[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So can we all admit that season 2 has been a big drop in quality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

So can we all admit that season 2 has been a big drop in quality from season one?

Can we also admit that all belter scum need to be spaced en masse for being the jarjar Binks of the system?
>Mu-muh belt, muh rock Hoppahs, muh I'm only alive because mars and earth still feeds me otherwise I'd starve in my space hole
>>
Your opinion are shit.
>>
>>80641300

fpbp

s2 has been even better than s1 for me
>>
so can we all agree op is a turbo pleb?
>>
Didn't appreciate the shift from politics to, basically, space heroing around the solar system - I just feel like they're accelerating the pace way too much, ending every episode on a cliffhanger, trying to top themselves every time.

Still pretty great at times though.
>>
>>80641300
>>80641317
>>80641332
>Season 2 belter loving scum
Space fags. I hate the marine plot, I hate the Miller plot (omg I'm gonna cry for Miller even though I've only known him for like two weeks we love you Miller), lmao the nauvoo is just gone now even though it completely missed its target. Relationships just seem forced in short periods.

Belters are and always will be faggots.
>>
>>80641254
Season 2 is much better.
>>
>>80641254
>literally terraforming mars
>still need humans for menial jobs that belters do

They should probably have lifelike sexbots already
>>
File: Ganymede battle.webm (3MB, 712x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ganymede battle.webm
3MB, 712x400px
>>
>>80641300
F•P•B•P
>>
Quick, post more Drummer to drive the plebs awaay
>>
File: Drummer02.jpg (403KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Drummer02.jpg
403KB, 1280x720px
>>80642327
>>
>>80642069
What the hell was this cluster fuck of a scene anyway? I felt like the viewer was also not to know wtf was going on at all other than "shit's blowing up; everyone shoot everything!" Then that bullshit with the guys getting killed by the protofucker.

I mean obviously it was all planned, but since every one else in the solar system was like "wtf happened?" I don't think it was a false flag event by the pro-protomolecule fucks.
>>
>>80642450
I figured that Mao unleashed the Proto-Man to distract from him.
>>
>>80642562
I just mean I felt like it was poorly edited or shot.
>>
>>80642374
DELET THIS
>>
File: Drummer shot.jpg (379KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Drummer shot.jpg
379KB, 1280x720px
>>80642694
>>
Why are belters space Jamaicans?
>>
File: galaxy-image.jpg (85KB, 417x235px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-image.jpg
85KB, 417x235px
>>80643087
New accents are rarely created for tv/movies.
>>
>>80643152
Why would their accent change at all, also what fucking language are they speaking when it's not English, seriously what is the belter language supposed to be?
>We jus a poah rock Hoppahs bruddah
>Owns space ship
>>
The fact of it is that season one taken by itself was pretty underwhelming, I binged it with the first half of season two and honestly it works better if you imagine the first season ended at season 2 episode 5. That feels like a whole story that wraps up pretty well. But now after that it's like the show has just started telling its new story and there's only 5 episodes left.
>>
>>80643380
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_languages

Read through this, it will help you learn how things change over time, regarding language.
>>
the first 5 episodes are scifi telekino. it's been slow since then, but it's picking back up now. season 1 had some slow episodes too.
>>
>>80642450

Yeah I felt like the engagement over Ganymede was very poorly done in that episode. No use of establishing shots to show which ship was which and what they were doing that caused them to blast the mirror so heavily. Given how well they've choreographed space battles up 'till then, I'm not sure what went wrong. Everything was too small and hard to see; I wasn't sure which ship belonged to whom.

Maybe chaos was what they were going for, since those were the circumstances of the engagement, but the way they did it didn't work.
>>
>>80643586
It sorta felt like it was rushed in some way. Like it was supposed to be longer but got edited like that out of time constraints or something.
>>
>>80643586
i think that's exactly what they were going for, chaos and confusion.
>>
>>80643087

http://expanse.wikia.com/wiki/Belter_Creole
>>
>>80643679
I thought this also
>>
>>80643586
>>80643679
It was like watching Transformers fight in those shitty movies.
>>
>>80643689
>>80643087
>>80643152
It is a "dialect" not a different language. The author doesn't really get what differentiates dialect from language. It hasn't diverged properly to be a language, thus it is still a dialect.
>>
>>80644048

so? Nobody was discussing whether it was a dialect or a language, someone just asked why they sounded like space jamaicans
>>
>>80641254
>So can we all admit something that's not true

obviously not
>>
>>80641254
It's because season 1 was most of a single story while season 2 is the ending of season 1's story and the very beginning of the second book's story.
>>
>>80643087
>jamaican
More like Cajun/Afrikan/Hispanic/Chinese
And it's because they mostly speak a different language made up of various modern languages.
>>
haven't seen that annoying muslim lady in a while, so that's an improvement
>>
>>80644048
Large swaths of belter creole is completely unintelligible to english speakers.
It's safe to call it a separate language even if it has some english loan words.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.