[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alot of people sit around and bitch about the reboot of Ghostbusters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 11

File: 1489780550002.jpg (112KB, 1232x751px) Image search: [Google]
1489780550002.jpg
112KB, 1232x751px
Alot of people sit around and bitch about the reboot of Ghostbusters being feminized made with a political agenda first instead of entertainment. The fact that Feig himself said he hated that paranormal crap. We couldnt stop that mess.

We can stop this mess:
>Contact Netflix the main funding source for this show and tell them to pull their funding.
>Email Netflix, call Netflix, chat with Netflix.
>Trek fans saved TOS from being cancelled through letter writing and got Dr.Crusher back.
>Without the financing from Netflix, CBS will cancel the show instead of tanking the franchise on a non SciFi non exploration series.
>>
<----This show is living up to its name STD.

Here is why this STD is not Trek and YOU can actually stop this from happening instead of making endless threads of their political agenda which makes no sense in Trek.
>Fuller the lead creator left which was a nice way of saying fired for not including profanity and graphic sex, yep that happened.
>Two creators left openly state the show will be less Scifi and Exploration, focusing on interpersonal relationships, but what kind?
>Casting for the first time in Trek history was limited by race, gender, and sexual preference.
>Show will focus on being openly gay in the federation and how a black female will be the number one.

That doesnt matter in Trek, Trek has always been diverse. Focusing whole shows on it when diversity is supposed to be no big thing in the future is just backwards retarded. Keep in mind TOS showed the first interracial on screen kiss. This whole new show filled with gore, profanity, and sex is everything no Trek fan ever wanted. We want our scifi and our exploration and all that has been ripped away to target as the key demo 24-40 year old females. They want that walking dead demographic for some reason....

Do what you can, Netflix listens to people, you may think they dont, but they do... Especially when the CEO is a HUGE Trek fan and thats why he dumped so much money into it. Due to rescheduling and cancellations past the 1st quarter that contract is now subject to full revocation if we get Netflix to go through with it.

DO YOUR PART!!!!
>>
>>80599410
I kinda like women though.
>>
>>80599442
that is abe sapien what does this have to do with star trek
>>
>>80599410
No one gives a shit, Mike.

>>80599494
Sure you do, Jay.
>>
>>80599442
>>80599410
Jason Issacs isn't a black woman as far as I know
>>
>>80599442
>fired for not including profanity and graphic sex
Proof? If true my optimism is dead.
>>
>>80599494
>I kinda like women though.
uhhhh you mean like Janeway on Voyager or going back to Uhura on TOS? Women on Trek is old news, they been there done that. Spending countless episodes focusing on a womans role in Trek or a gay mans life are fuckall retarded when Trek is and always has been diverse without needing to dwell on it like its a big deal which it isnt supposed to be in the future. The pop culture crusade of today is not supposed to be in the show of tomorrow.
>>
>>80599442
>fired for not including profanity and graphic sex
what the shit?
>>
>>80599648
>Jason Issacs isn't a black woman as far as I know
Hes the Captain, the show focuses on the Number one and ship crew NOT the captain.
>>
>>80599442
Who is that ayy lmao?
>>
>>80599727
In what twisted perception does a STAR TREK show not focus on the captain?
>>
>>80599685
>Proof? If true my optimism is dead.
One of the reasons the show is avoiding minus its first airing television is to avoid regulation with the intent of including more profanity, sex and gore which has been promoted even in Variety as a selling point for Star Trek. Fuller and others who left the show even said hearing Federation personnel hurling around profanity just doesnt fit with Trek, and yea thats kind of a deal breaker since it doesnt break cannon but it breaks with tradition. Its as if a butler would suddenly start saying the word "LoL" or bae.
>>
>>80599796
>In what twisted perception does a STAR TREK show not focus on the captain?
sadly in this one anon... thats basically the pitch of the show, well now you know even if you hate that but thats what their doing.

Think of that one TNG ep about the ship crew and that is this whole series. Not a bad concept but its executed quite poorly and it can be stopped if you hate that either way.
>>
>SJW Trek

no thanks
>>
>>80599872
>sadly in this one anon... thats basically the pitch of the show, well now you know even if you hate that but thats what their doing.

Noooooo I needed this show please don't do this to me right now
>>
>>80599941
>Noooooo I needed this show please don't do this to me right now
That was the concept from the start... If Fuller was there who is a card carrying Trekkie and loyal to fans was on board it would work.

