[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I'm a Lost expert. In case you didn't quite understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 31

File: 1311538238652.jpg (27KB, 485x499px) Image search: [Google]
1311538238652.jpg
27KB, 485x499px
Hi, I'm a Lost expert. In case you didn't quite understand Lost, I can answer or clarify anything about the series.
>>
Who was in the canoe that shot at them?
>>
where did the polar bear come from
what was black smoke
why could the island time travel
>>
who killed the Ajira survivors
>>
why was the chinaman a ghostbuster?
>>
>Anne Erin !W1MmioNU0A

! BEWARE !
! DANGEROUS PEDOPHILE !

http://archive.foolz.us/tv/thread/23212937/#23213836
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S47148224#p47148635
http://archive.foolz.us/tv/thread/23212937/#23213984

! BEWARE !
! DANGEROUS PEDOPHILE !
>>
What was the 4 toed statue about?
Was it just another case of throwing weird shit in to distract viewers from the emptiness of the show?
>>
About those minor mysteries...can you list the ones that were actually explained and most people believe that they haven't?

I know its a broad and vague question, but I think you know what I mean...
>>
Why Pink Floyd is so overrated?
Was that annoying faggot Jacob supposed to be a good guy?
>>
What's the deal with Walt?
>>
>>80607859
Why don't these links work
Nice pasta though dummy
>>
>>80607819
This is a plot hole. The writers intended to answer this later in season 5, but realised too late that the timelines wouldn't make sense. In all likelihood it was probably Ilana and Bram and co transporting Locke's body, since the campsite looked 2007esque.
>>80607825
The Polar Bears were a genetic research experiment by Dharma. They were trained in the cages Sawyer and Kate were kept in in season 3, and used to turn the Donkey Wheel under the Orchid Station, hence why there was a polar bear skeleton in Tunisia.

The Black Smoke was Jacob's brother. On being exposed to The Source, he had his light extinguished, which in the Lost mythology is a metaphor for your soul. Basically he was a shadow of Jacob's Brother.

The Island could time travel because the source (which appears to play a role in the time travel) transcends time and space and can transport people with it. It's also why the Island's physical location moves.
>>80607855
Miles, like Hurley and Desmond and Walt, had a communion with the source that gave them particular abilities, such as communicating with whatever parts of their light that remained on earth. He used this ability for commercial gain by preying on grief stricken people.
>>80607890
The 4 toed statue was the remenant of a statue of Tawaret that was destroyed by the tidal wave that brough the Black Rock to the Island. It's consistent with the Egyptian themes on many of the ancient Island locations and suggests that at one point the Island had Egyptian inhabitants.
>>80607891
sure but let me post this first
>>
>>80607772
Why didn't Kate transport into my shower and wash my balls?
>>
Why did jack ask Ana Lucia how long it would take to train an army of bees?
>>
currently on S4 now, time travel has just started

s1 and s2 were the best ones, but so far i'm still liking the show
>>
>How did Charlie know it wasn't Penny's boat
>What's up with Desmond? How did he know to bring everyone together in the season finale to finally "move on" after death?
>What was the deal with Penny's father and his motives?
>>
>>80608144

>How did Charlie know it wasn't Penny's boat

In the radio call he asks about her freighter and she says she isn't on one

>What was the deal with Penny's father and his motives?

He was an Other in the past that was exiled from the island by Ben and unable to get back there, so he was trying to get revenge and get back any way he could
>>
>>80607772
What did Kate's hole smell like mid season 2?
>>
>>80607891
Many of the "mysteries" aren't expressly addressed in the series, but it's hard to tell what was meant to be a mystery and what was meant to just be an unimportant detail. Like in that '70s Show it's never explained who builds the house the family lives in, but who cares? It's not relevant to anything. So something like the numbers appearing in strange places, it's impossible to tell where that's deliberate and where it's pure coincidence. Clearly the Swan numbers being the same as the candidate numbers is a significant use of them. But two of the numbers being in the Oceanic flight number? Who can say?

I would say "mysteries" that are impossible to conclusively answer one way or the other based on the material in the show alone include why the man in black seems to reproduce certain sounds consistently, why only certain passengers on Ajira 315 were transported to 1977, who the shooters in the outrigger were, and precisely why the 6 numbers recur so frequently in the series despite all probability. I can certainly speculate on probable answers to these, particularly the Ajira one, but there's no way to link two or three scenes in the series together in a way that determines the matter with any finality.
>>80608099
Time travel doesn't start until season 5, unless you're talking about the flashforwards, which are just a narrative device.
>>80608144
If Penny's not on a boat, contrary to what Naomi told them, then the freighter can't be Penny's boat

Desmond has had communion with the source since he was exposed to a large amount of its radiation in the season 2 finale. Among other things, he was able to see through time. Since he was one of the first to remember his past life, it's not a stretch to use these facts to make the logical leap that he just knew what to do.

Charles Widmore was a former leader of the island who was exiled for an unspecified crime. He wanted to get back to the Island, and take revenge on Ben, who got him exiled.
>>
>>80607772
who was phone?
>>
>>80608318
why do you keep ignoring my question, Jackface?
>>
What's your username on Lostpedia and I'll tell you if you are an expert or not.
>>
>>80607772
Aren't you that faggot from /pol/? Get lost pedo
>>
>>80608342
this one >>80607852 ?

Didn't see it, sorry. It was the MIB.
>>80608354
Don't have one. Or if I did, I haven't used it since like 2009/10
>>
>>80608318
So was Hurley, Ben, and Walt the only survivors by the very end of Lost? I don't remember if they were in the church or not
>>
>>80607772
genuinely curious here and I hope you will deliver:
Can you give a brief synopsis of the whole thing?
>>
>>80607772
If the government officials told Sayid that Nadia was alive before he boarded Flight 815, why did he then tell Danielle Rousseau that Nadia was dead? ("Solitary") ("Live Together, Die Alone, Part 1")
>>
>>80608453
There's a guy named Jacob who lives on an Island with his brother, the MIB. Jacob is tasked with protecting the Heart of the Island, which is the source of a light inside every person that represents the goodness of humanity. MIB wants to destroy the source since he can't leave the Island while it's intact. Therefore he wants to kill Jacob but their adopted mother, when she was the protector of the heart, made it so the two can't hurt each other. Therefore the MIB has to manipulate people into killing Jacob for him. Jacob constantly brings people to the Island since he is fascinated by humanity and progress and the good in people. MIB exploits them and tries to get them to kill Jacob. The six seasons of LOST follows the lives of a series of people Jacob considers to be potential replacements for him, and the MIB's efforts to convince them to kill Jacob. Season 6 deals with the aftermath of the MIB successfully convincing someone to kill Jacob.
>>80608445
The Church is outside of time. Jack dies in 2007 and Kate dies in like 2050 or whatever, but they all get to the church at the same time.

