[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>a ragtag team of minorities lead by a female fighting against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 31

>a ragtag team of minorities lead by a female fighting against the evil white man

wooow so groundbreaking

tell me again why we like this flick, /tv/?
>>
because it was about a ragtag team of minorities lead by a female fighting against the evil white man

reddit the flcik
>>
>>80624340
wtf i hate jews now
>>
>>80624340
Because it was bad, and /tv/ always has to play the contrarian
>>
File: Nb0kkIjy[1].jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Nb0kkIjy[1].jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>80624340
I couldn't watch this film

Those damn fucking DSL
>>
>>80624340
>tell me again why we like this flick, /tv/?
>why WE like this
Jesus christ, learn to form your own opinions you fucking sheep.
>>
File: 3123.jpg (37KB, 583x481px) Image search: [Google]
3123.jpg
37KB, 583x481px
>>80624340
hahahahaahah dumpf got BTFO by this movie
>>
>>80624486
ummm, it's called connected conciousness and were all part of it
even you
>>
>>80624340
I'm taking the bait, but I've seen nothing but negative threads about the movie on /tv/. You may be thinking of leddit.
>>
>>80624340
Cuz Vader and the last 30 min action.
You know it to be true
>>
Loved the scenery

Was there some really bad acting or was it just me

Terrible dialogue flow, not natural.
>>
>>80624340
the movie felt like it was ok and then some Disney assholes in suits ruined it. Apparently this is what actually happened.
>>
File: CfdpV2lW8AQ34LQ.jpg (107KB, 600x909px) Image search: [Google]
CfdpV2lW8AQ34LQ.jpg
107KB, 600x909px
>>80624476
>>
>>80624340
Because they all die in the end?
>>
>>80624340
>Female lead can't do shit other than some minor combat
>Doesn't care about the Rebellion, they don't care about her
>Minority crew gets absolutely massacred by the Empire in an admittedly well executed plan that does succeed.
>Vader

But the contrarians had to say they hated it so we would know how smart and above it all they were.
>>
>>80625125
Any shots of those sex feet?
>>
cant they make a movie that is not about 5 jerkoffs denying the odds to destroy a fucking deathstar?

doesnt matter how many steps it takes to get there, it always ends up the same.
>>
>intriguing game between Krennic and Tarkin
>great cinematography especially after the visual clusterfuck tfa was
>top world building explaining even minor shit like the imperial guards uniform.
>nicely showing how the force works
>great space and ground battle
>nice and interesting story
>creative locations
>>
>>80625450
>retarded audiences
>>
>>80625160
>>80625450
I liked it too. It was by far not perfect, but a much more solid film than any of the prequels or TFA.
>>
I just watched and thought it was okay, kinda bummed everyone died which seemed a bit weird. Plus is it just me or did vadar sound strange?!
>>
it's called star wars

you also forgot that the whole thing was boring and there were no characters to care about
>>
>>80625569
hell no
it is phantom menace tier
>>
>>80625732
You really need to watch Phantom Menace again if you actually believe that.

Rogue One wasn't very good but it was nowhere near being the utter shit that Phantom Menace is.
>>
>>80626028
it is as shit as phantom menace with better effects
>>
>>80625683
But the characters in a movie fight against faceless bad guys and overpower them easily as long as it's convenient for the story. How can you not care about them.
>>
George liked it.
>>
>download torrent
>about to order pizza and get comfy
>just eat is down
Reeeeeeeee
>>
>>80625064
The main girl and the Spanish guy were very bad

Mikkelson and Whitaker were good as usual though
>>
I watched this and Star Trek Beyond yesterday . Star Trek was legit better, and they used fucking music to destroy aliens in the vacuum of space. kek

Rogue One was complete shit. Apart from Based Yen.
>>
>>80625450
>>great cinematography especially after the visual clusterfuck tfa was
>>top world building explaining even minor shit like the imperial guards uniform.
>>great space and ground battle
>>creative locations

Agreed with this stuff but the script was pure shit, maybe even worse than TFA
>>
File: 1489676205327.jpg (91KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489676205327.jpg
91KB, 900x900px
>>80626278
>Whitaker
but he was terrible, it was so fucking distracting.
>>
>>80626280
>Based Yen
please leave, retard
>>
Why are neckbeards so easily triggered by minorities in baby movies?
>>
reminder that every time the normalfag plebs pay to see something in a theater they are wowed by the big screen, sound and crab legs and say it is good. then when the BD rip is out the kinologists recognise it for the trash it is.
>>
>>80626311
TFA was much better, you're just butthurt because they put a black dude in it