He literally said he would drop everything to do another Trek series and he did, he left his award winning projects like Hannibal only to have morons at CBS basically fire for not having enough sex and profanity. Exactly what no Trek fan ever wanted.

If you care, do what Trek fans did in the past write Netflix to pull their funding. We can make this happen if we unite. Trek fans united are an unstoppable force.
>>
>>80600071
I say let them go through with it, let it crash and burn miserably, and then once it gets cancelled after S1, rebuild from scratch

sounds like they're too far along to stop now
>>
>>80600278
>sounds like they're too far along to stop now
bu-but their not anon... The CEO of CBS even said to investors they havent shot jack, and hope to shoot soon.

We can get Netflix to pull that funding forcing CBS to close the show since CBS is more interested in saving money to buy Sony Pictures than anything else.

We can do it!
>>
>>80600278
Ya gotta member if you let this get made and it crashes and burns you will go at least 15 years before another trek series.

Keep in mind many actors on the show want out, many people on the show want it gone, and many of those are trekkies.
>>
>>80600475
>Keep in mind many actors on the show want out, many people on the show want it gone

how do you know this?
>>
>>80600643
>how do you know this?
This. I'm seeing a distinct lack of sources cited ITT.
>>
>>80599524
>>80599771
Doug "Abe Sapien" Jones plays one of the main characters in STD.
>>
>>80600643
>how do you know this?
Its known around town.... Its known from them... The show is forcing people into problematic boxes due to its weird agenda. People thought they were gonna be part of something like Star Trek and arent so stupid they dont know what it is, and at the same time know what will happen to them with what their making them do...
>>
>>80600864
Okay, but where is your source?
>>
>>80600772
>This. I'm seeing a distinct lack of sources cited ITT.
Variety has alot of this info, interviews with the creators the 2 left at comicons and other panels.

Just be happy I left out how at one panel they were asked about including a muslim and they replied that they are in talks about adding a muslims as a counter point to Trump. grrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaaat
>>
>>80600881
>Okay, but where is your source?
I got nothing for you except Variety and word of mouth. It should be common sense right?
>>
>>80600904
>>80600933
What specifically does Variety say?
>>
File: tableflip.gif (2MB, 380x214px) Image search: [Google]
tableflip.gif
2MB, 380x214px
>>80600933
>I got nothing for you except Variety and word of mouth. It should be common sense right?
No thats like the opposite of common sense, if you are trying to stage a coup against CBS or whatever at least have some actual verified intel backing up all these claims your making

give us a link or something

show us a quote from someone on the show

anything at all
>>
>>80600933
>>80600881
The source for which part the actors? Thats from them but nothing on paper you will find ever about it or on any video. That would be a dick move and blackball them if it got out.

>>80600973
Far as variety it has talked about the shows content doesnt mesh with how the premise of the show was sold to the talent. They felt they were going to be part of Star Trek, this is an internal thing so no names ever listed but seems pretty general.
>>
>>80601021
>show us a quote from someone on the show
That wont happen you know that... they would be blackballed... If you need proof about that skip it and pick any of the other points which all have proof, dont belabor one none of us can do anything about.
>>
>>80601034
SHOW US A GOD DAMN LINK

OR ARE YOU MAKING THIS ALL UP
>>
>>80601034
>>80601067
So you made it up. Cool.
>>
>>80601067
Alright seems you got on your tinfoil hat at this point
>>
>>80601079
>SHOW US A GOD DAMN LINK
Are you an idiot? There are like ten thousand other things wrong posted and your focusing on one that you know their under contract for and wont give their names. Way to be an einstein there with that one.

>>80601094
whatever lets you sleep at night.
>>
>>80601137
>Alright seems you got on your tinfoil hat at this point

Nah, its more your out of the loop on this stuff and doing some weird blame the messenger thing. No worries.
>>
>>80601178
>>80601163
Ok, simple question then OP, can you actually provide any kind of proof of ANYTHING you've claimed here in this thread?

ANYTHING AT ALL? A link to these so called "Variety" postings would work.
>>
File: 1386081539383.png (77KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1386081539383.png
77KB, 900x900px
>>80599648
Yo hold up, based Jason Isaacs is going to be the captain for this new Star Trek TV series?
>>
>>80601163
>Are you an idiot? There are like ten thousand other things wrong posted
Yeah, blatant absolute lies like >>80600904.

