liked Neon Genesis Godzilla more than the one with walter white.
>>
>Pacific Rim 2 features a final boss Kaiju that serves as an organic Jaeger piloted by one of the Overlord aliens.
>In the final fight the Biojaeger uses dimensional rifts that it can spontaneously generate to dance around Gypsy Danger 2.0, using hit and run tactics.
>The pilots anticipate the Kaiju's next move and shoot out their sword, just in time for the Kaiju to walk into it after emerging from a rift, impaling its head on their blade
>The pilots disengage from the control pod and run across the sword like a bridge to take out the Overlord in the kaiju's head.
>Using their drift compatibility the rangers outnumber and outskill the Overlord in a duel, killing it and the Kaiju.

>At the very end of the movie Charlie Day explains that the organ system responsible for generating the rifts was unharmed, and they where able to create an artificial one and install it in the few surviving Jaegers and take the war on the offensive to the Kaiju dimension.
>The movie closes with Gypsy Danger 3.0, bristling with new weapons and boasting the Rift Core, stepping through a Rift to fight the Kaiju on their hometurf

>The after credits scene shows the Jaegers exiting the rift into a lush jungle, with several overgrown buildings in the distance. Godzilla's iconic roar is heard in the distance. The scene ends
>>
>>80684380
nah, they'd just show a big footprint. For something that big they wouldn't splurge their load quite that hard
>>
File: tumblr_m4h6a8iLpk1ru09vqo1_500.gif (980KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4h6a8iLpk1ru09vqo1_500.gif
980KB, 500x211px
>>
>>80683477
>blueorange meme

Actually doesn't sound bad.
>>
>>80683477
I just want another rain scene like the Pacific Rim fight in the Hong Kong bay
>>
They cuck Tom Hiddleston's character and there's a 3 hour gangbang with Brie Larson's character.
>>
>>80679732
>what can we expect

Well, as shown in the aftercredits of Kong, more Mothra, more God or a and more Rodan
>>
>>80682963
>>80683445

WE WUZ KONGZ N SHIT
>>
>>80679732
How is this even a fight.

Please, remember Godzilla's literally hydrogen bomb blast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpGK-H8tiaM

Posting the superior authentic nipponese version because fuck Whalter Wite. Boy those japs like destroying their own cities. I wonder where that obsession comes from.

Shin Godzilla received universal critical acclaim in japan and was their highest grossing movie starring real people.
>>
>>80684380
That wouldn't be bad
>>
>Godzilla 2 could build up a third film with a "Destroy All Monsters" storyline
>Godzilla Vs. King Kong would most likely end up in Godzilla defeating a wounded Kong or they team up against bunch of MUTO's
>After Kong Vs. Godzilla,I think there could be a Gamera film, a Destroy All Monsters Godzilla 3 or a Godzilla crossover with Pacific Rim.
>I hope this Monsterverse get J.J Abrams interested.Hopefully,he decides to use the Cloverfield monster again.
>>
>>80685647
>"Destroy All Monsters" storyline

That sounds like there'd be more humans involved. FUCK THAT.
>>
>>80685712
Or they could throw early model Jaegers
>>
>>80679732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNx4RbeSpYM&t=13s
Expect nothing, the monsterverse will be shit, I have no hopes.

kong and godzilla 2014 were both hot garbage.
>>
Is anyone going to talk about how bad Kong was?

>use flame thrower
>nothing blows up
>throws lighter/cigarette, whole thing blows up
>>
Only the vents, not all over.
>>
>>80679732
kong flopped, RIP MonsterVerse
>>
>>80686319

>Kong's fur doesn't catch fire and turn him into a walking fireball
>entire jungle doesn't get consumed by flames one of the several times a massive fire should be breaking out

Fire in this movie worked when it felt like it.
>>
>>80679732
Godzilla 2014 wasn't great but was acceptable and good enough that I had hope for the future.
Kong 2017 was really enjoyable and really raised my hopes that the next Godzilla film will be much better than 2014's

Nothing will beat Shin Godzilla though
>>
Really hope they try to avoid the "it's a tie" for the crossover, I feel like it's just so damn predicable and such an easy route to take.
>>
>>80683477
Literally the first 10 minutes of Evangelion
>>
>>80686662
Kong defies physics in general. Who knows what kind of biological and chemical trickery his body and fur has.
Eh, try woods easily catch fire but a moist jungle with water all over and high humidity not so much.
>>
File: IMG_0608.jpg (76KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0608.jpg
76KB, 1920x1080px
You know what's fucking gay???

Evangelion
>>
Do you think we should get at least one scene of Skull Island in Godzilla 2?
>>
>>80687674
Absolutely, they gotta bring Kong over
>>
>>80683776
>>80685346
>>80683445
>>80683684
Kong is gonna grow to Godzilla size by the time he fights Godzilla. Skull Island takes place in the past.

Godzilla is a pussy who gets hurt by a building. King Kong is a fast, intelligent creature who can use tools in a fight.
>>
>>80679732
I expect Kong vs Godzilla to be a fun monster brawl but that is not bad thing imo.

Godzilla 2014 had plenty of good but same amount of bad. The characters were completely pointless especially after throwing Cranston's character away and Godzilla just didn't show up enough. But the scenes that did have Godzilla were great with all the camera angles making you feel like your really staring up at him. The flare scene was great.
>>
>>80679732
>Godzilla fusion breathes on Kong
>Kong burns to death
There's just no hope for Kong to win realistically, plot armor will protect him just as it did in Skull Island. Napalm fucked him up bad, a single bomb on his head would've ended him.
>>
>>80689283
Kong won't be as big. That would look goofy if they want to keep his agility and him jumping around. He will be much bigger than in Skull Island but still much smaller than Godzilla. They will even it out by him being faster, probably stronger, better dexterity, being able to climb and jump, being able to use his surroundings as tools and weapons, etc. Wouldn't be surprised if we'll see him throw small buildings at Godzilla or using a redwood tree as a bat. Hopefully he won't lean backwards while holding it.
>>
>>80689870
>They literally make it a point to mention that Kong is young and still growing

>lol he wont be bigger in the Godzilla crossover xD

Right.
>>
>>80689926
Sorry I misread. Feel free to call me a faggot.
>>
>>80689781
Godzilla's breath isn't really all that powerful if we go by 2014 Godzilla. Compared to the old ones it's like a lighter vs a flamethrower.
Also we saw Kong in Skull Island standing in Napalm for a while and being on fire and he quickly recovered.
>>
File: 3458951-csq8o.png (216KB, 640x275px) Image search: [Google]
3458951-csq8o.png
216KB, 640x275px
Will Godzilla x Pacifim Rim bring him back?
>>
>>80690004
>Pacific Rim 2 will have a jaeger called Jet Jaguar with a similar color scheme as an easter egg/homage
>that will be the only way in which this characters will ever be referenced.
>>
>>80689870
You're retarded. Of course Kong is going to be the same size. Godzilla has atomic breath, so they'll even it out at least. And Kong's intelligence, speed and power will destroy Godzilla.