>muh jews are trying to normalize race mixing meme
>fucking niggers reeeeee
>>
>>80626256
Go walk to the store and get some frozen pizza then.
>>
>>80626340
I thought it was deliberately campy and that it worked well in the context. Seemed like he was having fun with the role
>>
>>80624340
oh hi /pol
how's the mental illness scene goin
>>
>>80626341
>retard

You realise this makes you look dumb, right? Don't you know any other words or are you just trying to fit in?
>>
File: drumpf.jpg (158KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
drumpf.jpg
158KB, 800x800px
>>80624340
>a ragtag team of drumpf losers lead by a non white fighting against nothing in particular by making threads on /tv/ all day
Wow I sure love this film
>>
>>80626407
>Frozen pizza
I'm not a peasant
>>
>>80626420
>>80626438
say it with me

PRESIDENT donald J trump
>>
It was an uninspired popcorn flick. 6/10 because the universe is still interesting even after another Death Star rehash.

I wish Disney weren't a bunch of limp-dicked formula followers, though. It's a shame they made the movie significantly less dark than it originally was, purportedly. Whittaker had a line in the initial trailer that went something like:

>What will you do when they find you? What will you do when they BREAK you?

It was a well-delivered line and ensured a promising tone. But no, Disney had to fuck it all up and serve a soulless, ultra-safe story because imagination and risk-taking are apparently frowned upon in today's Hollywood.

Look at what Disney used to stand for compared to what it is today—an absolute tragedy.
>>
Is this SW with the highest body count?
>>
File: 1487090828258.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487090828258.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>80626473
There are good frozen pizzas as well.
>>
>>80626479
say it with me - impeached
>>
>>80626437
He was put in the film so retards can have fun. That's what i meant.
>>
>>80626511
Nah, that's A New Hope. They actually blow up a planet in that one.
>>
>>80624340
>we like this
See, the problem here isn't your "analysis" of the movie, it's the clear starvation for group think and sense of belonging. You could have easily avoided that by appearing less like an attention-starved faggot.
>>
>>80624340
because it has Mads Mikkelsen and he's handsome, no homo.
>>
>>80624340
>Reply
Welcome, you live in that world too.
>>
>>80624340
>a ragtag team of /tv/eenagers lead by a triggered dipshit OP fighting against the fact that there are other demographics that watch movies other than white people

Not super groundbreaking. Might as well be constant /triggered/ generals.

because it was well made and made me feel like a kid again and was like finally getting the prequel movie I wanted after the phantom menace crushed my soul 18 years ago.

Am I still banned?
>>
>>80626740
>made me feel like a kid again and was like finally getting the prequel movie I wanted after the phantom menace crushed my soul 18 years ago
I feel exactly the same way as you do and I'm honestly shocked by how hated Rogue One is among /tv/ autists.
>>
>>80626340
agreed I hated his shitty lazy delivery. he doesnt give a fuck anymore hes a big name and its a blockbuster franchise.
>>
>>80626544
well keep holding your breath, it'll be a long 8 years for you.
>>
>>80626840
>and I'm honestly shocked by how hated Rogue One is among /tv/ autists.
maybe because we have actual TASTE lol
>>
Why did the animators think Tarkin and Leia looked good? If you have to have em in the film, why not use a little restraint and clever angles so we don't need to stare directly in to their lifeless eyes.
>>
>>80628328
>we
>TASTE
>lol

stick to reddit, my guy
>>
Watched rogue one yesterday. Actually a not terrible movie, much better than Awakens. Something seemed wrong with vader's voice and his trick or treat costume needed work. Supporting cast more fun than brit teeth. Robot dude was actually funny in a few parts.

It was worth the 2 hours. Really shows how terrible JJ is at doing anything though since it lends itself to VII comparisons.
>>
>>80628445 (You)
bad bait, here's your (you)
>>
>>80628328
Whatever makes you feel superior to others, my man.
>>
>>80628970

it was legitimate advice, hombre
>>
>>80629092
here's some legimate advice

watch better movi-, nay, films

if u have the brain power that is.... lol
>>
>saw guerrera get it it's just like che guevarra
>no, we didn't know that che hated gays
>no, we didn't know that che has his own death squads
>>
Rogue One is good.
>>
>>80630206
no
>>
Much better than TFA, but still worse than the original six.