Or do you have a source where STD creators were asked about Muslim characters and answered that they're trying to counter Trump?
>>
>>80599410
Fuck you. I'm hyped
>>
>>80601283
>Ok, simple question then OP, can you actually provide any kind of proof of ANYTHING you've claimed here in this thread?
All of it has proof minus the actor comments since thats more inside drama... Its all pretty well known... The main source is CBS its in their promo material which is issued look it up.
>>
>>80601406
FUCKING SHOW US
>>
File: 1419934586284.gif (475KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
1419934586284.gif
475KB, 499x374px
>>80601349
>Hyped for gay romance and zero space action/exploration
>>
>>80599410
CBS won't give up on Star Trek. If it tanks, crashes, and burns CBS will still resurrect it again. Star Trek is their only long lasting cash cow. If it dies, They'll have nothing to fall back on. You're assuming it will be feminized as much as Ghostbusters, but still you're assuming far too much too soon.
CBS literally cannot afford for it to die. Star Trek has never been consistently successful. Star Trek has ALWAYS had to struggle to connect with its audience.

ST:TOS struggled to be put on the air, but we can thank Lucille Ball for putting up the money no one else would.
ST:TNG struggled its first season, but we can thank Whoopie Goldberge for getting it noticed as mainstream.

Many fans want new Star Trek, but the problem is fans can't agree. Remember it has always struggled, and survived to become better each time it failed.
>>
>>80601406
>All of it has proof

W H E R E
H
E
R
E
>>
>>80601406
Where is your Variety article?

Why don't you post the article and quote specifically whic passages inside the article cause you to be concerned?
>>
File: 1482022393864.png (998KB, 1549x871px) Image search: [Google]
1482022393864.png
998KB, 1549x871px
>>80601447
>implying that Geordi and Data weren't a gay couple
>implying that Picard wasn't gay
>implying that Janeway wasn't lesbian

I literally don't give a fuck.
>>
>>80601448
>CBS won't give up on Star Trek. If it tanks, crashes, and burns CBS will still resurrect it again
Where has that been in the last what like 10-15 years? dont go full retard.
>>
>>80601552
>>implying that Geordi and Data weren't a gay couple
It was never implied that they werent.... let the fan fiction roll like Kirk and Spock Ponn Farr
>>
>>80601603
Star Trek:Voyager, Enterprise, Star Trek Online, 3 crappy JJ Abram versions, Star Trek Online, remastered TOS & TNG, plans to make a new ST for internet viewing to loosen away from TV censorship....

They haven't given up.
>>
>>80601777
>They haven't given up.
CBS literally shit on JJ when the Trek series got rebooted, where the fuck have you been?

He had a whole universe set and ready to roll with TV and Movies but CBS wouldnt do it. Your trips are an impressive feat, please take that wisdom and look this up to learn more about how he had a whole universe and when that got fubard he got screwed on Trek and got stuck making that crappy CGI action version.
>>
>>80601887
>JJ did nothing wrong, it's all CBS' fault
Do you have a source?
>>
>>80601887
>>80601982
YES AGAIN WITH THE SOURCE

I can't fuckin deal with this right now

Please, please, show us something
>>
>>80602050
>YES AGAIN WITH THE SOURCE
Google it you lazy fuck, dont expect the world to spoon feed you shit.

Learn for yourself is the best way to learn anything desu and youll be happier knowing you came to the conclusion.
>>
File: Data_wearing_a_beard.jpg (247KB, 655x747px) Image search: [Google]
Data_wearing_a_beard.jpg
247KB, 655x747px
is Kirk alive in this show or is this an "alternate" timeline
>>
>>80601982
>Do you have a source?
You mean JJ abrams himself who said that all over the place about how Bad Robot was setup to do just that for Trek and because of the fallout he ended up helming Star Wars?

Your on the wrong board if your that out of the loop, so look it up, take you ten seconds.
>>
>>80602275
k you're nuts man im out
>>
>>80602287
>is Kirk alive in this show or is this an "alternate" timeline
People are all angry about sources so I cant discuss that since its in CBS promo materials but I dont know where those are online to give out any info now.
>>
>>80599648
He's not even a regular, his character dies in the pilot and the black female second in command gets command of the ship. This was the premise they talked about long ago before they stopped using specific in order to preserve spoilers.
>>
>>80601887
>CBS literally shit on JJ

JJ created HIS version of an emotional Spock, and a frat boy Kirk. I really DO NOT like JJ's vision which seems to be about smashing it, and calling it your own. I'd enjoy offering a shitting on him along side them.