But no, as of the epilogue, more characters than just Hurley, Ben and Walt are alive, although they are the only ones still residing on the Island.
>>
>>80608592
He could have been trying to attract her sympathies after learning about Alex, so that she would let him go.
>>
>>80608600
hhahahah wtf for real?!
I saw a few episodes here and there randomly on TV. Would never ever have guessed it would be something like that.

Worth giving it a try?
>>
>>80608639

Part of the fun (and madness) is discovering this for yourself, but now it's spoiled for you so I dunno
>>
>>80608639
90% of that post isn't information you couldn't know until the third last episode of the show. The other 120 episodes deals with the lives of the replacements.

Yes, it's worth watching. The drama and the storytelling and the setting and the music and the intriguing mysteries is second to none. Lost is the only tv show that can actually move me to tears, you will become very attached to the characters and care about what happens to them, I promise.

The dialogue and the acting are perhaps the only shortfalls compared to the other story elements, but they're not bad by any stretch, just average.
>>
>>80608718
you have convinced me, thank you.
>>
>>80608718
>isn't
*is
>>80608676
Yeah, this. But in the first place lost was kind of event television. I started watching it over the season 3 break so I watched everything from season 4 onwards live. Part of the thrill was genuinely not knowing what was going to happen and not being able to google it. HOWEVER I've convinced many friends to watch lost since it finished and they enjoyed it regardless, so it's absolutely still worth doing. Just resist the urge to look up explanations until you're completely finished.
>>
File: 2epnjns.gif (1MB, 619x300px) Image search: [Google]
2epnjns.gif
1MB, 619x300px
>>80607772
was it really the Black Smoke exploding the turbine? if not, what was that thing flying over it?
>>
>>80608855
VFX error
>>
What happened to Walt after season 1?
>>
Why did Claire's vagina made Kate remember?
>>
>>80608966
He was examined and experimented on by the others, back when the writers treated Ben's faction and Dogen's faction as one and the same and the others knew things about the light and powers and stuff.

I assume you know what happened after that because it's shown on screen.
>>80609042
Aaron was an important part of Kate's life so the memory of delivering him on the island was probably a powerful memory trigger.
>>
File: photo-bluelight-dharmamap.jpg (281KB, 1000x756px) Image search: [Google]
photo-bluelight-dharmamap.jpg
281KB, 1000x756px
>>80608884
What was the button and timer in the hatch for? Maintaining the light of the island? Also explain pic related
>>
holy shit most of the things in this thread were explained the show, seriously there was an entire episode devoted to this >>80609164
I bet you idiots were the ones who hated the ending, yeah cause you weren't fucking paying attention the whole show
>>
>>80607772
>>80607993
>>80608776
>>80609067

Why do any of these explanations even matter if in the end it was all just some kind of purgatory dream being fulfilled in the mind(s) of one or all of the people in the church at the end and had no real purpose or reason?
>>
>>80609164
Radzinsky drilled too deep and popped a hole in the "cork" that kept the light and the dark contained. That manifested as electromagnetism. The Swan station was explained several times as being a dam that kept the energy at bay that needed to be drained ocasionally (every 108 minutes) to stop it from overflowing. It's a crude analogy, but basically you can infer that DHARMA poured a shitload of concrete over the hole, and then used their existing knowledge of the island's exotic properties to redirect the energy to a safer location. This therefore needed to be done periodically. Presumably it was automated at first, but then it became a psychological experiment for observers at the Pearl to partake in.

Radzinsky drew a map of the approximate locations of the different stations on the island after the purge happened in case he needed to get from the Swan to somewhere else. This was especially useful after Kelvin Inman joined him.

Also I agree with >>80609291
>>
>>80609352
Because that's not what happened in the last episode.
>>
>>80609352
none of what you said is true.
>>
>>80609401
>>80609417
That's literally what happened, I just binged watch the last Ep.
>>
Was Vincent a candidate?
>>
>>80607819
ilana & co
>>
>>80609458
Christian literally spells it out for you so that it's impossible to misunderstand unless you're an idiot - you're real, I'm real, everything that ever happened to you is real.
>>
File: 1488262759435.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488262759435.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
>>80609359
I get the map was Dharma stations but was the "?" a station as well or the heart of the island?

>>80609291
This show ended 7 fucking years ago, anon. How do you expect people to remember these type of details?
>>
>>80609557
The ? station is the pearl station. It's connected to the swan because it's a monitoring station for that station.
>>
Since Christian's coffin is empty, where is his body? ("White Rabbit")
>>
>>80609715
We don't know. See >>80608318, it's not really important though. I could make some educated guesses.

The MIB took the body to play mind games with Jack? It flew out of the coffin while it was falling from the plane? A polar got the coffin open at some point, stole the meat inside, and the lid closed at some future point?
>>
How can you watch this without getting emotional? Seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL26K6T3IOw
>>
Fuck I loved this show. What was the greatest holy shit Lost moment to view live when it aired? My vote is either:

- The opening scene of season 2 where we discovered Desmond was inside the hatch or
- The very end of season 3 with the first flash-forward "WE HAVE TO GO BACK!"

Best episode is "The Constant". Seasons ranked 1 > 2 > 5 > 4 > 3 >6. The 2nd half of season 3 was great, but the beginning suffered due to the WGA writer's strike.
>>
>>80609919
Season 4 was the one affected by the writer's strike actually. Don't know what they were thinking with that first part of 3 but it was wholly intentional on the writers part
>>
>>80609919
The ending of Pilot Part 2 is mad underrated for shock value. I tell people to watch up to episode 11, because they'll have seen the stuff with Ethan Rom and the hatch and Danielle by that stage and there's enough intrigue to keep them going. But really just the second episode should be enough to hook someone.
>If the count is right, it's been playing for 16 years
>Guys... where are we?
>L O S T

Also the writers strike affected season 4, no?
>>
OP are you watching the Leftovers?!?!
>>
>>80609881
this clip proves that this anon >>80609352 is right
>>
>>80610104
>>80609505
>>
>>80609919
>>80610018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyGAhJ971No
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45If9L0MxDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9ybaLbpQ-4
Just gonna leave these here
>>
>>80609989
>>80610018

Well fuck me, I remembered that wrong. Season 3 had a lengthy gap for some other reason in between the first part of the season and the rest. When it came back from break, it was great.