And don't forget even the original Godzilla company Toho made Godzilla lose to king kong already once in the past.
>>
>>80690083
>Toho refuses to acknowledge his existence.
>Still loved and appears consistently in every Godzilla game.
Jet Jaguar is fine as the meme hero he is.
>>
>>80690095
10 bucks Kong will reach Godzilla's chest if at all and that's it.
>>
>>80690154
>we're gonna build a monster cinematic universe
>we made Skull Island a lot more action packed than Godzilla 2014 and made Kong look really strong
>b-but we're gonna make adult Kong smaller than Godzilla

You shouldn't have gone full retard. And even if Kong somehow doesn't grow exactly as big, apes are incredibly strong despite their size. Like how chimpanzees are many times stronger than humans. The 2014 Godzilla has a pretty weak atomic breath and he's slow and gets tired easily. Kong by that point will be much more experienced in combat.

Also Kong vs Godzilla is pretty much America vs Japan. I highly doubt Legendary Pictures (American) that makes American movies is gonna make Kong lose.
>>
>>80690425
True but the previous Kong vs Godzilla movie ending made everyone asshurt, including Americans.
>>
>>80690425
Bitch I said all that earlier. I said how Kong is probably gonna be stronger, I said how new Godzilla's atomic breath is weak, I said how Kong will be more agile than Godzilla, I said how Kong will use his surroundings to his advantage. Can't you read?

I never said Godzilla will destroy your beloved Kong. I said Kong won't be as big, not that he will be weaker or that he will lose.
>>
>>80690529
>including Americans

wat. America loves Kong way more than Godzilla
>>
>>80690645

>wat. America loves Kong way more than Godzilla

No they don't.
>>
>>80690645
Yeah but people still recognized Godzilla should have won
>>
>>80690645

It's an old poll but it's the most legit.

http://rense.com/general95/amtop10.html

>In 2001, the Media Psychology Lab at California State in Los Angeles polled people across the United States from ages six to 90 in all ethnic groups to determine which movie monsters ranked as the favorites. According to the survey, the most frightening motion picture of all time for all groups was The Exorcist (1973), in which a demon possesses a young girl.

>The favorite top ten monsters after The Exorcist were the following:

>1. Dracula, with the majority of respondents favoring the 1931 version with Bela Lugosi as the blood-sucking count.

>2. Freddy Krueger with the razor-sharp metal talons on his fingers from A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984).

>3. The Frankenstein monster, the original version with Boris Karloff (1931).

>4. Godzilla, the prehistoric giant reptile that spews radioactive rays and stomps cities to rubble, from the original Japanese film, Godzilla of the Monsters (1954).

>5. King Kong, the giant ape from the original with the Willis O‘Brien stop-action figures (1933).
>>
>>80690544
Describe just how its weak? It burned the Muto's chest to a crisp despite the MUTO's skin being resistant to all sorts of heavy weapons. It also burned right through the throat of the girl MUTO, fire doesn't really burn through flesh, it cooks it but even a blowtorch won't melt through a steak, just char and blacken it, yet the fusion breath is so intense its melting through.

It's also not a issue of size, Godzilla's armored chitinous skin is just far, far more durable than Kong's leather skin. Even when you scale Kong up, his tissues remain every bit as soft and vulnerable, it's just leather after all. They'll make it so he dodges or never actually gets hit by the fusion breath because if he does, its over.
>>
>>80690760
Toho, the creators of Godzilla disagrees with you. They officially made their monster lose to Kong. Their word > yours

>>80690922
>>80690706
>one poll from 2001 in Los Angeles
>from people who liked the bland frankenstein monster over godzilla

Now tell me why more people went to see Skull Island than Godzilla 2014. And also why Kong's movie is more critically acclaimed and well liked by the general audience.
>>
File: atomic pulse.webm (3MB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
atomic pulse.webm
3MB, 1280x688px
>>80690980
2014's atomic breath is wispy and weak, the first time he uses it all it does is phase the MUTO without any kind of permanent or even visible scarring or damage, it also takes him a good 30 seconds at least to charge up and he needs to literally take a deep breath to fire it.
The real Godzilla fires that shit instantaneously. it fits the width of his whole mouth and it is almost certainly pure fucking destruction against anything it hits unless it's something specifically engineered to withstand it (Super X-2 and Mechagodzilla both of whom succumbed to it in the end anyway).
>>
>>80691224
Can Legendary Kong eat electricity?
>>
File: 200.gif (1MB, 301x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
1MB, 301x200px
>>80691224
Fuck you faggot
>>
>>80690980
I said weak compared to the old one. When the old one hit something it tended to explode violenty. The new one is "just" a nuclear flamethrower. I didn't see it leaving any marks on the the outside of the female MUTO and obviously the insides are far more vulnerable.
Yes, Godzilla is far more durable than Kong and if Kong suffers a direct hit from Godzilla's breath for more than half a second he's probably gone. But my assumption is that he will, like in Skull Island, make use of what is around him and use it as weapons. We saw that with enough force Godzilla's skin can be penetrated. The MUTOs did it when they hit him hard. Maybe he'll use big steel beams as brass knuckles. Maybe he'll use a big antenna to stab Godzilla's. Who knows.
>>
>>80691224
>They officially made their monster lose to Kong. Their word > yours

Doesn't mean people can't disagree.
It was obvious they did it not to piss off the west
>>
>>80691224
>he bland frankenstein monster

Dig yourself deeper into that retard hole, and the only reason people cared about Kong was the connection to Godzilla, if it didn't have that this movie would be in the toilet.
>>
File: P7039918.jpg (334KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
P7039918.jpg
334KB, 1200x1600px
>>80691307
>The real Godzilla fires that shit instantaneously.
It's now been proven that charged beams>>>>instant breath.
>>
>>80679732
Monthra Will have canon autism and zilla will be a lesbian.
https://moviepilot.com/p/why-autistic-power-ranger-more-important-people-realize/4229885

http://heroichollywood.com/power-rangers-cyler-billy-autism/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/power-rangers-gay-character-storyline-yellow-ranger-plot-explained-987236
>>
>>80690980
2014 Godzilla's breath is weak as fuck. Failed to even destroy the buildings near it or affect the humans which were near the fight. The 1954 Godzilla didn't really have a strong breath either but that one was in a serious drama that was more scientific (they even kill godzilla with science shit) than a b movie. So it makes more sense in that one.