>where the fuck have you been?

Earth 21st century, but 24th to 27th in my fictional ST world.
It is about how you choose to accept it. I'm a fan, always have been.
I believe I've addressed our differences of opinions in my first post:" Many fans want new Star Trek, but the problem is fans can't agree. Remember it has always struggled, and survived to become better each time it failed."

Please reread that over until it sinks in.
>>
>>80602342
Post a source, please.

This thread has had too many lies, so your claims are not trustworthy by default.
>>
>>80602393
>He's not even a regular, his character dies in the pilot and the black female second in command gets command of the ship
He doesnt die... wtf? The black female is the number one thats the whole premise of the show its about the crew not the bridge crew per se. Thats the whole shtick they been pushing all along.
>>
>>80602408
>I believe I've addressed our differences of opinions in my first post:" Many fans want new Star Trek, but the problem is fans can't agree. Remember it has always struggled, and survived to become better each time it failed."
Well its not getting any better in this version.
>>
>>80602287
Kirk is alive but he won't be appearing.

Kirk's parents are alive, because this isn't JJ Abrams shit, but they won't be appearing either.

Spock's dad is going to appear though, since he's a famous ambassador.
>>
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/george-takei-star-trek-discovery-gay-character-1201939883/

http://pastebin.com/JayT6gx6

>When I was informed they were making Sulu gay, I said, ‘It’s wonderful that they can deal with the gay issue. But honor Gene. It’s not about me. It’s about Gene’s vision and respect him and respect the characters that he created.'”

>“But be as imaginative and creative as Gene was,” Takei advised producers, “Create a new character and make him or her gay with the issues he or she might have to deal with in the 23rd century. That would be exciting. That would be paying tribute.”

>Instead, producers chose to make Sulu gay in 2016’s “Star Trek Beyond.”

Abandon ship m8s
>>
>>80602507

They've learn that Star Trek fans don't like dumb movie versions of Star Trek. I'd say that is a learned lesson.
>>
>>80602523
>Spock's dad is going to appear though, since he's a famous ambassador.
can confirm.... this is a highly inflammatory point among the show right now though.
>>
>>80602547
that was totally different and Pegg had no idea what was going on and truly felt he was honoring Takai, due to change in writers he had no idea Takai said he didnt want that in the script until after the fact.
>>
>>80602619
>this is a highly inflammatory point among the show right now though.
Why?

He's a famous ambassador. If they're going to feature diplomats holding diplomatic talks, why not him?

Did you never know that about him because you've never watched Star Trek before?
>>
>>80602653
Dunno what your talking about m8 it reeks of political shenanigans to me
>>
>>80602547
When Beyond was coming out, you whiners complained that they took an existing character and made them gay, when they should have created a brand new character instead.

Now they're doing exactly what you suggested, and still you're complaining.

When will you get a life?
>>
>>80602673
>He's a famous ambassador. If they're going to feature diplomats holding diplomatic talks, why not him?
>Did you never know that about him because you've never watched Star Trek before?
Its inflammatory due to a problem with the character usage not his role is what I meant. Its contentious for whatever their reasons are, that is all way behind closed doors, off set stuff so who knows what those points are but their there whatever they are.
>>
>>80602697
>Dunno what your talking about m8 it reeks of political shenanigans to me
ehhhhh less political more that Pegg simply didnt know that it was previously talked about with Takai and noone bothered to tell him when he got brought on to pen the script. That info is available online from Pegg himself about the whole thing.
>>
>>80602739
So nobody's upset except for you, and your reason for being upset is that they're developing this show "behind closed doors" instead of telling you in advance everything that's happening?

