[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gantz. The movie where everybody watches as their teammates die

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 81255l.jpg (109KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
81255l.jpg
109KB, 424x600px
Gantz.
The movie where everybody watches as their teammates die without shooting their super weapons with unlimited ammo.
What the fuck? why was combat so stupid and illogical?
It was fun I guess but it had me screaming at the screen at times.
>>
Pretty dope design on that gun on the girl on the right is holding
>>
>>80632283

guns in gantz are retarded unfortunately
>>
The main appeal to this manga was always the excessive amounts of tits and violence, everything else is pants on head retarded. I haven't seen this yet so it sounds faithful
>>
>>80632382
But they're way overpowered.
run point shoot.
Wait for reload.
repeat.
>>
>>80632214
I tried watching this show, and it was pretty much like OP said.
>>
this shit was traumatizing to watch

also main character is a cuck with single mom fetish
>>
>>80632594

>run point shootMASSIVE DELAY.

fixed
>>
Well it is based on the manga where everybody watches their teammates die without shooting their super weapons with unlimited ammo. The only reason to watch Gantz is for the sex and violence, but it's sort of lacking in the first one
>>
>>80632739
Why don't they shoot?!?
>>
Didnt understand part of the end. He can leave just like that? Why was that allowed? He revived a teammate, he didnt choose freedom. I get that this is his second time there.
>>
>>80632214
>The movie where everybody watches as their teammates die without shooting their super weapons with unlimited ammo.
Because it was a game to them, you retard? The Osaka Team just cared about proving that they are strong.
>>
>>80632893
Because they can just live normally when they don't have to play the game.
>>
>>80633117
None of them seemed to act like that was a thing
>>
>>>>>/a/
>>
>>80632893

They only get teleported to gantz when there is a mission, after the mission is done you can live your life as normal until the next mission
>>
>>80632784

Most of them are retards that literally don't know whats going on.

Osaka and USA were the only teams that had serious veteran players until Kei and Kato got good.
>>
File: manlettears.png (346KB, 1024x582px) Image search: [Google]
manlettears.png
346KB, 1024x582px
>>80632739

The thing is, if you're reading panels, it becomes way less obvious that characters are just standing there and watching while someone dies since the reader will likely interpret it as a rapid sequence of events.

I don't know why this movie would pick up the biggest flaw of the show, but if that's the case I refuse to watch it. Never again.

>mfw the show plainly disrespects the viewer by having the two non-fat, non-crippled protags die by running on traintracks from an oncoming train for like 5 minutes when they could've easily just hopped up the shoulder-height ledge
>>
I was pleasently surprised it was on netflix day the bd came out and dubbed too.. It was good fun.
>>
>>80632283
It looks retarded
>>
Gantz called the big titted girl jugs...
Ha.ha.
>>
>>80632214
>The movie where everybody watches as their teammates die without shooting their super weapons with unlimited ammo.
Did you not notice the entire fucking plot? The main character is literally the only living character with any sense of altruism. That's what set him apart from all the other characters. Nobody fucking cares about anyone but themselves, and the points system encourages it.
>>
This leads me on to a huge problem i have in action films where the main character is saved at the last instant by a friend or whatever. It never looks like its instant/last second and it always looks like the henchman/evil person is waiting for somebody to stop them killing the main character and even talks to them instead of doing anything. It never feels urgent.
>>
>Japanese RIPD
>Weeaboo faggots eat it up because it's Japanese

Also who the fuck has time to read that whole thing
>>
>>80634323
if anything RIPD is an english gantz you retard. also RIPD was a shit movie don't bring it up again, at least gantz is entertaining
>>
>>80632283
iirc that one's a capture gun, it shoots some sort of 'energy net'

>>80632594
the guns in gantz are either overpowered or totally useless depending on enemy.
>>
>>80634392
RIPD had a comic too. Also make me.
Also Gantz is not entertaining, I don't need 30 chapters just for one battle.
>>
It was decent despite not having Muscle Rider or Kuwabara
>>
>>80634693
well you could get 60 chapters of TAE-CHAAAAAAN

oh wait, we did.
>>
>>80634323
>Also who the fuck has time to read that whole thing

What, Gantz?

Trust me, you don't want to read the whole thing.
>>
>>80632214
>choosing damaged goods over perfection
now THAT was an immersion breaker
>>
Isn't it a fucking waste when anime presents a situation where the main character is not happy with or sucks at whilst you would be fucking thrilled to be in that situation.
for example gantz. or Evangelion. Or some other thing nothing comes to mind.
>>
File: 1483053652552.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1483053652552.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>no muscle rider taking down god aliens with his fists and brute strength
>>
File: tQTubR5.png (986KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tQTubR5.png
986KB, 1600x900px
>>80632991
The part when he is trying to save the old people and the kid was painful to watch
They both sat there staring at the monster for several minutes just pointing their guns at it.
And then they get attack and have this whole fight scene where they almost die that could have been avoided if they just shot it from the start
>>
>>80635251
Fucking this... goddamn it
>>
>>80635049

Perfection has a hardon for his dead best friend Kei Kurono so much she gets a personal clone fuccboi version made of him by gantz
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.