Not in a straight up monster movie where Godzilla fights other monsters. He should have had a destructive beam that actually has impact and isn't a lame flaccid shit.

You can even see how little effect it had on the muto the first time he used it. There's no visible damage on the muto, it just kinda annoyed him slightly. The radiation or whatever from it didn't bother the humans either. The reason why the muto got melted was because Godzilla used the breath in the inside of it. Notice how Godzilla SPECIFICALLY had to pry open its mouth. Because just like the other Muto the atomic breath is so weak and flaccid. No impact or destruction whatsoever.

Shin Godzilla is another weak pussy who also gets hurt by buildings but at least his atomic breath was destructive.
>>
File: mothra.png (119KB, 984x1771px) Image search: [Google]
mothra.png
119KB, 984x1771px
>>
>>80690425
>Legendary Pictures (American)
They're Chinese now nigger
>>
File: 2014 Atomic breath.webm (3MB, 1280x533px) Image search: [Google]
2014 Atomic breath.webm
3MB, 1280x533px
>>80691307
>2014's atomic breath is wispy and weak, the first time he uses it all it does is phase the MUTO without any kind of permanent or even visible scarring or damage
you're blind.

it pushed the MUTO back and there was visible smoke. The FeMUTO was incapacitated from it and very clearly in pain
>>
>>80691385
>>80691462
Yeah yeah I went to film school too. Doesnt mean I have to be a fedora tipper like you fags. Frankenstein monster was always bland and boring. Classic movie but the monster was crap.

>>80691516
I think Shin Godzilla is crap too because he gets hurt by buildings and has fat thighs
>>
>>80691684
>The FeMUTO was incapacitated from it and very clearly in pain

Bullshit go watch the scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqgdWu4IvfM

She seems more pestered by it then falls over
>>
>>80691307
>this whole autism fit has been from a Heisei-fag
Why am I not surprised. That beam isn't even strong in its base form, only when he gets a boost or a pulse did it actually do shit vs mechagodzilla 2
>>
Kong vs Godzilla is just going to be another run of the mill STR vs DEX fight
>>
>>80691751
>She seems more pestered by it then falls over
No, she seems hurt from it and then falls over and doesn't move for several minutes.
>>
>>80691535
>Shin Godzilla is another weak pussy
>Doesn't even bother getting angry over artillery fire like other Zillas.
What other Godzilla movies had full sized skyscrapers directly thrown on top them him?

>>80691731
>Hating thunder thighs
gay
>>
File: 1470180212580.webm (3MB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
1470180212580.webm
3MB, 600x435px
>>80691731
You're that same faggot who was ranting about how superior the 2005 Kong was to the original aren't you?
>>
>>80679732
Godzilla was okay. Just okay. Human parts sucked and monster fights were all right but only because at the time they were compared to the horrendous 98 version which is the lowest bar possible.

Kong was utter shit. Monster fights were all right, but let's be honest, it's really hard to fuck up a monster fight. Everything else about Kong was terrible. Screenplay wasn't even worthy of asswiping.
>>
>>80691684
>no physical damage at all from the breath
>buildings don't get destroyed
>humans nearby don't feel the radiation

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Why do you think later on Godzilla had to literally breathe into the insides? Because Godzilla knew his breath was too weak to melt it from the outside. Also it just looks fucking lame. There's nothing destructive about it.
>>
>>80691847
>no physical damage at all from the breath
except for, you know, the visible smoke coming from her chest

>buildings don't get destroyed
He didn't fire it a buildings

>humans nearby don't feel the radiation
They didn't in any other film either.

>Why do you think later on Godzilla had to literally breathe into the insides?
Because he wanted to? Just like how he did in G2000

>Because Godzilla knew his breath was too weak to melt it from the outside.
Nope.

>Also it just looks fucking lame.
Disagree

>There's nothing destructive about it.
Incorrect
>>
File: 1400192166405.webm (3MB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
1400192166405.webm
3MB, 1280x688px
>>80691762
>That beam isn't even strong in its base form

It killed or destroyed every threat up until Mechagodzilla and as I said Super X-2 and Mechagodzilla were attempts to withstand it and the Super X-2's shield eventually melted
>>
File: 1367566084128.gif (1MB, 170x128px) Image search: [Google]
1367566084128.gif
1MB, 170x128px
>>80691956
>actually being compelled to white knight Godzilla 2014
>>
>>80691751
God, the music is so shitty, too. Generic as hell.
>>
>>80692033
>actually being too retarded to understand that people don't share your opinion
>>
>>80691957
>it killed every threat before mechagodzilla
Wrong

In biollante, king ghidorah, and mothra, he had to pulse at some point during the fight. It was only after that did he decapitate king ghidorah and kill stronger biollante. And even in mothra Godzilla had to bite through battras skin before his breath could do shit against him.
>>
>>80692033
>white knighting Rebuild of Godzilla's CGI instead
>>
>>80683303
>MARTHA
>not MOTHRA

You had one fucking job...
>>
>>80692049
They so fucking dropped the ball on music and it helped make the movie even more stock and forgettable.
Really I'm glad Anno just dispensed with the bullshit and used recognizable Godzilla songs from 50 years ago
>>
Why didn't Godzilla eat the mutos after killing them? He just killed them and left. wtf?
>>
>>80691846
I don't like 98 either but people shit on it too much. 2014 version also sucked.

>2014: Takes itself seriously but fails with the drama because of shit human characters
>1998: Is a fun action popcorn movie and was marketed that way. People enjoyed it as a monster movie, it didn't take itself too seriously.

>2014: Bryan Crantson was in it but does nothing.
>98: Had no good actors but at least the characters tried to have a personality.