At least it was refreshing to see something without jedis, and the fatct that they all die made it have some stakes.

I just wished for once the Empire wasnt depicted as completely incompetent.
>>
>>80630293
>original six.
kill yourself
>>
>>80624340
We like it because of this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WioRxS-uuTs
>>
>>80624340
>we

KYS. we only like the prequels here.
>>
>>80625607
>seemed a bit weird
Why? They succeeded in an insane mission to make it possible to save the galaxy by the skin of their teeth. The losses were massive but their sacrifice prevented the empire from taking over the whole galaxy. It's not a lame-ass plot-armor happy ending and it's not an edgelord "lol everything is awful f u" ending either; it's just cool.

>Plus is it just me or did vadar sound strange?!
Well James Earl Jones is 86 years old now.
>>
it was too convenient

at the end i was hoping they failed to get the plans to the rebels directly but alerted them of their existence and found a way to make it possible

instead everything was tied up with a neat little uncanny-valley CGI bow, even though I always knew it was gonna happen this way.

now to wait for the edits of ANH with a rogue one memorial on yavin IV post DS-I explosion. can even include CGI leia.
>>
horrible acting. the british chick and the spic couldn't act for shit.
>>
>>80628438
Do you honestly think they aren't going to keep tweaking it so it looks better on subsequent home video releases? Who fucking cares.
>>
>>80624340
It was panned by /tv/ as well dude

Fucking Phantom Menace is better than TFA and Rogue 1
>>
>>80624340

because, outside of some serious contrivances and plot holes (and quips), it at least feels like star wars, unlike TFA. also, it proves once again that JJ is fucking horrible, when even one of Disney's sweatshop directors can produce a more competent film than abrams

also it managed not to totally fail telling the story of pre-4. while the story didn't need to be told, at least it added something to the narrative of 4, like how it wasnt total imperial retardation that led to the thermal exhaust port.

it also developed how the rebellion started as split up shady terrorist group performing morally dubious actions.

also, its funny when jane gives her rousing speech to the rebel leaders, only to have them shoot her down.

C+, kinda excited to watch it again when the br shows up on pirate sites
>>
>>80630293
>and the fatct that they all die made it have some stakes
lol no
they all conveniently died right after their tasks were completed
>>
It was good but could have been a lot darker. You already know how it's going to end especially after they destroy the first city.
You just don't care about anyone but Mikkelsen because he was the only one who was vulnerable.
Also the Tarkin CGI was fucking atrocious, it's the one thing you'd think the richest movie producers of all time would get right. Leia CGI was acceptable but also not what I expect from such a budget.

They could have taken a chance and aim for a 16+ audience with more violence, dark, dystopian tone and actually let good actors get roles.
As for the acting, Mikkelsen, Whitaker and Mendelsohn were good. The rest of the acting was okay, although I couldn't stand Donnie Yen's character.
>>
>>80630830

this is generally what happens in movies, unless its a bad guy dying, in which case they die right before their task is completed

because watching a rogue one where the plan fails because jane dies right before sending the message, or monk dies right before flipping the switch is rather unsatisfying

if you want no stakes, go watch the avengers, where during an apocalypse level event, whedon goes out of his way to show avengers going out of their way saving a few civilians rather than stopping loki or the portal or whatever, where i think not a single civilian is shown explicitly dying and the heroes are busy quipping with the villains.