I forgot about some of the season 1 shocks being so great. Finding out about Ethan not being on the manifest creeped me the fuck out.
>>
>>80610174
And I'll balance it out with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qODZ2q_nwCo
>>
>>80607772
Why was there an entire episode about Jacob and the black guy in men and their not mom? Why was it so dreadfully awful? What was the point of any of it? What happened to Henry Gale?
>>
>>80610104
To this day I still don't get how people manage to think that the island is a purgatory when the show literally tells you it's not.
>>
>>80610250
Jacob and MIB are more relevant to the main cast. The Mother would be more relevant for explaining mysteries since she'd been on the island for an unknown period of time and clearly had lots of knowledge. I guess most of her story could be inferred though. She was both the protector and the smoke monster, and worked very hard to keep the source secure and was mistrustful of the evil in humanity
>>
File: Ryan_Bradford.jpg (15KB, 523x349px) Image search: [Google]
Ryan_Bradford.jpg
15KB, 523x349px
>>80610250
I want to fuck him
>>
>>80607772
Where did the horse come from?

Why did Jacob met with a loli Kate?? (I mean I understand Jacob "chasing" the ones in the island, but not point in chasing them so young)

What does the red mustang means?

What does the number means?

Why is Desmond the one that can only jump between flashbacks and flashforwards??

Why and who drop the food from the sky??

I was about to ask the Canoe, but yeah it seems to be the most common plothole, I'm glad it was the first question
>>
File: rose-bernard.jpg (34KB, 770x435px) Image search: [Google]
rose-bernard.jpg
34KB, 770x435px
>>80607772
>why didn't sayid get banished to the island but Michael did for doing like nothing?
>why weren't Bernard and Rose at the church at the end and why were they the absolute best characters and couple?
I already know the answer, but I want you to prove your expertise
>why did jin and sun both just agree to die together and no one recommended jin go raise his daughter?
>why did sayid and Claire be evil and then not be evil?
>why was the final season so bad?
>why was the flight attendant who took care of the kids best girl?
>>
File: Durn, I'm durn.jpg (160KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Durn, I'm durn.jpg
160KB, 683x1024px
>>80607772
Explain this meme
>>
>>80607772
Were they dead all along?
>>
>>80608600
>Jack dies in 2007 and Kate dies in like 2050 or whatever, but they all get to the church at the same time.
Thanks for explaining that, most /tv/ doesn't even get that even when Christian tells Jack "Some died with you, some way after you"
>>
>>80607772
how do you like westworld so far?
>>
>>80607772
why it is so shit
>>
>>80610456
Yes. In the crash. Sayid brought it down.
>>
>>80610250
>What happened to Henry Gale?

>>80610385
MIB fucking with Kate. Why? Part of the bigger picture plan to get the survivors to kill Jacob.

He touched them at important moments in their lives - Sawyer at his parents funeral, Jack after the tense surgery, Sun and Jin's wedding, and so on. He touched Kate after she committed her first crime and taught her she can get away with it.

What do you mean? Like symbolically? It's a bonding thing between Hurley and Cheech.

Not answered in the show. The Lost extended universe tells us they're the constant terms in an equation that tells you when the world ends. Dharma was trying to change the values of that equation. Hence it is natural that they would use those numbers in their infrastructure. It's probably more than a coincidence that they're also Jacob's surviving candidate numbers, but it's just coincidence everywhere else they recur, such as the lottery.
He probably isn't. But he has communion with the light like Hurley and Walt and Miles and we know the light transcends time and space.
That's explained in the epilogue, there's a dharma outpost in Guam that arranges them.
>>80610416
Because it's about the conscience of the decedent, not their wrongdoing. Michael wasn't ready to move on because he had unresolved issues. Sayid was ready to move on because his soul had already left.
The church was for the most important people in each other's lives. They were all important to one another. I guess Bernard and Rose weren't too affected by the other survivors to need them in purgatory.
Fucking good question, I don't know and it pisses me off. Just selfish if you ask me.
Clare was just nuts from losing her baby and living in the jungle under the MIB's influence for years. Sayid lost his light when he was revived.
Because what the show wanted to do and what you wanted from it were different things.
Because she's a qtpa2t
>>
>>80610418
I can't, nobody can, fuck off Sartre.
>>80610456
No
>>80610481
nw
>>80610492
Haven't seen it
>>80610548
It's not
>>80610571
This is a lie
>>
Explain Christian at the end.
>>
>>80610056
OP ANSWER

Does it tie into the mythology of LOST?
>>
>>80610665
What do you mean?
>>80610674
I'm not, I don't even know what that is.
>>
>>80610577
>Bernard and rose weren't important in Jack's life
>rose the first person he talks to and later helps on the beach and receives hope from
>sayids terrorist wife is important enough in their lives to be at the church
Nigga be cryin about Shannon
>>
>>80610686
The final scene with him and Jack.
>>
What do you think about the creator of the show saying that one day LOST might come back? He said that the property is too big to end with one series

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/lost-creator-damon-lindelof-the-leftovers-jj-abrams-star-wars-force-awakens-a7541106.html
>>
>>80610597
>Haven't seen it
I suggest you wait and marathon it before s2 airs in 2018. Might not look like it but westwood has tons in common with lost some think it could bridge universes.
>>
>>80607772
Why didn't we get a scene of Russo, Alex, and Ben remembering the island in the flash sideways? That's all I wanted to see. Well also it's bologna how we never learned the full story of the chick in the mental institute with Hurley
>>
>>80610702
Yeah, what do you want explained? Christian does a good job of explaining it anyway.
>>80610695
Yep
>>80610717
Can't wait, I loved the leaked character biographies.
>Miles Straume
>Miles Straume was born on the island as a part of the Dharma Initiative in 1977. Because as a baby he was touched by a future verson of himself, he was granted "special" status by the Island, and is able to hear the thoughts of the dead. He first arrived on the island as a member of Widmore's freighter team (S04E02, "Confirmed Dead"), but returned in 2012 on Unlimited Airlines flight 481 (S07E01, "...Or is it?"). In ALT6, Miles became the sixth Protector rather than Hurley, and he uses his position to exploit the island for money and fame (S08E04, "Islandland"). In the original timeline, Miles briefly served as Protector while Hugo Reyes and Ben Linus were trapped in 40000BC.
>>
>>80607993
>This is a plot hole
At least you're not going to make up excuses for everything that doesn't make sense.
>>
>>80610416
>>80610577
>>80610695
but Rose and Bernard were in the church at the end...
>>
File: 1353803706907.gif (996KB, 245x168px) Image search: [Google]
1353803706907.gif
996KB, 245x168px
Greatest show of all time
>>
>>80610935
I FUCKEN KNEW IT

But nooo I didn't bother double checking a picture of the church, I just trusted that anon wouldn't ask a trick question.
>>
>>80610686
how the fuck don't you know The Leftovers?
It's the best tv show of the moment, stop watching anything you are watching and start it right now.
>>
>>80610686
It's Damon Lindelof's HBO show. It is a spiritual succesor of LOST. The first season doesn't have a strong start but starts picking up halfway through. Season 2 is a fucking masterpiece and is the best work Lindelof has ever done. The third and final season is premiering in the next month or so.

