[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Didn't like this the first time I saw it a year or two ago.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: blade_runner_xlg.jpg (265KB, 998x1500px) Image search: [Google]
blade_runner_xlg.jpg
265KB, 998x1500px
Didn't like this the first time I saw it a year or two ago. Anything I should play closer attention to on the second viewing? Characters and pace felt so slow and dull from what I remember, maybe I need a different perspective.
>>
Take your Ritalin, millennial.
>>
>>80635882
you're not alone OP
it's pretty amazing from the visual standpoint but the plot is so fucking boring and everything feels flat.
>>
it is about the questioning of what is human and what is not
Is a murder a human and is an android who saved a life not human?
now I've spoonfed you
>>
>>80635882

Literally everyone only likes this movie for the visuals.
>>
>>80636090
Okay, I did too. I thought there was more to it.
>>
File: 201aa.png (608KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
201aa.png
608KB, 620x348px
>>80635882
>Didn't like this the first time I saw it a year or two ago.
there is not a single reason for you to watch it another time
move on
and go for batman vs superman for a happy 11th time
that'll be enough for your brain
>>
>>80636039
I got that, I just feel like the execution of the plot and those ideas was really dull and overshadowed by the visuals.
>>
>>80636471
I wouldn't be asking for a better perspective on the film if I enjoyed garbage like bvs
>>
>>80635882
Maybe you should acquire some fucking taste.

Blade Runner is the litmus test for plebians. It is the only film I have found to give 100% accurate results.
>>
>>80637868
Damn.
>>
File: 1488139327560.gif (1MB, 972x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488139327560.gif
1MB, 972x1000px
>>80637868
>It is the only film I have found to give 100% accurate results.
So BR is the voight-Kampff test to check plebians ?
>>
>>80635882

I have watched this film at least 5 times, falling asleep with each viewing.

It has excruciatingly slow pacing which builds to nothing.

I can see how people are all about the visuals, but only if you take the year made in account. I do not think it holds up at all, everything looks like a small scale model, which it is but still.

I was so very disappointed and judge anyone who reviews this as a masterpiece poorly.
>>
watch the version without the narration

the narration is garbage

in b4 narration shills
>>
>>80638801
Yeah Harrison Ford didn't give a single shit
>>
>>80638801
also, some people arent into "old" (aka pre-1999) movies or slow movies. BR is most definitely a slow movie.

if you arent into slow films, dont force yourself to watch.

for me, as a kid, i hated slow films. now i love them. your taste for slow films may change, it may not.

you ask what should you be looking for, or what do people enjoy about the film.... but the answers they give wont help YOU to enjoy it, because you dont have the same perspectives.

blade runner is all about atmosphere. a film which never takes you out of the world that has been created. the characters, the world, the ambience, the soundtrack. the 80s synths and 80s bloops and beeps.

those are the things i like in it. then theres the stuff that makes us human. what does it mean to be human or replicant. does dekkard question his own existance or does he not care?

see, all the above sounds retarded if you arent in the right mood for it. you'll say things like "but the matrix did the human/program thing better" or "what makes this any different than ex-machina?" or "its boring and i fell asleep and the characters all talk like its monologue in a play"

which are all valid opinions to have about the film. so i guess what i'm saying is ... after watching a few thousand films you may develop an appreciation for it. or not.

dont force yourself, dont worry if you dont like it either. some people never like this film no matter how old or experienced they are with films.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.