Lol.
>>
>>80602734
>When Beyond was coming out, you whiners complained that they took an existing character and made them gay, when they should have created a brand new character instead.
I dun care if anyone is gay or trans, or whatever but there is no need to focus on it as if its something new, this is supposed to be the future with all that BS pop culture crusading behind them.
>>
>>80602734
Beyond was shit and doomed to fail regardless of the gay casting. What's happening now is a symptom (though not a cause) pointing to star trek discovery being hot garbage
>>
>>80602820
It wasn't focused on in Beyond, but you whiners were complaining about that too.
>>
>>80602816
>So nobody's upset except for you, and your reason for being upset is that they're developing this show "behind closed doors" instead of telling you in advance everything that's happening?
Your confusing me with the people making the show. Im not upset either way about Sarak just confirming what I know about the discussions of said character and how on the show its a point of contention about how to move forward with it in the right way. Id love more Sarak desu.
>>
we did it reddit
>>
>>80602864
>It wasn't focused on in Beyond, but you whiners were complaining about that too.
I never cared at all senpai
>>
>>80602778
Post a sauce then. I did
>>
>>80602889
sure gimme a sec bro lemme see what I can find...
>>
>>80602868
Can you post a source that it's a point of contention?
>>
>>
>>80602912
So here is some Takai gay Sulu email sauce, kinda tough to find on google since the top is all spammed with clarifications from both and responses from both, this is pretty close to what kicked it off, I can keep getting more though if needed? Im bored anyways.
http://www.cbr.com/simon-pegg-responds-to-george-takeis-criticism-of-a-gay-sulu-in-star-trek-beyond/
>Takei said he tried to convince Cho that creating a new gay character would be better, but he later realized they were indeed moving forward after he received a call from director Justin Lin. That was followed by an email from Pegg praising Takei “for my advocacy for the LGBT movement and for my pride in ‘Star Trek.” “And I thought to myself, ‘How wonderful! It’s a fan letter from Simon Pegg. Justin had talked to him,'” Takei recalled, thinking they’d reconsidered their plans for Sulu. However, about a month ago, he received another message from Cho confirming hat Sulu is gay in “Beyond.”
>>
>>80603149
>>80602912
>>80602889
This link isnt bad either:
http://legionofleia.com/2016/07/george-takei-doesnt-want-a-gay-sulu-simon-pegg-responds/
>>
>>80602922
>Can you post a source that it's a point of contention?
I would if there was one besides word of mouth... but meh thats how it goes, noone probably knows what the contention is except the people in the room, must be a big enough deal that it leaked out though whatever it is out of that room.
>>
>>80599442
>Fuller the lead creator left which was a nice way of saying fired for not including profanity and graphic sex, yep that happened.

I really don't see the problem with having sex and profanity in trek, it makes sense people wouldn't have hang-ups over these things in a post-religeous society.
>>
>>80603484
>I really don't see the problem with having sex and profanity in trek
Neither do the 2 leftover creators for STD who will be spending substantial time on romance subpots and airtime on sexual content.
>>
>>80603234
So it's yet ANOTHER piece of bullshit that you made up. Great.
>>
>>80603567
There are more than 2 people working on Discovery.
>>
>>80603683
yes everything is bullshit, are that tarded? or just jaded by fake news on CNN?
>>
>>80603728
the third has no voice per contract over the other 2 or main one which got creative control when Fuller left under direction from CBS CEO
>>
Star Trek fans are pathetic.
>>
>>80603826
Where is your source for this power structure? Where can I look at the contract?
>>
>>80603881
you can ask all you want... which isnt a bad idea, look that up, there should be info out about specifically what your looking for.

The third guy in line though you would love to have more control, its the guy from those cube movies and he is a die hard Trekkie for life.
>>
>>80599796
DS9 started it, Sisko was a COMMANDER for the first seasons
>>
>>80603951
I am asking.

You made the claim, so you provide a source.
>>
>>80604007
>You made the claim, so you provide a source.
I dont gotta do shit for you bro. What the fuck spoiled brat world do you live in? Go prove it wrong yourself or live in ignorance, the world wont change either way. Just toke a bowl and let it ride my man you seem stressed.
>>
>>80603990
>DS9 started it, Sisko was a COMMANDER for the first seasons
I never felt DS9 was about any certain crew, more about the station and life on it in general or that is just me?
>>
>hear some bad things about Discovery
>ask for a source
>it turns out that some bored 4channer made them up for attention
This thread is only serving to make me more optimistic for Discovery, to be quite honest.
>>
>>80604700
>This thread is only serving to make me more optimistic for Discovery, to be quite honest.
All that stuff in OPs post is widely available on the internet ya derp. Dont be proud of being ignorant.
>>
>>80602778
>that surreal moment when they correct Takei about the gay nature of his own character, to honor him
>>
>>80605657
this timeline is best timeline.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.