and if you want actual depth, go read a book, film is a visual medium with basic emotional meaning
>>
>>80629424
To be fair they paint Saw as a morally ambiguous character too.
>>
>>80631809

yeah he clearly does some messed up shit in his search of ends, what with the mind rape and all

he's the rebel leader thats probably willing to blow up a building full of civilians if it means killing a few high ranking imperial officers
>>
>>80630569

disney is very audience conscious, because even with the social agendas and whatnot, they still want money above all else

they know the star wars special editions are much maligned so dont expect any edits of those

same reason they spent so much effort pretending (lying) to be focusing on practical effects for TFA
>>
>>80626586
They blow up 4 in tfa
>>
>>80630569
>it was too convenient
>literally everyone dies and the data just barely scrapes out of Vader's grasp by dedicated rebels who also died for that singular cause
>>
>>80632670
meanwhile nobody is complaining about how convenient it is that the plans just happen to stumble into Luke Skywalker's hands after all the shit at the start of A New Hope. people literally just whining about the same flaws the original trilogy had.
>>
>>80633045
it's not happenstance, it's the force
>>
>>80633045
Rogue One had far more grit in it than any other Star Wars movie. Miraculous happenings are a common theme in SW; at least here people had to bite and claw for it even if The Force still played its role.
>>
>>80625450
These, although the plot was a complete mess that didn't make any sense at times.
>>
>>80626494
>made the movie significantly less dark than it originally was
Um, the main complaint against this movie is that it's too dark and has none of the humor and characters of the other movies. If it was any more darker it'd have been a total failure with audiences.
>>
File: Star-Wars-Rogue-One.jpg (26KB, 615x406px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-Rogue-One.jpg
26KB, 615x406px
Best SW movie since TESB
>>
>>80629171
>using reddit spaces
it doesn't take brain power to watch flicks you negroid.
>>
>>80624340
It seems millenials here were amazed by the fan service darth vader last sequence, it redeemed magically a whole shitty boring, sjw and bland movie.
>>
>>80624340
Was a letdown to me, almost as bad as episode 1.
>>
I pretty much enjoyed all the characters except the mexican guy
also CGI Tarkin was a mistake
>>
>Almost all the X-Wing pilots are white
>All the alliance military leaders are white
>Main character is white
>Main character's heroic, self sacrificing father is a blue eyed white male

I'll be the first to say that liberalism is a form of mental illness but in this case OP is insane. This is just shit posting bait to start yet another argument about politics.

And of course the same three idiots will be the ones arguing in this topic. Both liberal an conservative douche bags. They're always in every topic like this one. I wish they could be range banned.
>>
>>80635884
>sjw
Why?
>>
>>80635668
Yep, and anyone who says otherwise is a joyless cunt who spends all their time shit posting on /tv/.

Let's face facts, most /tv/tards are far joyless, angry, entitled little pieces of shit
>>
>>80624340
what happened to the bothans?
>>
>>80625450
>imperial guards
What? I may have missed that
>>
>>80636303
NOT CANON
O
T

C
A
N
O
N

Talking about convenient, why the fuck would you be able to upload shit directly from the dish? Why does it need adjustment, meaning basically just pointing straight up, which you can do with a single button press anyway?
>>
>>80636303
I thought they leaked the info for Death Star II, not the original.
>>
>>80636513
i just remember that line, "many bothans died..."
>>
>>80636325
That whole post is bait.
Have you seen the movie? Nothing that post greentexts is actually in the film, except MAYBE >great space and ground battle
>>
>>80635089
kys
>>
>>80624340
It was honestly the only bearable Star Wars movie since Return of the Jedi. It's more the kind of mixture of fresh new content and nostalgia/name dropping that the actual new Star Wars movie needed.

>>80636050
>CGI Tarkin was a mistake
I agree. Looked okay in stills, but really really goofy in motion.
>>
>>80636303
>>80636495

Shit bait

Bothans were return of the Jedi
>>
>>80636621
>Shit bait
>Bothans were return of the Jedi
As I said, not canon, but not bullshit either.
>This hilarious final twist in the long story of Operation Skyhook plays out in Star Wars: Empire at War PC game, which features a mission in which players play as the Empire, and discovering that the Bothan Spynet transmitted crucial security codes for the Death Star to Alliance High Command, go to the Bothan’s homeworld of Bothawui with the Emperor himself in tow. The Emperor, along with a few of his Royal Guards, slaughter tons of Bothans as an act of revenge for the Spynet’s actions, until a sole survivor of their attack pleads for his life by revealing to Palplatine that the full plans are being transmitted to the Tantive IV in the Tatooine system. It’s the final “act” before the events of A New Hope in the EU, and it’s totally about bringing the Many Bothans joke to the Death Star 1 party too.
>>
>>80624340
WHY DO MINORITIES CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THE RACE OF THE CHARACTERS SO MUCH? CAN'T THEY JUST RELATE TO CHARACTERS OF DIFFERENT RACES LIKE ME?