2014 is a pretentious trainwreck that tried to be more than a monster movie but failed due to shitty writing. And also LITERALLY spelling out "savior of our city" during the ending was corny and unnecessary. He's supposed to be a force of nature, not a superhero. They even contradict what they established eariler on. The 1998 movie is dumb and over the top but that was its intention. And it succeeded at that.
>>
I have never seen Shin Godzilla and don't know how I'd go about finding it to watch, but I have heard that he is the most terrifying incarnation. Is that true?
>>
>>80692082
He's a heisei-fag, I don't know why you guys even bother arguing with someone handicapped
>>
>>80684535
I want it to happen and Godzilla blasts it out with his atomic breath
>>
>>80692151
There's some body horror going on with it
>>
>>80692150
>shitty writing

That's it right there. It's that fuck Max Borenstein. He needs to be run out of Hollywood on a rail. Who's cock did he suck to get this gig anyway?
>>
>>80692167
I mean I like Heisei too so it's not just him liking Heisei. He's just extremely autistic.
>>
>>80692241
There's a major difference between liking heisei and being a Heisei fag, he's the latter because he acts like it's
>muh one true Godzilla
And thinks that's like the end all be all of it all
>>
>>80692096

the atomic pulse is just an AOE attack that blasts shit away from him if he's getting strangled or grappled, it doesn't charge up the heat ray
>>
>>80692325
ah, yeah I see. He's one of THOSE kinds of fans
>>
>>80692325
No that's Showa fags who get upset with Godzilla is taken too serious or is portrayed as scary and not a dumbfuck superhero.
>>
>>80692342
Yeah it does, they even add extra effects to his spines after pulsing king ghidorah then add glitter floating everywhere to show it
>>
>>80692415
I thought the glitter was Ghidorah's "blood"

and in Mechagodzilla it was Rodan's power floating around that Godzilla had absorbed
>>
>>80691434
>Maybe he'll use big steel beams as brass knuckles
Fuck thats cool.

Haven't seen the old ones, I'm just trying to imagine how a Kong vs Zilla fight would play out and the breath seems like an OP weapon for Zilla to have against Kong. That's all I'm thinking about, breath vs Kong.

>>80691535
>You can even see how little effect it had on the muto the first time he used it. There's no visible damage on the muto, it just kinda annoyed him slightly
I don't agree with this. Having watched the scene over again, its true you can't really see much damage but that's because the fucking movie had such dark lighting and details are hard to make out. But you CAN see the female MUTO's chest smoking, I'm presuming this is likely 2nd or 3rd degree burns on her whole chest, it may not be as powerful as old movie depictions but it certainly feels less ridiculous than whats described in them, gotta tone things down for modern audiences, the Jap Shin Godzilla with those purple beams that cut through everything was retarded. Keep in mind, rockets from the soldiers were detonating against the MUTO's skin with literally no visible effect and bullets were only leaving scratches. This creature has rock like flesh, likely harder, and Godzilla's breath was able to hurt it through that.
>>
File: 1371918103610.jpg (15KB, 370x352px) Image search: [Google]
1371918103610.jpg
15KB, 370x352px
>>80691956
>smoke

How is that physical damage? I'm smoking right now. There's smoke on me. There's no damage at all from that first atomic breath. He just kinda pushed him down. If you blow enough air at someone or get a huge water hose you can push someone down too. Doesn't mean they got damaged.

>didn't fire at buildings

Except they were near buildings. You even see parts of the beam go through the muto but those didn't affect the buildings at all. Stop with the excuses.

>they didn't in any other film either
They died whenever they were near the atomic breath. And also in the original godzilla the radiation actually left parts of the city uninhabitable.

The soldiers in 2014 were literally right there with the breath yet they felt nothing.

>because he wanted to?
No, he SPECIFICALLY pried open its mouth to melt the insides. Because his earlier atomic breath didn't do anything. It was weak. Otherwise he would have just fired his atomic breath and melted it. But he couldn't because it was too weak.

>Nope

Yes. Otherwise he would have melted the other muto with the first atomic breath. You're delusional and it's hilarious.

>Disagree

A bunch of smoke that causes no destruction, uh, how cool...if you have no standards I guess.

>incorrect

His atomic breath literally did nothing to anyone or anything. Except when fired from the inside. Pathetic.
>>
>>80692406
That's not even Showa fags, you're describing the fake people who say
>I loved Godzilla as a kid, lmao. He's a hero

Showa fags don't even like Showa, they just defend anything with ishiro Honda and tsuburaya attached to it, not that they aren't great but they circle jerk them while thinking everything that isn't them is crap cuz
>not muh
>>
File: retard alert.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
retard alert.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>>80692506
>>
>>80692506
autism
>>
>>80692449
>glitter is blood
What. They even show his blood in there right when it came off

Glitter = energy/power in the heisei series, even in mothra. If that sounds retarded or you don't believe it, it is but that's just the way the effects worked for that 90s era
>>
File: 1400220538920.webm (3MB, 753x320px) Image search: [Google]
1400220538920.webm
3MB, 753x320px
>>80692167
Motherfucker what are you on about my first post was >>80691307 and I just that one as an example, the same principle holds for most Godzilla's after the original. He killed Mothra the same way and that bitch went on fire and died. The MUTO just stumbles around but is otherwise unhurt.
I mean would you rather me mention Final Wars where he can shoot into fucking space?
>>
>>80692464
>he Jap Shin Godzilla with those purple beams that cut through everything was retarded.
How? It's not like he just had to open his mouth and lasers shot out. He starts off with the same breath as others Godzilla's but turns up the heat high enough to get the laser.
>>
>>80692464
Well we saw it took him some time to charge it up. Maybe the first time he uses it against Kong he misses or only slightly hits his arms so his fur burns off. Kong would see its effect and instantly know that shit is death and change his tactics accordingly. Use buildings for cover, keep moving, ambush him, throw debris and other big stuff. Also, in the 2014 it looked like the range on his breath was fairly short. Like the flame was already starting to spread out and disperse.
>>
>>80692464
>smoke

So?

>gotta tone things down for modern audiences

You're really grasping for straws.

>purple beams that cut through everything was retarded

No, a magic dinosaur that breathes radiation is retarded. How forgetful of me, I forgot we watched Godzilla movies for realism.

>soldiers against MUTO

So what if the monster was unaffected by humans? Doesn't make the atomic breath powerful. It was extremely weak and had to be done from the inside to do real damage.
>>
>>80692687
The glitter does not show up until the exact moment the head is severed and the next shot looks like it's coming from Ghidorah's perspective and is closer to the camera with Godzilla further back
>>
>>80692599
>>80692640
>ad hominem with no real argument

Thank you for proving me right.
>>
File: 48375829470047.png (258KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
48375829470047.png
258KB, 480x480px
>Godzilla's atomic breath clearly didn't melt the first MUTO so had to fire it at its insides

Why do you fags deny this? When it was clearly shown in the movie? The atomic breath was weak shit.
>>
>>80692770
Of the glitter isn't from the nuclear pulse you still can't deny that that the extra effects on the spines dictate that the beam is now stronger

And it's further proven by the fact that godzilla's beam doesn't even make a tear in his wings in he first half of the battle but by the end it
>blows a hole in his wing
>causes him to explode (?) in parts of his body
>>
>>80692702
Because the Japs tend to go overboard with powers, and the scene where the purple lazers are coming out of his back and cutting clean through dozens of skyscrappers seemed stupid to me, like I was watching a DBZ or some other Jap other anime.