Seriously watch it. It will feel like season 7 of LOST. It's really underrated and almost got canceled but needs more love.
>>
>>80610935
Pic or you're lying. They are not.
>>
>>80607946
Walt is an unknown character they chose not to explore because the kid grew too fast and they ran out of time.

The closest fan theory to the truth probably is:

Walt has some influence/control over electromagnetic fields. This is why the bird runs into the window because migrating birds use magnetic fields for navigation. Walt may be able to be in two places much like the bunnies in the Orchid orientation film.
Walt's control over electromagnetic fields allows him to transport both his mind and his image between time periods. He must use a constant to do this. Several constants still exist on the Island for Walt. The most obvious one is Vincent - which explains why he appeared to Shannon, who was caring for Vincent. However, his connection to Locke also allowed him to appear to Locke as well.
When he appeared to Shannon (before she died), he seemed to be frantic, trying to warn Shannon of her death. He was still going back in time when he was talking to Shannon which explains why he was talking backwards.

(e.g.) in the Missing Pieces on Season 5 DVD, there is a pile of dead birds outside the window to Room 23 when Walt is in it. Room 23 is on Hydra Island.
>>
File: lost-church.jpg (38KB, 707x350px) Image search: [Google]
lost-church.jpg
38KB, 707x350px
>>80611190
>>
File: Bernardrosechurch.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bernardrosechurch.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>80611190
>>
>>80611224
Walt can manipulate the light like the other special characters. Ben describes it as a communion with the island when talking to Locke.

You can't really take it much further than that without straying too far into speculative territory though.
>>
>>80610717
No, please god no.

Let LOST die, let it be remembered for what it was. We don't need a spinoff or some garbage that will just ruin it. A remake / reboot would be awful. LOST is perfect...
>>
File: 2zhefdx.gif (1MB, 280x158px) Image search: [Google]
2zhefdx.gif
1MB, 280x158px
>>80610958
>>
>>80610831
Wait there are leaked biographies? Can I get sauce on more?
>>
>>80611230
>>80611227
Nice doctored photos fags.
No I stand corrected. I don't know why I so adamantly remember them not being there. Like it really bothered me that they weren't hence why I brought it up
>>
>>80611439
He's shitposting, there's no plan for a reboot right now, Lindeloff just says he's open for other interested parties to continue the story / do something with it in the future.
>>
>>80611439
Yeah, you've never read them before?
>Frank J. Lapidus
>Frank Lapidus served as the first Ferryman to the island (2004-2016). The role was given its title by Hurley in the Lapidus-centric S07E02, "Fallen Angels". According to Hurley, Lapidus's job as Ferryman is to bring people to and from the island, and he is granted the abilities of the Smoke Monster to use in his duties to the island. Lapidus is the only bearer of the Smoke Monster powers who has never used the ability to take the form of the dead. He willingly passed the powers on to Walt Lloyd in the season ten finale, "Don't Trust the Judge", and was killed shortly thereafter by the first Keamy clone.
>>
>>80611483
It bothered me that Michael wasn't there
>>
David Shephard (aka "The Bastard") is the son of Jack Shepard in ALT2, and doesn't exist in any other timeline. When he is discovered by ALT2 Dogen to be an anomaly, he is kidnapped and taken to the Island. After years of being studied by the second Dharma Initiative, he develops the ability to project his consciousness through other people in different timelines (S09E09, "Namaste No More"). He escapes on an outrigger but is killed in a confrontation with a time-travelling James Ford (S10E01, "Candidacy, Part One"). As he dies, his last act is to project his consciousness to visit ALT1 Hugo Reyes and urge him toward his eventual role as Protector (S02E18, "Dave").

God, I can't wait for more LOST!
>>
>Achara
The strange woman who seemed to be able to see exactly who a person truly was first appeared in S03E09 "Stranger In A Strange Land". As of S08E04 she has become the new main character, and nearly every episode is centralized on her and her life as a tattoo artist.
>>
Why the nigger coke plane got attracted by the island?
>>
>>80611651
Where are you copy pasting this from? Seems like an old shitpost or something, but I don't recognize it.
>>
>>80611803
http://4chandata.org/tv/Frank-J-LapidusFrank-Lapidus-served-as-the-first-Ferryman-to-the-island-2004-2016-The-role-was-given-its-title-by-Hurley-in-the-La-a128330

2012. Not that old.
>>
>>80611659
*Heroin

And it was couriering yemi's body, among other things, so eko finding it is important to jacob's plan for human goodness and what not, as well as mib's plan for manipulating people into killing jacob.

unfortunately adewale left after season 3 and the writers merged eko with locke, so it's hard to say exactly what eko's larger role was. but it was important that he find yemi's body on the island.
>>
>>80611891
I'm still mad he left the show. I understand, he lost a family member or something, but come the fuck on. His character was so interesting and it felt like he was going to play a major role in the rest of the series. At least they managed to find a good way to write his character out of the show, so it wasn't a complete disaster.
>>
Why is boone the best character?

;_;
>>
>>80612038
I don't care for Boone
>>
>>80607772
Why was everyone asking Ben who the inside man on the boat was throughout season 4?
>>
>>80612095
that was so weird. it stuck out to me when I rewatched the show
>>
>>80612095
Because Ben told them he had an inside man on the boat.
>>
What exactly was Ben's deal? He saw his mother on the Island, so he was "special," but why did Jacob have such a disdain for him? Was he ever really getting orders from Jacob? I think these were answered in the show but I can't remember.

Also, why did Ben bring John to the cabin in the first place? Did he even know what MIB was at that point, or did he actually think Jacob lived there, since I assume he had never actually met jacob and Richard relayed whatever Jacobs orders were to Ben.