WAIT, A WHITE GUY IS EVIL? WHAT THE FUCK? AND A WOMAN IS THE HERO? NICE KIKE PROPAGANDA (((DISNEY)))
>>
>>80625450
there is no game between krennic and tarkin

it's whiny manchild vs his boss. that's the entirety.
>>
>>80636558
That was in Return of the Jedi before the battle of Endor.
>>
File: 1483041319214.jpg (2MB, 2136x3214px) Image search: [Google]
1483041319214.jpg
2MB, 2136x3214px
>>80626537
this

Red Baron is the tits
>>
File: 1487455089402.gif (823KB, 200x200px)
1487455089402.gif
823KB, 200x200px
>>80624340
>Reddit_the_movie
>>
File: VaderTime.webm (2MB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
VaderTime.webm
2MB, 600x600px
>>80625450
You have to give the autistic manchildren their jeddy jeddy slash slash or they get pissy
>>
>>80638455
fan service done right
>>
>>80630293
>original six

kill yourself.

List of film by quality

ANH>ESB>R1>RoTS>AotC>TFA>TPM>RoTJ
>>
>>80626840
>>80626740
>man children
>>
File: Patrol Return Fire.webm (1MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Patrol Return Fire.webm
1MB, 480x480px
Give me battlefront level star wars any day of the week
>>
>>80638543
Reddit
>>
>>80638718
>that one part where Jyn saves the kid
cliche bullshit that ruined the scene
>>
>>80624340
It's the best star wars movie since empire. Any other opinion is either contrarianism or preferring return of the jedi
>>
>>80624340
Because I'm not white and insecure about my decreasing social status?
>>
>>80638648
TPM is the only prequel that manages to be watchable.

Liking ROTS is manchild reddit shit.
>>
>>80636262
Stop being stupid, anon. Movie was forgettable trash.
>>
File: DSWarningShot.webm (622KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
DSWarningShot.webm
622KB, 480x360px
>>80638794
Don't worry anon. The chink kid gets it anyway
>>
>>80638794
it's almost like she sees herself in the kid
>>
>>80638837
Stop saying this like its some hot take or remotely impressive. Its still a 4/10 movie
>>
>>80638855
good

>>80638914
gay
>>
>>80638844
I honestly hate all of the prequels. All of them. I only put RoTS up because it's darker and you get to see all the jedi get merked.

TPM is my favorite because of the podracing. I played the shit out of that game when I was a kid. Only thing that could have made it better is if Anakin Fagwalker's podracer craned into a god damn sceptic tank and exploded with Bullseye Navior swimming in bitches in the winner's circle.

Podracing, soundtrack, and Kenobi are the only redeeming parts of the prequels. Everything else is dog shit.
>>
>>80626396
projecting
>>
>>80638932
>Its still a 4/10 movie
No, if you want to be realistic it's a 6.5.
>>
Childhood is when you idolize Rogue One. Adulthood is when you realize The Force Awakens was the superior film.
>>
>>80639011
watch out, the contrarian retards will come out of the woodwork to tell you you're wrong.
>>
File: no facts.jpg (45KB, 551x800px) Image search: [Google]
no facts.jpg
45KB, 551x800px
>>80626544
>>
>>80624340
because they all died
>>
Rogue One was way much better than the TFA, which was utter garbage.
Pros:
Not (so) many forced lines-nostalgia shit
Tarkin was good
Bunnyfu
Vader
Tried to spawn new stuff and had average world build
All of them died

Cons:
Shitty plot
First half is boring and pointless
Wasn't tied to the Jedis at all
Ip Man "forced"
Shitty acting from some of the cast
Convenient plot progression
>>
File: Capture.png (86KB, 929x609px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
86KB, 929x609px
>>80639049
I think there's a place where you would be more comfortable with....your kind.
>>
It was better than TFA.

Scenes will being going great and then shit like this >>80638794 happens constantly

A piece of stupid dialogue, cringey fan service or just run of the mill cliches that constantly drag it down

In all honesty, it's about the best you can expect from the franchise now, so i wasn't really disappointed in it.
>>
>>80639475
>shitty plot
So it's marginally better than any other SW movie?

