[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i saw fargo last night and found it just okay. Can you explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: images (12).jpg (26KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
26KB, 200x300px
So i saw fargo last night and found it just okay.
Can you explain it's cult classic status.
>>
>>80630672
>muh coen brothers
>>
Quick rundown on the Coen Brothers

>Sony execs bow to Coens
>In contact with Stanley Kubrick
>Possess camera-like abilities
>Control Hollywood with an iron but fair fist
>Own theaters & studios globally
>Direct descendants of the Edision blood line
>Will bankroll the first 4D films (Suburbicoen will be be the first kino)
>Own 99% of film editing research facilities on Earth
>>
>watch movie
>"i didn't think it was amazing, explain why"

how about you talk about what you didn't like you dingus
>>
It was probably too overhyped 4 Uand didn't live up to expectations. I personally loved it the first time I saw it. I think it helps if you're European. Even thoug it's an American film and takes place in Minnesota it has a very European soul, and come across as almost fantasy level for Americans I'd assume.
>>
>>80632617
I had a lot of expactations but movie was just okay. Charcters were too normal.
Cinematography was just ok. Dialog nothing special. Soundtrack was shallow.
Definetly worst Coen movie for me.

The strange thing is that i really liked the first episode of the series.
>>
>>80633041
I am european and i can understand the appeal but not feel it.
>>
Many film buffs consider it a revolutionary noir in a time period when noir movies were either purposely anachronistic in their approach to the genre or the noir element was just a partial aspect not the main feature. Fargo's approach was unique and still remained a great noir flick through and through.
>>
>>80630672

Watch it again, but pay closer attention.
>>
>>80633157
>Definetly worst Coen movie for me.
pls stop posting
>>
>>80633157
The problem, like with all Coen brother films, is that the characters are intentionally melodramatic or wacky as some kind of cringeworthy nod to the audience. It just doesn't work and comes off poorly
>>
>>80633157
but that woodchiper scene tho. DIDNT YOU LIKE IT!
>>
>>80632534
Good effort
>>
>>80633965
Good part.
>>
>>80633922
A Serious Man is way better than Fargo should it be only for that shortmovie at the begining about the jewish ghost, but Fargo has this strange ambiance ya know that mesmerize your attention..
>>
>>80632534
kek
>>
>>80633157
>Soundtrack was shallow.

Soundtrack was pretty great. You must have some pretty shitty taste. I bet you like the cliche over-the-top Hans Zimmer scores.
>>
>>80634244
And you must be fan of Tarantino's 70's pop bullshit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.