Did Jacob want to die? He didn't even try to defend himself from Ben. Seems like so much plot could have been avoided by Jacob just being a bigger person instead of a petty asshat.
>>
How did that big ol ship get in the middle of the forest?
>>
>>80612168
>He saw his mother on the Island, so he was "special,"
no that was the mib manipulating him from childhood. It paid dividends too.
>Was he ever really getting orders from Jacob?
Yeah sort of, via richard though.
>Also, why did Ben bring John to the cabin in the first place?
He was pissed that locke had a stronger connection with the island than he did and wanted to seem important. He says as much later in the episode before he shoots him and leaves him the dharma grave.
>Did he even know what MIB was at that point, or did he actually think Jacob lived there, since I assume he had never actually met jacob and Richard relayed whatever Jacobs orders were to Ben
No, no and yes.
>Did Jacob want to die?
He didn't want to do the job anymore, but I don't think he actually thought ben would kill him.
>Seems like so much plot could have been avoided by Jacob just being a bigger person instead of a petty asshat.
Well you try living jacob's life for 2000 years and see how you feel when the 100th schmuck comes along who blames you for their shit life being ruined by the MIB.
>>80612216
Finish watching the show.
>>
How could Desmond survive to great blasts of electromagnetism? ("Live Together, Die Alone, Part 2") ("Happily Ever After")

That was some bullshit
>>
>>80612139
It doesn't make sense. There is nothing to indicate that anyone besides Ben might know who it is so then what is the point of the question? Like Ben probably had a thousand connections and if he were to name anyone other than Michael it would have been a pointless exchange. The writer solely put it in there for a shitty reveal.
>>
>>80612216
Literally explained in the show, it's even fucking shown. Tsunami washes the Black Rock into the Island and demolishes the statue.
>>
what were the whispers?
>>
>>80607772
Legit question never answered

Why do bad things happen to the people involved with the Numbers?
>>
>>80612260
Communion with the island a la hurley, miles and walt
>>80612297
The remaining light of people in between life and purgatory who can't move on because they have unfinished business on earth. Michael says it.
>>80612318
They don't, Hurley and Leonard and Sam are just nuts.
>>
jack knows sayids relationship with nadia yet he projects sayid with light sticks in the after life

you cant explain this

except for maggie grace finale nostalgia
>>
>>80612347
thanks i forgot he said that
also are all the times we see dead people or walt speaking backwards MIB?
>>
>>80612285
I don't understand your question? I just rewatched the end of Confirmed Dead to doublecheck the exchange went as I remembered it.

Ben tells the group info about Charlotte to cover ass. Locke asks him how he knows that info. Ben volunteers that he has a man on the boat. If you're wondering why tell them that instead of saying because I have a million connections:
1. He's at gunpoint and probably desperate for his life
2. He needs to tell them some specific information, but not so much that the group knows everything and he loses his value as a hostage.

What's weird about this?
>>80612514
It's not his projection, it's a shared experience of purgatory.
>>80612530
Depends on the moment. Some Walt appearances are MIB, some are Walt "being where he's not supposed to be", to quote Ms. Klugh (i.e. him astral projecting)
>>
>>80607772

Why is the sky blue?
Why is water wet?
Why did Judas get the Romans while Jesus slept?
>>
>>80607772

>it's a Jack performs an appendectomy on himself episode.
>>
>>80612633
the sky isn't blue
judas and jesus never existed
>>
>>80612592
the advancement to the afterlife in the church is from jacks perspective. everything before that in the sideways is purgatory. sayid spent the sideways with nadya yet he advance with shannon
>>
someone explain the numbers, but like.. actually explain them. Not like some Aspergers youtuber.
>>
Why does the monster make mechanical sounds
>>
I forget, why does Richard not age?
>>
What's with the durn meme?
>>
Explain jacobs cabin

Chck & m8 lostfag
>>
Why is every POC undone by hubris stemming from their particular stereotypical ethnic traits?
>>
Whats up with the circle that one dude made in that one episode to protect himself against the black smoke shit?
>>
>>80612776
I don't think thats right but it's a plausible reading of it I guess?

In that case it makes sense for sayid to be with shannon bc thats who jack kne whim to be with at the most important time in his life (post island jack-sayid was not important)
>>80612907
The only question that literally stumps me. I can't even speculate without reaaaally stretching. The monster minics sounds. How? Why? We know it can steal people's memories by scanning them. Does that have something to do with it?
>>
>>80612997

Evil spirits and demons can be held off by symbolic gestures, that's just spooky movie 101 stuff
>>
>>80612934
Jacob doesnt age and obviously can assign parts of the duties and powers of the protector to candidates.
>>80612997
Smoke monster can't harm jacob. Therefore he cant cross jacob's ashes.
>>80612957
Horace's cabin, exploited by mib to manipulate people. It's just a projection it dont really exist
>>
>>80613090
What was the deal with the sickness
>>
>>80612879
Can't be done
>>
>>80613148
>Jacob doesnt age
But why
>>
>>80613161
Which sickness? The pregnancy one or the sayid darkness one or the mib mind control one?
>>
>>80613186
Because he's tasked with protecting the source and as long as the source exists he has to live. It's why mib became mortal after the source was uncorked, and why only a candidate could kill jacob
>>
>>80612997
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MCGf-2HpNI
>>
>>80613196
>the mib mind control one
You mean sayid killing people? He didnt seem lije was being cobtrolled and dogen said it was the sickness

And how come claire didnt die from having the baby
>>
>>80607993
Why was there a dinosaur? Why did sharks have the Dharma Initiative logo on them?
Show me one real four towed Egyptian statue and I will accept the Egyptian thing.
>>
>>80608600

Why did Alison Janey kill MiB/Jacob's mom?
>>
>>80614036
She hates people and thinks they're corrupted. It's where mib gets his they come, they drstroy line from.
She didnt kill the babies because she thought she could raise them purely. Ironically they wound up proving her point.
>>80613773
There was no dinosaur. The hydra station, among other creatures, housed sharks in the awuarium they held jack at. You'll just have to take my word on the egyotian thing.
>>80613646
Sayid lost his "light" when they briught him back from the dead. That was his sickness. But the french team also had a sickness where they grew paranoid and killed each other and danielle was the sole survivor.
>>
Why did MiB only assume the identity of dead people, except Walt for some reason. Also, why did he use Walt's likeliness to manipulate Locke? Walt and Locke weren't even very close. Why not use his dad?

Also, why did the smoke alarm go off in that one Jack episode?
>>
>>80612592
He's talking about why everyone kept asking WHO Ben's man was. If Ben said he had a man on the boat, it wouldn't be my first assumption that his man on the boat is someone I know, therefore it wouldn't be my first question to ask WHO it was. But every character kept asking who, which told the audience that it was a character that we would know. It was bad writing, that's all.
>>
>>80607772
Aren't you typically a shitposter? Why are you actually making a legitimate thread?
>>
>>80612592
There's a scene in an episode where Hurley and a few other survivors are badgering Ben to tell them who his contact is. I'm saying that it doesn't make sense for the survivors to ask that question because if they were to get an answer it would be a worthless piece of information unless they previously have met the faceless nameless inside man on the boat which from their perspective should be completely implausible. I'm asking why the answer to the question who is the inside man on Ben's boat is worth having? Surely you can acknowledge that the only reason that question is raised is to introduce Walt back into the show and not because it is a rationale thing for one of the survivors to ask.
>>
>>80614993
It's probably some sort of symbolic thing. Like the mib was created by having his soul ripped from him, so I guess he can only impersonate people who also don't have souls, i.e. dead people. I retract my earlier statement about Walt appearances being MIB, I wasn't thinking - to my knowledge, no walt appearance on lost was ever mib.
>Also, why did the smoke alarm go off in that one Jack episode?
According to lostpedia, it was a low-battery warning alarm.
>>80615132
Could be information they want to extort the freighter. Not useful telling them they have a spy - useful to know who the spy is. Plus by season 4 Locke knew a lot of Others from his time with them in season 3, as does Sawyer, so it could be the off chance he's familiar with Ben's guy.
>>80615156
I take Lost very seriously.
>>
>>80615246
So then how do you explain the Walt appearances? They're clearly MiB since they're used to manipulate characters.