>first half is boring and pointless
>not tied to the Jedis at all

Oh my god another man child. Why are the jedi so important to have a SW movie? They're by far the most childish idiotic thing about the entire canon. The only force user's that have ever been even semi watchable are Kenobi and Vader. ALL of the others are a massive waste of time and potential.

>shitty acting from some of the cast
As opposed to all of the cast from the rest of the movies?

>Shitty plot
>convenient plot in a prequel that takes place literally days before Episode 1

Sigh
>>
>>80638455
This was ok. The worst fan service moment involving vader was the whole 'don't choke on your aspirations'

Even got Vader making stupid quips now.
>>
File: 1489896681887m.jpg (45KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1489896681887m.jpg
45KB, 1024x576px
>>80639475
>the TFA
>the The Force Awakens
>>
they need better directors/writers for this shit
>>
File: Patrol Firefight.webm (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Patrol Firefight.webm
1MB, 480x360px
>>80639623
>happens constantly
You didn't watch the movie and a 15 second clip doesn't ruin a 3 minute action scene that was straight kino otherwise.
>>
>>80624340
that's ok maybe you'll make the team next year OP
>>
File: DuneGuildHutt.jpg (72KB, 729x798px) Image search: [Google]
DuneGuildHutt.jpg
72KB, 729x798px
>>80624340

Despite the ridiculous race baiting and undermining of the original Star Wars. It was probably the best film out of all the Star Wars movies produced.

I couldn't imagine any other actor being better suited than Forrest Whittaker for his role. There was a nice synergy between the characters which made this film a lot more energetic than any of the others.

Lucas is a complete hack(Dune), we never got any good stories from him, these new Disney films will be much better stories.
>>
>>80639030
Above a 5 means it had more good than bad which is impossible. A 4 is generous reddit
>>
because it was a solid story with a few memorable characters with actual stakes , the callbacks weren't obnoxious (outside the unnecessary C3PO and R2D2 cameo) and it wasn't overloaded with humor

aka everything TFA wasn't
>>
>>80624340
Old spacified German WW2 surplus and model Spaceships battling out in space.

It's gritty dirty, underground Star Wars again contrasted awesome space battles and Donnie Yen unironically thrown in as himself because some shit doesn't need explained.
>>
>>80639738
>So it's marginally better than any other SW movie?
No. I just said it's better than TFA. Of course they all have shitty plot

> Why are the jedi so important to have a SW movie?
Yeah, why would they? Because the whole reason the universe is different from Dune is the force users. Now please fuck off.

I only stress out the fact that it's better than TFA. Let me make this easier for you. Can we agree that horse tastes better than shit? It's the same with TFA and R1.

>>80639800
Oopsie, my bad. Didn't actually know the movie title was Star Wars: Force Awakens
>>
File: 10.png (2MB, 1058x802px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
2MB, 1058x802px
>>80639786
Vader has always been like that. He's always been condescending and cruel in an enjoyable way.
>>
>>80640047
No one take the bait please
>>
>>80639857
Like i said it's enjoyable for what it is but this stuff happens all the time
>>
File: PatrolTurret.webm (962KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
PatrolTurret.webm
962KB, 480x360px
>>80639857
>>
>>80639786
A P O L O G Y A C C E P T E D C A P T A I N N E E D A
>>
File: 3247347.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3247347.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
HOPE

DO YOU GET IT? I DON'T THINK WE HAVE REFERENCED A NEW HOPE TOO MANY TIMES? DO YOU GET THE THEM OF THE FILM YET?

HOPE
>>
>>80640047
oh please. I lost count of the bait-and-switch gunshots
>>
>>80640147
What's your favorite episodes of the Star Was Rebel series Trademarked and Copyrighted by George Lucas and purchased by Disney anon??!??