>>80692720
Yeah, this is what I imagined. Kong avoiding or blocking the breathes because he seems more intelligent than Zilla and will behave tactically. Like when he noticed the helicopter blades cut his hand, he didn't try that shit again.

>>80692741
Okay
>>
File: C7UicUhU8AAfc0_.jpg (68KB, 1366x532px) Image search: [Google]
C7UicUhU8AAfc0_.jpg
68KB, 1366x532px
Having seen Skull Island there's no doubt in my mind this Kong would whoop 2014 Godzilla's ass but the fucking size difference man, even if he grows, what the fuck were they thinking? It's like they really wanted to handicap Kong.
>>
>>80692991
Shin Godzilla's power is presented like Molten Godzilla where he has way more power to throw out than the others.
>>
>>80692506
>How is that physical damage?
you're confirmed for being autistic.

Do you not know that when something hot burns something smoke gets produced?

>Except they were near buildings.
Yes, but it didn't hit any

>You even see parts of the beam go through the muto but those didn't affect the buildings at all.
No you don't.

>Stop with the excuses.
You should

>They died whenever they were near the atomic breath.
When

> And also in the original godzilla the radiation actually left parts of the city uninhabitable.
and many Godzilla films don't follow that interpretation

>No, he SPECIFICALLY pried open its mouth to melt the insides.
Because he wanted to.

Just like in G2000 he baited Orga into opening is mouth over him so he could blow Orga up

>Because his earlier atomic breath didn't do anything. It was weak. Otherwise he would have just fired his atomic breath and melted it. But he couldn't because it was too weak.
as we already established, this is not the case

>Yes. Otherwise he would have melted the other muto with the first atomic breath.
he did, did you not see the smoke coming from her body?

> You're delusional and it's hilarious.
The only delusional one is you for being this much of a Heisei-fag

>A bunch of smoke that causes no destruction,
Wrong, it burnt FemMUTO and tore her head off. and killed other kaiju in the tie-in comic

>uh, how cool...if you have no standards I guess.
You're the one without standards if you seriously like beam-spam Godzilla this much.

>His atomic breath literally did nothing to anyone or anything. Except when fired from the inside.
Incorrect.

>Pathetic.
yeah, you are
>>
>>80692995
>100ft tall
>pilots still didn't think of pulling up after he crashed the 5th helicopter

pls why fly on his eye level the entire time?
>>
>>80692991
>muh realism!1111

It's a monster movie. The very concept of Godzilla is ridiculous.
>>
>>80692781
not all anons are the same, and just because someone replies to you with ad hominem it doesn't make you correct
>>
>>80693174
Every fucking time there is a giant monster, dumbass pilots just love to fly right in the range of getting hit.
>>
>>80692924
yeah sure but whether the blue spiral ray is connected to the atomic pulse isn't known, he used atomic pulse against Biollante but his breath was the same but at the end of Spacegodzilla he does indeed do the pulse for the Burn Spiral Ray so I guess you're right to an extent
>>
>>80683477
I would love this. I want monster action outside a city. A natural landscape.
>>
>>80693058
>Molten Godzilla
I'm unfamiliar. Not being a longtime fan of Godzilla, I just know I liked the more (relatively) grounded version of him in 2014. Shin was just too much for me. I know preferring groundedness in a movie about a giant monster is silly, but it's just how I feel. There's a level of rationality in the 2014 one that just isn't there in Shin. Godzilla is made of flesh and bone and vulnerable to force, not some magical substance completely invulnerable and untouchable like Shin. His breath burns but it isn't some death star laser. I could even buy some pseudoscience movie babble explanation of how the breath works, but lazers coming out of Shins scutes just stretches my willing suspension of disbelief too far.

>>80693185
It's not so much about realism as it is about verisimilitude I think.
>>
>>80692102
yeah I know, why didn't he just verbatim recycle that image that is posted in every godzilla/king kong thread since Kong released?

silly him!
>>
File: weakbreath.jpg (79KB, 764x646px) Image search: [Google]
weakbreath.jpg
79KB, 764x646px
>>80693143
>autistic

Says the guy who spends his time talking about Godzilla on an online imageboard.

>smoke gets produced

So what? Smoke doesn't imply damage. Touching smoke doesn't destroy your body parts.

>it didn't hit any

If you look closely some of the breath goes through the sides of the muto and hits that building. But the breath did nothing.

>no you don't

Yes you do. I even screencapped it. Feel free to deny reality but the rest of us don't have to.

>you should

I'm actually posting proof. You're not.

>When

The soldier guy who thought Godzilla was his friend but ended up getting a direct atomic breath to the face? (probably the only time Godzilla targeted a single human)

The people from the 1954 film who were dying all over the place whether from the destruction or the radiation?

The people getting blown the fuck away in Godzilla 2000 from the breath?

Do you even watch Godzilla?

>many Godzilla films don't follow that interpretation

And how does that in any way make the 2014 atomic breath strong

>because he wanted to

No because he needed to. The first muto clearlydidn't get melted by the atomic breath. That's why Godzilla had to fire at the insides. There's no refuting this. And the older monsters from the older movies are way stronger than the mutos, so you can't use those as an excuse. Oh wait you already contradicted yourself. "different interpretations" but when it fits your argument it's not different anymore?

>smoke coming from her body

Smoke doesn't hurt.

>heisei fag

Ironically you admitted to being an autist with that one sentece.

>burnt femmuto

from the inside. From the outside the atomic breath did nothing. It was clearly shown, your argument is invalid. Because the movie clearly showed it.

>you seriously like beam-spam Godzilla

I said earlier in the thread he was a pussy too for getting hurt by buildings. I don't like him that much either.

I destroyed all your arguments with actual facts, I'm done with you.
>>
>>80693754
by the way I mean the building to the right of the muto in that pic, not the structure in the left of the circle. Watch the scene again, it hit the building but did nothing
>>
>>80693754
>The people getting blown the fuck away in Godzilla 2000 from the breath?