Also, the significance of the smoke alarm is what I'm curious about. Other than a shitty tactic to make us think the smoke monster has somehow made it off the island when it's actually just nothing at all.
>>
>>80615236
>worthless piece of information
I can think of a lot of uses for that information. From their point of view, they could contact the freighter and negotiate certain deals in exchange for giving up the spy. Alternatively, they could get in touch with the freighter and talk to the spy to get information that *they* want about the freighty's intentions.
>>80615319
Ms. Klugh connotes very clearly that Walt can astral project when she's interrogating Michael at the end of season 2.
>>
>>80614285
>Sayid lost his "light" when they briught him back from the dead. That was his sickness.

Light? what kind of bullshit is that

>But the french team also had a sickness where they grew paranoid and killed each other and danielle was the sole survivor.
Same sickness acordding to the others claire also got sick
>>
>>80615319
Oh, and as for the significance, it was just something to draw Jack out into the lobby. Smoke as a motif is definitely a thing though, so it's fitting it was a smoke alarm rather than a fridge someone left open or something.

If you thought for a second that the smoke alarm went off because of the smoke monster that's your weird read of that scene, and nobody else's.
>>80615404
The Mother says in the third last episode that the heart of the island is the source of a light that exists inside of all people, representing goodness. It's essentially a metaphor for the soul. Sayid lost his light (iirc Dogen says that he has a "darkness" inside of him) when he was brought back to life.

Claire and the french team had the paranoia sickness (PS). Sayid had the darkness sickness (DS) which made him more vulnerable to the PS, which comes from the smoke monster. They're different, though related.
>>
File: bees.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bees.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>80608062
>Bees?
>>
>>80615356
>Ms. Klugh connotes very clearly that Walt can astral project when she's interrogating Michael at the end of season 2.

Show me a quote please. I don't recall her saying anything other than how "special" Walt is. Also, why is he dripping wet when he visit's Shannon (this is 6 episodes after he was on the raft) and why is he taller and older when he appears to Locke? And why does he tell Locke to kill Naomi? How would Walt know anything about what's going on on the Island? As far as I'm aware, he just can just polar bears come out of comics (which is pretty weak since the polar bears were already on the Island).

Just admit having Walt appear is a plot hole OR MiB's ability to take on other's appearance just isn't consistent.
>>
>>80615493
>show about smoke monster
>specifically show a smoke alarm going off (battery low, whatever)

Thinking the two are related is not a stretch at all, and is EXACTLY what the writers intended.
>>
>remember a time when /tv/ was infatuated with Lost but I always thought it was "MUH MYSTUREE" nonsense that was leading nowhere
>the board name changed for the finale
>the finale went nowhere and went with a cop out ending of religious ambiguity, kinda like X-Files
>rarely see Lost threads anymore

I don't blame you faggots for being butthurt, it really was a kick in the balls ending
>>
>>80615583
It's not like the show didn't wrap up all the loose ends though. Jack saves the island, MiB is killed, Ben is forgiven, etc. The ending wasn't a cop out at all, it felt like closure to me. I loved it.
>>
>>80615540
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Three_Minutes_transcript
>MS. KLUGH: Did Walt ever appear in a place he wasn't supposed to be? You say he was half way around the world -- did you see him?

Walt's powers are as consistent as hurley's or miles's or desmond's. They all have a similar explanation.
>why is he dripping wet
I don't know. Is it important? Maybe he was wet at the time, or maybe he was foreshadowing that it would be raining when Shannon dies and that she should be quiet when that happens next.
>why does he tell locke to kill naomi
I doubt that he did, it's not shown what happens.
>how would walt know what's going on with the island
Communion with the island. The light transcends space and time, we know this. If he has such a strong connection with the source I don't see how glimpsing the future is a stretch?
>taller and older
You *could* chalk it up to the fact that Walt is off island at that point and time moves differently between the island and outside of the island.
>>80615571
It's not something I got at all. I didn't think "oh, the smoke alarm's going off, I bet the smoke monster's about to tear through the lobby of this hospital".
>>80615583
It was a fantastic ending.
>>
They Died on the Plane. Sorry.
When Christian said some people died before and some people died after, he meant the people who were not on the plane like Penny, Ben, etc.

It doesn't make much sense that Claire would be pregnant in the after life if she didn't die on the plane.

It's simply that Jack tried to make sense of his death, his brain trying to make purpose and meaning in his final moments.

It would also explain all the phenomena that is simply inexplicable. The plot holes and mythos. The Dharma initiative? It's someone trying to make sense of their death.

People keep saying to rewatch Christian's statements to Jack and hence prove that the island was real. He simply meant Jack's feelings were real, not what took place.

That's my take on it, but it's ridiculous if you think the wreckage of the plane as the last shots has no meaning. The creators wouldn't let that play during their credits if it held no meaning.

Otherwise, if the island was in fact real, then that would make the whole show pointless. You can argue all day that the show was about the characters, but then there wouldn't be so much focus on all the phenomena that took place. And that would just prove the much of the show was pointless since a huge percentage of the show is to experience the non character elements. The locations, the 'magic,' the fight of good and evil is simply introspection in your last moments.
>>
>>80615706
You're an idiot dude.
>>
>>80615706
I'm not taking the bait
>>
I'm sorry but Christian's body disappearance is not a matter of "it's not important". They simply forgot to address it.
>>
>>80615796
*bows respectfully*
>>
Why doesn't Desmond remember having vivid dreams about being on the freighter and having to go to Oxford to help a professor achieve time travel on a rat?
>>
Why didn't Hurley lose any weight on the island? I know he says he's down a couple belt notches (do fat people even need belts?) but it was clearly a lie since he's actually visibly FATTER at that point. Even with a supply of Dharma Initiative peanut butter, Apollo Bars, cheese puffs, and ranch dressing, it's impossible to maintain the caloric intake of a 400lb man over the course of 3 months, or the 3 years after that.
>>
>>80615896
He can change things that happened in the past. The "whatever happened, happened" rule doesn't apply to Desmond, he can change the past. BUT, as Eloise makes clear, the universe still course corrects, so the timeline stays the same until it's changed relative to the original timeline. That's why Desmond didn't remember the conversation at the hatch backdoor with Faraday until years after it happened.