Seriously go watch your cartoons faggot, you'll get more Kike Wars in Ep8. Let people that actually enjoy solid story telling and space war kino have theirs, you've gotten like 8 fucking movies, 3 cartoons, and god knows how many video games dedicated to your faggotry and I'm sure you've digested all that content multiple times.
>>
>>80640188
>A P O L O G Y A C C E P T E D C A P T A I N N E E D A
That quote is 4chan, the double pun in Rogue One is Reddit.
>>
File: 1439143800523.jpg (168KB, 700x630px) Image search: [Google]
1439143800523.jpg
168KB, 700x630px
>>80640301
>Trademarked and Copyrighted
>>
>>80640047
this
>>
>>80639836
Nah. I honestly don't know what people expect from these films. They achieve what they set out to do.
>>
>>80639011
>bullseye navior

Overpowered Navior is more like it.
>>
5 > 4 > R1 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 7

what about you lads?
>>
>>80640301
The Rebels series started in 2014 so George had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>80640236
>Make references/symbolism/whatever obvious enough so idiots get it
HURR SO OBVIOUS REFERENCE HURR STUPID MOVIE

>Make references/symbolism/whatever not obvious enough, so idiots ignore them
HURR STUPID MOVIE SO POINTLESS, IT'S LITERALLY JUST TWO HOURS OF TALKING

I feel sorry for filmmakers.
>>
File: star-wars-saw-gerrera[1].png (214KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-saw-gerrera[1].png
214KB, 600x400px
>>80626340
LIES

DECEPTIONS
>>
>>80641620
5>4>6>7>>>>>3>R1>1>2
>>
>>80636325
There are priests of some weird ass force cult in the streets of jedha wearing some red ceremonial robes. This heavily implies that the imperial guards uniform took its design from them. Like KKK took it's clothing from sicilian catholics.
Rogue One is full with shit like that. This is why the world feels so deep and real.
Force awakens only seems to check boxes.
Xwings check
Tie fighters check
>>
>>80641620
I don't get why 6 is so highly rated. The wookies beating the stormtroopers and Han solo being retconned back to life ruined not just the movie but the entire series.

How the fuck do a bunch of trained soldiers get overwhelmed by a bunch of dancing cuddly teddy bears that can't even pull triggers. It's absurd.
>>
File: Mining accident.png (2MB, 1900x794px) Image search: [Google]
Mining accident.png
2MB, 1900x794px
just wanted to find some gold
>>
>>80643124
mary sue with no training? check
whiny ass daddy hating poor man's vader? check
SJW kikery? check
bigger, and even badder death star? check
>>
File: Anti Degenerate Laser.webm (1MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Anti Degenerate Laser.webm
1MB, 640x640px
>too young to colonize space
>planet overran by spics, niggers, and regressive fanaticism
>greed, corruption, decadence, pedophilia are normal
>planets natural resources being wasted on incompetent bureaucrats with no desire for innovation or exploration
>strongest bloodlines are continuously sacrificed for meaningless conflict
>I will never be apart of a galactic order dedicated to bringing justice, discipline, and common sense to the world and its galaxy
>I will never climb the ranks but executing enemies of the state
>I will never sit on an orbital platform with my bros and nuke degenerates

Just. End. My. Fucking. Pointless. Life.
>>
>>80643405
You can always do it, Anon.
>>
>>80625347
How comes no one points this out more often, I watched these movies in a row for the first time recently and this fact standed out to me as a massive flaw.
>>
>Star Wars: Marvel; The Movie

I think it was Marvel tier. As much as I it had annoying moments, didn't fit in thematically with the original trilogy and felt too unrealistic - it still wasn't a bad movie.
It was above avarage fanfiction
>>
>>80625347
That doesn't count and you know it. It gets destroyed in another movie.

>>80643605
It was fine the first two times they did it. When Lucas pottery'd the idea in Episode I with the droid shield station thing it was dumb. Then when Abrams made the Ultra Death Star it was massive cringe.
>>
>>80645437
>massive cringe

this is an 18+ site kid
>>
File: apu.png (366KB, 451x598px) Image search: [Google]
apu.png
366KB, 451x598px
>>80624340
>tfw you arent in the mobie very long
>>
File: 7175614[1].gif (448KB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
7175614[1].gif
448KB, 500x220px
>>80633045
Not to forget the complete lack of continuity with Episode IV: A New Hope. Remember this bitch dropped out the arse of a Rebel flag ship, that was attacking Star Destroyers and Vader almost slashed his way on board.

LEIA
Lord Vader, I should have known. Only you could be so bold. The Imperial Senate will not sit for this, when they hear you've attacked a diplomatic...

VADER
Don't play games with me, Your Highness. You weren't on any mercy mission this time. You passed directly through a restricted system. Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by Rebel spies. I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you.