Do YOU even watch Godzilla? He doesn't use his breath on a single human in that whole movie

>one against the rock
>several more times vs the rock in the end
>against orga
He only kills katagiri by making him fall

I don't even know how you fucks even started this shit fest but that's flat out not true if you're using Godzilla 2000 as an example of how his radiation or fire hurts people
>>
File: 1401207452104.webm (3MB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
1401207452104.webm
3MB, 1280x688px
>>80693143
>>80693143
>>80693967

Are you asking for scenes in which Godzilla directly attacked humans with the heat ray?
He did it in the original but that was obviously back when his breath was wispy
In 1984 though he vaporized and incinerated a bunch of soldiers
>>
File: tmp_4062-14891243283471665765329.jpg (183KB, 716x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4062-14891243283471665765329.jpg
183KB, 716x1200px
>>80683303
>>
>>80693754
>Says the guy who spends his time talking about Godzilla on an online imageboard.
Says the guy obsessed with the Heisei godzilla

>So what? Smoke doesn't imply damage.
smoke COMING from body parts implies damage

>If you look closely some of the breath goes through the sides of the muto and hits that building.
2014's beam is thin, but it produces a smoky effect from it that makes it look bigger. the wispy stuff is what you're likely seeing, not the beam. If it's the beam(kinda hard to tell for certain I'll admit) it goes off-screen and we don't see any repercussions to tell for sure

>guy who thought Godzilla was his friend but ended up getting a direct atomic breath to the face?
duh, that was a point-blank hit. He didn't die from being near it, he died from being hit by it

>The people from the 1954 film who were dying all over the place whether from the destruction or the radiation?
Doesn't fit your criteria

>The people getting blown the fuck away in Godzilla 2000 from the breath?
Died from falling

>And how does that in any way make the 2014 atomic breath strong
It's irrelevant to his strength, you were referring to radiation fallout

>because he needed to.
source?

>The first muto clearlydidn't get melted by the atomic breath.
smoke emitting from her body proves you wrong

>There's no refuting this.
there is

>And the older monsters from the older movies are way stronger than the mutos,
source?

> "different interpretations" but when it fits your argument it's not different anymore?
what are you talking about?

>Smoke doesn't hurt.
smoke implies damage

>Ironically you admitted to being an autist with that one sentece.
Nope.

>from the inside. From the outside the atomic breath did nothing.

wrong.

>It was clearly shown, your argument is invalid. Because the movie clearly showed it.
movie showed MUTO injured, your argument is invalid

>I destroyed all your arguments with actual facts, I'm done with you.
whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
File: 58173640_p0.png (368KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
58173640_p0.png
368KB, 1600x1600px
>>80694700
not him but the fact you are so butthurt about Heisei while at the same time defending an uninspired capeshit movie like 2014 leads me to believe you're an autist from the midden-heaps known as /co/ or /m/
In fact I get the impression the only Godzilla you've ever seen or at least enjoyed was 2014

Either way you disgust me with the lengths you're going to defend this movie
>>
File: godzilla 2014 thick beam.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla 2014 thick beam.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Thoughts?
>>
>>80694768
>not him but the fact you are so butthurt about Heisei
I'm not butthurt about Heisei, I'm calling him out for being>>80692325

>while at the same time defending an uninspired capeshit movie like 2014
2014 has issues but it was not an "uninspired capeshit movie".

>leads me to believe you're an autist from the midden-heaps known as /co/ or /m/
Nope

>In fact I get the impression the only Godzilla you've ever seen or at least enjoyed was 2014
Nope, I enjoy the Heisei Era, most of Millennium, Shin, 2014, and a couple of the Showa films

>Either way you disgust me with the lengths you're going to defend this movie
Nothing wrong with defending something you like. You'd do the same for films you enjoy.
>>
>>80694962
looks retarded
>>
>>80695035
>2014 has issues but it was not an "uninspired capeshit movie".

that is exactly what it is
a bland Hollywood blockbuster attached to a big name but not made by people with any creativity or passion
>>
>>80694768
not him either but heisei and japanese godzilla movies are fucking garbage. kill yourself faggot
>>
>>80695082
>that is exactly what it is
nope.

>a bland Hollywood blockbuster attached to a big name but not made by people with any creativity or passion
2014 was made with creativity and passion. It's main problem was its script.
>>
>>80695119
Go to bed Gareth, your fifteen minutes are long over.
>>
>>80694768
Well the Heisei and monsterverse are so far the most uninspired eras so they tend to go hand in hand, you can probably chalk that up to Takao Okawara's lazy directing for 2/3 of those movies and kazuki Omari going to shit after biollante
>>
>Godzilla and Kong fight for the first third of the movie
>Godzilla destroys all of LA because fuck LA
>All of a sudden he gets atomic blasted by Shin Godzilla and it's a threeway
>They fight the way to Tokyo
>All of a sudden it's EVA unit 01
>At the end of the movie's premiere the director faces the crowd
>He takes off his mask
>"Just what you would expect from the Master Anno"
If it's not that I'll be disappointed
>>
>>80694962
For me, it's not the effect but the affect.

There should be flesh burning and peeling off from the muto and when it ends you should see some serious physical damage. Flesh hanging out and blood dripping, smoke coming off from the shot, and a more painful recoil from the muto.
>>
File: 1489823460339.jpg (47KB, 496x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489823460339.jpg
47KB, 496x500px
>>80691826
/m/ and /tv/ approved ranking:

2005 > Skull Island >>>> 1976 >> 1933
>>
File: 6735756.jpg (58KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6735756.jpg
58KB, 1920x1080px
What are your ideas for the death of the evil monster in the next movie?

Go!
>>
>>80695499
Godzilla impales it on something
I don't even care what
>>
>>80695426
>approved
No you're that one faggot from the /m/ threads who spammed about
>muh new Jackson movie
It's hobbit tier shit
>>
>>80695551
That's literally how the male muto died.
>>
>>80695499
Godzilla, mothra, and rodan gang rape King Ghidorah at the end when they get super powers.
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>80695573
>I EXCLUSIVELY watch black and white movies, film was an ART back then! *tips fedora*
>>
>>80695654
Nah you're just stupid

If hacksons King Kong were an actual good dinosaur adventure movie like Jurassic park or an actual good modern adventure movie no one would give you shit, but it manages to have the shittiest pacing and development of all 3 versions

>muh fedora argument
Not even normies give a shit about the Jackson one, the only difference is they say it's too long, when the real problem is it's pacing is shit and its action is overblown and it doesn't they good till they leave the island
>>
>>80695596
Huh. I haven't seen it since it came out.