That's the explanation from the relative point of view. The more common sense why of thinking about it is that those days are just blank to Desmond until he remembers them in the distant future.
>>80615967
He was only on the Island for 108 days. In that time, absolute max, he could have lost like 20kg. Probably less than that since, as you say, they weren't exactly starving on the island.
>>
>>80607772
How do you know all this shit
>>
Was the island purgatory?
>>
>>80616042
And to expand on this, what the fuck was the ending? I enjoyed the whole series, but I never truly could understand the ending.
>>
>>80616034
Literally everything OP has said ITT is explained in the show. Do you even do yearly rewatches retard?
>>
>>80616034
I'm not an idiot.
>>80616075
I don't understand how that can be. They went to the hand holdy extreme of having one character (Jack) not understand and having another character (Christian) explain it to him and therefore the audience. Were you sleepy when you watched the ending?
>Jack and Kate and Locke and everyone else live their lives. That includes their time on the island, and off the island.
>they die, at different times. Locke dies in 2007, Jack dies a few months later on the island. Boone died in 2004. Kate died much later than all of them. They all met up in purgatory, a place designed for them to encounter one another and learn some lessons.
>they eventually recall their lives and realise they're in purgatory
>they accept this. they meet in the church and get absorbed by the light and go to the afterlife, whatever that is.
What's confusing about that?
>>
>be a 35 yr old woman with 35 yrs experience of love and loss and heartbreak and adventure and whatever else
>be on an island for 2 months then die
>wait in purgatory for everyone else on the island to die so that you can move to the afterlife with complete strangers
>your dead husband isn't even there

Yeah, the ending made total sense.
>>
>>80616266
Libby?

Honestly it might not have even been Libby. The principal of the school in the flashsideways wasn't a real person. No reason to think Libby was.
>>
>>80616341
Dude, she's in the church at the end.
>>
>>80616428
So are the pews.
>>
brb gotta go to the servo
>>
>>80616447
I hope you understand how stupid that sounded. If you're honestly gonna tell me Libby isn't one of the people who moves on with the rest, then you're not a L O S T expert.
>>
SHIT THREAD, SHIT OP, SHIT SERIES
>>
>>80616605
This is actually one of the best threads of all time
>>
>>80616483
Quick recap on some of the things we know for sure to be true about the flash-sideways:

1. There are "people" in it that aren't really people at all but fabrications of the actual people in the purgatory to help them on their way. Jack's son, for example helps Jack with his daddy issues. Ben's boss helps him deal with his leadership issues. Neither of these people really exist. They're a means to an end.

2. There are things present in the church that aren't real as well, such as the windows and pot plants and pews and the clothing the people there are wearing.

Why is the conclusion that Libby is not real in the flash-sideways confusing for you? The only argument you've put forward is "but she was in the church", but that's an irrelevant consideration. Things can be inside the church and not move on (because they're just objects). As I recall she never gets a jolt that makes her recall her past life either, while Hurley does. And like you yourself said before - it's ridiculous that this two month experience supersedes for importance her marriage or her time in the mental hospital.
>>
The ending is so fucking dumb. Almost ruined the whole thing desu.

They were triggered they had to change their plan because people guessed the island is purgatory mid way through season 1, so they wrote the ending to still use part of the original plan despite how little sense it made.
>>
>>80616751
Because she's not an inanimate object, she's a person. If she was just there to serve as a catalyst for Hurley's awakening, she wouldn't be present in the church. Just like how Christian LEAVES the church after serving his purpose. Libby doesn't leave, it shows her enter the light along with everyone else.

I'm sorry, but your argument is a huge stretch. There's no reason to believe at all that she isn't part of the group that moves on. Nothing indicates otherwise, except for the inconsistencies I noted (which points to poor writing).
>>
>>80616895
>They were triggered they had to change their plan because people guessed
The Taimandred situation
>>
>>80609919
Locke and Ben in Jacob's Cabin. "Help me"
>>
>>80616910
Also, in Hurley's episode it's quite clear that Libby has an awakening as well. She talks about having flashes of being on an island, about how they're having the first date they never got, and when Hurley has his, she realizes she isn't crazy.

The fact that she experiences the same flashes that the others experience (something that is only shared between the ones in the church, not the fabricated people) and the fact that she's in the fucking church when they enter the light, I just can't see how your argument is valid at all.

Sometimes you just gotta accept that you're wrong dude.
>>
>>80616895
>They
There were different head writers and show runners between season 1 and season 6.
>>80616910
Your Christian point is a good one. I'm still suspicious about Libby's presence there because my headcanon has something similar to say about Shannon's presence there. But I'm happy to agree to disagree.
>>
>>80616991
Considering this, I totally agree that OP is wrong about that not being the real Libby, but regarding this:
>>80616266
However short her time on the island was, it was a fucking intense time, and she made a significant connection with one of these people who were in the church. Is it unreasonable or nonsensical that this connection was more significant than the one she had before?
>>
The man in black did nothing wrong
>>
>>80617558
I can't agree but sometimes I watch this and I'm not so sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjm5I0bd5u0
>>
File: 1289711189692.png (319KB, 655x592px) Image search: [Google]
1289711189692.png
319KB, 655x592px
>I've made 57 posts itt
what am i doing with my life
>>
>>80612250
ben's mother wasn't mib, the writers confirmed it
>>
What was the Island?
>>
>>80617763
A cork on The Source. The Island kept The Source contained.
>>
>>80617789
Man you don't know anything about lost.
>>
>>80617810
What was the island then, smart guy?
>>
File: pierre.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pierre.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>80617733
Rank the seasons in order of your personal preference
>>
File: 1428465268006.jpg (16KB, 499x487px) Image search: [Google]
1428465268006.jpg
16KB, 499x487px
someone post the jack throwing the ball in the ground lost intro webm
>>
>>80617824
The Axis Mundi. The entire show is just an attempt to follow Joseph Campbell's work on the Monomyth and the Hero's Journey.
>>
File: 1329610523476.gif (491KB, 275x155px) Image search: [Google]
1329610523476.gif
491KB, 275x155px
>>80617830
I rank them all about equally (even season 3, I liked it), except for season 6, which is objectively of a lower quality than the earlier seasons. I've watched season 6 the least and am the least familiar with it
>>80617848
Have a gif
>>
File: 1431120307104.jpg (9KB, 300x284px) Image search: [Google]
1431120307104.jpg
9KB, 300x284px
>>80617869

thanks
>>
I fucking love this show.

>that cliffhanger where jack got caught playing catch with the others
>that cliffhanger where ben comes out of no where to dry his clothes
>that entire episode with jin flashbacks and sun flashforwards that ends with jin's funeral

Amazing
>>
File: sayid cuk.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sayid cuk.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
What did you guys think of that sub plot in late season one where Hurley became a white nationalist and called Shannon a coalburning race traitor slut?
>>
>>80617824
rewatch s2e18, the psychic spells it out
>>
>>80617895
season 2 opening scene is still the best
>>
>>80617848
>>80617893

lmao post of this kind of shit.
>>
File: charlie.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
charlie.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>80617869
Why the Season 3 caveat?