LEIA
I don't know what you're talking about. I'm a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan...
>on a diplomatic mission

VADER
You're a part of the Rebel Alliance... and a traitor. Take her away!
>>
>>80646210
when will they finally learn
>>
>>80646286
You wanted her to be like "oh yeah, I am a rebel, please don't kill me"? Are you fucking retarded. It adds more depth to the conversation because now we both know the truth and are just kind of playing mind games with each other.
>>
>>80646429
It adds nothing we didn't already know, at the least it detracts little.
>>
>>80624340

watched this today

they all ded

wow why
>>
>>80646546
But that could be said of the entire movie. It wasn't meant to tell us new things, just enhance things we already know.0
>>
>>80646761
The movie was made to make money by copying what Marvel does in a Star Wars setting.
>>
>>80646429
Fuck her and Vader hasn't time for mind games. I want him not to stupidly say "you passed directly though a restricted system". The metal dickhead was staring at them fire up the engines after leaving docking clamps.

It should be something like "Foolish and futile of you to try to escape me. Wait, I'm sensing something, The Force, it's is strong in you, Guards take her to my room for interrogation."

Rogue one, continuity zero.
>>
>>80626537
You've been tricked by a tranny.
>>
>>80646908
>shitty "solve everything" fanfic
>tumblr
>cartoon

it all checks out
>>
>>80646908

the senate was still around, there was still a semblance that they were doing stuff within the law

just like they said "this station doesn't exist!"
>>
>>80647099
>Attacking Star Destroyers and fleeing Vader
>Senate stuff, within the law
Pick one.
>>
>>80647220

I'm saying vader lies about the illegal shit the empire is doing like it doesn't happen

reading comprehension sheesh
>>
>>80647220
there is something called proof or lack thereof
they were captured near tatooine, implying they evaded Vader at least for some time

Now this whole proof thing doesn't matter to Vader, but it does matter to a member of the Senate. Especially when they're backed into a corner with no other options.
>>
>>80647350
Yes to the senate maybe... but Vader has fuck all reason to lie to this whore. He just sliced his way through 10 of her crew and came within 1 red shirt of getting the data card (which might I add looks different in the next flick) before they released the clamps.

Completely ruined R1 and also ANH for me.
>>
>>80625450
>explaining even minor shit like the imperial guards uniform.

did they?
>>
>>80647450
Proof? He was a ball-hair away from boarding her ship, they then chased them all the way there. The wreckage of 2 Star Destoyers, a planetary shield generator and a smoldering crater on Scarif is more than enough proof of what these rebellious gypsy fucks were up to.

It's shitty writing.
>>
File: IMG_3945.jpg (87KB, 1200x972px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3945.jpg
87KB, 1200x972px
>>80624340

Because it was a good story. Instead of focusing on your political agenda, just watch the movie and see if you enjoy the story. Don't need to be a bitch about it.
>>
I just got done watching this movie. What a boring piece of shit.

Nothing happens in the first 1 hour and 30 minutes and I didn't care about any of the characters.
>>
>>80647933
Yeah, I can see you're too slow. Has Vader seen Leia blowing up the Star Destroyers? Has she ever been identified as a member of the Rebels?
We don't even see her in Rogue One until the very end of the movie. Vader was trailing a ship sure, but she can still claim that wasn't her. Vader was very sure of her guilt and of the fact that they had this information, he also went to great lengths to retrieve it. Seems like sound writing to me, sorry it doesn't conform to your personal fanfiction expectations.
>>
>>80648379
Well yes, he knows she's involved in their destruction. Go to the 2 hour mark and the Death Star drops out hypersleep, nuking the site from orbit. Promptly after "Vader will deal with the fleet" and he does by stopping a load of ships from escaping, arriving out of hyperspeed to Empire wreckage. It doesn't take much to work out what happened here... He then disables the Rebel's flag ship and boards it perfectly to the EXACT place some useless crew member had just downloaded the plans and tries to escape. A few force chokes and amputations later, he's tracked the card down to Tantive IV which he was one sealed door away from being on himself. Queue the shitty dialogue of ANH..

Did you even watch this shitty flick anon? You're probably best viewing the whole thing before commenting.
>>
>>80643166
kek, underrated.
>>
>>80648162
>BRRAAAAAPPPPPPfffffffffffffffffffffffffff
>You can smell that fart
>>
>>80624340
Just turn your brain off and it will be fun!
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.