Then uh... How about something hits it up into the air and Godzilla spikes it with it's tail?
>>
>>80695499
Just maul him. Brutally bite and rip the flesh off his body.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (64KB, 560x314px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
64KB, 560x314px
>>80695759
*tips*
>>
>>80679732
Wait, the new Godzilla vs Kong is going to feature the 2014 Godzilla and not Anno's Godzilla?
>>
>>80695854
Now post at the 51% audience score

Also
>so desperate you have to use the tomatoes meter
Just like how Indy 4, Jurassic world, and terminator 3 and the hobbit movies are all good right
>y-you're just mad
Also Kong 1933 has a much higher rating so either way you're fucked dummy
>>
>>80695937
Yes.
>>
>>80695954
Well shit. I thought it had Shin Godzilla. Fuck me, right?
>>
>>80695943
It only has that high rating because of historical significance. Nobody under the age of 85 gives a shit about it or would consider it good if viewed for the first time.
>>
Someone post Shin Godzilla's atomic breath.
>>
>>80679732
Jet Jaguar will win the fight

screencap this post
>>
>>80695937
I fucking wish it was Shin Godzilla.
>>
>>80696131
It's not so much a breath anymore considering he can shoot it from his dorsal fins
>>
this thread is virginkino
>>
>>80696151
Shin Godzilla could without exaggeration step on tiny monkey
Kong would need to climb it and get blasted with lazers / infected with radioactive AIDS just from touching it
>>
>>80696214
Shin Godzilla can activate back spine lasers, spin in a circle and then defeat nearly any kaiju in existence.
>>
>>80692693
How could this film cost 20 million and still have such shitty VFX
>>
>>80683653
> wreck anything in the monsterverse
>gets hurt by manmade weapons
Real shit they need to canonize the O2 destroyer
>>
>>80696381
it cost a bit less at 17 mil but mostly because FW spent all the budget on the autismo Matrix scenes
>>
>>80684380
What? Isn't Pacific Rim already set on Earth?
>>
>>80696485
Still, Kitamura made some fucking cool martial arts film like Versus and Aragami with like 0 budget. How could they spend that much? Overseas shootings?
>>
>>80696582
But not in the Godzilla universe.
>>
>>80689283
>Godzilla is a pussy who gets hurt by a building
Kong got hurt by guns, fire, and a helicopter.
Goji heals faster too.
>>
>>80696602
bet most of it went to buy Godzilla's star on the walk of fame (both his star and Final Wars are from 2004)
>>
File: godilla.jpg (94KB, 482x462px) Image search: [Google]
godilla.jpg
94KB, 482x462px
>>
>>80696839
Is Charles Barkley a canon kaiju?
>>
File: 1469715501108.jpg (72KB, 595x864px) Image search: [Google]
1469715501108.jpg
72KB, 595x864px
>american goji
>>
>>80679732
It's be cool if they used Skull Island as Monster Island for the later movies

Also I want some sort of tagline using the titles "King of the monsters" and "God of the Island"
>>
>>80697077
The sequel to their Godzilla is literally called King Of The Monsters
>>
>>80693566
>retarded the post.
>>
I really want to see Gigan.
>>
Is there any canon reason of why Godzilla didnt use so much his atomic breath in the 2014 movie?
>>
>>80695499
Fatzilla do the same but in the anus of the other monster.
>>
>>80695499
100% disintegration via atomic breath
>>
>>80679732
>Kong manages to get Godzilla on the ground
>Kong leaps over & grabs onto Godzilla's jaw
>Kong begins to pry Godzilla's jaws apart
>Godzilla blasts his atomic breath burning Kong's shoulder
>Kong leaps back away from Godzilla inspecting his burnt fur while rethinking his approach as Godzilla stands up.

That's how I want to see with the first atomic breath Kong comes in contact with in GVKK
>>
>>80696874
Yup. You cant fuck with Chuck.
>>
>>80687674
I want more hiddleston, he was so sexy in skull island. Like how can someone be so good looking.
>>
>>80697357
they wanted to make a le realistic monster movie, so maybe they figured a real animal would get tired doing it
>>
>>80696926
Gareth Edwards is a British tho
>>
>>80685099
Actually, they cuck Brie Larson's character and there's a 3 hour Q&A with Hiddleston about the Shakespearean motifs in the original 1933 movie.
>>
>>80696926
>>80699124
And Emmerich is German
American Goji has never existed
More like Global Market Goji
>>
>>80689781
it ended in a draw the last time they fought
>>
>>80699124
did the warm reception from Kong cause him to reconsider early retirement?
>>
>>80699451
It did, but we don't speak of Godzilla 2000.
>>
That feel when you read the novelization where 2014's breath was disrupted by the constant muto-pulses.

That inevitable feel in Godzilla 2, when he hauls off and annihilates something because the stupid EMP bugs aren't there to fuck his pilot light up.
>>
>>80702195
Wait, but remember that before Godzilla kills the female MUTO with the atomic breath, the MUTO used an EMP to turn off the boat where the protagonist was?

How can you explain that?
>>
>>80702443
Female's EMP wasn't as strong, or just had a shorter radius.

But I don't have to explain anything. I didn't write it. It cleared up something that I didn't like about the movie. Namely, "why the fuck did a couple million-year-old giant bugs evolve an EMP. What possible purpose could it serve?"
>>
>>80702534
>He doesn't know that TV has existed since prehistoric times
>>
>>80702443
Both EMPs shut it down completely. One EMP makes it significantly weaker. Boom. Done.
>>
>>80692995
Kong is set in the past while godzilla is modern. They said that Kong is still growing up and will be larger later on.
>>
>>80702967
Even though his parents were the same size he is.
>>
>>80702997
suck my king kong dick faggot
>>
follow me on snapchat @anusbomber

just watched Godzilla: Final Wars and reviewed it

screenshot related
>>
>>80683659
Such kino, it's exactly how I imagine a silverback would fight

Jackson should do all Kaiju fights
>>
>>80703023
What? It would have been the easiest thing ever to make his parents' skeletons fuckhuge. But nope. They put WORK into establishing that him growing bigger is stupid.
>>
File: tumblr_om0sr9B1bJ1uo0vsoo2_1280.jpg (267KB, 1280x989px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om0sr9B1bJ1uo0vsoo2_1280.jpg
267KB, 1280x989px
>Wave 1
Godzilla
Kong: Skull Island
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Godzilla vs. Kong

>Wave 2
Mothra
Mighty Joe Young
Rodan
King Kong Escapes
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla
Destroy All Monsters

>Wave 3
Varan the Unbelievable
Gamera
Godzilla vs. Gamera
King Kong 3
Godzilla, Gamera and King Kong: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack

>Wave 4
Space Amoeba
Daimajin
Son of Kong
Pacific Rim sequel
Gamera 2
Final Wars
>>
File: 1482274116313.jpg (70KB, 763x841px) Image search: [Google]
1482274116313.jpg
70KB, 763x841px
>>80703450
The sequel to Pacific Rim is next year bud.