Season 3 is a hell of a lot better than 4 and 5, and I would argue that many aspects of it was a big improvement from season 2. Season 2 had too good of a "hook" (The Hatch) that it kind of forgot about the characters, a lot of them felt off that season, they got stagnant. Season 3 brought back life into the characters, and while it is guilty of having quite a lot of filler, I think quite a bit of that filler did a good job at making them feel like people again.
>>
>>80617824
>>80617859
Lost expert my ass
>>
>>80617900
Did you find it as funny as I did when Locke falls out of his van on his wheelchair?
>>
File: gamechanger1.jpg (99KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
gamechanger1.jpg
99KB, 450x300px
Will we ever go back?
>>
>>80607772
Where can i watch Lost? Is it on Netflix, HBO, or some other subscription based streaming site?
>>
>>80618457
It's on aus netflix
>>
>>80618100
*bows respectfully*
>>
>>80615583
>but I always thought it was "MUH MYSTUREE" nonsense that was leading nowhere
You were right
>>
File: 28.jpg (42KB, 371x480px) Image search: [Google]
28.jpg
42KB, 371x480px
>that 2005-2010 period watching new L O S T, 24, House and Fringe
>>
>>80618686

It was glorious.
>>
>>80618686
not sure why individuals keep bringing up house when discussing writer's strike era kinovision
>>
>>80618548
The LOST Australia ARG community was cancer as fuck.
>>
>>80617824
It was purgatory the writters just got butthurt because people easily guess it
>>
>>80618778
>baby's first theory
>>
File: tmp_21694-NjsMp7bh484043408.jpg (127KB, 963x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_21694-NjsMp7bh484043408.jpg
127KB, 963x1024px
>>80618717
Because it made house drop the old team and bring this monster to the show
>>
What was the producers' reasoning behind the MiB taking on Locke's appearance? I'm sure the MiB probably explained it in universe, but it seemed an odd choice production-wise (normies are incredibly confused about the smallest details). Was it just because Terry O'Quinn was cool as hell?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwICmPYCXdM

me irl
>>
File: ayyyyyyyyy.jpg (216KB, 634x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyyyyyy.jpg
216KB, 634x1024px
>>80618918
>>
>>80618100
btfo
>>
>>80619010
>Was it just because Terry O'Quinn was cool as hell
I guess
And to show locke is a retard who never achived anything
always fucking up
a baffoon
that was his character
The loser that.... Always lose
>>
>>80615818
Are you a tard? Man in black took it same as the other dead niggas. That's who jack was chasing and talked to same as Mr eko and his brother. I swear none of you even paid a lick of attention
>>
>>80619606
Theres no reason why he would take it he doesnt need it to absorb memories

They simply retcon it to be the mib
>>
>>80612879
The final lame retarded answer the show gave was each number was one of the possible replacements for Jacob. Example jack - 4 Kate - 8 etc. Was written in a cave and on that stupid telescope
>>
>>80607772
I just finished that series, some of the characters were fucking amazing. Locke, Ben, Faraday, Des, Jack, Charlie, Jin&Sun, Hugo, Sawyer.
And 1x04 has some of the best emotional ending to an episode ever
>>
File: 23.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
shannon is my wife
>>
Who was the waving man
>>
>>80607772

Why was Juliet at the purgatory church thing if she wasn't on the plane?

Where were Ana Lucia, Michael, Walt, and Eko?
>>
File: Ethan.jpg (90KB, 1260x710px) Image search: [Google]
Ethan.jpg
90KB, 1260x710px
Hello, Juliet. I'm Ethan and I'm 24 years old.
>>
File: 186362_1239627538165_500_281.jpg (56KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
186362_1239627538165_500_281.jpg
56KB, 500x281px
I'm Charlotte and I'm six years older than Ethan.
>>
>>80609359
>Presumably it was automated at first, but then it became a psychological experiment for observers at the Pearl to partake in.

retarded
>>
File: Mac.jpg (23KB, 550x305px) Image search: [Google]
Mac.jpg
23KB, 550x305px
>>80607772
Why was Ronald McDonald on the Island?
>>
What was up with the black kid's wizard powers?
>>
File: EddieColburn.jpg (162KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
EddieColburn.jpg
162KB, 620x349px
Did John shoot Jesse Pinkman or not?
>>
>best moment you asked?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51yTvw8Qubs
>>
>>80621925

I didn't ask, but here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHvd6FoRDpw
>>
>>80607819
This has always bothered me. Also explain MUH timelines
>>
File: 1462660545122.png (121KB, 359x179px) Image search: [Google]
1462660545122.png
121KB, 359x179px
>>80621533
where does paddy's pub fit into his timeline?
>>
>>80610831
>(S07E01, "...Or is it?")
kek
>>
>>80621777
Dude you 100% have the autism if you think that remotely looks like Arron Paul.
>>
>>80611227
>locke's there
>helen's not with him

The poor guy not only got cucked by life, but also the afterlife
>>
>>80611587
This all sounds like shit and will ruin the memory of L O S T being one of the greatest television experiences ever.
>>
>>80613246
Ben killed Jacob, but he was never a candidate.
>>
>>80618918
Season Four is my favourite season of House. The mass audition is beautiful television.
>>
>>80615706
>They Died on the Plane

Welcome to "How To Spot A Pleb 101"
>>
>>80607772
What the living fuck ever happened to Walt?
>>
>>80621533
Who Pooped In The Temple Pool
The Gang Accidently Kills The Dharma Initiative
Frank And Charlie Find A Hatch
>>
>>80610577
The numbers may not mean anything in particular, but that doesn't make it a coincidence. We know that the Island's light is not bound by time like that. The lottery numbers and what happened to Hurley in general was all about his connection to the Island.

I don't think there is a definitive answer that would say "the numbers are about this". But whatever they are, the Island's power left it in several connected places and times.
>>
Okay, I've got a Lost question.

Why would you watch such a fucking terrible show?
>>
>>80612318
>Why do bad things happen to the people involved with the Numbers?
>>80612347
>They don't, Hurley and Leonard and Sam are just nuts.

They do. But it's not that simple. Bad things were happening, but "in the end", they bring them to the Island and make the characters grow. It was what was necessary to happen.
>>
>>80611398
kek that was great
>>
File: eko.jpg (44KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
eko.jpg
44KB, 680x478px
Ello John
>>
>>80616266
It was Jack's important people, not everyone's important people.
>>
No lost verticals in this thread
Why?
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.