Wave 3 and Wave 4 need more classic monsters such as Destoroyah or Gigan other than that though, good list
>>
File: 1472623645339.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472623645339.webm
3MB, 854x480px
Shin Godzilla had a great spic dub
>>
>>80679732
Kong isn't nearly as large, and isn't even bullet proof.

They're just going to size him up, and overpower him to level he's never had in any actual Kong movie so he can fight Godzilla. And even then, she should still fucking lose.

Instead they're probably going to have him win, and everyone will know it's just because they completely changed Kong from what he actually is.
>>
>>80691684
>>80691751

I fucking hate Western Godzilla movies and their unwillingness to embrace the absurdity of it all. Now, let's see some real atomic breath:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-GfiM26JhU

Western Godzilla and Kong could gang up on the real Godzilla and still get their shit utterly slapped.
>>
>>80683653
thanks for the phone wallpaper friend
>>
>>80683742
and space godzilla. gotta go big pal.
>>
>>80695596
He just got tail smashed into a tower, not impaled.
>>
>>80704118
He gets impaled on a bunch of structural steel from the tower. Watch the damn movie.
>>
File: Castle Bravo.jpg (229KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Castle Bravo.jpg
229KB, 1600x1200px
>>80703877
Not really. Remember that Legendary Godzilla tanked the Castle Bravo nuke to the face.

Castle Bravo was a 15 MT nuclear warhead. The largest America has ever detonated.

And he took it. Point blank.

Shin Godzilla has no offense capabilities, other than his atomic breath. Which he can only use for a limited amount of time. Then he has to "cooldown" by going into a few days coma.

And his breath, while impressive, is most definitely not 15 MT. While means after he cools down, Legendary Godzilla would maul him like a fucking bear
>>
>>80704149
I have, several times. I think you need some rest.
>>
>>80704290
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08FwRduRdFM

You can very clearly see he's been impaled at the 30 second mark
>>
>>80704290
>>80704465
Since you've been proven wrong, can we just agree that the sounds of Godzilla's tail hitting the Muto and the Muto hitting the building are immensely satisfying after how annoying that flappy little fucker was?
>>
>>80703676
Pacific Rim can have more than one sequel...
>>
>>80704618

Not him. Mother fucker you are dense. Sweet God.
>>
>>80705199
I was quoting you to link where my evidence was. Fuck.
>>
File: Hahaha No.gif (435KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
Hahaha No.gif
435KB, 300x222px
>>80689283
>This is what equality fags actually believe
>>
>>80679732
Godzilla is King of All Monsters for a reason
>>
>>80679732
>6 hours until March 22
>still no Shin Godji BDs on torrents
>>
>>80682963
>Kong grabs Godzilla's mouth
>Godzilla incinerates his hands with his atomic breath
>>
Regardless of what some say about 2014 Godzilla, the opening credits were fucking amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBQJjqnG1iI
>>
>>80684535
In what universe is Godzilla so dumb he doesn't immediately think to use his atomic breath whenever an attack is aimed at his mouth? I love Godzilla but if Legendary's Godzilla is this fucking dumb I don't even want him to win.
>>
Have good expectations for the new Godzilla film because of who the director is, he did Trick n Treat and Krampus, both of which I enjoyed. Edwards fucked up with the 2014 Godzilla film, killing of the interesting character only to replace him with a stilted character, also not enough of giant monsters/kaiju beating each other on screen, only off screen. meh
>>
>>80683653

BLURAY FUCKING WHEN?!
>>
>>80705870
Tomorrow in Japan
>>
>>80686778
>Nothing will beat Shin Godzilla though

I agree. Shin Godzilla was easily the best kaiju movie since Revenge of Iris.
>>
>>80691684
My headcannon is that his breath was weak as shit because It's the first time he's had to use it in millenia. Hopefully they buff it for the next movie.
>>
File: 1489466129169.png (522KB, 750x772px) Image search: [Google]
1489466129169.png
522KB, 750x772px
>>80703450
>LegendaryU Gamera
Please let this be true. Plsplsplsplspls.
Also what the fuck happened to that movie that was gonna be put out a while back? It's been at least two years by now.
>>
File: 1489512370151.jpg (122KB, 1200x927px) Image search: [Google]
1489512370151.jpg
122KB, 1200x927px
>all these fagets ITT thinking the battle would have an ending
They'd fight to a stalemate then come together to fight the big bad of the movie. Pic related is endgame.
>>
File: Shin__Shinn__n_Shinji.jpg (434KB, 750x630px) Image search: [Google]
Shin__Shinn__n_Shinji.jpg
434KB, 750x630px
>>80706165
>tomorrow
>in japan
Sweet, that means one year's delay for the NA release. Fucking Funimation.
>>
>>80685498
Stop shilling your shit faggot
>>
File: 1487135827105.jpg (60KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487135827105.jpg
60KB, 1014x1024px
>Free Bird isn't played over Skull Island's epilogue
It would have fit so well.
>>
>>80704157
Shin Godzilla's offense and defense is his ability to evolve and adapt. Stage 4 would still shit on kong and 2014 godzilla with little problem
>>
>>80703450
No gmk should include Kong. He sucks and Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan would kill him
>>
>>80679732
>Godzilla 2014
Pure K-I-N-O

>Kong: Skull Island
literally a transformers 4 tier shit
>>
>>80707868
>imblying
Coming from someone wearing a 2014 shirt RIGHT NOW and loved it, it's a 7/10 at the very best. Kong is a better movie overall, I cared about a character in Kong.
One character, but still.
>>
>>80683477
A bit of sci.fi would be cool but not so much that it becomes corny.
>>
>>80686319
>>80686662

>saying a film about a giant monkey is bad because its not realistic enough

autism.
>>
File: 哥斯拉金剛母親瑪莎梗.jpg (114KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
哥斯拉金剛母親瑪莎梗.jpg
114KB, 480x480px
>>80679732
>>
File: 1489861034046.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
1489861034046.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>80684535
>>80692203
>>80705754

This faggot not posting the whole scene
>>
>>80707688
>Kong Sucks
>Not wanting to see Kong duking it out with Godzilla (whose size perpetually increases in each movie) and similarly sized monsters, while turning sky scrapers into improvised weaponry.
>>
>>80704157
The graphic novel tie-in also had him tanking the Chicxulub impactor without any discernible damage.
>>
File: DoYouBleed.jpg (113KB, 740x734px) Image search: [Google]
DoYouBleed.jpg
113KB, 740x734px
>>80694367
Tell me, do you bleed?
Thread posts: 268
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.